PDA

View Full Version : New San Antonio sports show to debut today featuring Kori!

Tenacious D
02-11-2008, 09:25 AM
The new ESPN Radio 1250 afternoon show...today February 11th from 5-7pm.

Chris Duel,TPark,mouse,Kori,and the rest of "YOU" SpursTalk when you call in!

You all claim to be Sports fans nows your chance to prove it!
:toast

Cry Havoc
02-11-2008, 10:55 AM
If only I lived in SA. :(

samikeyp
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Set up the toll free number and the streaming audio and I am there. :)

Gov. Perry
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah post the troll free number so we can call and if they have a stream post the link....

m33p0
02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
:lol at troll free number

probably need to filter out 'em trolls.

Chris Duel
02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
656-ESPN

Put it in your speed dial.

That's 656-3776 for the alphabetically impaired.

Call us!

Dre_7
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Does this station stream there programing online?

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Does this station stream there programing online?

Not yet, but they will.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately the show is on today during the Spurs game.

But, I will probably be on around 6:30pm, so tune in if you can.

Tenacious D
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I have to apologize for no toll free numbers and I had no idea the producer (Dawn Murphy) would not help out in this matter I will try and get the number for you.

mouse
02-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I will record what I can and host it on the web so you out of towner's call in and you will be able to hear yourselves later!

I was really hoping they would have the web shit hooked up first since we are the larger audience and we will become the large part of the show.

The bottom-line Dawn dropped the ball.

maxpower
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately the show is on today during the Spurs game.

But, I will probably be on around 6:30pm, so tune in if you can.

Yet another reason why the show should begin at 3pm and run through 6pm.

pooh
02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
that's a lot of people sharing one mic, I'll stick to "second life" more fun

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
that's a lot of people sharing one mic, I'll stick to "second life" more fun

:lol

It's two co-hosts, Chris and Jason. Pretty standard.

PeterBurns
02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Nice Spurstalk.com plug in the opening segment......

And Johnny Compian running the boards. Johnny is the freaking man. He's awesome.

Behrooz24
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Fell asleep when Chuck Miketinac was talking, did I miss much after that? :sleep

SpurHonkey
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I listened to the show...found myself switching back to STSA because they were actually talking about the Spurs and breaking down the game yesterday/trade possibilities... I like the fact that Duel is very local. And I like the fact that he has access to all the local guys...but honestly, today's show was not entertaining. I want to hear sports talk, not a bunch of people telling me over and over how great Duel is. Taylor glorifies himself more than enough for everyone in this town.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I listened to the show...found myself switching back to STSA because they were actually talking about the Spurs and breaking down the game yesterday/trade possibilities... I like the fact that Duel is very local. And I like the fact that he has access to all the local guys...but honestly, today's show was not entertaining. I want to hear sports talk, not a bunch of people telling me over and over how great Duel is. Taylor glorifies himself more than enough for everyone in this town.

Don't you work for WOAI/Ticket 760 radio?

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-11-2008, 07:48 PM
that was cool , kori. had to miss the 1st Q of the game to listen to you.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
that was cool , kori. had to miss the 1st Q of the game to listen to you.
:)

SpurHonkey
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I work in their building, but not for the am stations. It seems most of the people posting on these topics work in the media in some capcity anyway. Figured I would join in since it seems like everyone else in my building is on here. (Hi Peter!)

timvp
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice job, Duel and Minnix. Oh and props to Kori Ellis and mouse.

Sounds like it's going to be a quality show.

:tu

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
only thing was, at the end, they said somthin along the lines of "yeah Kori we cant wait for you to be a reg on the show" er somethin like that
i was thinkin, Kori doesnt want to do radio. did you have a change o heart, or was that just wishful thinkin on their part?

SequSpur
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that was a good job you all, it's good to hear a quality show again led by Chris Duel. I look forward to this....

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
only thing was, at the end, they said somthin along the lines of "yeah Kori we cant wait for you to be a reg on the show" er somethin like that
i was thinkin, Kori doesnt want to do radio. did you have a change o heart, or was that just wishful thinkin on their part?

I am friends with all three of them. So, I am willing to take part in the show from time to time, if they want me. I actually like to do radio, but I just don't want anything daily. I like working from home and being flexible.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-11-2008, 08:04 PM
thats cool, i like being flexible as well. dont paint yerself in a corner right

mouse
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Dude we can see right through you. Your a Chris Duel hater!

I would have more respect for you if you just admit that. And I remember Mike Taylors first day @ the ticket760 it was back to back calls from his buddies from Dallas congratulating him on his new show.

Don't be such a treehugger it was the first day.

After all if there is anything you need to know you would have read it here first at ST anyway!

clubalien
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
The new ESPN Radio 1250 afternoon show...today February 11th from 5-7pm.

Chris Duel,TPark,mouse,Kori,and the rest of "YOU" SpursTalk when you call in!

You all claim to be Sports fans nows your chance to prove it!
:toast
seriously they gave mouse a show/?
what is radio coming to

Chris Duel
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM

Sorry you didn't dig it.

A couple of points...

