PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Suggestion?

raspsa
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Do you think there's any merit to Pop's suggestion that the league set up a committee to review and approve all trades? On one hand GMs have the right to make stupid decisions and be primarily answerable to the team owners. Balance this against the need for the league to be competitively balanced.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Pop should go fist himself. There's no merit whatsoever. How could such a thing ever be achieved? He's just blowing hot air out of his ass because now the Spurs can't win just by "default".

Fattmac78
02-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I think this piece of shit above me is right about us not just being able to just walk through the west anymore!

lonestr
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Pop should go fist himself. There's no merit whatsoever. How could such a thing ever be achieved? He's just blowing hot air out of his ass because now the Spurs can't win just by "default".

Hey Majicman, it's bad enough you were a red-headed stepchild growing up in a dysfunctional home. It's another for those in this forum to realize you're just a sniveling 22 year old making $6.00/hr at the local McDonald's tapping away on your hand-me-down Pentium II Dell notebook because your intelligence sure lacks the wisdom that a fan would bring to any forum. Looks like you were violated by your pedophile uncle and no one in your family believes you due to your natural incessant whining about everything. You don't have a girlfriend; why would any female hook up with a man-child with self-esteem issues?

The only confirmation you have as a man of the world is your obtuse criticism of the only team to spank your precious Laker's on national t.v. and end the reign... the San Antonio Spurs. You just can't handle it little fella, why don't you just fly away and impress the hell out of us and pet that bizaar Gila monster you bought last spring at the flea market.

STFU

WildcardManu
02-09-2008, 09:19 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/n1n10do/pwnd-1.jpg

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey Majicman, it's bad enough you were a red-headed stepchild growing up in a dysfunctional home. It's another for those in this forum to realize you're just a sniveling 22 year old making $6.00/hr at the local McDonald's tapping away on your hand-me-down Pentium II Dell notebook because your intelligence sure lacks the wisdom that a fan would bring to any forum. Looks like you were violated by your pedophile uncle and no one in your family believes you due to your natural incessant whining about everything. You don't have a girlfriend; why would any female hook up with a man-child with self-esteem issues?

The only confirmation you have as a man of the world is your obtuse criticism of the only team to spank your precious Laker's on national t.v. and end the reign... the San Antonio Spurs. You just can't handle it little fella, why don't you just fly away and impress the hell out of us and pet that bizaar Gila monster you bought last spring at the flea market.

STFU

:owned

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Dumb, I didn't even entirely read his long winded attempt at trying to sound "intelligible" and "witty". Same old cliche "red headed step child" "abused by an uncle" lines. Hardly any creativity or originality. Both he and Pop should go fist each other. Cry all you guys want but history tells me "The one and done Spurs" are just that. Real Champions defend their titles. Like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers who owned the Spurs. Both are back in contention and the "San Antonio Tankers" can't handle that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Both are back in contention and the "San Antonio Tankers" can't handle that.
They handled it in 03. They can handle it now.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
They handled it in 03. They can handle it now.
Who knocked you guys out the following year? Did you defend your title?

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Who knocked you guys out the following year? Did you defend your title?
Doesn't matter. Your point was they can't handle it.
We handled it in 03.

picnroll
02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Don't need a committee, just need a hard cap.

Budkin
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Dumb, I didn't even entirely read his long winded attempt at trying to sound "intelligible" and "witty".

Ok then, take your own suggestion and go fist yourself. Your pig squeals would be far easier to listen to than your Spurs hate filled attempts at trolling.
:oink

lonestr
02-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Dumb, I didn't even entirely read his long winded attempt at trying to sound "intelligible" and "witty". Same old cliche "red headed step child" "abused by an uncle" lines. Hardly any creativity or originality. Both he and Pop should go fist each other. Cry all you guys want but history tells me "The one and done Spurs" are just that. Real Champions defend their titles. Like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers who owned the Spurs. Both are back in contention and the "San Antonio Tankers" can't handle that.

But you sure can handle the euphemism "Fisting" quite well huh little fella. Why don't you enlighten us in how it's done since it's you most appealing forum feature in your postings. Let's oblige you with the attention you crave you little red-haired wierdo. Hey!!, don't worry, we wont ask you to sit on any of our laps. We know how you feel about that.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
But you sure can handle the euphemism "Fisting" quite well huh little fella. Why don't you enlighten us in how it's done since it's you most appealing forum feature in your postings. Let's oblige you with the attention you crave you little red-haired wierdo. Hey!!, don't worry, we wont ask you to sit on any of our laps. We know how you feel about that.
Shouldn't you guys from Texas know? Being farm boys and all? I'm sure you've stuck your hand up a cow or two.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Shouldn't you guys from Texas know? Being farm boys and all? I'm sure you've stuck your hand up a cow or two.
So now you're down to stereotypes. Fantastic.

duncan228
02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
:dont

lonestr
02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
MajicMan, you little red-headed weirdo! I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Now I see how deep your self-esteem is fractured. No girl would touch you with a ten foot cattle prod- oops, sorry! I didn't want to demean your first sexual experience.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
You guys are the ones that started it, not me. Who's all bent out of shape over the Pau Gasol trade? What do you guys have to worry about anyways since you are so good and almost always repeat anyhow? :blah

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:03 PM
You guys are the ones that started it, not me.

