PDA

View Full Version : Stop Playing Small Ball!!! Stop!!!

Manu_Ginobili
02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Channel 5 ABC just showed "The SMALL BALL in action" - WHAT MORE CAN YOU SAY???

Popovich keeps playing "SMALL Ball" and keeps LOSING the games - 3/4 of the Spurs loses came from this - almost the same happened vs. New York 2 days ago - in the last 3 min. the Spurs gave up so many rbs, but NY failed to capitalize...Today, we did the same thing, and BOS beat us, of course...When KG comes back to play, I don't know what the Spurs could do if they continue to play "small ball"???

Pop has NO chance to win the title by going "small", and keeping Elson and Bonner on the bench...IF YOU DON'T PLAY THEM, TRADE THEM!!!

Popovich either gets things right or leave...today's game on the boards was a Joke!!! So did the game before...GET THINGS RIGHT POPOVICH!!! GET THINGS RIGHT!!!
GO SPURS!!!

Joe Schmoogins
02-10-2008, 04:31 PM
calm down

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
you want the garbage duo of Elson and Oberto in there instead? Bonner is done and Scola for some reason was a DNP

mikeanthony21
02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Channel 5 ABC just showed "The SMALL BALL in action" - WHAT MORE CAN YOU SAY???

Popovich keeps playing "SMALL Ball" and keeps LOSING the games - 3/4 of the Spurs loses came from this - almost the same happened vs. New York 2 days ago - in the last 3 min. the Spurs gave up so many rbs, but NY failed to capitalize...Today, we did the same thing, and BOS beat us, of course...When KG comes back to play, I don't know what the Spurs could do if they continue to play "small ball"???

Pop has NO chance to win the title by going "small", and keeping Elson and Bonner on the bench...IF YOU DON'T PLAY THEM, TRADE THEM!!!

Popovich either gets things right or leave...today's game on the boards was a Joke!!! So did the game before...GET THINGS RIGHT POPOVICH!!! GET THINGS RIGHT!!!
GO SPURS!!!

If not small ball, then what do you suggest the Spurs play? Medium-sized ball? Elson has been rendered useless, Bonner isn't much better, and the two of them combined couldn't guard a glacier.

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I would've preffered Horry out there.

He looked good in his small amount of time out there.

polandprzem
02-10-2008, 05:20 PM

:lmao

Yea - maybe in that beard he looked handsome to you

mikeanthony21
02-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Damn, the LPGA is looking better and better every day!

ducks
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
boston is another team with kg in there

E20
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Trade for Nazr and Rasho.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Pop understands that Elson brings nothing, Bonner is a joke compared to Scola, and Oberto is not effective against good teams

Unless the Spurs pull the trigger on a big man, we have no choice but to play this way and see if we can a title

now there is no need to pull a T Park(bails on Spurs after GM4 of 05 finals), and give up on the Spurs when the going gets rough, because I have faith something good will happen with TD as our anchor

BELIEVE IN 5

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Damn, the LPGA is looking better and better every day!

Yes it is my friend, yes it is :smokin

E20
The only team to play small ball now besides the Spurs is Dallas. Count GS, but I doubt we see them in the PO's.

Spurs Dynasty 21
The only team to play small ball now besides the Spurs is Dallas.

which is why I believe Pop will make a move

spursfan09
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Robert Horry would of been good for the rebounds, and for a big shot at end.

E20
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
LMAO @ Slomo merging the threads

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Robert Horry would of been good for the rebounds, and for a big shot at end.

I trust Finely or Manu more for a big shot now, Horry is just out of it

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Horry is out of it?

WTF!??!

Have you been paying attention lately!??!

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Horry is out of it?

WTF!??!

Have you been paying attention lately!??!

so you're going to just ignore the entire season except the last couple games and say he's not out of it?

congrats, you continue to be the dumbest poster, keep it up son

spursfan09
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I trust Finely or Manu more for a big shot now, Horry is just out of it

Finley and Manu could of stayed in the game along with Horry. He would of been good for a rebound.

T Park
02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
so you're going to just ignore the entire season except the last couple games and say he's not out of it?

congrats, you continue to be the dumbest poster, keep it up son

You choose to ignore Horry's past and ignore the fact that he is back in it?

