PDA

View Full Version : Did Tony Allen foul Manu Thread

Darth Celtic
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/27ypycj.gif

A quote from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280210002

"With Boston leading 92-87 and under 20 seconds left, Ginobili was hacked while trying a 3, but no foul was called and Rondo came up with his second big rebound of the final minute. Rondo made both free throws after he was fouled, then Finley made a 3-pointer to make it 94-90."

Was Ginobili really hacked?

Who wrote this article you ask?

By Jimmy Golen
AP Sports Writer

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
And we care because?

Darth Celtic
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Because I constantly hear the Spurs complain about all the calls they do not get...and yet you see Manu doing stuff like this. Why do certain NBA players have to cheat to win? It's not just spurs players either..

Darth Celtic
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Why is that sports writer lying to everyone? He did not get "hacked" at all, just because a player flails his body around like a fish and falls to the ground, doesn't mean there was ever a foul. You'd be going crazy if it was the other way around.

FromWayDowntown
But Celtics players are above reproach, of course. Probably Lakers players too.

ChumpDumper
It's not cheating, and you have Ray Allen on your team. Glass houses.

Darth Celtic
But Celtics players are above reproach, of course. Probably Lakers players too.

Completely irrelevant to the topic, I expected this though. Why are the Lakers even being brought up?

Darth Celtic
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
It's not cheating, and you have Ray Allen on your team. Glass houses.

Nice way to avoid the subject, just mention a player on the Celtics. Gotta love sports fans.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm frustrated by the constant Laker talk. Forgive me.

I don't disagree with the no call there. I do think that if it's Paul Pierce in that situation and not Manu Ginobili, the shooter goes to the line, but that's the game.

samikeyp
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Why are you asking the people who didn't write the article? Sounds like you should ask the author. I didn't see any posts where Spurs fans were saying he was hacked.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice way to avoid the subject, just mention a player on the Celtics. Gotta love sports fans.I said it's not cheating. That was the subject. Sorry it was so easy to point out a Celtic player does exactly the same thing with stunning regularity.

I don't think that was a foul and I think the writer was in error.

So what are you bitching about again?

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Ultimately, that no-call didn't win or lose the game for the Spurs, so I'm sure this thread is quite irrelevant to any discussion of the outcome of the game.

Foisting the word choices of some AP writer upon Spurs fans as an indication of their sentiments is pretty unfair.

Darth Celtic
02-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Laker talk can be very annoying, I agree with that.. I just get fed up with NBA players trying to draw fouls in any way possible, when they should just play the game. Manu should have just shot the ball, it probably would have went in, he was on fire from deep.

nkdlunch
02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
what a blatant foul!!!!

he should have gotten ejected for that shit

the crazy thing is Manu almost makes that shot. that would have been :clap

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Laker talk can be very annoying, I agree with that.. I just get fed up with NBA players trying to draw fouls in any way possible, when they should just play the game. Manu should have just shot the ball, it probably would have went in, he was on fire from deep.

You could make the same point about just about any number of players in just about any NBA game. As ChumpDumper rightly points out, Ray Allen does similar things. As long as referees call it, players -- regardless of which team they play for -- will be inclined to seek out those calls.

George Gervin's Afro
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
let's discuss the 2 offensive rebounds off of free throws.. now those were a problem... as far as a foul? I don't think so especially at the end of the game.. what are you guys going to do with Tony parker? You do realize if you play defense like you guys did yesterday TP is going to have a lay up drill the whole game..

ThomasGranger
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Manu tried to draw contact shooting a three, the ref didn't call a foul, and nobody from the Spurs complained. How is that cheating?

More to the point, the Celtics got the W and still have the best record in the league. Can't you just enjoy the win without complaining about how unfairly the Celtics get treated?

Slinkyman
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Manu tried to draw contact shooting a three, the ref didn't call a foul, and nobody from the Spurs complained. How is that cheating?

More to the point, the Celtics got the W and still have the best record in the league. Can't you just enjoy the win without complaining about how unfairly the Celtics get treated?

