PDA

View Full Version : Ploto, Rasho, and the number ONE

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Key rebound bouncing off the floor in front of Rasho torwards the end of the game was simply classic Nesterosoft. A few years after the trade and finally his rebounding is paying off for the Spurs.

One Rebound. Classic.

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Key rebound bouncing off the floor in front of Rasho torwards the end of the game was simply classic Nesterosoft. A few years after the trade and finally his rebounding is paying off for the Spurs.

One Rebound. Classic.
How in the hell could've Rasho got that one. He had inside position boxing out Duncan and that was a long rebound.

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 09:49 PM
How in the hell could've Rasho got that one. He had inside position boxing out Duncan and that was a long rebound.Long rebound = rebound hitting the floor underneath the basket?

T Park
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM
As many rebounds as Francisco Elson.

1 more than a dead guy.

No question worth the 9 million.

Solid D
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Rasho was busy bending and boxing out until his lips turned blue.

exstatic
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Actually, I've usually thought of the Number Two when I think of Rasho...

anakha
02-11-2008, 09:53 PM
After all the bitching ploto did yesterday, wonder where she is now? :lol

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Long rebound = rebound hitting the floor underneath the basket?
What game did you watch? The ball landed just on the 3pt line.
Or are you talking about another play?

Hemotivo
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
:lol

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
After all the bitching ploto did yesterday, wonder where she is now? :lol
she was in the game thread. Can't accuse her of hiding

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Seriously though simply watching the ball bounce in front of Rasho right underneath the rim with about 44 seconds left to go was priceless. You can't put a price tag on such a classic Nesterosoft moment. AMIRITE?

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 09:56 PM
What game did you watch? The ball landed just on the 3pt line.
Or are you talking about another play?We're dealing with the number one here but it is ok to put 2 and 2 together.

picnroll
02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Long rebound = rebound hitting the floor underneath the basket?
For Rasho yes.

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Seriously though simply watching the ball bounce in front of Rasho right underneath the rim with about 44 seconds left to go was priceless. You can't put a price tag on such a classic Nesterosoft moment. AMIRITE?
ok, you are talking the bosh shot. I thought you were talking about the manu shot

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
ok, you are talking the bosh shot. I thought you were talking about the manu shotNah it was the Bosh shot where the rebound hit the floor before anyone grabbed it.

Solid D
Actually, it was on the Bosh shot and Rasho was locked up with Timmy. Rasho got his elbow up into Timmy and Timmy locked arms on him and kept Rasho from getting to the ball. Tim created that rebound for Gino to gather up off the floor.

timvp
The Raptors have a collection of soft bigmen. Vaughn and Stoudamire would get switched off onto bigs and they'd just take a step back jump shot from about 20.

Rasho had a couple of nice defensive plays but yeah ..... it reminded me of old times of when Rasho would watch a player half his size get a rebound right next time him.

He was a pretty good rebounder his first year with the Spurs but since then he stopped rebounding. Luckily for him though he plays behind Bargnani who might be the worst rebounding center of all time. Raptor fans see Rasho as their Dennis Rodman compared to Bargnani.

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Nah it was the Bosh shot where the rebound hit the floor before anyone grabbed it.
yeah I just replayed it.
But it's unfair to talk about his rebounding outing and not mention his good defense on Duncan

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Actually, it was on the Bosh shot and Rasho was locked up with Timmy. Rasho got his elbow up into Timmy and Timmy locked arms on him and kept Rasho from getting to the ball. Tim created that rebound for Gino to gather up off the floor.
Edit

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Raptor fans see Rasho as their Dennis Rodman compared to Bargnani.

Wow.

ploto
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I am proud of the game that Rasho played tonight. He did an excellent job defensively on Duncan, frustrating him so much so that Duncan was whining to the refs on both ends of the floor about Rasho. In the time that Rasho was in the game, Tim only had 3 rebounds and 6 points. I laughed when I saw Duncan try to trash talk Rasho when Duncan finally made a basket in the fourth quarter. I have never been concerend with how many rebounds one player gets. Rasho's job first and foremost is to keep Tim off the glass and he did a good job of that. Tim had 10 rebounds when Rasho was on the bench, as compared to the 3 when Rasho was in the game.

Rasho had a couple of key baskets in the fourth quarter, too. The Raptors are simply a better team when Rasho is on the floor. I give Mike Evans alot of credit for having the guts to bench Andrea and play Rasho the last 15 minutes of the game.

