PDA

View Full Version : That sucked

whottt
02-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I think we can shelve the talk that the Celts are just some puffed up EC team...

That defense is for real...and with Allen, Pierce and Garnett...their O is always going to be tough.

They're definitely a serious contender for the title this season.

J.T.
02-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Duncan 2 FTA. Game over right there.

ClingingMars
02-10-2008, 03:42 PM
we'll see what happens in SA. I mean, those guys looked like Cameron Indoor refs out there.

-Mars

Ghost Writer
02-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, most of us knew that the Celtics were legit.

We didn't have Parker, but they didn't have Garnett.

What concerns me is that the Celtics wanted it more today.

They played with more vigor.

Our PG situation is killing us still, because Vaughn sucks and Stoudamire is still adjusting.

Beno Udrih
02-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Whott stop sippin the koollaid brah!

J.T.
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Celtics shot 21 more FT than the Spurs. Anyone saying that the outcome of this game is not grounds for bitching at the officials is probably drunk or high.

J.T.
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry, Duncan with 4 FTA. My bad. Same fucking difference, though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Celtics shot 21 more FT than the Spurs. Anyone saying that the outcome of this game is not grounds for bitching at the officials is probably drunk or high.

Yes, and instead of taking the fight to the Celts, the Spurs looked to the refs to bail them out, which pretty much never works out.

Don't bitch about the officiating, Celts wanted it more. That combined with Pop's fetish for small ball did us in.

Herschel Walker
02-10-2008, 03:52 PM
This shows the importance of Tony Parker. The D is right there where it should be going into the break, but without Parker's ability to create points for himself and others the offense is horrible. A productive and healthy Parker added to this team makes them so much better.

The Celtics are indeed a legit team and it will be a fun battle to watch between them and the Pistons.

lonestr
02-10-2008, 03:56 PM

First, this game was more than the numbers really indecates. Second, it was a home game for the Celts. Come Playoff time, this game wont matter. We should be 100% healthwise, and Tony will tear the lane to score up the middle which was badly needed in this game. The Celts had their heads straight and we able to make the threes and the jumpers, but once we get our inside game going and score at will, they will die by the threes and long jumpers. Damon was not effective in the lane, this part of game play is very crucial because it used to be San antonio's bread and butter.

Fattmac78
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I dont give a dam what anyone says, We need help an we need it now! Ive been a do or die fan 4ever. Im watching us go down the drain, an I dont like it. Our front office to stupid to make a trade and Pop is down talking one of the coaches we can trade with! If we dont do something im just going to think we are happy with a ring every so often. Im glad we lost, maybe ole dumbass Pop will push for someone. I cant believe he cameout an down talked the Griz. for what their trying to do! If they want to start over thats what you should do if what your doing is not working, well thats what I thought. I pretty pissed knowing we are not going to trade for anyone, because we're to stuck on ourselves. Why in the hel do we have all those big bodies on our bench if we're going to try an play "small ball"! :fro

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I'll tell you this much...the person missing Tony Parker the most in Manu Ginobili. He's turning the ball over more, his shooting % has been down, and his energy definitely isn't at the same level. For all of Pop's insistence that they rest Parker to get him healthy...it's having the opposite affect on Ginobili. He's getting tired more with the defenses concentrating on him and the pressure to run the point and score and do the hussle plays is asking too much from him.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh and Vaughn SUCKS!!!!! He overdribbles the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME down the court. It is one of the most annoying things I have ever seen.

T Park
02-10-2008, 04:10 PM
aybe ole dumbass Pop will push for someone

Yeah if we got a real coach we might win a ring once in a while.

T Park
Oh and Vaughn SUCKS!!!!! He overdribbles the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME down the court. It is one of the most annoying things I have ever seen.

Oh give it a fuckin rest.

slayermin
With everything going against us today, including the bounces, if Finley's three goes down, we win.

ploto
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Celtics play the way the Spurs used to.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh give it a fuckin rest.

Wow, great response!

slayermin
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Celtics play the way the Spurs used to.