Superbowl loss probably still stings so he starts this thread hoping to ease some of the pain?

fyatuk
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Because I constantly hear the Spurs complain about all the calls they do not get...and yet you see Manu doing stuff like this. Why do certain NBA players have to cheat to win? It's not just spurs players either..

Well, I can clearly see contact on Manu's elbow as he's going up, but it certainly would have been ticky-tack to call it.

No idea what you mean by cheating, though.

ancestron
02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
no foul.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Because I constantly hear the Spurs complain about all the calls they do not get...

I'm also taken aback by this statement. I see Spurs players arguing with officials and asking for calls on the floor, but I can't remember too many occasions (if any) in which a Spurs player complained publicly about not getting a call in a game.

batboy
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey belichick, you won the game. No foul was called. Some jackass reporter makes a comment in a wire story and all of a sudden your sense of entitlement flares up.

BTW players do this all the time. It only looks ridiculous because T. Allen did a very good job of forcing manu to switch hands and avoiding the bulk of the contact. If it's "cheating," then you can round up most of the guards in the league starting with Ray-Ray.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
That was an offensive flop, a pathetic one at that. Just shows GiFloppi is the biggest flopper in the NBA. There is absolutely no contact there other than the contact GiFloppi initiates with ass and the hardwood.

George Gervin's Afro
02-11-2008, 04:20 PM
That was an offensive flop, a pathetic one at that. Just shows GiFloppi is the biggest flopper in the NBA. There is absolutely no contact there other than the contact GiFloppi initiates with ass and the hardwood.

Luckily Kobe never fakes contact.. :rolleyes

how much longer before majicman is banned? her takes are nothing more than flamers..

Sense
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
lol call me crazy i still see a foul there.... watch for tony's left hand

remingtonbo2001
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Nobody likes you majicman. Go away.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
:lmao @ indignant fans of teams that have floppers as well.

batboy
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
lol call me crazy i still see a foul there.... watch for tony's left hand

Yeah Ginobili was selling the flop with his body. He changed shooting hands due to some actual minor contact.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I think Allen made contact with Manu, but unless you're Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade or Lebron James, you're not likely to get that call. Ginobili's history of flops doesn't help him -- I've actually noticed that he's taking more contact this year without getting calls than he has in the past, perhaps because officials are leery of "getting flopped" into a call, which is understandable. Of course, it never stopped them from making calls for John Stockton . . . .

ambchang
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Umm ... where was the cheating again? What did Manu do to flop again? He pretty much went up, leaned in, tried to get a foul, didn't, and fell, I doubt there is a single person on earth who would not fall jumping at that angle trying to shoot a basketall from 25 ft out.
Good no foul by Tony Allen, good no call too.

MadDog73
02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I think Celtics fan is upset that his team is the best in the NBA, but there is a perceived bias against the Celtics in the national media.

All I have to say to that is... fuck you. The Spurs lose to the best team in the NBA without our starting PG, but it's an upset?!?

If the Celtics make it to the Finals, the media will be creaming all over themselves.

And with the Lakers surging and Shaq back in the West, the Spurs are again going to be ignored. Which is fine by me, honestly. I'll take another Championship over media blow-jobs anyday of the week.

Solid D
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Did Tony Allen foul Manu?

Not on the 3 point attempt at the end of the game.

Did Tony Allen foul Manu on other plays? Absolutely. The pushes from behind were particularly effective. Allen is an excellent defender. Tony was one of my favorite players coming out of college.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Why are you asking the people who didn't write the article? Sounds like you should ask the author. I didn't see any posts where Spurs fans were saying he was hacked.

Exactly. Most Spurs fans thought that it was a just bad flopping job, no foul.

Budkin
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
No foul. Really bad flop by Manu. Should have just tried to make the shot.

Solid D
02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I have a question for Boston fans.

When is Boston going to rename the Tunnel - "The Bill Buckner Underpass" ?

timmy21_4rings
02-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Tony Allen did not foul Manu..He was smarter than Manu in this play yesterday..

Borosai
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
What bothered me was that Manu tried to draw the same foul TWICE instead of trying to take a good shot.

diego
02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
allen played it well, he pushed before manu got the ball, making manu think he was being over aggressive, then when he went up he just backed off. however, he was moving and he did hit manu with his left hand as he was going up. i'm fine with the no call, next time manu has to prepare for that.

