PDA

View Full Version : Linas Kleiza

urunobili
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
anyone?

he is a big that can shoot a three, very active and IMO > Bonner.

i truly don;t think he is on the block but here's a link that says the opposite...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8225137

Denver's Eduardo Najera and Linas Kleiza have been mentioned as trade bait, but they aren't worried about it.

"I do what I do," Kleiza said. "Some things are out of my control. If it happens, it happens. Everything happens for a reason. I read a good quote by (Dallas guard) Jerry Stackhouse. He said, 'These checks cash in all the states.' "

JamStone
02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
And what attractive trade package do the Spurs have to offer to the Nuggets to make a trade to an in-conference rival that put them out of the playoffs twice in recent years?

himat
02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I like Kleiza. He is a very good scorer off the bench. I think he is an average defender though.

nkdlunch
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
He is better than Bonner/Horry

but I am not sure if he brings more than Udoka does overall.

Bruno
02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I guess we will have a thread for every NBA player who isn't available before the deadline. :)

remingtonbo2001
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I guess we will have a thread for every NBA player who isn't available before the deadline. :)

:lol Please, stop with the revolving door of trade proposals.

Look if something happens great. But I SERIOUSLY DOUBT anything is going to take place. Why? Because standing pat at this point is realistically our best chance for repeating. We don't need drastic change. We need the players we have to start playing basketball.

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
And what attractive trade package do the Spurs have to offer to the Nuggets to make a trade to an in-conference rival that put them out of the playoffs twice in recent years?

Most salient point of this thread....

If a team is in contention for the title or even the playoffs, count on them NOT trading with the Spurs.

Spurs could've probably been in contention for Mike Miller before Pop screwed that one up. Kurt Thomas is still out there, but other than him....count on the Spurs making a move to shed salary, not to improve greatly.

pad300
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM

That their payroll is 86 million, pre-lux tax. With only 8 contracts next year, they are only at 77 million (assuming they dump JR Smith's 3 million qualifying offer) .... Combine that with a roster that has shown no ability to get things done, I might be looking for some expirings...

The problem is who could we take off their roster that would be of value to us... The 8 contracts next year are Iverson (20M), Anthony (14.4M), Martin (14.4M), Camby(9M), Nene (9.68M), Hunter(3.9M), Atkins(3.2M), Kleiza. (1.8M). The only bodies we'd actually want would be Camby and Kleiza...

I can't see them going for

Barry, Elson, Bonner, Mahinmi, 2008 1st

for

Camby, Kleiza

Camby is their starting center... Everyone else on their roster is either too expensive (Iverson, Anthony, Martin), real ugly potential deadweight longterm (Nene), or cheap enough that they don't care...

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
That their payroll is 86 million, pre-lux tax. With only 8 contracts next year, they are only at 77 million (assuming they dump JR Smith's 3 million qualifying offer) .... Combine that with a roster that has shown no ability to get things done, I might be looking for some expirings...

The problem is who could we take off their roster that would be of value to us... The 8 contracts next year are Iverson (20M), Anthony (14.4M), Martin (14.4M), Camby(9M), Nene (9.68M), Hunter(3.9M), Atkins(3.2M), Kleiza. (1.8M). The only bodies we'd actually want would be Camby and Kleiza...

Barry, Elson, Bonner, Mahinmi, 2008 1st

for

Camby, Kleiza

Camby is their starting center... Everyone else on their roster is either too expensive (Iverson, Anthony, Martin), real ugly potential deadweight longterm (Nene), or cheap enough that they don't care...

There is no way in HELL the Nuggets are giving up Camby, especially not for that.

T Park
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
:lol

people must be kooped up in houses and or offices too long.

pad300
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
There is no way in HELL the Nuggets are giving up Camby, especially not for that.

Word bolded to improve reading comprehension.

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Word bolded to improve reading comprehension.

Appreciate that...it's been a LONG day.