What game did you watch? The Spurs weren't allowed to play as physical as the Celtics.

ploto
This shows the importance of Tony Parker. The D is right there where it should be going into the break, but without Parker's ability to create points for himself and others the offense is horrible. A productive and healthy Parker added to this team makes them so much better.
Spurs offense was struggling even before Tony sat out.

daspurs1
We need someone who can freakin' rebound the damn ball!!!!1 :bang

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
With everything going against us today, including the bounces, if Finley's three goes down, we win.

Yea, I'm not too upset with the loss, Celtics were more aggressive from the start and the Spurs were still in the game at the end. Plus, we all know how Duncan and the SPurs hate these Sunday afternoon ABC games...I usually pencil those in as losses from the start. :lol

I am more upset with Pop's somewhat puzzling lineups.

Budkin
02-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Eh, the playoffs will be a different story.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 04:15 PM

Yea, but Parker running the offense takes a huge burden off Ginobili also gives opposing teams another player to concentrate on and Parker almost every game gives the Spurs at least 6-7 "easy" fast break points. With Parker out, the Spurs fastbreak looks almost nonexistent.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM

yup, Oberto will suddenly be good, Elson will magically not be shit, Horry will suddenly be good, Vaughn will miraculously not suck..........

Spurs are a 3 man team when healthy, and a now down to a 2 man game

polandprzem
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Yea, but Parker running the offense takes a huge burden off Ginobili also gives opposing teams another player to concentrate on and Parker almost every game gives the Spurs at least 6-7 "easy" fast break points. With Parker out, the Spurs fastbreak looks almost nonexistent.

Yea we need absolutely healthy parker to get those baskets. Celtics are great on permiter defense. How many were there open spot shots?
With the non-existance under the basket power spurs were lost from the get go.
Boston can play better.

As spurs can, but Celtics got more important adventages

Fattmac78
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Your so right ploto! Most teams dare TP to shoot the jumper to. if TP aint running in the open he aint that much different from Devin Harris. Why wouldnt we go after Jermaine Oneal? Trade bonner, elson, barry, an a draft pick!! Could that work? :fro

Bruno
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
What sucks is this board after every loss.
Between bandwagoners, doomsday people, Spurs trolls and other teams trolls, ST becomes almost unreadable for a couple of hours.

polandprzem
02-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Between bandwagoners, doomsday people, Spurs trolls and other teams trolls, ST becomes almost unreadable for a couple of hours.

It always was that way.

I once tried to persuade moderators to do something ... but I failed :rolleyes

Joe Schmoogins
02-10-2008, 04:29 PM
the game was lost by giving up a few huge offensive boards. props to the celtics. But they don't scare me.

whottt
02-10-2008, 04:38 PM
so true..can't wait to see another couple hundreds threads like this as the regular season comes to an end.

Hmmm...

My original post:

I think we can shelve the talk that the Celts are just some puffed up EC team...

That defense is for real...and with Allen, Pierce and Garnett...their O is always going to be tough.

I fail to see a single doom and gloom comment in it...only an assessment of this game and the Celtics.

TMTTRIO
02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I'll tell you this much...the person missing Tony Parker the most in Manu Ginobili. He's turning the ball over more, his shooting % has been down, and his energy definitely isn't at the same level. For all of Pop's insistence that they rest Parker to get him healthy...it's having the opposite affect on Ginobili. He's getting tired more with the defenses concentrating on him and the pressure to run the point and score and do the hussle plays is asking too much from him.
I agree that it affects Manu but I don't think it's as much as you're saying it is. His shooting was going down even with Tony in and Manu's in a huge funk like he usually does every year (I wish he could be more consistant). Ever since he took that splint off his hand it has really affected his shooting/ball handling even more then when he had it on. I do agree that he's having a harder time though of driving to the basket and having more turnovers.

lonestr
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Look, the Spurs were with them right to the end. We gave Doc Rivers the shakes most of the game. All this when we are short Parker and Bones. Feel good about that my friends, we are the Rocky Balboa of the NBA. We will be seeing Doc eat his heart out when we are 100% and tearing up the lane. We are the San Antonio Spurs, under the radar riders. Let them think we're old and washed up. Don't tell me we have reasons to panic. I've been a Spurs fan since 1973, I've seen heartbreaking seasons and trust me this isn' one of them.

backtothebeat001
02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
when were people calling a team that was 15-0 against the western conference, now 16-0, a "puffed up EC team"

whottt
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
It always was that way.

