greyforest
02-10-2008, 04:01 PM
damn those were some lopsided-ass refs :pctoss

i like our chances vs. boston with impartial refs

TampaDude
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Yeah, the refs kinda sucked, but the Spurs lost because they went 0 for 8 at the end of the first half.

mikeanthony21
02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, the refs kinda sucked, but the Spurs lost because they went 0 for 8 at the end of the first half.

It was their inability to grab a defensive rebound in the last minute.

T Park
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Not the reason.

Small part.

But didn't help.

Spurs lost cause the defense was mediocre, and the rebounding was bad.

Horry would've fixed both.

J.T.
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
C's shot 21 more FT than us, I'd say the refs fucking us in the ass was a big part of this loss. The Spurs sucking when it counted was a big part too.

spursfan09
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
The game wasn't the refs fault. It was the spurs. They were outplayed and outhustled.

MajicMan
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
http://3030uploads.com/nba/23/Video0210-1532(TV3).wmv.GIF

Def the refs..That was for sho a foul on Tony Allen :lol

picnroll
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Dayam, Manu learned to do the Kobe flop.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 07:05 PM

They way they were calling the fouls on the other end (Udoka specifically), Manu should've gotten a pair of freethrows. However, it isnt a protypical foul. Manu flopped. The officiating was just terrible. It happens some nights. Lets hope they field better officials during the playoffs.

picnroll
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Maybe Majicman meant the foul where Allen grabbed Manu's shoulder to hold him up as he was going around Duncan's pick.

nfg3
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I didn't like the refs either but that wasn't the reason we lost. Missed open shots and poor rebounding - both O and D - were the culprits. Anyway Pop has a mentality that you are in control of your destiny so make it happen rather than complain how you got screwed.

We needed to be more agressive by going to the hole rather than settling too quickly for the J's.

lefty
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Don't blame the refs.

Celtics wanted it more : rebounds, hustle plays, defense; they killed us in these areas

Shank
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Cute move, Manu. That really looked like a viable shot attempt. No wonder nothing was called.

lefty
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Cute move, Manu. That really looked like a viable shot attempt. No wonder nothing was called.

+1

I like it when Manu is trying to get the calls, but that sucked big time

rascal
02-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I didn't like the refs either but that wasn't the reason we lost. Missed open shots and poor rebounding - both O and D - were the culprits. Anyway Pop has a mentality that you are in control of your destiny so make it happen rather than complain how you got screwed.

We needed to be more agressive by going to the hole rather than settling too quickly for the J's.

Exactly. The Celtics had no defensive interior player yet the spurs did not take it to the basket.

This game is a good example of not having any bench players who can come in to jump start the offense with athleticism and creating their own shots by taking it to the basket. The celtics were weak defensively on the interior today yet the spurs didn't have the players to take advantage of it.

Louie Vega
02-10-2008, 07:42 PM

Let's see how you would finish off a game if you knew the refs were against you!
:devil

Louie Vega
02-10-2008, 07:44 PM

Looks like Joey Crawford sent out the hit squad today!

sa_kid20
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
It was their inability to grab a defensive rebound in the last minute.
That's exactly right. The Celtic's just wanted it more and you have to give them credit. I'really looking forward to playing the C's when both teams are 100%.

Medvedenko
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, Manu tried to draw fouls on 2 late game possesions.....he should just tried to shoot the ball rather than look for fouls, especially lunging....he could have been called for an offensive foul as well.

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
A pretty bad charge call against Duncan in the first half cost him a basket (and probably an and-1) and that basket could have changed the end game to some extent.

With that said, the Spurs lost today because they did a terrible job of defending in stretches, did a terrible job of rebounding at the end, and because they had too many offensive droughts against an elite team to expect to win on the road. It seemed like the Celtics finished just about every quarter on a run and none of that had anything to do with officiating.

Rummpd
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Tonight was a night when a Malik Rose would have come in a got some friggin rebounds, we need another tough veteran, not saying him but someone.

BonnerDynasty
02-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes, Manu tried to draw fouls on 2 late game possesions.....he should just tried to shoot the ball rather than look for fouls, especially lunging....he could have been called for an offensive foul as well.

I hate that shit. Tim Duncan is bad at it. Just looking for the foul and not even trying to make the shot.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
yeah, not the best moments for Manu...

especially since the homecooking wasn't going to give anything. I saw an Udoka phantom foul on Pierce, and that was utter bullshit...

Manu had a better chance of hitting a contested three than looking for the bail out.