PDA

View Full Version : Pop not happy with Spurs execution

Spurs Brazil
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Popovich lambasted his team, calling its offensive execution “the worst I’ve ever seen in my life” and threatening to begin calling plays on every possession, according to the ABC telecast.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA021008.EN.BKNspurs.early.gamer.ac09318f.html

rascal
02-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I know Manu heaved a couple of low % terrible shots still with enough time on the shot clock. He shot one about 10 ft outside of the 3 pt. line near center court. He plays out of control at times.

The spurs ball movement looked good but the shot selection was not good.

remingtonbo2001
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Good. I hope he does. I don't know what else we'd be paying him to do.

1Parker1
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Another more telling moment: Ginobili slipping on a drive in the fourth quarter and dishing a pass off Duncan’s forehead for a turnover.

:lmao I remember that play...Duncan looked dazed and slightly ready to pound Ginobili. It was actually a little comical.

Pistons < Spurs
02-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Popovich lambasted his team, calling its offensive execution “the worst I’ve ever seen in my life” and threatening to begin calling plays on every possession, according to the ABC telecast.

:clap :clap :clap

Get their asses in gear Pop!!!

debo
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
no fucking duh

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Tell Pop his insistence on small ball, especially when we had multiple stoppages in play to go offense for defense at the end, was the worst coaching decision I've ever seen.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Tell Pop his insistence on small ball, especially when we had multiple stoppages in play to go offense for defense at the end, was the worst coaching decision I've ever seen.

I facebooked him for you

Russ
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Re: Pop not happy with Spurs execution

Reminds me of when John McKay was coach of the woeful expansion Tampa Bay Bucs.

"What do you think of your team's execution?" McKay was asked after another loss.

"I'm in favor of it," replied the stone-faced McKay. :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
" That left the Spurs waiting on a miracle that Boston made sure would not come.

Garnett had to be proud, where ever he was. " :wtf

What kind of ending to the article is that??

T Park
02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Good question.

KG was there I think.

Well he was there in the morning working out. Although I think when they showed the bench, he wasn't. AT LEAST I DON'T THINK he was.

I could be, and most likely am wrong.

anjlbitz
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
He watched the game from the locker room.

Rummpd
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
When you don't play your strengths, size and experience, i.e., Horry and Oberto at least more Pop deserves to look into mirror.

ducks
02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
spurs miss their point guard
now maybe people will appreciate tp
also starting a backup point guard will cause your o to not do so good
go with mighty mouse and let him learn the playbook

td4mvp21
02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
spurs miss their point guard
now maybe people will appreciate tp
also starting a backup point guard will cause your o to not do so good
go with mighty mouse and let him learn the playbook

tp sucks manu should be uor starting point guard not tp pop need ot tell tp not ot shoot so much he sucks

BonnerDynasty
02-10-2008, 11:26 PM

"What do you think of your team's execution?" McKay was asked after another loss.

:lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Meanwhile, look at the title for MSNBC headlines

Shorthanded Celtics stun Spurs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008021002&MSNHPHMA)

For the Lay People the media is so misleading; I hate them. :lol :ihit

Dingle Barry
02-11-2008, 01:15 AM
tp sucks manu should be uor starting point guard not tp pop need ot tell tp not ot shoot so much he sucks

Kill yourself.

T Park
02-11-2008, 01:25 AM
When you don't play your strengths, size and experience, i.e., Horry and Oberto at least more Pop deserves to look into mirror.

Agreed :tu

For some reason Horry got no run in the second half.

If Horry plays the 4th quarter, the Spurs win.

Gauranteed.

rascal
02-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Meanwhile, look at the title for MSNBC headlines

Shorthanded Celtics stun Spurs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008021002&MSNHPHMA)

For the Lay People the media is so misleading; I hate them. :lol :ihit

They need an attention grabbing headline. Garnett was the best player that was out of the game although Parker is key to the spurs success.

ancestron
02-11-2008, 09:42 AM

"Well we can't stop the run. We can't stop the run, and we can't stop the pass. Other than that we're in great shape."