Pop should go fist himself.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
He should...

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
do you guys have to worry about anyways since you are so good and almost always repeat anyhow?
How come you guys haven't repeated lately? Oh yea, you haven't won any championships to start off with recent...

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
How come you guys haven't repeated lately? Oh yea, you haven't won any championships to start off with lately...
We blew up the team. That's why you guys are default champions. You could never really get past us on your own except the one year of course. We own your souls and you know it. We 3peat and you guys no-peat. How many years did it take us to get back into contention? We never tried to tank. We missed one year of the playoffs and we tried to actually make the playoffs unlike you tankers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
We blew up the team. That's why you guys are default champions.
Not our fault the rest of the league sucked...

You could never really get past us on your own except the one year of course. We own your souls and you know it.
You're an idiot.

We 3peat and you guys no-peat.
We 3 in the last 5 years and you guys none in the last 5 years.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Not our fault the rest of the league sucked...

You're an idiot.

We 3 in the last 5 years and you guys none in the last 5 years.
Where were Pop's morals then? Everyone knew it was a bad trade including him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Where were Pop's morals then? Everyone knew it was a bad trade including him.
What does Pop's morals about a trade this year have to do with the rest of the league sucking the year you guys blew up, you being an idiot, and the Spurs winning 3 of the last 5 championships?

lonestr
02-09-2008, 10:16 PM
You guys are the ones that started it, not me. Who's all bent out of shape over the Pau Gasol trade? What do you guys have to worry about anyways since you are so good and almost always repeat anyhow? :blah

No! No! No! Don't start crying "Uncle" now you little weirdo. Be a Man! If you gonna have the balls to come in here and give us your foul and vile language to prove you have a single hair between your legs, then take everything that's coming to you punk! Obviously this isn't about your precious Laker's. It's about you trying to get a warm and fuzzy with all the chest thumping and erection grandstanding because in real life you are insignificant.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
What does Pop's morals about a trade this year have to do with the rest of the league sucking the year you guys blew up, you being an idiot, and the Spurs winning 3 of the last 5 championships?
No, Pop wants to talk about a trade committee and vetoing trades that make no sense (but only in the Spurs favor). Any trade committee would have vetoed the Shaq trade. Pop just needs to shut his yap and let basketball do the talking. Let's see him get this team to defend their title.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
No, Pop wants to talk about a trade committee and vetoing trades that make no sense (but only in the Spurs favor).
Link?

Pop just needs to shut his yap and let basketball do the talking. Let's see him get this team to defend their title.
Talking smack about something that will take place in the future makes no sense...

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Link?

Talking smack about something that will take place in the future makes no sense...
Sounds like it to me. What about the Vince Carter trade? Baron Davis? These were all salary dumps? Was he complaining about these then? No, he wasn't. Lakers get Pau and he's all up in arms.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
We blew up the team. That's why you guys are default champions. You could never really get past us on your own except the one year of course. We own your souls and you know it.

The really sad part about MajicMan is that he is going to be invisible here as soon as LA is out of the playoffs.

I'd put 2 dollars on LA losing to Phoenix in the first or second round of the playoffs. Sadly (for LA), Majic's main man, Shaq, is going to make Bynum look like a little kid. Odom won't be the difference maker like he typically is in the LA/Phoenix matchup because the paint will no longer be open territory. The Shaq trade effectively squelched any advantage LA gained on Phoenix by picking up Gasol. As long as we're betting, I'd bet 3 dollars that Majic has had wetdreams about sucking on Shaq's size 23 ballsack...either a dream or a recollection of a fond memory.

If Shaq is already on record saying he's going to get motivated to play the Spurs, imagine how motivated he'll be to play the Lakers!! When the Phoenix trade went down, somewhere in Los Angeles a coach, a GM, a shooting guard, and a 20-year old center all shat their collective pants.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds like it to me. What about the Vince Carter trade? Baron Davis? These were all salary dumps? Was he complaining about these then? No, he wasn't. Lakers get Pau and he's all up in arms.
Still waiting on the link...

DazedAndConfused
02-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd put 2 dollars on LA losing to Phoenix

Big spender eh?

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I guess MajicMan wasn't a Lakers fan when the Spurs got past the Lakers in 1999. And I seem to recall the Lakers deciding that they had to load up their team with Hall of Famers just to get past those lowly Spurs.

In any event, to address the point of this thread, I think Pop was kidding about the committee thing, so I don't think that even Pop believes there's any merit to that idea.

anakha
02-09-2008, 10:41 PM
You guys are the ones that started it, not me.

Pop should go fist himself.