Cloud786
02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Says the man whose team leads the league in techs.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
allen played it well, he pushed before manu got the ball, making manu think he was being over aggressive, then when he went up he just backed off. however, he was moving and he did hit manu with his left hand as he was going up. i'm fine with the no call, next time manu has to prepare for that.
lame...100% flop

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
What bothered me was that Manu tried to draw the same foul TWICE instead of trying to take a good shot.
The second time, he did get smothered and there was contact, I think that's where the article refers to him being hacked.

The first time, Tony Allen played smarter and Manu got used to duping dumber players in to getting up in the air. Hopefully Manu learns next time there's a similar situation to just shoot the thing to complete the play, and forget about the fouls.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm sure there is a GIF of the other shot too, right?

Mister Sinister
02-11-2008, 07:02 PM
lame...100% flop
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/kill_yourself.jpg

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/kill_yourself.jpg
http://www.lifeisajoke.com/simpsons/Homer-Stupid.bmp

BonnerDynasty
02-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Spurs complain about the calls?

or the Spurs' fans complain about the calls?

Big difference. Spurs never complain to the media.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Spurs complain about the calls?

or the Spurs' fans complain about the calls?

Big difference. Spurs never complain to the media.
Orly?

“What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension,” Popovich told SI.com. “There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade.”

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 07:13 PM
sunlakercelticfan doesn't understand the difference between a foul call and a trade.

Dumbass.

Mister Sinister
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Orly?
Your lack of sense frightens and confuses me.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Spurs never complain to the media.

manufor3
02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Your lack of sense frightens and confuses me.
lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

jag
02-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll chalk it up to a bad play by manu while trying to draw a foul. Other than that who cares?

ambchang
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Spurs never complain to the media.

Which was a direct response to:

Because I constantly hear the Spurs complain about all the calls they do not get

Who knows? Maybe Pop once complained to the media that his sandwich was over-priced, but that was clearly NOT what BonnerDynasty was talking about.

MajicMan
02-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Now that pile of shit Marc Cuban has jumped on Pop's bandwagon. He wants to be on the committee too.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
:lol This really means a lot to you, doesn't it?

Mister Sinister
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Now that pile of shit Marc Cuban has jumped on Pop's bandwagon. He wants to be on the committee too.
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/fagottree.jpg

Cherry
02-11-2008, 09:55 PM

:tu

ShoogarBear
02-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't remember a single person in here last night who thought Manu was fouled on that play.

I know a lot of us thought it was a stupid play.

phyzik
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
lame...100% flop

Lame... 100% troll

for the record, it was a stupid play by Manu but you seriously need to shut the fuck up already.

Road Warrior
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
First post. Not a troll. Not a foul. Not a big deal

v2freak
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't get it. Every Spurs fan has agreed that it was a good no-call, yet we still have trolls in here complaining? What is there to complain about? We agree with you on this one...you don't have to be contradictory just for the sake of it.

anakha
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
you don't have to be contradictory just for the sake of it.

Then they wouldn't be trolls, would they?

cherylsteele
02-12-2008, 12:37 AM
If there is a foul on the play, it as he is going around the pick.

Manu-of-steel
02-12-2008, 05:43 AM
majicman, you say flopping? it is spelled F-I-S-H-E-R. Flailing arms while shooting? B-R-Y-A-N-T, and he got fined for doing that to manu last year.

WalterBenitez
02-12-2008, 06:04 AM
And we care because?

emotional wins cares to the heart, calm the spirit... what else?
:wakeup

sa_butta
02-12-2008, 08:09 AM
let's discuss the 2 offensive rebounds off of free throws.. now those were a problem... as far as a foul? I don't think so especially at the end of the game.. what are you guys going to do with Tony parker? You do realize if you play defense like you guys did yesterday TP is going to have a lay up drill the whole game..If you are going to add Parker, then you would have to add Garnett for them. So we would not see the same defense. Garnett would alter some shots. Would be much more interesting with Parker and Garnett playing.