PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Phoenix, no matter...

lonestr
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Sorry Phoenix, no matter how hard you try; no matter how hard you work at it... you just can't polish a turd. D'Antoni's is forced to change his game by order of the front office. By bringing in the great mumbler, it's an admission that D'Antoni's run and gun style does not work. Having said that, trying to polish your team and regurgitate a new system at this stage of the system to fit Shaq is hopeless. However, time will tell.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
question is, will desert dwellers still watch the suns now that the suns are trying to become a legitimate half-court team.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't think the Suns will slow their tempo down as much as people think.

I think Shaq will do a lot more of the outlet pass.

He'll be probably be more effective late in games when things usually really slow down tempo wise for both teams.

debo
02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
i wouldnt mind shaq getting the ball late in games.
ever heard of "hack a shaq"?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Not according to Scoop Jackson. He now thinks they are a lock for the title:

"See, the Suns are outthinking all y'all. They know that one thing comes almost assured with this trade: They will win a title with Shaquille O'Neal in the lineup. It's just a matter of whether the one ring they get with him is worth the years they won't win while he's still there. The Suns have never won an NBA championship -- just like Miami before Shaq arrived. And if they're smart, they can take the one they'll win and milk it for 30 years -- just like Portland. The question is if $20 million per for the next two seasons is worth getting the one year of ring service they're going to get from Shaq."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/080207

:lmao that he is so sure! Scoop can be such a turd sandwich - he poses the question "is the ring worth $40mil?" Of course it is! That is not the question - the question is whether Shaq can still do enough to help the Suns get one.

I just wish people would stop talking about the Shaq trade. All this talk is just more motivation for Shaq to get in shape, toughen up and prove everyone wrong. A motivated Shaq might actually do the Suns some good...

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Scoop also predicted the Rockets take 1st place in the conference this year.

mojorizen7
02-10-2008, 12:00 AM
question is, will desert dwellers still watch the suns now that the suns are trying to become a legitimate half-court team.
Personally,i'm hoping that this will weed out the blue-hairs & the 60 somethings that sit on their hands & hog the lower bowl seats.

mavsfan1000
02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Scoop Jackson is an idiot.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Scoop Jackson is an idiot.

He should stick to being a racist. It seems to have worked for him. Leave any kind of real sports analysis to others.

SequSpur
02-10-2008, 01:43 AM
damn.. the suns just got shaq and you dumb asses are still talking shit.............

the spurs are fukin hosed.

BillsCarnage
02-10-2008, 02:42 AM
i wouldnt mind shaq getting the ball late in games.
ever heard of "hack a shaq"?

Dum dum, Hack-a-Shaq was made illegal by the NBA several years back. Basically it was fouling a player away from the ball with under 2min in the game. Teams did this to Shaq all the time.

If you do that now the team with the ball gets 2 FT's and the ball back.

Leetonidas
02-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Dum dum, Hack-a-Shaq was made illegal by the NBA several years back. Basically it was fouling a player away from the ball with under 2min in the game. Teams did this to Shaq all the time.

I'm pretty sure he knows that.

Shred
02-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I forwarded these posts to Coach D'Antoni. He read them and announced the Suns forfeit. :cry

lonestr
02-10-2008, 11:06 AM
damn.. the suns just got shaq and you dumb asses are still talking shit.............

the spurs are fukin hosed.

Well Yeah!! You're still here, so we'll never get the dogshit smell out from this forum huh!!!!

m33p0
02-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't think the Suns will slow their tempo down as much as people think.

I think Shaq will do a lot more of the outlet pass.

He'll be probably be more effective late in games when things usually really slow down tempo wise for both teams.
disagree. he has always had issues about finishing games strong.

lonestr
02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
disagree. he has always had issues about finishing games strong.

Exactly, first he has to be healthy enough to play an entire game much less the entire season. My question has always been why was Riley quick to get him moved? Forget the financial sense of all of this, you just don't get rid of someone like Shaq. You hope to get him retired in a Heats Jersey. Right? After all, isn't he the NBA'a premier center of all-time? This smacks of something seriously wrong. Once Tim is old and produces little, I really don't see the Spurs moving him. We'll be retiring him as the G.O.A.T. :worthy:

tp2021
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
He should stick to being a racist.

more specifically, an uncle tom.

tp2021
02-10-2008, 12:03 PM
new shaq is whack. old shaq is better. maybe the suns plan on getting rid of new shaq and bring back old shaq, except they call him shaq classic. its a ploy, they planned it all along. :smokin

SpurOutofTownFan
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
hey can anyone link the "owned" picture of last play offs against the suns? that one with the 2 guys with sorry faces.

thanks

SAGambler
02-11-2008, 03:00 PM

Only in the final 2 minutes.

nkdlunch
02-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Pat Riley >>>>>>>>> Mike Dientoni