PDA

View Full Version : Celtics or Lakers?

The_Game
02-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Who wins in a 7 game series IF they meet in the finals?

lebomb
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM

They wont, so it doesnt matter.
:spin

JamStone
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Appears it would be pretty competitive. I'd go with the Lakers if Bynum is healthy. They have better balance and more depth. And, in my opinion, Kobe is the better closer than any of the three Boston stars.

ducks
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
why does it appear pretty competive
bynum has not played with gasol yet
bynum might not even be healthy this year
and with bynum playing will odom even score a point?

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
It'd be a great Finals!

I'd have to go with the Lakers though. The depth and experience on that squad combined with Kobe's play when the games on the line, equals a Laker win....in 6

JamStone
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM

To answer the question, conjecture is required, with or without Bynum healthy.

remingtonbo2001
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I actually think the Lakers would be the favorites because they have a coach who has a higher level of experience and expertise.

Xylus
02-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Celtics would win in 6.

16-0 against the West.
Rated 1st in almost every conceivable defensive category.

These guys are for real.

JamStone
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Celtics would win in 6.

16-0 against the West.

These guys are for real.

Except against teams like Charlotte and Washington.

ratm1221
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Celtics would win in 6.

16-0 against the West.

These guys are for real.

Give me a break... even IF the Celtics make it to the Finals (but they won't), Kobe Bryant and the Lakers would beat them in 5 games.

Mark my words.

The_Game
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Bynum is expected back for mid march.

Rummpd
02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Who cares?

DazedAndConfused
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
All depends on Bynum's return. If he can get anywhere near what he was before he went down we have as good a shot as any of the contenders.

ratm1221
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Who cares?

Anyone that's not a Spurs homer?

703 Spurz
02-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone that's not a Spurs homer?

I'd have to disagree with you :toast

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Lakers! The Celtics are loaded and good but the Lakers experience and Weapons will be too much for them to deal with.

ducks
02-12-2008, 12:09 AM
odom is not even a scoring option anymore
when bryum gets healthy he is traded for picks or something
odom is useless to lakers now

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Odom is not even a scoring option anymore

Odom is doing just fine. Hell, he had 18 rebounds the other night. Leading rebounder tonight with ten. He is at his best in the position he is in right now. The Lakers don't need to move anybody when Bynum gets back.

Lakafan23
02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
odom is not even a scoring option anymore

Wow you're the type of person that should be banned from forums because you don't say anything useful. You might as well just type the word bullshit for every post you put out.

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
what experience? Other than Kobe and Fisher who else has ever done anything in the Playoffs?

If they both somehow make the finals it's a toss up. Either team can win. But a little premature don't people think?

What experience other than Kobe and Fisher? :rolleyes add Phil and add the fact that they're surrounded by Champions. Boston has what? Posey?

Lakafan23
02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
What experience other than Kobe and Fisher? :rolleyes add Phil and add the fact that they're surrounded by Champions. Boston has what? Posey?

Well they have KG Allen and Pierce and Doc. Thats experience.

DazedAndConfused
02-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think championship experience will matter with Boston. They have VETERANS who know how to play in pressure situations. Both KG, RA, and PP have been deep into the playoffs so I honestly would be surprised if they start choking in the playoffs.

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Well they have KG Allen and Pierce and Doc. Thats experience.

I was speaking Championship experience.

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't think championship experience will matter with Boston. They have VETERANS who know how to play in pressure situations. Both KG, RA, and PP have been deep into the playoffs so I honestly would be surprised if they start choking in the playoffs.

I think it will matter. None of them have been to that point in their careers. The Hoopla and pressure can be overwhelming for some players. It can be overwhelming for the coach as well. Experience means everything, imo.

That is one of the reasons i said I would not like to see the Lakers play the Spurs because they have too much experience for the Lakers. Detroit too! I feel pretty comfortable that the Laker would win a 7 game series against the rest of the league. Against those two, it would be a battle.

lefty
02-12-2008, 12:41 AM

Your "IF" is quite big.

