PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say that Shaq is fat?

adidas11
02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
For all the negative buzz about Shaquille O'Neal's health, Suns team physician Thomas Carter almost was expecting to find a giant plagued by structural abnormalities and rampant tendinitis during the center's physical this week.

It was the opposite. He said 7-foot-1 O'Neal weighed 321 pounds, carried 11 percent body fat and showed minimal arthritis for a 35-year-old man of his size.
"There's no reason he can't get back to playing a high level from a structural standpoint," Carter said.

He said the hip injury that has sidelined O'Neal was as good as could be expected, because the tightness was in his soft tissue.

His surgery history consists of only one that removed spurs from his right toe and a left-knee arthroscopic procedure, which has led to only "slight arthritis."

"It's not as severe as many players of his age and stature would have," Carter said.

O'Neal will return to Phoenix on Sunday and have a workout. He will practice Monday and could play a game no earlier than Thursday's at home against Dallas, the final game before All-Star break.

lonestr
02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
For all the negative buzz about Shaquille O'Neal's health, Suns team physician Thomas Carter almost was expecting to find a giant plagued by structural abnormalities and rampant tendinitis during the center's physical this week.

It was the opposite. He said 7-foot-1 O'Neal weighed 321 pounds, carried 11 percent body fat and showed minimal arthritis for a 35-year-old man of his size.
"There's no reason he can't get back to playing a high level from a structural standpoint," Carter said.

He said the hip injury that has sidelined O'Neal was as good as could be expected, because the tightness was in his soft tissue.

His surgery history consists of only one that removed spurs from his right toe and a left-knee arthroscopic procedure, which has led to only "slight arthritis."

"It's not as severe as many players of his age and stature would have," Carter said.

O'Neal will return to Phoenix on Sunday and have a workout. He will practice Monday and could play a game no earlier than Thursday's at home against Dallas, the final game before All-Star break.

The spin doctors are at it again!!! They don't want to blurt out the fact that it was a "Spurs Dagger" removed from his heart!!!

tp2021
02-10-2008, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=adidas11]

7'1'' is really tall. tall people have back problems. He's 35. A career of bruising in the paint has taken its toll. combine that with 35 pounds of fat, and it doesn't look too good for shaq daddy and the one-and-done... i mean run-and-gun suns.

boutons_
02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
"Suns' team physician" is analogous to Gonzo as dubya's A-G. The in-house doc (or in-house lawyer) is gonna hype what his employers want to hear.

Shaq's 11% body fat, I doubt it's that low, is still way above a lot other players, esp for somebody with such a long history of leg/foot/ankle injuries. eg, what is % b/f of the Spurs' rotation? I think Michael has probably the highest b/f, judging from his undefined shoulders.

Shaq is not anywhere near his peak overweight of a couple years ago, but he's far from lean and mean, and committed. Rain or shine, win or lose, play or sit it out with a bad little toe, he's got $40M salary guaranteed. There's no way the Suns get $40M back in value. Shaq won't even produce Marion's stat line.

debo
02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=adidas11]

7'1'' is really tall. tall people have back problems. He's 35. A career of bruising in the paint has taken its toll. combine that with 35 pounds of fat, and it doesn't look too good for shaq daddy and the one-and-done... i mean run-and-gun suns.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

703 Spurz
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
As if the fucking trainer would come out and say he's fat.

Retard

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Shaq isn't fat..he's big.

exstatic
02-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Then he's just flat lazier than he used to be. He looks horrible.

spursfan09
02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Well it ain't like he's slim...

exstatic
02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
You can't tell me he's 12% BF, either. That would have made him -12% at Orlando when he was SO much slimmer. I might buy 20-22%.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Compared to my 5%, YES, he's fat. :lol

sribb43
02-10-2008, 01:43 PM
lets see they guy has played sparingly this season and has been sitting out bc of a bad hip limiting his workouts im sure and he comes in at 11% BF, thats BS. just bc he got traded to the suns all of a sudden he his relatively healthy and in shape, you have got to be kidding me

exstatic
02-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Consider the source, too. Someone from the Suns org is going to say negative things about Shaq?

T Park
02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Compared to my 5%, YES, he's fat. :lol

STFU YOU BRAGGING ASSHOLE

:lol

ClingingMars
02-10-2008, 03:45 PM
yeah, he's just as skinny as Big Baby :lol

-Mars

WalterBenitez
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Shaq isn't fat..he's big.

Shaq is big and fat!

Budkin
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Because he is.

ploto
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
yeah, he's just as skinny as Big Baby
Who did quite a job on Duncan today...

ploto
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
let me know when Rasho actually plays again? :toast
Tonight

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Shaq will be good on PHX, mark my words on that

is going to get ugly when Amare/Shaq play Duncan/_______

BillsCarnage
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
The spin doctors are at it again!!! They don't want to blurt out the fact that it was a "Spurs Dagger" removed from his heart!!!

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

The Suns' medical staff is considered one of the best in the league by the ppl who know, not your pea brain.

