PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs need more size quick

carib
02-10-2008, 03:51 PM
The West is getting bigger and quicker, so Tim will need the extra, big man help, it was clear that he needed that help against Boston and they are the team to beat in the East.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-10-2008, 03:54 PM
If Elson didn't have the attention span of a stop sign, he could've been that guy.

tp2021
02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
trade oberto, elson, and bonner for a competent big man. forget how expensive he is.

it's me
02-10-2008, 04:00 PM
The West is getting bigger and quicker, so Tim will need the extra, big man help, it was clear that he needed that help against Boston and they are the team to beat in the East.

It hurts me even to think about it ... but... Scola :cry

carib
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
We don't need the big guys to come in and score, but to come in and get come rebounds. Please just 5 to 6 from you guys.

Matchman
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey we got all kinds of big men on my roster.
Deke, Yao, Scola, Landry, Tmac, Bonzi, Chuck Hayes, Snyder and Battier are all 6'6" or above who can get rebounds and play defense.
We need shooters? any trade suggestions?

backtothebeat001
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
at this point ill even take zach randolph or eddy curry off the knicks hands.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey we got all kinds of big men on my roster.
Deke, Yao, Scola, Landry, Tmac, Bonzi, Chuck Hayes, Snyder and Battier are all 6'6" or above who can get rebounds and play defense.
We need shooters? any trade suggestions?

Barry for Scola

scott.s
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
jeff foster....he's the guy, how not? if you've seen him play, you know what i'm talking about. he can rebound like a fiend

temujin
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes Scola.

They blew it.

Someone wrote it here.

m33p0
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
we would not be whimpering about this if only elson plays like he's been with the team for more than a year.

jay014
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Barry for Scola
Fuck Scola! Barry for Bonzi or Battier.

Big P
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I say..lets help Memphis blow it all up & give them a player they were interested in before & another expiring contract..

Oberto & Elson & picks for Darko...it works in the trade checker

after seeing what I saw today, I have to think that the FO is going to be looking at making a move...Bonner, Elson & Oberto are all very tradeable & there's always Barry..teams will always have a need for bigs, especially ones that are cheap or expiring...I would hate to include Mahinmi or Splitter in ANY deal, but if we did I would hope that we would be bringing back someone like Nocioni or Tyrus Thomas...
I have a feeling the Spurs will make a move by the deadline in a 2 for 1 deal, us getting back one player & shedding just enough cash to get back under the tax threshold...

ChumpDumper
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Was it Jerry West who wanted Oberto?

If it was, I think we might have to get rid of him.

Big P
02-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Not sure who it was, but Memphis almost signed Oberto before we did.

T Park
02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I would've been for that if it got Pow Gassohl.

Rummpd
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Spurs get through this year they add Tiago Splitter and Shaq another year older and Spurs have 14 million in expiring contracts.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 10:42 PM
You know what we need. For our players to start playing BASKETBALL.

We can win with the players we have.

If we're going to make a trade, make it. If not, let's get everyone on the same page.

Man of Steel
02-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Francisco straight up for Jermaine O'Neal.

Okay--toss in Bonner

raspsa
02-11-2008, 03:26 AM
jeff foster....he's the guy, how not? if you've seen him play, you know what i'm talking about. he can rebound like a fiend
He'd be the perfect acquisition and provide instant rebounding impact.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-11-2008, 04:06 AM
has everyone given up on Mike Miller. i might be in the dark here, but i thought it was a possibility

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-11-2008, 04:11 AM
has everyone given up on Mike Miller. i might be in the dark here, but i thought it was a possibility
They gave up when Pop uncharacteristically opened his big fat mouth.

genomefreak13
02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
trade oberto, elson, and bonner for a competent big man. forget how expensive he is.

Forget about winning again.

rascal
02-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Not after what Pop said.

samikeyp
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Francisco straight up for Jermaine O'Neal.

Okay--toss in Bonner

Let's be fair now...

Throw in a pick. :)

Bruno
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Pop comment on the Gasol trade could also be a CIA move to get Miller.

Grizzlies aren't even sure if they want to trade Miller. Pop has maybe done this comment to put some pressure on them. If they are truly committed to rebuild (the reason behind the Gasol trade), they had to trade Miller for a rebuilding package (expirings + draft picks and/or prospects).

It is highly unlikely and a very risky move but we never know...

ata
02-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Barry and Elson for Rasho :smokin

scott.s
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
the problem is, the spurs have a guy in mahinmi that they hope can rebound for them at some point, but he's just not ready yet. in the d-league he fouls like a son of a bitch. athletically and such he might be there but he doesn't know the game well enough yet, so pop and management co. might not want to make a move for a big contract big guy because they might be holding out for him, or don't want to waste him....

just a thought

saspurscast.com

SAGambler
02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
at this point ill even take zach randolph or eddy curry off the knicks hands.

I've said before that Curry would work here. He's big enough to handle the Shaqs and Yaos of this world. And would help on rebounds.

rascal
02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I've said before that Curry would work here. He's big enough to handle the Shaqs and Yaos of this world. And would help on rebounds.

I like Curry. His game has regressed this year but could be the system and team he is on.

nuclearfm
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
4 very good options.

Eddie Curry
Bonzi Wells
Zach Randolph
Stephen Jackson - mad defense (he knows the system already!)

Perhaps Ron Artest?

I bet we can get any if we offer elson, oberto, barry and/or bonner.

Ocotillo
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Pop comment on the Gasol trade could also be a CIA move to get Miller.

Grizzlies aren't even sure if they want to trade Miller. Pop has maybe done this comment to put some pressure on them. If they are truly committed to rebuild (the reason behind the Gasol trade), they had to trade Miller for a rebuilding package (expirings + draft picks and/or prospects).

It is highly unlikely and a very risky move but we never know...

My read is if the Spurs FO was making a run at getting Miller, Pop wouldn't have said a peep. So maybe they tried and there was no deal to be made or maybe they (the Spurs) don't have an interest in Miller. Pop is a lot of things but he's not stupid so if he thought we had a shot at Miller by the trade deadline, I don't think he would say anything when asked by a reporter. They are always very CIA in that we never hear of these things until they happen.

JamStone
02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Eddy Curry would actually make your rebounding worse.

LazinessThievery
02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
"The Spurs need more size quick"

Get Eva to strip, pronto...

carib
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Can someone help tim on the boards