PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace For Kirilenko?

JPB
02-10-2008, 09:51 AM
February 10, 2008 - 7:24 am
Chicago Tribune -
Ben Wallace appears to be on the block, being offered to the Lakers before Pau Gasol landed in L.A., and more recently being linked to the Knicks.

Another scenario, Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune is reporting, could be sending Wallace to the Utah Jazz for Andrei Kirilenko.

According to Smith, trading Kirilenko for Wallace would save the Jazz $21 million as Kirilenko is paid more annually than Wallace. With an extension, most likely for the max, coming up for Deron Williams it may make sense.

In the off season Kirilenko was upset at the Jazz and asked to be traded, and while his play and attitude do not appear to have been a distraction for Utah this season, he has never actually rescinded that trade request.

Asked by reporters about a trade, according to Smith, Kirilenko hardly said he would like to stay.

"It's not that I want to be traded, but I'm ready to be," he said. "Anybody in this league, they understand that position. Nobody wants to be traded. We're playing good. And I want to be part of it. But, again, it's a business—and it's not in my hands."

Wallace has told friends that he expects to be traded, and according to Smith the New York Knicks are high on his preference list.

"I just go out and do what I do," he said. "I'm fine with how it's going. Again, that's on management. There are a lot of teams out there making deals, trying to get better. Who knows? It don't worry me. It's a part of the business. If they're going to trade you, there's not much you can do. You have the best job in the world. It would just be in a different city. It don't bother me. The only time it starts bothering me is when nobody wants me."

Ghost Writer
02-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, but is Utah really ready for an African-American with (gulp)... an afro?!?

JPB
02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Duncan's gonna have busy playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Not if Ben Wallace continues to suck.

ducks
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
jazz do not need wallace
that trade would suck for jazz
kirilenko wants to be traded but they can do better then that
if you want wallace you wait one more year or you trade for him this offseason

backtothebeat001
02-10-2008, 10:25 AM
The Jazz already have enough above average big men. This trade would be great for the Bulls though.

ploto
02-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Here's more:

A big one for the Jazz is the length and amount of Kirilenko's contract, which goes one more season (three) than Wallace's and is at $17.8 million for that final year. Trading Kirilenko for Wallace would save the Jazz $21 million as Kirilenko is paid more annually than Wallace.

The small-market Jazz has to be a budget-conscious franchise, but it also has bigger issues on the horizon.

The Jazz has star point guard Deron Williams eligible for an extension this summer, and then Carlos Boozer before the end of Kirilenko's deal. It already has talked openly of paying Williams the maximum...

Kirilenko asked for a trade before the season, and though he hasn't been a problem, he hasn't rescinded his request.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-10-smith-bulls-ben-wallace-cfeb10,1,1193676.story

ducks
02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
wallace cost more

exstatic
02-10-2008, 10:46 AM
wallace cost more
No. His contract was front loaded. The REALLY expensive years are over.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 11:05 AM
It's Sam Smith...

Should I really take this to the bank?