I am very proud of my Raptors. On a night when their Big Three were non-existent- Bosh, Ford, and Bargnani- and Manu had an unbelievable game, the Raptors still had a chance late in the game against the defending NBA champs. They never gave up. They fought back from an 18 point second half deficit and cut the lead to 3 on of all things, a Rasho lay-up!

The Raptors are a young team and because of that, they are very inconsistent. They play in spurts; they play in waves. When they have it all together, they are a great team, but it is not that way every night. On a pretty off night for them, they still fought down to the wire against a championship team.

PS. I hope people understand now why so many of us love Jose.

Solid D
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I am proud of the game that Rasho played tonight. He did an excellent job defensively on Duncan

True statement. Rasho did a very good job on Tim.

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I have never been concerend with how many rebounds one player gets

Not when its Rasho noooo.

exstatic
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I have never been concerend with how many rebounds one player gets
You seem awfully concerned at how many Tim had.

anakha
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
You seem awfully concerned at how many Tim had.

ploto
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
It is interesting to see people talking about Rasho's rebounding, as he is actually having a good season offensive rebounding-wise. He even has a higher offensive rebounding rate per minute this season than Duncan and Oberto. It was his offensive rebounds his first year with the Spurs that gave him good rebounding numbers.

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
:lmao

The guy sucks.

THe only thing he can do is clog the paint and guard a big center like Shaq.

Other than that, the guy is worthless.

If he wasn't 7 foot, he would be some dude in slovenia.

exstatic
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
BTW, 3 > 1

Oh, and pluto? If Colangelo the Younger could find anyone as STUPID as he was, Frankenstein would be out of there faster than light, and they'd pack his shit and send it after him. You could then transfer your vitriolic hatred to the Raps, and forever haunt their message boards and tell them how they'll miss Rasho.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-11-2008, 10:33 PM
True statement. Rasho did a very good job on Tim.
In the second half he did step up against Timmy and forced a couple tough shots.

But taht one rebound that Manu picked up in the 4th from the floor, was kinda confusing, :lol

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 10:45 PM

The guy sucks.

THe only thing he can do is clog the paint and guard a big center like Shaq.

Other than that, the guy is worthless.

If he wasn't 7 foot, he would be some dude in slovenia.
isn't that why he was brought in SA. To counter Shaq?

I just don't understand all the hate for Rasho. Of course he was dissapointing with his soft finishes around the rim and lack of rebounding but the guy has been all class while in SA and even after.
His defense was always good, you could always count on him to alter shots. If we had him tonight, Calderon wouldn't have had a layup party.
His screen setting in the P&R was great, he found ways to be effective in many ways that did not translate on the stat sheet (it's not enough for his contract you'll tell me, I agree. But it's not enough a blame to still make threads mocking him years after he left.) The reason I like the spurs players it the way they conduct themselves and Rasho was all class.
He gets so much heat for his contract like Malik which I think is unfair.

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
He got heat for his contract cause he didn't produce even close to what he did his contract year in Minnesota.

10 and 8.

No one in SA wanted that. Just 8 and 8.

Thats all I asked from him.

He couldn't even do that.

His pathetic performances in the playoffs as well cemented his legacy as a big stiff in san antonio.

ploto
02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
While Andrea had a bad night, he did have one great play!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080212/capt.414751b9e72046c4bf4177fd97174b61.spurs_raptor s_basketball_fng101.jpg

td4mvp21
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080212/capt.414751b9e72046c4bf4177fd97174b61.spurs_raptor s_basketball_fng101.jpg

Definitely something to celebrate.

Warlord23
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
It is interesting to see people talking about Rasho's rebounding, as he is actually having a good season offensive rebounding-wise. He even has a higher offensive rebounding rate per minute this season than Duncan and Oberto. It was his offensive rebounds his first year with the Spurs that gave him good rebounding numbers.

:lmao Offensive rebounding rate ... how long did it take you to try and find anything of value in that eyesore of a stat sheet that Rasho has?

How bad are you if you are 7 feet tall and the 3rd highest paid player on your team and struggle to average 4 PPG/4 RPG? How pathetic are you when you're the 8th best defensive rebounder on your team? How hopeless are you when you get paid Marcus Camby money and produce less than Matt Bonner? That's right, you're Rasho Nesterovic bad

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM

Nothing like pushing off to keep from getting blocked.

