PDA

View Full Version : Fans are seething...

lonestr
02-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Fans are seething that the road to the Finals will go through their town. They want this so much that the trade of a few big men to their team guarantees a trip to the finals. They are sick of our small market getting all the attention, after all we are a one horse town. Many Spurs fans in here are panicking with the recent loss to the Celtics and are screaming for trades. I tell you that you are "glass is half empty" bunch. Those with the "glass is half full" mentality have been on an even keel simply because we are out a couple of key players.

But I, for one, am a "glass is full" sort with our current Spurs team. Why?:

1. It's the middle of the season.
2. What separates the top teams to lead the division is a few games.
3. We are exactly where we were last year.
4. We demolished a Kobe/Shaq Tandem in their prime, and for some reason
we can't handle an aged Shaq along with an aged Nash.
5. Tony is out so that he can get his foot taken care of to be ready for the
playoffs
6. Barry is injured as well and he too is a valued player that gives us needed
help. He'll be back to cause trouble for the other teams.
7. This forum is overun with trolls so insecure, they need to come in here
and taunt us because it makes them feel good that we are down and out.
8. In case anyone has forgotten, we are the current NBA Champions. Until
someone rightfully knocks us off our perch, that alone should be fuel to
throw in the face of a troll.
9. We have Pop.
10. We have Tim Duncan.
11. We are the San Antonio Spurs, the smallest market venue in the NBA to
have won as many Championships as the gargantuan teams such as L.A.,
Boston, and New York. And did it, not with the most talented players or
most expensive payroll, but rather as a team who rely on one another.

The recent game against Boston was a great one to watch and I must say that I am confident about our team. We gave Doc Rivers fits for four whole quarters until the last three minutes of the game. We wore them out and we did so on their home court. I guarantee when they returned to the locker room after the game each Boston player was worried. They had to bring their "A" game for the home crowd. Trust me when I say this, it came at a price. In a seven game series, they know they don't have what it takes in the tank to beat this team. If you don't believe me, ask Garnett and Allen if they want to tango with us considering the history we have with each of these players. We will be deep inside their minds.

Meanwhile, lets take care of these trolls. heaven knows I'm not afraid to pummel a few before my day begins.

ancestron
02-11-2008, 11:53 AM
It's always amusing to read the post-loss panic isn't it?

Spuradicator
02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Fans are seething that the road to the Finals will go through their town. They want this so much that the trade of a few big men to their team guarantees a trip to the finals. They are sick of our small market getting all the attention, after all we are a one horse town. Many Spurs fans in here are panicking with the recent loss to the Celtics and are screaming for trades. I tell you that you are "glass is half empty" bunch. Those with the "glass is half full" mentality have been on an even keel simply because we are out a couple of key players.

1. It's the middle of the season.
2. What separates the top teams to lead the division is a few games.
3. We are exactly where we were last year.
4. We demolished a Kobe/Shaq Tandem in their prime, and for some reason
we can't handle an aged Shaq along with an aged Nash.
5. Tony is out so that he can get his foot taken care of to be ready for the
playoffs
6. Barry is injured as well and he too is a valued player that gives us needed
help. He'll be back to cause trouble for the other teams.
7. This forum is overun with trolls so insecure, they need to come in here
and taunt us because it makes them feel good that we are down and out.
8. In case anyone has forgotten, we are the current NBA Champions. Until
someone rightfully knocks us off our perch, that alone should be fuel to
throw in the face of a troll.
9. We have Pop.
10. We have Tim Duncan.
11. We are the San Antonio Spurs, the smallest market venue in the NBA to
have won as many Championships as the gargantuan teams such as L.A.,
Boston, and New York. And did it, not with the most talented players or
most expensive payroll, but rather as a team who rely on one another.

The recent game against Boston was a great one to watch and I must say that I am confident about our team. We gave Doc Rivers fits for four whole quarters until the last three minutes of the game. We wore them out and we did so on their home court. I guarantee when they returned to the locker room after the game each Boston player was worried. They had to bring their "A" game for the home crowd. Trust me when I say this, it came at a price. In a seven game series, they know they don't have what it takes in the tank to beat this team. If you don't believe me, ask Garnett and Allen if they want to tango with us considering the history we have with each of these players. We will be deep inside their minds.

Meanwhile, lets take care of these trolls. heaven knows I'm not afraid to pummel a few before my day begins.

I applaud your state of the union.

+1

lonestr
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
It's always amusing to read the post-loss panic isn't it?

I've been a fan too long to react that way, especially when we are playing in the middle of the season.

