Do it, right... wait for it...

Now.

ducks
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
does he have a headband

QUESTION

ThomasGranger
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't know, that doesn't sound like a fair trade to me.

Maybe the Spurs can get them to toss in a draft pick and the rights to Rudy Fernandez to even things out.

SenorSpur
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Portland loves this guy. Remember this past offseason in that they chose to retain him over Udoka. Call me crazy, but there's no way they let him leave after reaffirming their commitment to him this past summer - especially for Barry and his expiring contract.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't see much reason for Portland to do that trade.

1Parker1
02-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Now.

:lmao Did you get that from Barney aka Dougie Houser on How I met your Mother??

T Park
02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Why the hell would Portland want to do that?

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Portland will make the playoffs and try to contend for a title. Why would they trade with the Spurs, whom they might see when they're going for that title run?

Ghost Writer
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
The only thing I can think of is veteran, championship experience and a sharpshooting 3-point bomber -- two qualities they are lacking.

And doesn't everyone like an expiring contract?

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
The only thing I can think of is veteran, championship experience and a sharpshooting 3-point bomber -- two qualities they are lacking.

A guy with a lingering calf muscle issue for a guy that is a part of a playoff rotation?

Also, isn't Outlaw a BYC player? Doesn't that make him harder to trade for?

I think it would have to be Elson for Outlaw....and I KNOW the Blazers ain't taking that.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm surprised Outlaw is shooting at a 40% clip from the arc this season.

The biggest cap hits the Blazers are taking are from Lafrentz and the Steve Francis buyout, and they'll be off the books in 09.

Seems like a pretty tough sell.

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm surprised Outlaw is shooting at a 40% clip from the arc this season.

The biggest cap hits the Blazers are taking are from Lafrentz and the Steve Francis buyout, and they'll be off the books in 09.

Seems like a pretty tough sell.

His jumpshot is actually very much improved. He puts alot more arc on hit than you used to....

Again, making it a tougher sell.

Ghost Writer
02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
He is athletic, guard anyone from a SG to a PF, hit 3s and can block shots.

Reminds me a lot of Artest minus all the baggage.

AFBlue
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't say that he can "hit 3s" because he rarely takes them. He knows his limitations, which is a plus, but he's not necessarily a three-point threat.

And yes, he can block shots, but he's not a great defender.

If I had to give a comparison, it would be a homeless man's Josh Smith.

SenorSpur
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM

There's no question that he a player to love. But the Blazers aint gonna part with him. Of course, his name was mentioned recently as part of the the 3-team deal that involved Portland, Dallas and New Jersey. THis principal compoents were JAson Kidd to Dallas, Devin Harris and others to the Blazers and Outlaw and others to the Nets.

Vinny Del Negro
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Portland will not consider this trade. They're pretty happy with improving their young talent and chemistry for a serious run in 2 years. barry will be in a nursing home by then.

timvp
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
File this idea next to trading Jacque Vaughn for LeBron.

Ghost Writer
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
File this idea next to trading Jacque Vaughn for LeBron.
You have every right to disagree, timvp, but don't be a d1ck.

The best player in the league for the worst player in the league is not the same as Barry for Outlaw.

Outlaw is so great, he hasn't been able to stay in Portland's starting lineup since making the NBA.

Where's all of your ideas for improvement?

You can stick Believe™ up yo' @ss.

Ghost Writer
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
There's no question that he a player to love. But the Blazers aint gonna part with him. Of course, his name was mentioned recently as part of the the 3-team deal that involved Portland, Dallas and New Jersey. THis principal compoents were JAson Kidd to Dallas, Devin Harris and others to the Blazers and Outlaw and others to the Nets.
Yeah... that's what gave me hope that Outlaw could be had.

Phoooooo.

tlongII
02-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Not just no, but HELL NO! We wouldn't even begin to consider a trade like that. Travis is developing into a very nice player for us and is still very young. He's also one of the most popular players on the team amongst his teammates. We might do it for Ginobili though...

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Yea, no way we're getting him for just Barry.

jag
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I dont see how this solves our "big man" problem...

ludda
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah... that's what gave me hope that Outlaw could be had.

Phoooooo.

The widespread belief is the reason that trade didnt go down is b/c Portland values Outlaw too much.