I once tried to persuade moderators to do something ... but I failed :rolleyes

What makes Spurs Talk Spurs Talk is that it isn't a homer site where people do nothing but go rah rah and make excuses...

You are both over-reacting...

Again, my initial post:

There was nothing excessively negative about that post...I suggest you two lighten up and try not to take this loss so hard that it forces you to take your frustrations out on other people.

ATXSPUR
02-10-2008, 04:44 PM
i think everyone just needs to take a deep breath. we will be fine come playoffs.

td4mvp21
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Parker was injured??!??? That's why he's fucking sitting out, no one seems to understand that. He sucked before he started sitting out becuase of his injury.

td4mvp21
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
i think everyone just needs to take a deep breath. we will be fine come playoffs.

And I'm so fucking sick of hearing this! Our frontcourt sans Duncan SUCKS! The Celtics bitchslapped us in the paint WITHOUT TWO OF THEIR STARTERS AND A ROOKIE LEADING THE WAY!! Every time down the floor they set a high screen to lure Duncan out and then threw it in the paint for a score. We need a big man that can block/change shots. Horry is the closest we have to that and apparently Pop does not trust him to be out there against the good teams.

ATXSPUR
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
And I'm so fucking sick of hearing this! Our frontcourt sans Duncan SUCKS! The Celtics bitchslapped us in the paint WITHOUT TWO OF THEIR STARTERS AND A ROOKIE LEADING THE WAY!! Every time down the floor they set a high screen to lure Duncan out and then threw it in the paint for a score. We need a big man that can block/change shots. Horry is the closest we have to that and apparently Pop does not trust him to be out there against the good teams.
what do you suggest we do?

Bruno
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
What makes Spurs Talk Spurs Talk is that it isn't a homer site where people do nothing but go rah rah and make excuses...

Again, my initial post:

There was nothing excessively negative about that post...I suggest you two lighten up and try not to take this loss so hard that it forces you to take your frustrations out on other people.

I'm not over-reacting.
I just say that after every loss , this board goes crazy for a couple of hours.
I don't blame it on the moderation, it's just the way it is and there are nothing you could do against that. I like the way ST is moderated. It's great to have all that freedom.

And my post wasn't directed against you. You doesn't fall in the category I've described. I shouldn't have posted that in this thread. It was a mistake, sorry.

polandprzem
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM

If I was over-reacting I would be posting on Spurs Report. They have clean forum out there.

I got used to ST. And most of all to people here (not vice versa :) )

And I'm not opening most of the threads. Plus I'm layzy to respond.

wildbill2u
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM

According to the TV commentators, the Celts are now 17-0 against the superiour Western Conference this year. I guess we can stop deluding ourselves that they are just a cheap-trick East team.

Herschel Walker
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
The offense looked great to ne when Parker was healthy in November. He re injured the ankle in early December and along with other injuries the offense and defense went south. Now the defense is getting back up but the offense is still lacking it's scoring PG. TP comes back healthy and the offense and big wins will be back. Maybe better with a more offensive minded backup point available. You're just a Spurs hater, give it a rest.

ducks
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah, most of us knew that the Celtics were legit.

We didn't have Parker, but they didn't have Garnett.

What concerns me is that the Celtics wanted it more today.

They played with more vigor.

Our PG situation is killing us still, because Vaughn sucks and Stoudamire is still adjusting.
spurs do not win early games normal

whottt
02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Poland, Bruno...I was just fucking with ya'll.

ShoogarBear
02-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Damn, whottt, chill out.

It's Just One Loss.©

whottt
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Damn, whottt, chill out.

It's Just One Loss.©

Some of us are taking it harder than others I imagine...

I imagine for some of us it's almost like the home team won :tu

ShoogarBear
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Uh, the home team did win.

Oh, and :flipoff

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
:lol

cheap shot WHottt

bostonguy
02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
According to the TV commentators, the Celts are now 17-0 against the superiour Western Conference this year. I guess we can stop deluding ourselves that they are just a cheap-trick East team.