T Park
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
How hopeless are you when you get paid Marcus Camby money and produce less than Matt Bonner? That's right, you're Rasho Nesterovic bad

If I were Marcus Camby I'd be pissed at that

anakha
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM

We need a 'grasping at straws' emoticon or picture on this board ASAP. :lol

MannyIsGod
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
How hopeless are you when you get paid Marcus Camby money and produce less than Matt Bonner? That's right, you're Rasho Nesterovic badOh snap.

I have to contemplate this for a bit - but that might be sig worthy.

ajh18
02-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I would love to have Rasho back... at 3 million a year. I'd rather have him than Elson. He just isn't worth that contract we gave him.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Exstatic has had some pretty nice blasts in this thread. Rasho brought out his "A" game.

san antonio spurs
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
He got heat for his contract cause he didn't produce even close to what he did his contract year in Minnesota.

10 and 8.

No one in SA wanted that. Just 8 and 8.

Thats all I asked from him.

He couldn't even do that.

His pathetic performances in the playoffs as well cemented his legacy as a big stiff in san antonio.
First of all to get the facts straight he averaged his contract year 11.2 and 6.5.
In MIN he averaged 5.1 Rebounds and 6.7PPG.
With the spurs he averaged 6 rebounds and 6.3 PPG.
I don't even like the guy but before you open your mouth you should've known that the guy wasnt an 8 and 8 in the NBA.
Pop evaluated him, knew what he could do and gave him THAT contract. You should blame pop and not Rasho.
He played the way he could and can't be held accountable of not fullfilling your fantasies.
You people should let the guy alone by now.

exstatic
02-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Exstatic has had some pretty nice blasts in this thread. Rasho brought out his "A" game.
Oh, thank God. Someone got my "number two" reference.

ploto
02-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Pop evaluated him, knew what he could do and gave him THAT contract. You should blame pop and not Rasho.
He played the way he could and can't be held accountable of not fullfilling your fantasies.

I think this is the thing that I least understand about Spurs fans and how they are toward certain players. You have guys who the Spurs chose- who the Spurs signed- and when they do not turn out to be what you wanted, you blame the player instead of the team that signed them. If Rasho had not worked hard, had been a player with a bad attitude, had done anything out of character for what the Spurs knew of him when they signed him, then blast away. But Rasho was who he has been and always will be. Nothing he did on and with the Spurs was any different than what he did on Minnesota or what he does in Toronto. I don't blame Nick Van Exel. He played how he could. At least with Beno, I understand because people think he did not work hard enough. But Elson is Elson- who he has been and who he will continue to be. To expect anything more is unrealistic and really unfair.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 01:44 AM
I'll never blame a player for taking a big contract.

I'll never blame a GM for shipping out a player who isn't worth the money he is being paid either.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Saying Rasho sucks =! blame.

Rasho sucks. You suck. I don't blame you for sucking, I know its who you are.

RADECK
02-12-2008, 04:09 AM
With Elson and Oberto on roster i wouldn't make jokes on Rasho. He's still superman for both of them and he plays very good defence.

Sometimes you folks here are just pathetic. I think that you need to be worried about how Spurs play, not about Rasho rebound(s);)

timvp
02-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Spurs fans on this board never had too much of a problem with Rasho after he left. However, ploto has turned many a Spurs fan into a Rasho hater. The reason why Rasho and the Raptors are hated on this board is pretty clear.

Rasho was actually pretty well respected by most people on the forum at the end of his stay.

RADECK
02-12-2008, 04:27 AM
I know that he looks like sloth sometimes, but i still respect him for being fair sportsman, always worked hard and some people coments here are reason of their weak peronality.

And if ploto have so much influence on people opinion this is sad, very sad.

polandprzem
02-12-2008, 04:39 AM
However, ploto has turned many a Spurs fan into a Rasho hater.

ploto got some powers

haha :stirpot:

SouthernFried
02-12-2008, 06:07 AM
If a ball hits the floor under the basket..that means you've actually blocked your guy out from getting it and created space under the basket. If your blocking out, that means your guy is on your back, the ball is bouncing in front of you...not them. It should be easier for your team to get it. The fact that the Spurs got that ball, means that someone ELSE wasn't blocking their guy out.