Onto the next fantasy trade..

Findog
02-11-2008, 08:01 PM
We're currently having problems with the Sixers tonight. Mavs should trade Juwan Howard and Devean George for Iguodala and Andre Miller

/no understanding of the complexities of the salary cap or that it takes two teams to make a trade

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Portland is building for the future, not looking to dump salaries at this point. It's a nice thought, but I don't see it happenning.

hsxvvd
02-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Wishful thinking. Portland would never do it.

But I wouldn't want us to do it. Who'd speak at the Post-Championship Celebrations? We need Barry's personality and locker room presence, winning without Barry just wouldn't be the same.

Leave Barry alone, we know he has an expiring contract and that his name flashed about last year (JR Smith), But thank god that never happened.

Vinny Del Negro
02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Come to think of it, Barry is the last of our Geriatric All-Stars that I'd want to lose. maybe because he reminds me so much of myself.

mikekim
02-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Barry can dunk from the free throw line. Outlaw can't (as far as I know/seen).

timvp
02-12-2008, 03:50 AM
You have every right to disagree, timvp, but don't be a d1ck.

The best player in the league for the worst player in the league is not the same as Barry for Outlaw.

Outlaw is so great, he hasn't been able to stay in Portland's starting lineup since making the NBA.

Where's all of your ideas for improvement?

You can stick Believe™ up yo' @ss.Nice blast :tu

That's closer to the GW I remember. Seriously though, teams looking to shed salary are the ones that could use an expiring contract. Unless you want to take back Darius Miles, I don't think Portland is looking to dump anyone.

Perhaps you'd take Miles. He's certainly a balla.

Louie Vega
02-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Now.

Umm.......nah ! :(

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-12-2008, 04:10 AM
I read somewhere about all the players the Blazers have here, stashed in Europe, and the draft picks they have in next year's draft. The article suggested that somehow they are going to have to divest themselves of 3-4 players...

However, I doubt Outlaw will be one of them. He's coming into his own, and they've got him for 2 more years at $4mil/yr. They'd be morons to give him up just as he is becoming a force.

Streakyshooter08
02-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Well, the Blazer could be interested in moving a SF. They have Webster, Outlaw and Jones. I don't know what happend to Miles but I doubt he will be back. The only way to get Outlaw would be to take on another big contract. One that comes to my mind is Pryzbilla. He has a long contract and might be expandable with Oden, McRoberts, LaFrentz, Frye and Aldridge. They could dump around 8 milion of salary which is a lot.

Przybilla/Outlaw for Barry/Elson would work. So would Przybilla/ Webster for Barry/Elson

It woud leave Portland with:

Blake/ Jack
Roy/ Barry
Webster*/ Jones/ Miles
Aldridge/ Frye/ McRoberts
Oden/ Elson/ LaFrentz

... and 8 mio comming off the books

SA would have:

TP/Damon/ Vaughn
Manu/Fin
Bowen/ Outlaw*/ Udoka
TD/Horry/ Bonner
Przybilla/ Oberto

The big question is if those players would be worth taking on so much salary. I remember the Spurs were interested in Joel but his contract is really big. It would kill financial flexibility.

I think it is really unlikely to happen but that is the only scenario I could imagine the Blazers even think about moving one of their young wings.

* Webster and Outlaw are interchangeable

genomefreak13
02-12-2008, 05:00 AM
Having outlaw would be like having barry, so why bother swap them? They do the same things...barry I think is a better off in terms of playoff experience. Besides, It doesn't help our team in any significant way. Solve the problems and don't trade just to see what happens.

Killakobe81
02-12-2008, 09:49 AM
How dumb do you think the BLazers are?! Young teams like the BLazers, Jazz and even the Lakers ...are waiting for the Spurs to get old why would they make that deal?!

MI21
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM

Outlaw plays nothing like Artest.

They have opposite body types, Outlaw is tall for his position, Artest is not. One is a supreme athlete but not very strong... and the other is an average athlete and very strong. Outlaw relies on his midrange game, athleticism, slashing moves to the hoop and smart shot selection, specifically his midrange which has improved so much it is unbelievable. He must of worked so hard to improve that.