Celts arent unbeatable but they are elite. Anyone who doesnt think so is lying to themselves. Nice to see some Spurs fans recognize the Celtics as legit now.

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
They are legit.

Beatable in a 7 game series.

Boston having the homecourt for the Finals though will make it a tougher road no question.

whottt
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, a big key for the Celts today was Big Baby's defense on Duncan...

Duncan'll get to work on that...on that you can rely.

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
No question.

Kendrick Perkins is worse on D IMO.

Garnett will be last last last ditch effort.

Their effort on the defensive end though is admirable.

I think Bowen had an off game defensively and not having him on Pierce to start the game was a mistake.

whottt
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Honestly...you can't do a much better job on Duncan than he did on him today.

T Park
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Very true.

Davis's defense today was Kurt Thomas esque honestly.

He reminds you of an older fat Kurt Thomas.

Shame, kid seems to have alot of talent.

Shame also the Spurs FO is scared of american big men and didn't draft this kid instead of the no talent primadonna Marcus Vinicerrr Williams.

adidas11
02-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Uh...yes, they are definitely a contender. We didn't need today's game to know that. So far this season, they are undefeated against the western conference.

boutons_
02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
How can a wily, proven HoF/vet like Tim get harased out by an excitable rookie fat-ass?

What was the fatass doing that Tim hasn't seen before dozens of times?

ArgSpursFan.
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
we could've won if Scola was in silver and Black this afternoon.
His midrange jumper, and BBIQ to find open spots while Duncan is getting all the attention in the paint would've been money for the Spurs.

nfg3
02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Tough loss but the Spurs were right there for the whole game. Damon and Mike's 3's went in and out and we were getting open looks all day. Udoka had a couple of wide open 3 attempts but missed. If the Spurs can create open looks and then miss the shots :bang I really can't complain too much.

Coupled with the rebounds that we failed to get - how about the rebound off the missed FT late in the 4th as a perfect example - hurt us, too.

Make our shots and take care of the boards and we bank the win. The victory was there for us to take. Today it just didn't work out for us.

The Spurs are a work in progress. Two more games to go to finish this RR trip so let's see if they can finish strong.

SpurYank
02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh Mercy! Woe is us! And what are we going to do to continue being champions? Woe is us! What will we do without another championship?

Fire Pop! Call in the cavalry! Circle the wagons.

Please, get yourselves a drink and relax. The game today was entertaining. And I could only hear it because the winds were so great up here on the east coast I never got a picture on my HD screen for more than 2 seconds in a row. Still, I thought our Spurs were on target. We won't be easy to eliminate in the playoffs.

Oh waiter, another round for everybody with tears. But only for them.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Uh...yes, they are definitely a contender. We didn't need today's game to know that. So far this season, they are undefeated against the western conference.

That's a stat!

bigfan
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, we just lost a game. A bigger than normal game but certainly not the end of the world. We get Parker back and our team will be functioning alot more smoothly but Im not going to panic on this one. If we can come out of the rodeo trip better than 500 on the road, Ill take it.

mando6599
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
The Celts played over-aggressive defense, IMO. It was good up to a point, then the refs just let them get away with too much, esp. down low.
Plus, the entry passes to Duncan were absolutely horrible today. Can't wait for Parker and Barry to come back. It's stressing Manu out too with all his barrage of 3 point attempts angling into the defenders body. (?) Those two plays were horrible for Manu. Horrible.

slayermin
02-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I knew we were in trouble when they flashed that Tim Duncan was 9-0 against Boston on the road in his career. :flipoff ABC

T Park
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Alot of the hacking woul've stopped had Duncan up faked an drove to the hole, dos manos on the ball and slammed it down ala on Ben Wallace.

TMTTRIO
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Those last two shots that Manu took were horrible and lately his ballhandling and shooting have been horrible. I really don't think he's 100% yet. Someone just asked about his hand and he said it's still not fully recovered. Still no excuse for the poor decision making and he should've drove it to the hole. Hopefully everyone will be 100% by playoff time.

How are you with the problem of your hand? Are you bothered?
Still not recovered full mobility and flexibility of joints, but the truth is that I am playing well and not bother me.