It's a good block out drill to see how long you can stop a guy from getting a ball with them on your back. Not saying Rasho is a rebounding machine...but, did you see the lane he made for one of his guys to make a layup? Kept Tim on his back and literally backed Timmy out of the lane for an uncontested layup. Timmy was pissed waving at the refs...as if it was somehow unfair what Rasho did.

Rasho is unatheletic and doesn't move well, which contributes to why he isn't a rebounding machine and not the best 1 on 1 defender. But the man definetly understands how to use his body and the concept of blocking out.

wildchild
02-12-2008, 07:11 AM
With Elson and Oberto on roster i wouldn't make jokes on Rasho. He's still superman for both of them and he plays very good defence.

Sometimes you folks here are just pathetic. I think that you need to be worried about how Spurs play, not about Rasho rebound(s);)

damn. What's wrong with Oberto last night? Bring him a break.

Oberto > Rasho.

Oberto's passing> Rasho.

Oberto's IQ basketball> Rasho.

Oberto's defense on Bosh > Rasho's defense on Duncan

Oberto's offensive and rebounds last night> Rasho's points and rebounds

Oberto with 3 million per year > Rasho with 8/year

ploto
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Rasho was actually pretty well respected by most people on the forum at the end of his stay.
While you may have respected him, we all know how untrue this statement is.

exstatic
02-12-2008, 08:57 AM
While you may have respected him, we all know how untrue this statement is.
Nice selective quote. I think the part you omitted is 100% true. No one really HATED Rasho here until you came in on your one woman anti-Spurs Rasho is the Second Coming Jihad.

10-tka
02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
the spurs team is funny
bunch of all guys and no basketball
die hard:)

RADECK
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
damn. What's wrong with Oberto last night? Bring him a break.

Oberto > Rasho.

Oberto's passing> Rasho.

Oberto's IQ basketball> Rasho.

Oberto's defense on Bosh > Rasho's defense on Duncan

Oberto's offensive and rebounds last night> Rasho's points and rebounds

Oberto with 3 million per year > Rasho with 8/year

Rasho > Oberto

Oberto (APG 1,2, PPG 5,2, MPG 21,5 - Career: APG 0,8, PPG 3,8, MPG 15,6)

Rasho (APG 1,0, PPG 4,2, MPG 16,4 - Career: APG 1,0, PPG 6,7, MPG 23,3)

Oberto's IQ basketball > Rasho - you got to be kidding:)

Rasho's defense --------------------> Oberto's defense

Rasho : Years Pro:9 -----------------------> Oberto : Years Pro:2

Don't expect Oberto will ever be payed 8M :nope

OBERTO :reading

http://pilecki.homestead.com/rasho_doctored.jpg

ThomasGranger
02-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Oberto in the playoffs > Rasho in the playoffs

RADECK
02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Oberto playoff stats : 27 games, PPG 4.5, REB 3.8, AST 1.8, MPG 16.6
Rasho playoff stats : 59 games, PPG 3.9, REB 3.7, AST 0.6, MPG 17.3

Not big difference

ploto
02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
No one really HATED Rasho here until you came in on your one woman anti-Spurs Rasho is the Second Coming Jihad.

It's amazing the hate Rasho gets on this board

No because 90% of the Spurs fan base has to be a "I Hate Rasho" member.

I think the real reason that most people hate Rasho is because, they like his stats, but he didn't do it in a manly fashion. I think everybody hates him because he didn't dunk all those shots and he decided to go backboard.

i hate rasho nestrovic with a passion

Yeah I hate Rasho

Yeah I hate Rasho and yes he's a seven foot vagina.

god damnit i hate rasho so much

yea i hate rasho SO WHAT?

God I hate Rasho Nesterovic...I really do.

Why doesn't Elson get the same hate Rasho got?

I hate him because he sucks.

Man! Why do you hate Rasho so much?

MI21
02-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, ploto has turned a few people off Rasho. A lot of people hate Kobe Bryant for similar reasons, his fans are annoying...

I was so-so on Rasho, but I appreciated things he did well, but also hated a lot of things he did not so well. I would welcome him back on the team if his salary was similar to that of Elson, simply because he is decent at defending the big players and he knows the system. $2-3M would be acceptable, anything more, no thanks.