Artest relies on brute force, good footwork and crafty veteran type fakes and using his body to gain the advantage on his defender and is a known offense breaker due to his bad shots. Offensively, they are almost opposites.

Defensively, Artest is intimidating and strong with good hands, good anticipation and good balance. Outlaw is quick, jumpy and good laterally.

GW, they are really almost complete opposites!

Ghost Writer
02-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice blast :tu

That's closer to the GW I remember. Seriously though, teams looking to shed salary are the ones that could use an expiring contract. Unless you want to take back Darius Miles, I don't think Portland is looking to dump anyone.

Perhaps you'd take Miles. He's certainly a balla.
Miles blows.

D@mmit... you can tell I am desperate for an injection of youth and athleticism on this team. I want an able-bodied defender who can block a few shots!

Any realistic trade scenarios out there?

P.S.

I hear you guys, but if you look at Portland's roster, they really don't have any championship experience or reliable 3-point shooting. I know this idea of Barry for Outlaw is a reach at best. I'm trying.

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Barry + Elson for Eddy Curry?

MI21
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I will add that I like the idea of Outlaw, or James Jones for that matter. I think they are invested in Webster, high-ish draft pic, hometown product and an absolute pure shooter. He is probably the least impressive of the 3 at the moment, but he has the potential to turn into the best scorer, for sure. With Oden and Aldridge on the inside for the future, they probably value that potential more than whatever Outlaw or Jones can bring.

Ghost Writer
02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Eddie Curry is slow, does not pass out of the block and can't block shots. No.

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Eddie Curry is slow, does not pass out of the block and can't block shots. No.

Maybe he just refuses to do it?

Lz3DgQOL7JM

SenorSpur
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I will add that I like the idea of Outlaw, or James Jones for that matter. I think they are invested in Webster, high-ish draft pic, hometown product and an absolute pure shooter. He is probably the least impressive of the 3 at the moment, but he has the potential to turn into the best scorer, for sure. With Oden and Aldridge on the inside for the future, they probably value that potential more than whatever Outlaw or Jones can bring.

I seem to recall that James Jones will be an UFA this summer. Unless the Spurs really believe that need him now, they could probably wait until this summer - assuming they're really, really interested in him.

backtothebeat001
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
you know what a good trade would be? barry and elson for artest. if we can handle stephen jackson we can handle artest for the remainder of this year. it would work with the salaries and artest wants out. its perfect.

Ghost Writer
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
you know what a good trade would be? barry and elson for artest. if we can handle stephen jackson we can handle artest for the remainder of this year. it would work with the salaries and artest wants out. its perfect.
Where has this guy been for the last month?

I'm all for it, but the homers fear Artest.

He's worth the risk.

backtothebeat001
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah he would be playing for a championship team, wouldnt be stunting the growth of anyone playing behind him, and im sure jackson would talk to him that being with the spurs is good since he still stays tight with a lot of the players.

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
If Kings keep Bibby they don't need Barry. Mikki Moore is bad, but Elson isn't an upgrade either. That makes this trade Artest for an expiring and 3 million dollars burden.
Why should Kings do this trade?

It's publicly known that they can get at least Lee or Balkman if they trade Artest to the Knicks.

backtothebeat001
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
well it would give the kings the chance to play salmons and garcia more and cap room this summer for a decent power forward. they arent going to make the playoffs this year so they might as well let that group develop.

T Park
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
No thanks to a lunatic chemistry killer.

Ghost Writer
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
No thanks to a lunatic chemistry killer.
You said same thing about freeing Stephen Jackson.

coldsweat
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM

travis outlaw is only paid $4 million dollars per season till the 2009-10 season which is a true bargain considering his production and potential. why would they want to dump the contract? :rolleyes

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 05:59 PM
well it would give the kings the chance to play salmons and garcia more and cap room this summer for a decent power forward. they arent going to make the playoffs this year so they might as well let that group develop.

1)
If they want, they can sit Artest and play Salmons and Garcia as much as they want.

2)
Artest said he'll likely opt out after this season (link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Artest-accepts-he-ll-get-moved-as-trade-talk-hea?urn=nba%2C64539)). This means that Kings will have more cap room if they keep Artest than they would have if they traded him for Barry and Elson.