T Park
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah Manu's play today in the second half was just, bewildering.

Slinkyman
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
we needed the Giants defensive line today

slayermin
02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah Manu's play today in the second half was just, bewildering.

I just looked up Manu's gamelog the last few games and except for the blowout against Indy, he's logging some serious minutes. I also listed his turnovers.

Jan 29 @SEA 39:35min 1to
Jan 31 @PHO 41:29min 6to's
Feb 5 @IND 27:06min 1to
Feb 6 @WAS 34:22min 1to
Feb 8 @NY 41:59min 6to's
Feb 10 @BOS 38:03min 6to's

T Park
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Interesting in deed.

timvp
02-10-2008, 10:26 PM

They're definitely a serious contender for the title this season.True. With a healthy Garnett and a healthy Perkins, they are a great defensive team. Statistically, they currently rank as the best defensive team of all-time. I don't think they are the best defensive team ever but they are easily the best defensive team in the NBA right now.

However, I'll be interested to see if they can keep up their defensive intensity. Right now, the play every game like it's Game 7 of the Finals. They could flame out but their three stars seem desperate enough to fight through fatigue. And really, Garnett missing this playing time will be good for him to rev back up for the second half of the season. He had started to look a little tired before he got hurt.

But yeah, the Celtics are definitely for real.

Well, a big key for the Celts today was Big Baby's defense on Duncan...

Duncan'll get to work on that...on that you can rely.Yeah a chubby midget full of energy might work on Duncan for a game but I'd like to see the Celtics go with Davis against Duncan in a game that matters. Ironically enough, the only short player who I've ever seen defend Duncan halfway decently in Malik Rose . . .

Then again, with a healthy KG, the Celtics won't need to go with Davis on Duncan in future matchups.

T Park
02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
True.

I think though if the Celtics had stayed big the Spurs woul've won.

Pop wouldve had to play big as well, and the Spurs beat anyone who goes big.

Horry IMO still should've gotten minutes today. he was moving well, and would've rebounded better than Bowen.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Our ballhandling (turnovers) have been killing us.

I suspect this will change once TP is well.

I'm not too concerned about Boston.

I think Detriot will definitely give them a run for their money. Notice how they are staying under the radar (so far).

I think Boston is a great team, I just don't see Doc Rivers as the man to lead a team to glory. I see Boston being overwhelmed by the intensity of the Playoffs. They have a lot of youth (inexp.) on their team. Their Big 3 can't deliver themselves. Their role players are going to have to step up come playoff time. It's the same with ours. And personally, I like our role players are the most capable of delivering during playoff time.

duncan228
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Duncan'll get to work on that...on that you can rely.

Yes you can.

timvp
02-10-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd think the Pistons could beat the Celtics ..... if it weren't for Flip Saunders. If Cowens or Porter were coach, I'd say the Pistons would be the favorites in the East.

Right now, the team I think most capable of beat the Celtics is *drum roll* the Cavaliers. The Celtics are good defensively as a unit but they don't have a lockdown perimeter defender. Posey can be but I think LeBron is too quick for Posey.

LeBron would have to be healthy and playing well but I can see the Cavs pulling the stunner. Cleveland is as big and as strong as the Celtics, plus their star player is better than any of the three players on Boston. Also the experience from last year should help the Cavs.

T Park
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Right now, the team I think most capable of beat the Celtics is *drum roll* the Cavaliers

The only team to win two games against the celtics is?

*drumroll*

Cavaliers.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
:depressed

I miss Larry and the craziness that surrounded him. I wish he was still coaching the Pistons.

wildchild
02-10-2008, 11:32 PM

yup, Oberto will suddenly be good, Elson will magically not be shit, Horry will suddenly be good, Vaughn will miraculously not suck..........

Spurs are a 3 man team when healthy, and a now down to a 2 man game

Well Oberto is great in the playoffs and Rob is amazing in playoffs with his 3's.

you miss Rob in 2005 or last Oberto's playoffs?.

you a really Spurs fan or only Scola fan? :lol

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-11-2008, 12:11 AM
The only team to win two games against the celtics is?

*drumroll*

Cavaliers.

didnt the wiz beat them twice too? like in the span of a week i think