You are the dumbest poster.

Goodbye.

T Park
02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Finley and Manu could of stayed in the game along with Horry. He would of been good for a rebound.

I honestly would've taken Finley out.

His shot was good today but his defense was back to being Michael Finley esque again.

Shame, some games he gives great effort, other days he falls into Suns territory.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
You choose to ignore Horry's past and ignore the fact that he is back in it?

You are the dumbest poster.

Goodbye.

LMAO @ this idiot, it's not playoff time, so Horry is worthless until then, when playoff time comes I want to seem him on the court in the 4th

remember it was Horry that made you jump back on the Spurs bandwagon after you jumped off in Gm4 in the 05 finals

or did you forget?

Kori Ellis
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Stop Playing Small Ball!!! Stop!!!

Need Decent Big Men!! Need Bigs!!!

ehz33satx
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I have been saying for awhile to stop playing small ball so dang much. I don't think Bonner sucks so much, its that if he sits for dozens of games in a row, how do you expect him to be ready to perform great now? Play him more so he can get back in a rhythm. Pop sucks sometimes.

barbacoataco
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
How can the Spurs be giving up on Bonner? Didn't they just sign him to a mult-year deal? Elson I understand because he will be a FA, and likely gone.

Ghost Writer
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
What other choice do we have other than some form of "small ball" right now?

Pound it inside to Oberto and Elson?

C'mon.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
How can the Spurs be giving up on Bonner? Didn't they just sign him to a mult-year deal? Elson I understand because he will be a FA, and likely gone.

Well, I completely disagreed with the Bonner signing over the last summer.

Ghost Writer
02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, I completely disagreed with the Bonner signing over the last summer.
Bonner is the new Ferry.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Bonner is the new Ferry.

:lol Sadly, I believed the Spurs thought he'd be their new Horry.

Phenomanul
02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I believe Pop chose not to play Horry in the 2nd half (other than to inbound the ball) because he rarely shows all of his cards at this point in the season. If this were the playoffs, not only would Horry have been on the court, that series of back-to-back-to-back offensive rebounds would probably not have transpired.

Calm down people. Parker and Barry are a huge part of the Spurs puzzle, of how they play. Parker's skillset is more important to the Spurs than what Garnett offers to the Boston Three Party - so even if Garnett is the better all-around player, Parker's skillset is less replaceable than Garnett's... It's a wonder that the Spurs were even in this game on Boston's home court no less.

Hopefully the squads are at full health when they meet again.

daslicer
02-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Regardless of whether the spurs win or lose the championship this year they will have to make some changes concerning the bigs. I really don't think they can go through another full season after this year playing small ball and expect to end up with a top 3 record in the west and even right now that seems in doubt. Duncan is basically being forced to play center a lot these days which leads to a bunch of guys playing out of position and that is why they get killed on the boards along with the defense being terrible.

I hope Ian and Tiago can be solid next year and if not they are going to be in some trouble.

jag
02-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Where's Rasho?!?!?!

Omg!!!!

wildchild
02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Pop understands that Elson brings nothing, Bonner is a joke compared to Scola, and Oberto is not effective against good teams

Unless the Spurs pull the trigger on a big man, we have no choice but to play this way and see if we can a title

now there is no need to pull a T Park(bails on Spurs after GM4 of 05 finals), and give up on the Spurs when the going gets rough, because I have faith something good will happen with TD as our anchor

BELIEVE IN 5

What's your problem with Scola? There is a before and after of living without Scola for you? :lol
I've told you time and time again. Scola wasn't a Spur.

check the Oberto's games against Utah, NO, Dallas, Denver,Lakers, Houston in Nov/Dec yeah he isn't effective against good teams :rolleyes

wildchild
02-11-2008, 12:03 AM
What other choice do we have other than some form of "small ball" right now?

Pound it inside to Oberto and Elson?

C'mon.

Do you worry for bigs?

well I worry about pg when a center with limited minutes as Oberto finish with more asist than JV or Damon.

and when nobody stoped Pierce. nobody.Bruce, Fin nor Manu I worry about it, too.