'nuff said

LakeShow
02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Championship experience is irrelevant, look at the 2004 Pistons. It will be a good series and it can go either way.

The 2004 Pistons, i guess didn't have any championship experience but they beat a hobbled Lakers team. Not using it as an excuse, they won and were deserving but it is, what it is! Everybody talks about Malone's injury and leave out Horace Grants injury, that was big against the Pistons going against Ben and Sheed.

UCantHandleTheTruth
02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Celtics in 5, maybe it gets to a game 6 but that's it. Let's be real, the Lakers are big time pretenders and adding that soft bitch Gasol ain't gonna change a thing. Odom covering The Truth and Gasol on KG?

Give me a break.

Purple & Gold
02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Lakers in 6

Boston won't be able to handle the twin towers of Bynum and Gasol.

UCantHandleTheTruth
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Lakers in 6

Boston won't be able to handle the twin towers of Bynum and Gasol.I hear that Bynum refers to Kendrick Perkins as daddy after his two games against him this year. Bynum: 6 points per, 5 boards per and 44% shooting in 2 Celtics blowouts. Perkins, on the other hand, dropped 14-8 on 69% shooting against Bynum this year. Yeah, the Celtics have no answer for the most overrated player in the NBA, Andrew Bynum.

And Gasol is a soft euro that doesn't play D. If we meet again, he might be able to go 5-15 instead of the 3-13 he shot against us earlier this year, though.

Twins towers, lol. That type of comment and comparison should get you banned on a Spurs board.

Purple & Gold
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I hear that Bynum refers to Kendrick Perkins as daddy after his two games against him this year. Bynum: 6 points per, 5 boards per and 44% shooting in 2 Celtics blowouts. Perkins, on the other hand, dropped 14-8 on 69% shooting against Bynum this year. Yeah, the Celtics have no answer for the most overrated player in the NBA, Andrew Bynum.

And Gasol is a soft euro that doesn't play D. If we meet again, he might be able to go 5-15 instead of the 3-13 he shot against us earlier this year, though.

Twins towers, lol. That type of comment and comparison should get you banned on a Spurs board.

Oh lord, are you now pronouncing Kendrick Perkins your saviour? He played Bynum well no doubt, but to pronounce him Bynum's daddy is hopefull at best and more likely dellusional. Bynum tore everybody else a new one, Perkins will be no different. The youngster's still learning. Not scared of your saviour Kendrick Perkins. :lol

As for Bynum overrated. :lol :lol Keep telling yourself that. The League will have no answer for him in the near future. Pair him with Gasol (who can be as soft as he wants, the guy can play) and the League will be shaking in their boots for the next 5-10 years.

Face it Boston fan. You sold your soul to the devil for only a couple of years of contention. And when the Lakeshow comes to collect in the Finals it'll be like the last 20 years for your pathetic franchise.

Lakers are always relevent. Celtics could only win in the beginning.

And don't forget:

Magic >> Bird :clap :clap

DazedAndConfused
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
The Lakers are a completely different team now.

Gasol will be the key for us against the Celtics, if we play each other. He will force KG to move outside of the paint to guard him, unless you want Gasol shooting uncontested midrange jumpshots all day long. Not allowing KG to roam the paint will take away the Celtics biggest strength on defense.

The_Game
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Your "IF" is quite big.

'nuff said

No It's really not..it's a very likely finals match-up. One many expect to happen.

"nuff said"

ElNono
02-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Spurs in 5

Rummpd
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I for one would not relish a series with either team playing, it seems to me there was potential collusionary aspects in both teams strengthening there teams that has been blown under the rug except for brave souls like Pop.

It seems in the league that the more one whines the more it is rewarded, that is why I hope both these teams go down in flames.

Glad Spurs adding Splitter and having so much flexibility next year in their cap space with expiring contracts, as if one of these or other teams win it - next year the Spurs will get back what will be rightfully theirs = a 5th championship.