1) It was the debut show. As with any show debut, it's very introductory in nature.

2) For a show that IS local, we had a Sports Anchor from EVERY TV station in San Antonio, plus KORI from the best Spurs board on the Planet, plus the EXPRESS-NEWS and ESPN.com. This included DAVID CHANCELLOR from News 4 WOAI. I think we demonstrated that we will access the SPORTS AUTHORITIES in this town, no matter what TV station or media outlet they are connected to. I thought our guests kicked ass today.

3) Telling you over and over how great I am? I didn't hear that. If anything, Jason, Dawn and I were telling you how great Kori Ellis, Joe Reinagel, Chuck Miketinac, Greg Simmons, David Chancellor, Richard Oliver, Tim Griffin and Bill Taylor ARE. We're connecting a network of the best sports minds and voices in our community. That's LOCAL sports talk.

4) MOUSE called in. That alone made the show a slam dunk. I've been doing radio in this town for over a Decade. Mouse is Radio GOLD. Mouse is a Radio GOD. If we wipe our asses for an hour and 57 minutes and MOUSE calls in for three minutes, it will have been a great show.

5) Jeanne FREAKING Jakle, the Media Mistress of the Express-News called in at the end of the show (unsolicited) and gave us a rave review. If we passed the Jakle test, we scored big.

6) If you work in the Clear Channel building, tell Peter Burns to defect to the Worldwide Leader in Sports. We are the Sports BORG and Resistance is Futile!

:cooldevil

duncan228
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Usually I wish I lived in San Antonio so I could see the Spurs play live.

Today, I wish I was there so I could have heard a radio show.

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
The show kicked ass! anyone who disagrees? did not tune in or listens to Hanna Montana.

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry you didn't dig it.

A couple of points...

1) It was the debut show. As with any show debut, it's very introductory in nature.

2) For a show that IS local, we had a Sports Anchor from EVERY TV station in San Antonio, plus KORI from the best Spurs board on the Planet, plus the EXPRESS-NEWS and ESPN.com. This included DAVID CHANCELLOR from News 4 WOAI. I think we demonstrated that we will access the SPORTS AUTHORITIES in this town, no matter what TV station or media outlet they are connected to. I thought our guests kicked ass today.

3) Telling you over and over how great I am? I didn't hear that. If anything, Jason, Dawn and I were telling you how great Kori Ellis, Joe Reinagel, Chuck Miketinac, Greg Simmons, David Chancellor, Richard Oliver, Tim Griffin and Bill Taylor ARE. We're connecting a network of the best sports minds and voices in our community. That's LOCAL sports talk.

4) MOUSE called in. That alone made the show a slam dunk. I've been doing radio in this town for over a Decade. Mouse is Radio GOLD. Mouse is a Radio GOD. If we wipe our asses for an hour and 57 minutes and MOUSE calls in for three minutes, it will have been a great show.

5) Jeanne FREAKING Jakle, the Media Mistress of the Express-News called in at the end of the show (unsolicited) and gave us a rave review. If we passed the Jakle test, we scored big.

6) If you work in the Clear Channel building, tell Peter Burns to defect to the Worldwide Leader in Sports. We are the Sports BORG and Resistance is Futile!

RACK!

This show will be so big Kori will have to switch to another server!

duncan228
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Rumor has it that Kori will host it so we out of state folks can hear the "radio gold" we missed.

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Chris Im sorry man, I kept trying to call in and the lines were PACKED.

reddog 99
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Chris,

Looks like your working it hard right out of the gate. It was refreshing to hear all of the local SA media representing. I think you will find out who works well with the show.

Keep it simple and it will grow.

Let me ask a question to Spurs Talk posters in San Antonio-

"What do you want them to talk about?"

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Rumor has it that Kori will host it so we out of state folks can hear the "radio gold" we missed.

If Mouse has the recording and it's permitted by ESPN (I'm not sure about it), I will happily upload the audio.

duncan228
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Kori.
I hope it is allowed by ESPN. I really want to hear it.

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Chris Im sorry man, I kept trying to call in and the lines were PACKED.

TPark is telling the truth! You could have been on hold for 2 hours if you was lucky enough not to get the busy signal!

TPark has passion and talent he deserves a shot at the brass ring.

marini martini
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
" Jeanne FREAKING Jakle, the Media Mistress of the Express-News called in at the end of the show (unsolicited) and gave us a rave review. If we passed the Jakle test, we scored big."
:cooldevil[/QUOTE]

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jakle test? WTF? Yea, our home town gossip queen's approval really makes me want to tune in :oops

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
If Mouse has the recording and it's permitted by ESPN (I'm not sure about it), I will happily upload the audio.

I don't work for ESPN I can do what I want with my files. Have you not heard of Youtube or other Torrent sites?
There are people sharing iMac leopard 200.00 dollars of software and the movie Juno, you really think they are worried about a local radio show?

:lmao

Just give me the link and I will post it.

dawn
02-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I love ya Mouse, but last time I checked I produce the show, not web design and do phone installs. Sorry. Wrong department. The Website and all is coming, or so the folks who actually RUN that area are telling us! Thanks for calling in and keep it up!!!