:lmao at the Lakers and Suns bandwagoner acting all butthurt over getting owned on shit he started.

hsxvvd
02-09-2008, 10:58 PM
We blew up the team. That's why you guys are default champions. You could never really get past us on your own except the one year of course. We own your souls and you know it. We 3peat and you guys no-peat. How many years did it take us to get back into contention? We never tried to tank. We missed one year of the playoffs and we tried to actually make the playoffs unlike you tankers.

That says it all, nice argument. :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Big spender eh?

I tip my waiters with golf tees.

lonestr
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
It's obvious that Pop was some how inquiring about Pau and perhaps communicating with his agent or rep. Then to see him whisked away to L.A. knowing the Jerry West connection with the Laker's and the Grizzlies. We don't know the mechanics behind the actual deal, but we know that Pop is not one to take a players trade to a team to heart unless the manner by which the trade went where it may indicate collusion. At least that's how I feel may have happened. If there was collusion, then that is serious. Trust Pop to make a big deal about this if there were a secret bargain to keep a player from the rest of the trading market.

DazedAndConfused
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Gasol would be redundant in SAS. You already have the best PF in the game. I don't think SAS was even interested in Gasol. Pop is reacting to this trade on a purely emotional level because he knows exactly what this means for the Lakers. A lot of people here have been downplaying the trade, but Pop knows that when Bynum gets back the Lakers are gonna be extremely tough to defend.

ducks
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
you know everyone said diaw developed when amare was out
then diaw got worse
bynum could do the same thing

ducks
02-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Gasol would be redundant in SAS. You already have the best PF in the game. I don't think SAS was even interested in Gasol. Pop is reacting to this trade on a purely emotional level because he knows exactly what this means for the Lakers. A lot of people here have been downplaying the trade, but Pop knows that when Bynum gets back the Lakers are gonna be extremely tough to defend.
scola would be redunt in sa so that is why they got rid of his sorry ass

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
The really sad part about MajicMan is that he is going to be invisible here as soon as LA is out of the playoffs.

I doubt it takes that long. :lol

ricketts
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM

ok, im not even gonna get into the "Tanks" issue with you be cause we covered that in a diffrent thread. the spurs have risen up as the lakes faded away, we can all agree with that, its no freakin default though, DRob, Duncan, TP all great players. you have a legitimate chance to sniff a championship now (whats it been 5-6 years) that you realized you couldn't do it without help and got West to GIVE you gasol. However if you dont bow out to the spurs in the WCF, i will almost piss my pants with delight when Boston takes your sorry ass back a few decades and wipes the floor with you.

MajicMan
02-09-2008, 11:49 PM
That's pathetic, rooting for Boston in spite. McFail did the exact same thing. There were better packages out there including what the Lakers offered for KG. He just didn't want to help the Lakers and wanted to help his old buddies and Celtics team. Anyhow, like you guys are fucken angels. Tanking is even more pathetic.

DazedAndConfused
02-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Unlike Boston the Lakers are built right now to contend for the next decade. If we don't win it all this year it won't be the end of the world.

ricketts
02-10-2008, 12:17 AM
That's pathetic, rooting for Boston in spite. McFail did the exact same thing. There were better packages out there including what the Lakers offered for KG. He just didn't want to help the Lakers and wanted to help his old buddies and Celtics team. Anyhow, like you guys are fucken angels. Tanking is even more pathetic.

dude, the tanking thing is over, they killed it here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86700

and its not in spite, i'd hate it still but id root for the lesser of two evils. who can hate Bird?

I'm suprised you can bitch about what Boston did and still say what the lakers did was fair. thats what this is all about. people stay in this league for a long, long, long time. its too easy for "favorites" to develop. it should be about ball, who is good for what team and why. Maybe no commitee, but a hard cap or an open trade system (where everyone is available of whats out there and whats being offered) is definetly needed.

venitian navigator
02-10-2008, 03:12 AM
I don't see a real proposal in what Pop said...more a sarcastic comment!
There's no way you can avoid the right to do trades for the owner...but the point is that the owner has to understand how make the choices that are the better ones for his franchise.
I feel like the only effect of that (considering Pop just said what all people think) is that this kind of trades, with abnormal advantage to a franchise in spite of the other, should make people think that sometimes is better to hire someone just totally dedicated to his team, and not to the team he had previous connections with...

So, the message is : owner, you had to be wise in choosing your management, preserve a power of veto in big trades and exercise it when vox populi (or the most part of technical's opinions) is 99 % in considering what you're management is gonna do is a total disaster not only for the present but also for the future of your franchise...

Holgfx
02-10-2008, 05:01 AM
I am getting all angles everyone here on board, I am sure Pop is joking or disgusted about the Pau Gasol trade. However, it does reek of connections with Laker's former Gm Jerry West and his now current consultant job for the Grizzlies. Does this mean Presti can trade his best big man to the Spurs Team for peanuts? Is this what Pop meant by collusion? IF that happens, will the rest of the NBA league bemoan about it? :rolleyes