PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Grab A Fukn Rebound!!!!

stxspurs
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
i was out of town this afternoon and i just finished watching the game...good ol dvr!!!...i wish i didnt...i have never been so pissed....i keep sticking up for the spurs but today was the last time.....we cant rebound, there is no inside presence, we are too slow and old, my blood pressure is up!!!!
we need to add someone NOW, elson,bonner,oberto suck big :donkey balls.
we need some youth, speed, and stickem for the spurs hands :pctoss

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 06:43 PM
those rebounds just killed us, with only Duncan able to grab an rb we will keep having these problems

Amarelooms
02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Mavs can't wait to play ya'll...lets hope for a first round matchup my friends....

stxspurs
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
:lol im still not scared of the mavs.....once we get tony back i think the offense will be much smoother....but if we want to contend this year we need to go after the rebounds....it kills me to see a jumpshot and then everyone just run to the other side of the court...no effort to get the ball

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
:lol im still not scared of the mavs.....once we get tony back i think the offense will be much smoother....but if we want to contend this year we need to go after the rebounds....it kills me to see a jumpshot and then everyone just run to the other side of the court...no effort to get the ball

if Parker isn't 100% it doesn't matter

stxspurs
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
true.....man i dont feel good about this :bang

BonnerDynasty
02-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Yep. We've been getting raped by rebounding in the final crucial minutes all year.

stxspurs
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
i dont see any heart.....is it just me....dont get me wrong...fin, damon, even jv are trying their best....the old age is setting in :sleep

Phenomanul
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I put this in the other thread but meant to put it here:

I believe Pop chose not to play Horry in the 2nd half (other than to inbound the ball) because he rarely shows all of his cards at this point in the season. If this were the playoffs, not only would Horry have been on the court, that series of back-to-back-to-back offensive rebounds would probably not have transpired (and this thread would be nullified)...

Calm down people. Parker and Barry are a huge part of the Spurs puzzle, of how they play. Parker's skillset is more important to the Spurs than what Garnett offers to the Boston Three Party - so even if Garnett is the better all-around player, Parker's skillset is less replaceable than Garnett's... It's a wonder that the Spurs were even in this game on Boston's home court no less.

Hopefully the squads are at full health when they meet again.

m33p0
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
didn't we beat the Mavs without Tim? Yeah..not really worried about the Mavs, sorry!
i vaguely remember a certain argentianian dropping 37 pts on their asses.

stxspurs
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
:clap

crc21209
02-11-2008, 12:34 AM
I believe Pop chose not to play Horry in the 2nd half (other than to inbound the ball) because he rarely shows all of his cards at this point in the season. If this were the playoffs, not only would Horry have been on the court, that series of back-to-back-to-back offensive rebounds would probably not have transpired (and this thread would be nullified)...[QUOTE]

You know, I was thinking the same damn thing during the entire game, why no Rob, more Oberto, even though he did suck, and i truly believe now that he does hide some cards. CIA Pop. :smokin

Streakyshooter08
02-11-2008, 06:46 AM
The thing that really bothered me that Boston was without their COMPLETE frontline. They were missing their 2 starting bigs and still manage to out-rebound us. That is a concern imo. That said, rebounding has a lot to do with attitude and aggresivness which the Spurs lacked today. I hope they can fix it come playoff time.

SenorSpur
02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
This is a very poor rebounding team - and not just this year - over the past several seasons. Obviously, it hasn't cost the Spurs from winning champioinships. However the fact remains that Tim is still the only "glass cleaner" on the roster. Ususally if he's not doing the job on the boards, no one does.

timvp
02-11-2008, 08:15 AM
This is a very poor rebounding team - and not just this year - over the past several seasons. Obviously, it hasn't cost the Spurs from winning champioinships. However the fact remains that Tim is still the only "glass cleaner" on the roster. Ususally if he's not doing the job on the boards, no one does.Rebounding was a major problem last season. This season, the Spurs are greatly improved. They are the best defensive rebounding team in the NBA ... by far. In fact, they are the best defensive rebounding team in recent NBA history.

The Spurs aren't a very good offensive rebounding team but that's 100% by design. Pop wants the players to concede potential offensive rebounds to strengthen the transition defense. He's used that strategy since becoming head coach and it has proven to be a good trade off.

stxspurs
02-11-2008, 09:36 AM
man i cant wait for splitter to get that twin towers sense. im sure he would be a glass cleaner