PS - One thing that always pissed me off was how Rasho fans would act like the way he set screens was a big reason for TP being able to get into the lane. Laughable. He gets 2 rebounds in 20mins, BUT HE SETS GREAT SCREENS!!!.. Sure he did, but come on, most big men do, and none of Tony's stellar play was due to Rasho, quote him all you want but we all know players will talk well of there teammates to keep the peace :)

wildchild
02-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Rasho > Oberto

Oberto (APG 1,2, PPG 5,2, MPG 21,5 - Career: APG 0,8, PPG 3,8, MPG 15,6)

Rasho (APG 1,0, PPG 4,2, MPG 16,4 - Career: APG 1,0, PPG 6,7, MPG 23,3)

Oberto's IQ basketball > Rasho - you got to be kidding:)

Rasho's defense --------------------> Oberto's defense

Rasho : Years Pro:9 -----------------------> Oberto : Years Pro:2

Don't expect Oberto will ever be payed 8M :nope

OBERTO :reading

I'm not kidding. Oberto's big hands and his IQ basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rasho.

Oberto last night 4 asist, how many Rasho?

Oberto 5,2 ppg 5,6 rpg this season.
Rasho 4,2 ppg 3,8 rpg this season. (too bad for a 8/year player :rolleyes )

When does Rasho impress us in the playoffs as Oberto last year?
yeah :rolleyes Rasho had an amazing round like Fab against Utah.

Is Oberto's career bad?...well Rasho is an Olympic Champion as Oberto. :rolleyes

I respect Rasho but last year and this season Oberto>Rasho. :reading

SAGambler
02-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah, ploto has turned a few people off Rasho. A lot of people hate Kobe Bryant for similar reasons, his fans are annoying...

I was so-so on Rasho, but I appreciated things he did well, but also hated a lot of things he did not so well. I would welcome him back on the team if his salary was similar to that of Elson, simply because he is decent at defending the big players and he knows the system. $2-3M would be acceptable, anything more, no thanks.

PS - One thing that always pissed me off was how Rasho fans would act like the way he set screens was a big reason for TP being able to get into the lane. Laughable. He gets 2 rebounds in 20mins, BUT HE SETS GREAT SCREENS!!!.. Sure he did, but come on, most big men do, and none of Tony's stellar play was due to Rasho, quote him all you want but we all know players will talk well of there teammates to keep the peace :)

I never thought Rasho was so bad. What I do remember is that he really stepped up to the plate a lot when Duncan was sitting with an injury. I always felt that when Duncan played, he more or less defered to Duncan.

I also remember that Rasho was the one guy that could at least half assed handle Shaq and Yao. Yeah, he seemed soft most of the time, but he did have some really good games as a Spur.

Rasho isn't going to be a 14/14 guy, but then again who have we had at center since DRob that is?

E20
02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah, ploto has turned a few people off Rasho.
That does it pretty much for me, her and Angel Luv. The other sloveians Slomo, SLovenian Guy, etc.... are cool.

RADECK
02-12-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not kidding. Oberto's big hands and his IQ basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rasho.

Is Oberto's career bad?...well Rasho is an Olympic Champion as Oberto. :rolleyes

I was talking about career not only one season. And comparing national teams, Slovenia with 2M, Argentina with 40M....... God knows what would hapened if Slovenia had 40M citizens:), but we are playing qualifying tournament this year and Rasho still have chance to achieve that :)

I also respect Fab, but some argentinian players i respect more, Manu is one of them

ata
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Oberto with Rasho on the floor: 9:37 min, 2 pts (1/1), 2 fouls, +/- -1 (no assists, no rebouns). I see, Oberto is way better.

Generaly: I don't get any any fan of any given team who is able to hate(!) member of his own team.
I also don't get bashing team's ex-members. How does bashing Rasho help Spurs? Really?

Does Rasho deserves bashing and hating just because he was not chest-thumping pimp? He was (and is) great teammate, disciplined and quiet. He never asks for attention and is always ready to play for the team, not for his own stats.

And right now - I'd trade Bonner&Elson for Rasho in the moment (actually Elson+Barry would work)

ambchang
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Once again, a thread about international players has been reduced to a hostile war of words between citizens of the countries each player represents.

It is sad, really, because if Rasho wasn't Slovenian, he would be another hard-working BWS. Ploto, ask yourself this question, if Rasho was, say, American, would you care?

BTW, I liked Rasho when he was a Spurs, and I still like him. He gave his all on the floor (however limited it was), and played great team defense. He has to traded due to his contract, and that is none of his problem.

