PDA

View Full Version : Dillinger Escape Plan

stretch
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Smg3coINg0E

Thoughts?

mardigan
02-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Not what they once were, but before Miss Machine they were on eof my favorite bands.
Technical noise

T Park
02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not passing judgement or anything but that all seemed like noise to me.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
it's controlled noise. i had to see them live to see them pull it off live and they do. that was one of the craziest shows i've been to. dillinger and the locust at trees. good times. the locusts make these guys sound like lionel richie. i like it. don't like the new one. the singer is now doing his best trent imitation. what the hell was that that they played on conan? just horrible.

monosylab1k
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
It's good in small doses. I can't listen for more than 15 minutes without my brain hurting.

mardigan
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not passing judgement or anything but that all seemed like noise to me.
Even people that love metal have a hard time liking Dillinger. Their brand of math metal isnt easy to listen to, it takes forcing yourself to listen to their albums over and over to really enjoy it.

cornbread
02-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I saw them perform in Austin a couple of years ago. They were amazingly precise and a lot of fun to watch. I haven't heard their new stuff but I do like the old stuff.

stretch
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I love watching these videos, just cuz its so amusing to see the guitarists throwing their bodies around.

People never really realize how amazing these guys really are though, to be able to run around screaming and jumping like crazy while being focused and playing guitar/bass/drums for like an hour straight. These guys have to be in good fucking shape, and have extreme ability to focus as they throw their heads around like crazy, but can still play presice notes.

dimsah
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Even people that love metal have a hard time liking Dillinger. Their brand of math metal isnt easy to listen to, it takes forcing yourself to listen to their albums over and over to really enjoy it.
Math Metal? :lol

Meshuggah is math metal and I have no problem listening to them
but that song was not too good in my opinion.

Medvedenko
02-11-2008, 07:55 PM
DEP is god