SAGambler
02-11-2008, 12:13 PM

1. It's the middle of the season. (You forgot to insert "regular")
2. What separates the top teams to lead the division is a few games. (And that's a two way street. Check Nugs, Warriors, Jailblazers, Rockets)
3. We are exactly where we were last year. (And that's a "good thing?)

Look, I believe in the Spurs as much as anyone. But I can look at a team and see when they aren't right. And this team right now isn't right. It doesn't matter if they lose by 1 or 20. It's still goes in the "L" column.

Maybe we get Tony back, and go balls to the wall the rest of the way. And then again, maybe not.

Right now there are 11 teams in serious contention for 8 spots. 3 of those aren't going to be around come playoff time. Every game is a must win to keep your place in line alive. Spurs need to start playing like "regular season" games DO mean something.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 12:24 PM
All the attention we get from other teams' fans leads me to conclude the Spurs are fine.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Fanth are seething the day. Go Thpurth go!

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, with every post they make, I feel that much better.

Keep it up.

lonestr
02-11-2008, 12:32 PM
:flipoff

http://z.about.com/d/desktoppub/1/0/x/i/oldswitch1.jpg

Whoa! What's up So Cal baby. By the looks of your pics, you are giving your shrink a run for his money. I see manic- depression there So Cal. Better get a handle on it before you have one person conversations with yourself, or anything else with yourself.

lonestr
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
:smokin

Well Hot Damn!! No wonder you see through those purple and gold glasses. You skipped the physician and went straight to the corner pimp for whatever ails you. Just make sure he pays you well if you have to do a few tricks for him baby. I think you're worth it.

Xylus
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
This guy's worse than SpursDynasty

lonestr
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
SaGambler, if you believe in the Spurs as anyone else, well guess what, everyone else is burning in this forum. I understand your point but why does everyone think they have equal footing with Spurs players and staff members in what we need or what has to happen to get us out of this funk. Unless your name is Parker or Duncan and have deep concerns about your team, then I'd worry. But listen to all the players interviewed as of late, they all say positive things and that things will improve. I really don't see a nose dive here.

lonestr
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
This guy's worse than SpursDynasty

Don't even start with me punk!! you guys got handed a penis pump and you actually believe it works. So go to the corner of your bathroom and start pumping and maybe you'll learn an english accent and end your sentences with "Groovy Baby".

lonestr
02-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry So Cal, haven't you heard? This is a one horse town. We get high on our Spurs raping your beloved Lakers on national T.V. Hell, I have the video of Kobe ever crying in his career and it was against the Spurs. But you know what? Pau Gasol will take you to the promise land. If you say it ten times and tap your heels together, by gosh Los Angleles will be hoisting that trophy faster than your Governor can say" Kali-Fornia".

BonnerDynasty
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm glad the Spurs FO is keeping the core group intact.

Watching the End of the Soft Spurs has been fun so far.

Flip the switch Motha Fuckers! :lol

http://z.about.com/d/desktoppub/1/0/x/i/oldswitch1.jpg

no no no.

You can't call us soft any more! We are THE most physical team in the league!

lonestr
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Damn, this is fun. I got in trouble over at SR for being to harsh with the trolls, but this forum is letting me take full swings at these punks. C'mon, what else you got?

duncan228
02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Damn, this is fun. I got in trouble over at SR for being to harsh with the trolls, but this forum is letting me take full swings at these punks. C'mon, what else you got?

SpursTalk and SR are in two different leagues.

I know lots of posters are active on both boards but I personally don't understand why.

SpursTalk is the only forum to be on.
Everything from how it's run to the quality of posters here, even the trolls, is so far above SR that it's not even funny.
I have nothing against SR, I've only posted there a few times long ago, I never got banned, and I rarely even lurk there anymore. Live and let live.

But there's no comparing the two sites except that they both have "Spurs" in their name.

lonestr
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
SpursTalk and SR are in two different leagues.

I know lots of posters are active on both boards but I personally don't understand why.

SpursTalk is the only forum to be on.
Everything from how it's run to the quality of posters here, even the trolls, is so far above SR that it's not even funny.
I have nothing against SR, I've only posted there a few times long ago, I never got banned, and I rarely even lurk there anymore. Live and let live.

But there's no comparing the two sites except that they both have "Spurs" in their name.

Thanks for the hospitality Duncan, I promise to do my best to kick the undesired troll where it hurts. I've found a home. :nutkick:

Xylus
02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the hospitality Duncan, I promise to do my best to kick the undesired troll where it hurts. I've found a home. :nutkick:
:rolleyes