Warlord23
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice selective quote. I think the part you omitted is 100% true. No one really HATED Rasho here until you came in on your one woman anti-Spurs Rasho is the Second Coming Jihad.

QFT. Rasho was too insignificant to be hated in the first place. People kinda felt sorry for his slow, soft, awkward play. And bagged on him in the same way that 20 other teams' fans bag on their centers (Center is the most overpaid position in the NBA and it aint close).

Then you (ploto) come along with indignation that would be understandable if the Spurs had traded David Robinson! People really got tired of you dissing the current Spur centers and trying to compare Rasho favorably with them. No FO with any sense would pay Rasho 8 million to under-perform. Except the Raptors of course.

Your constant plugging of Rasho and the Raptors is what has irritated most of the fans on this board. The Rasho-nut-hugging is fine if you're going to swoon over his personality, looks et al (a la angel_luv), but using basketball arguments to try and position Rasho as a valuable commodity in this league is ridiculous.

Rasho sucks. For 8 million per year he is among the leaders in suckage per $. It is what it is. The Spurs don't need him or want him. So try and find a new angle please.

wildchild
02-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I also respect Fab, but some argentinian players i respect more, Manu is one of them

well some slovenian player I respect more, Beno is one? :lol

it's a joke. :lol

I love Manu but I don't love argies (I'm getting tired of argie's Scola thread or Tony's hater 'cause Manu...) and Oberto isn't my player favorite but I like him when he plays well and he had good games this season.

wildchild
02-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Oberto with Rasho on the floor: 9:37 min, 2 pts (1/1), 2 fouls, +/- -1 (no assists, no rebouns). I see, Oberto is way better.

Generaly: I don't get any any fan of any given team who is able to hate(!) member of his own team.
I also don't get bashing team's ex-members. How does bashing Rasho help Spurs? Really?

Does Rasho deserves bashing and hating just because he was not chest-thumping pimp? He was (and is) great teammate, disciplined and quiet. He never asks for attention and is always ready to play for the team, not for his own stats.

And right now - I'd trade Bonner&Elson for Rasho in the moment (actually Elson+Barry would work)

really?

Oberto last night -/+ +10 6p 7r 4ast
Rasho -2 6p 1r 1ast

san antonio spurs
02-12-2008, 10:56 AM
So ya'll saying you hate Rasho because of Rasho's fans. Do you realize how ludicrous it is??
If you want to see real sports fanatism how about the manu's church bunch? should we hate Manu then?? simply ignorant.

All I'm saying is that Pop signed Rasho to do what he does, which he did. He was a hard worker, classy guy and loyal to the spurs and should be remembered as such regardless of his fanbase.

wildchild
02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
So ya'll saying you hate Rasho because of Rasho's fans. Do you realize how ludicrous it is??If you want to see real sports fanatism how about the manu's church bunch? should we hate Manu then?? simply ignorant.

All I'm saying is that Pop signed Rasho to do what he does, which he did. He was a hard worker, classy guy and loyal to the spurs and should be remembered as such regardless of his fanbase.

who's? :wtf
Je ne suis la personne que vous recherchez.

angel_luv
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM

True.

I remember that nice goodbye thread you ( timvp) started for him and all the people who contributed to it.

As such, I ask this favor: that you all try to remember the things you liked about Rasho, if only for my sake.

angel_luv
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
http://pilecki.homestead.com/rasho_doctored.jpg

That's some excellent photo shopping. I'm not sure that even Rasho would recognize himself.

remingtonbo2001
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Angel Luv or Ploto....Is Rasho getting a bald spot in the front? I thougt I noticed it during last night's game but wasn't sure.

BTW...Funny pic, although I think a mullet would have suited him better.

angel_luv
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Angel Luv or Ploto....Is Rasho getting a bald spot in the front? I thougt I noticed it during last night's game but wasn't sure.

BTW...Funny pic, although I think a mullet would have suited him better.

Yea, he is.

My friends have been telling me for a long time that Sho was losing his hair but I would never believe them.

But the other day I was showing a friend some of my Spurs pictures and saw that my friends were right.
Luckily for Sho, he's tall so, except for when he is on television, who is going to notice? :)

remingtonbo2001
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, hopefully with that fat contract he can get some hair restoration surgry when he's done playing.