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
is there a podcast i can listen to this on??

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
" Jeanne FREAKING Jakle, the Media Mistress of the Express-News called in at the end of the show (unsolicited) and gave us a rave review. If we passed the Jakle test, we scored big."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jakle test? WTF? Yea, our home town gossip queen's approval really makes me want to tune in :oops

No one is making anyone do anything.

Your taking this to serious. And if you think her daily news column in the express news San Antonio newspaper means nothing? Then your head is farther up your ass than we at this site reading your comments first expected.

:wakeup

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:48 PM
TPark is telling the truth! You could have been on hold for 2 hours if you was lucky enough not to get the busy signal!

TPark has passion and talent he deserves a shot at the brass ring.

Thanks Mouse, I'll do my best to get in tommarow! :toast

Smackie Chan
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I love ya Mouse, but last time I checked I produce the show, not web design and do phone installs. Sorry. Wrong department. The Website and all is coming, or so the folks who actually RUN that area are telling us! Thanks for calling in and keep it up!!!

Then I apologize if I thought you was the producer. I take back what I have said.
Go ahead and just do what you think your getting paid for.

my bad!

SpurHonkey
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM

Not sure you all can afford him... have you seen the Escalade he rolls around in?!

marini martini
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
No one is making anyone do anything.

Your taking this to serious. And if you think her daily news column in the express news San Antonio newspaper means nothing? Then your head is farther up your ass than we at this site reading your comments first expected.

I'm not taking anything too serious here. Her column has meant nothing to me in the past 30 so years IMHO.

dawn
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Mouse, that was my point, I do Produce. That has NOTHING to do with launching the website or getting a toll free number. Not my job. But thank you for keeping me in line. :)

Chris Duel
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
1) Jeanne Jakle is hugely popular in San Antonio. You may not personally dig her column, but tens of thousands of San Antonians read her column first when it appears in the newspaper. Readers of the Express-News love to read the latest about the media and Jeanne is the PRIMO source for media dish in Taco Town.

2) I'm sure ESPN will be fine with allowing Mouse to upload his podcast. If I am wrong, I am willing to join Peter Burns at Ticket 760 and allow Mike "Carpetbagger" Taylor to come over to the already-highest-rated Sports Radio station in San Antonio, ESPN Radio 1250 The Zone.

DannyT
02-12-2008, 12:04 AM
By the way Chris thanks for pushing the show on the board...I alway thought it was someone else's job to do that...but you went above and beyond your duties and got the listeners to tune it....shit I was hurting so bad for an AM radio I was chilling in the room listening to the show on an alarm clock...sitting on hold just waiting to unleash some juicy smack on mouse but I got over run....I will get my respect...oh yes I will get mine....

PeterBurns
02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Not sure you all can afford him... have you seen the Escalade he rolls around in?!

Pearl White Baby!!!!
Da 'Hoes Love It!

PeterBurns
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
1) Jeanne Jakle is hugely popular in San Antonio. You may not personally dig her column, but tens of thousands of San Antonians read her column first when it appears in the newspaper. Readers of the Express-News love to read the latest about the media and Jeanne is the PRIMO source for media dish in Taco Town.

2) I'm sure ESPN will be fine with allowing Mouse to upload his podcast. If I am wrong, I am willing to join Peter Burns at Ticket 760 and allow Mike "Carpetbagger" Taylor to come over to the already-highest-rated Sports Radio station in San Antonio, ESPN Radio 1250 The Zone.

Regarding Point One....Jeanne at least has a good platform to give her opinions. Hate her or love her, I look forward to reading what she has to say.
Although, I do it online. Newspapers a dying breed. Soon to be extinct.

Point 2) Did you not read the above post. I drive a nice car, and I'm worried that if I took a job over there. Mouse may end up at the studio one day, and all of my Wheels will have been stolen.

Regarding Highest Ratings, The Ticket and Taylor did pretty damn good in the last book. I looking forward to the Sports Civil War.

Ticket VS Zone.
What's going to be crazy is when I launch the third station here in town with the Thompson Brothers and Tony Bruno in Fall of 08.

Smackie Chan
02-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Newspapers a dying breed. Soon to be extinct.

Tell that to the New York times.

The truth is they both need each other and if you think the paper is dead you have gone to long long w/o some Hooter ass.

alamo50
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Awesome!
I would have loved to hear it!
Also great that Don "screw you" Harris wasn't participating.

Nice to know you are kicking it on the air waves again mouse.
Respect.

one lucky
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
The signal was really weak and I could not hear the show in Austin. Will there be streaming or perhaps a stronger signal in the future?

Budkin
02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Get that stream hooked up mouse for us out of towners!

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
If you go to Emule you will find all shows. Unless someone here knows where to upload some audio files I have Tpark and Kori on my HD.

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
You can ask Chris and Dawn Murphy in person here.....

http://p078.ezboard.com/Main-Underground/f550undergroundfrm7

Das Texan
02-13-2008, 05:47 PM
hopefully i can give this a listen soon.

there is a stream of this floating around the internets isnt there?