Do you really think than a team Dr would stake his reputation, the players or the franchises to sugar coat the subject?

Why is it that all the posters w/ less than 75 posts or so are always the idiots?? Oh yeah... duh.

Dumb ass

Shred
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Amare Stoudemire and Grant Hill prove the Suns' medical staff is a joke....

timmy21_4rings
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
He may not be fat but he is lazy and prone to injuries......

Pistons_In_7
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a feeling Shaq is gonna surprise a lot of people, when he wasnt in foul trouble he played pretty decent, but not being able to move his feet is what led to him getting into foul trouble, his fg percentage and #s while he actually plays are still very respectable.

MajicMan
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Shaq is done. It's like a used car. Miami bought Shaq when he still had some miles on him. You could still drive him for another few years. Now the transmission, gear box, axle, and engine all need to be replaced. Only thing is it's not worth it. Might as well buy a new car just like the Lakers did. They basically traded in Shaq for Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. Lakers have been on the receiving end of some great trades and once they traded away Shaq I knew he was going to win another ring. This time around Shaq is done.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Why is he not playing?

dbreiden83080
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Shaq is done because he spent so many years arrogantly coming into training camp, fat and out of shape. He even said once in an interview i saw that "He does not need to be in shape to play at a high level". He got away with this crap so much during his prime, he probably thought it would never catch up with him. That was one of the beefs with him and Kobe. Kobe would train hard all summer and Shaq would show up, fat, unmotivated, probably with a bag of donuts and then be told by Phil he is the centerpiece of the offense. Always having the mentality of "I will play myself into shape". He has been breaking down the last 2 years steadily, there is little reason to think that will change.

cherylsteele
02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
He's big-boned.

exstatic
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
He's big-boned.
He's lard-assed.

T Park
02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Hope all the negative things here said come true.

lrrr
02-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Shaq has lost most of his ATHLETICISM. When he was young and athletic, it didn't matter if he was fat or injury prone. He cold still dominate anyone who tried to guard him because of that combination of size and speed. now it's just size. Anyone who thinks he can turn back the clock is deluding themselves. What you see is what you get. no matter how well he "looks after himself". Age catches up with every human being. Look at Ben Wallace. He regularly player 80 games and has minimal body fat. Players retire for a reason, they can no longer do the things they used to be able to.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Why is he not playing?

They have a special on chili dogs at the concessions tonight. Might have had something to do with it.

boutons_
02-10-2008, 11:31 PM
At $245K salary per game, how many more games wasted with Shaq not suiting up?

timvp
02-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Laker Fan is the biggest Shaq hater in the world. It's hard to find a Laker Fan who can admit that Shaq was the team's biggest part to their three-peat.

That a Laker Fan would start this thread on a Spurs board is funny. Spurs fans love Shaq compared to the feelings of Laker Fan.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Laker Fan is the biggest Shaq hater in the world. It's hard to find a Laker Fan who can admit that Shaq was the team's biggest part to their three-peat.

That a Laker Fan would start this thread on a Spurs board is funny. Spurs fans love Shaq compared to the feelings of Laker Fan.
Wrong, I still love Shaq and all he's done in LA but we've also seen him waste away his talents by being fat, lazy, and having a huge ego. Why is it trouble follows him wherever he goes? You think it's coincidence? We've all seen the prime Shaq and the current Shaq is a shadow of himself. Just keeping it real man. Shaq can no longer function because of his footwork. He never really tried. He was on cruise control with all his god given talents. Now all that is fading he's still trying to hang on for those 20 mil a year paychecks. Robert Horry can do it because he's a role player and turn it on in the playoffs but Shaq is Shaq and the expectations will always be higher.

timvp
02-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Wrong, I still love Shaq and all he's done in LA but we've also seen him waste away his talents by being fat, lazy, and having a huge ego. Why is it trouble follows him wherever he goes? You think it's coincidence? We've all seen the prime Shaq and the current Shaq is a shadow of himself. Just keeping it real man.I rest my case.

T Park
02-11-2008, 01:05 AM
What trouble followed him to Phoenix?

duncan228
02-11-2008, 01:15 AM
...what is % b/f of the Spurs' rotation? I think Michael has probably the highest b/f, judging from his undefined shoulders.

The only Spur I've got is Duncan.
The most recent I've got is the '05-'06 season where he came in with 10% body fat.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042206.1S.BKNspurs.kings.main.21da7a26.html

In truth, Duncan's health held him back. He arrived at training camp well-rested and in his best shape ever, having dropped his body fat to 10 percent. But his right foot was sore.

hsxvvd
02-11-2008, 01:43 AM
I believe Shaq-Fu said it best!

"It's all in my wallet!"

SpurOutofTownFan
02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
hey can anyone link the "owned" picture of last play offs against the suns? that one with the 2 guys with sorry faces.

thanks

E20
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I can't wait until Phoenix crumbles with Shaqs extra shitty play at his old age. Dominiation? Dominiation of the Tri-State area's concession stands and pie eating contests is more likely.