Or maybe he likes the bald look, some chicks dig that. :rolleyes

CubanMustGo
02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Oberto playoff stats : 27 games, PPG 4.5, REB 3.8, AST 1.8, MPG 16.6
Rasho playoff stats : 59 games, PPG 3.9, REB 3.7, AST 0.6, MPG 17.3

Not big difference

Salary:
Oberto $3M
Rasho $8M

BIG DIFFERENCE (not to mention Oberto having 3x the assists)

Warlord23
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Also, let's talk about what they are doing this year rather than pulling up career stats:

Oberto: 5.2 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.30 BPG, 0.54 StlPG, FGP 62.4%
Rasho: 4.2 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.53 BPG, 0.24 StlPG, FGP 50.0%

Not even close.

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, let's talk about what they are doing this year rather than pulling up career stats:

Oberto: 5.2 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.30 BPG, 0.54 StlPG, FGP 62.4%
Rasho: 4.2 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.53 BPG, 0.24 StlPG, FGP 50.0%

Not even close.

You forgot one important stat:
Oberto: 21.5 MPG
Rasho: 16.4 MPG

diego
02-12-2008, 12:17 PM
BTW, I liked Rasho when he was a Spurs, and I still like him. He gave his all on the floor (however limited it was), and played great team defense. He has to traded due to his contract, and that is none of his problem.

co-sign.

and for the people arguing oberto vs rasho, at 3m vs 8m, oberto wins hands down.

ploto
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I highly doubt anyone else on this board spent 2 1/2 years attending Spurs games to have supposed Spurs fans come up to them on a regular basis to make sure to tell them to their face how much they hated Rasho. Until you have done that, you really have no context within which to comment.

Warlord23
02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
You forgot one important stat:
Oberto: 21.5 MPG
Rasho: 16.4 MPG

Oberto plays 21.5 MPG because he is good enough to stay on the court that long. Rasho is not, he's a liability on the court.

SlovenianGuy
02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Oberto plays 21.5 MPG because he is good enough to stay on the court that long. Rasho is not, he's a liability on the court.

Oberto is competing for his minutes wit Bonner and Elson.

Rasho is competing for his playing time with Bargnani, who was 1st pick in the 2006 draft.

sabar
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
You guys should post relevant stats

Oberto: 1 rebound per $0.79 million, 1 point per $0.67 million
Rasho: 1 rebound per $2.16 million, 1 point per $2.06 million

Kermit
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I highly doubt anyone else on this board spent 2 1/2 years attending Spurs games to have supposed Spurs fans come up to them on a regular basis to make sure to tell them to their face how much they hated Rasho. Until you have done that, you really have no context within which to comment.

They read your Rasho takes on Spurstalk. Hell, I hate Rasho now and he's a pretty likable guy.

ploto
02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
They read your Rasho takes on Spurstalk. Hell, I hate Rasho now and he's a pretty likable guy.
Sorry, but I was not even a member here until Rasho's last season on the Spurs.

Kermit
02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sure it's enough.

ploto
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm sure it's enough.
Enough for people to do something to me in 2004 and 2005 before I ever even posted here. The things I posted in 2007 somehow retroactively caused something years before. Good trick.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Do something to you?

baseline bum
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I didn't like signing Rasho in '03 because I thought he was soft and couldn't grab a board. I was a critic of that signing the whole 02-03 season, because I knew that's where the team would go with its money if Kidd said no.

Still, I respected the guy once he was here. He always worked hard and was a positive guy for our locker room, and Pop loved him. He always played very well whenever Tim was injured. He was more an offensive player when the Spurs just needed someone nasty who could grab a rebound though, and signing him was a huge mistake. You're not going to pull an all-time great off the block a lot to open opportunities for a lesser player, even if he is capable (it makes you wonder if the Rasho experiment was a big reason for the team not bringing in Scola).

sendman
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
If a ball hits the floor under the basket..that means you've actually blocked your guy out from getting it and created space under the basket. If your blocking out, that means your guy is on your back, the ball is bouncing in front of you...not them. It should be easier for your team to get it. The fact that the Spurs got that ball, means that someone ELSE wasn't blocking their guy out.

It's a good block out drill to see how long you can stop a guy from getting a ball with them on your back. Not saying Rasho is a rebounding machine...but, did you see the lane he made for one of his guys to make a layup? Kept Tim on his back and literally backed Timmy out of the lane for an uncontested layup. Timmy was pissed waving at the refs...as if it was somehow unfair what Rasho did.

