PDA

View Full Version : No thread about Kansas at Texas tonight?

tlongII
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Whatupwitdat?

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 09:09 PM
http://groups.ku.edu/~cmenc/jayhawk.jpg

This should be a good game!!!

spursRgay
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Connor Fuckin Atchley

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
This should be a good game!!!
Understatement of the evening!

I don't watch much college ball besides the Tourney...but this has been fantastic so far!

EarlBoykinsDynasty
02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
No becuase they are both overrated i can beat both team 1 on 10 any day of the week.

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
come on texas. ksu is about to take ovr the big 12

LaMarcus Bryant
02-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm so sick of Texas fending for dear life against these well balanced teams.

Why is it so hard to recruit a normal sized shooting guard, A small forward, and a normal sized power forward?

LaMarcus Bryant
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
:lmao Question.....DJ Augustin is quickly cementing himself as:

A) the worst "Greatest point guard in the league" of all time

or

B) the biggest abortion of a mcdonald's high school all american recruit of all time

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
C'mon Kansas......shit.....

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Kansas state is looking really sexy right now.. :fro

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Kansas will win in OT!!!

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Kansas state is looking really sexy right now.. :fro
They're 17-5. Thats not Sexy!

Doug Collins
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM

or

B) the biggest abortion of a mcdonald's high school all american recruit of all time
:hang

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM

Nah but that big 12 title sure is.

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Nah but that big 12 title sure is.
eh.... That's one reason I never got into college Sports all that much. Too much going for the divisional Championship as a goal...and not the outright title.

Here in Mich, I get so tired about all the 'we won the Big 10...Rose Bowl baby!" talk.

K-State Spur
02-11-2008, 11:11 PM

1st place is.

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
chalmers is a punk

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Abrams is clutch.

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh well. Looks like a loss. Fun game to watch though!

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Augustin..

dallaskd
02-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Game!

LaMarcus Bryant
02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm officially looking forward to seeing DJ leave us after this season. I'd rather us have a one dimensional gimmick offense with a shitty point guard like Royal Ivey or his successor Justin Mason than a one dimensional gimmick offense with an overrated mcdonalds high school all american whose nuts are garbled by every national broadcast of the season.

K-State Spur
02-11-2008, 11:45 PM

or

B) was retired by Neil Fingleton.

johngateswhiteley
02-12-2008, 12:42 AM
...huge win for t.u.....i'm not shocked, but definitely surprised.

MajorMike
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Freaky part is, it looked to me like UT played a bad game... and still won.

Kermit
02-12-2008, 09:28 AM

D.J. played a bad game. Horrible.

Everyone else played balls out. I'm starting to agree with L.A. on the overhypedness of the Longhorns point guard. If he would just run the offense and not look for his shot every fucking time...

degenerate_gambler
02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
ho hum...just another win against a top 10 team.

best not enjoy this one too long or baylor will have that ass in waco saturday.

Ballcox
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Damn impressive, I was expecting more of a letdown game from us after that performance against Iowa St. on Saturday.

The best sign for this team is that we're getting more balanced scoring instead of relying on DJ so much, he hasn't hit shit in the last 2 games so that's a good thing.

Connor goest 4-4 from 3pt. range, James has a great second half, Abrams makes clutch shots, Mason doing his best impersonation of Royal Ivey and then some, other role players chipping in with hustle plays, exactly what we needed to beat a great Kansas team.

The scary part to me is that if DJ can get his offensive game going in addition to how he's starting to set up more of his teammates.........man, this team could be POTENT. Great win, 3 W's against top 10 teams this season. Hook'em!

ReggieF
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Barnes has really gotten creative with his X's and O's. Play #1 DJ you dribble up top for 15 seconds then drive to the basket, throw soemthing up and hope some one gets an offensive rebound, if that gold mine is not working try play #2, DJ dribble up top for 15 seconds then drive to the basket, get shut off and then pass to someone who has to take a contested jumper and hope for an offensive rebound.

ReggieF
02-12-2008, 10:32 AM

after watching OSU can you even tell what bad basketball looks like anymore? I do agree with you though.

Ballcox
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Barnes has really gotten creative with his X's and O's. Play #1 DJ you dribble up top for 15 seconds then drive to the basket, throw soemthing up and hope some one gets an offensive rebound, if that gold mine is not working try play #2, DJ dribble up top for 15 seconds then drive to the basket, get shut off and then pass to someone who has to take a contested jumper and hope for an offensive rebound.

I see your point, there is still too much of the DJ dribble and make something/anything happen on the offensive end going on. But what I also did see was more of Mason handling the ball at the point, more pick and roll activity. The feed by James to Connor for that dunk was a great example of good ball movement.

Earlier in the season, if DJ would have bee shut out offensively like he was last night, we would have lost the game-no question. BUT, last night he didn't prodcue offensively and we had enough other guys contributing to still beat a top 5 team, that is a sign of improvement.

Another thing, rebounding by UT in the 2nd half was damn good. Kansas didn't get many 2nd chance looks at all, something they thrive on to produce points.

Herschel Walker
02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
The frontcourt played impressively but Augustine looking horrible does not bode well for the future. Too much dribbling, the reason it looks like they play bad is because their offensive sets suck and they take a lot of shots out of rhythm. They could be very effective in a true motion offense instead of basically just getting DJ the ball and running AJ down the baseline on double screen after double screen. As is the team looks the best when Mason runs point and both AJ and DJ are running off ball screens.

K-State Spur
02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
after watching OSU can you even tell what bad basketball looks like anymore? I do agree with you though.

texas got out and defended better than i have seen them at any point this year, so i wouldn't say they played a 'bad game'. augustin was certainly off, but KU did have the horses to D him up.

Whisky Dog
02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
The frontcourt played impressively but Augustine looking horrible does not bode well for the future. Too much dribbling, the reason it looks like they play bad is because their offensive sets suck and they take a lot of shots out of rhythm. They could be very effective in a true motion offense instead of basically just getting DJ the ball and running AJ down the baseline on double screen after double screen. As is the team looks the best when Mason runs point and both AJ and DJ are running off ball screens.

Pretty good point. Like I've said before, DJ logging monster minutes is going to kill the team in March when you really need your PG to be playing strong ball. You don't win in the tourney after the 1st round if your PG is sucking. I actually find the absolutely horrible shot selection comical when Augustine dribbles up with 30 on the shot clock and launches an off balance 3 from 26 ft. It's an odd team because they have a lot of talent and have beaten a lot of really good teams this year, but the way they waste possessions is horrible. They are capable of beating anyone in the country on any given day, but if they get wild offensively or lax defensively they get beaten by shit teams like Mizzou.

MajorMike
02-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Yea, OSU played it when they lost by 1 or 2 to UT. I think we covered the spread, tho.

ReggieF
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Yea, OSU played it when they lost by 1 or 2 to UT. I think we covered the spread, tho.

the little Sutton mantra