PDA

View Full Version : Miller either going to Miami or Dallas

Flo-Rida
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Mike Miller To Miami?: Pencil Mike Miller as the next guy traded, or so he believes. Miller has told people close to him that he fully expects to be traded before the Feb. 21st trade deadline, and according to sources close to the situation it's likely going to be to Miami for Jason Williams' ending contract or Ricky Davis depending on who you talk to. Nothing is ever done until it's done, but if Miami does trigger the deal, the HEAT will have radically improved themselves without ever hitting free agency. Why would Memphis consider such a move? Word is the Grizz would get cash from Miami in the deal and ultimately buyout Jason shedding yet another guaranteed deal and setting up the Grizz to be one of the biggest players in free agency (and likely Chicago's biggest nemesis in keeping Ben Gordon). The HEAT are not the only team with eyes for Mike Miller, there are other suitors (Miller could be Dallas' fallback plan). It seems if the HEAT and Grizz are serious about a deal, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of it happening before the 21st.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Findog
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Man, I'd love Miller, but I don't know what we have that they'd want.

Flo-Rida
02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Damn getting rid of Ricky Davis would be nice

m33p0
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Miami! Go To Miami! Dude, You Need A Tan!

JamStone
02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Doesn't make much sense for Miami. They're covered at 2-guard and small forward with Wade, Marion, Daequan Cook, and Dorell Wright. Two solid starters and two young, decent back-ups. Even if they want to run, Marion still isn't that great of an idea to be slid down to power forward. Miami would be better off going hard after a guy like Charlie Villanueva who at least has the size and length to match up with PFs on a more consistent basis.

DazedAndConfused
02-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Miami would be a good fit.

Wade - SG
Marion - PF
Miller - SF

They can all run up and down. Exciting young core.

JamStone
02-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Good fit for what? Excitement? For a team that won a championship less than two years ago? With a player like Wade, you build a foundation for team success not fan entertainment.

DazedAndConfused
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Riley wants to embrace a more uptempo style than what he had with Shaq. I can't think of two better players than Marion and Miller for that kind of system. If they can draft a good PG and manage to get a good C they will have a solid roster.

kingsfan
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Dam I thought you were talking about Brad, got me all freaked out for a minute.

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Dam I thought you were talking about Brad, got me all freaked out for a minute.

I might :vomit: if Brad Miller was a Mav

703 Spurz
02-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Miami is one of the shittiest teams in the league, why the fuck would they be trading for someone? Don't shitty teams usually have a fire sale and start over rather then acquiring talent?

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Miami would be a good fit.

Wade - SG
Marion - PF
Miller - SF

They can all run up and down. Exciting young core.

Beasley