Rasho is unatheletic and doesn't move well, which contributes to why he isn't a rebounding machine and not the best 1 on 1 defender. But the man definetly understands how to use his body and the concept of blocking out.
Don't even try! Majority of these so called bball experts that are running their mouth off left and right didn't touch real basketball. Your attempt to explain boxing out to this morons is futile. Only stat they understand is number of points and dunks. Yeah and some of them are able to count rebounds to.

Kermit
02-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Do something to you?
A boo for Rasho is a boo for Ploto. It breaks her heart.

http://farkandfunk.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/crying-girl.jpg

spurschick
02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
As such, I ask this favor: that you all try to remember the things you liked about Rasho, if only for my sake.

For you and Rashofan's sake. :toast

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Do something to you?

This may get me banned, but so be it.

Yes, two different instances where a group of people from this site did something to me without knowing who I was and not knowing that I knew who they were.

Plus, a couple of individual encounters with people who I recognized from their pictures posted here.

Word gets around when people post reports of goings-on, places, times, photos... You never know who was there or who saw things and heard things and passed it on to others.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
So you're saying Rasho is stalking us? Now you're playing the cryptic victim? I guess it doens't matter because YOU know the truth, right?

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
So you're saying Rasho is stalking us?
I didn't say anything about Rasho doing anything...

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Why would you get banned for saying essentially nothing?

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Rasho is talking you!!!!!
Are you...sure?

Phenomanul
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM

Yes, two different instances where a group of people from this site did something to me without knowing who I was and not knowing that I knew who they were.

Plus, a couple of individual encounters with people who I recognized from their pictures posted here.

Word gets around when people post reports of goings-on, places, times, photos... You never know who was there or who saw things and heard things and passed it on to others.

Why would that get you banned?

Basketball is basketball and shouldn't overflow into life... especially not with hostility or violence.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Why would that get you banned?

Basketball is basketball and shouldn't overflow into life... especially not with hostility or violence.Until proven otherwise I'm sure she probably wore some Rasho gear to a game and someone told her that Rasho sucked and maybe even heckled her. I'm 99% certain there was no violence involved.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM

So, what does this mean?? You went to GTG's incognito? Several people from the forum (me included) know exactly who you are and have seen you many times at Spurs games. I would think I'd recognize you if you were at a GTG spying. (Unless you came in a disguise.)

T Park
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
:lol @ the thought of Ploto coming in a trenchcoat and those glasses with the big nose and mustache.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
By the way, I think the Spurs miss Rasho right now. I'd like to have on the team for cheap. Too bad he doesn't come cheap.

anakha
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Don't even try! Majority of these so called bball experts that are running their mouth off left and right didn't touch real basketball. Your attempt to explain boxing out to this morons is futile. Only stat they understand is number of points and dunks. Yeah and some of them are able to count rebounds to.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5325/72324165ps3.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=72324165ps3.jpg)

Still butthurt, I see.

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
You went to GTG's incognito? Several people from the forum (me included) know exactly who you are and have seen you many times at Spurs games. I would think I'd recognize you if you were at a GTG spying. (Unless you came in a disguise.)

I have never been to a GTG. I know that you know who I am. I know who on here knows who I am.

One happened at a Spurs away game-- you were not there-- and one happened at a GTG after which someone from here told me about it. People have big mouths about the things they do.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I remember throwing D-cells at anyone I saw in a Slovenian national jersey one game, but really -- they couldn't take that personally.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
:lol @ the so called nice to a fault Pluto trying to make the most veiled of threats. I'm not even sure whats she's trying to threaten either. She probably has pictures of Timvp doing table dances and plans to use them to threaten Kori's celebrity career.

T Park
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
and one happened at a GTG after which someone from here told me about it

:wtf?

T Park
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I remember throwing D-cells at anyone I saw in a Slovenian national jersey one game, but really -- they couldn't take that personally

You bastard, I had a welt on my head for two weeks thanks to that.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
So someone did something to you at a GTG you did not actually attend?

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
... one happened at a GTG after which someone from here told me about it. People have big mouths about the things they do.

So, how did someone do something TO you at a GTG where you weren't there?

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
:lol @ the so called nice to a fault Pluto trying to make the most veiled of threats. I'm not even sure whats she's trying to threaten either. She probably has pictures of Timvp doing table dances and plans to use them to threaten Kori's celebrity career.
I did not make any sort of threat. What are you even talking about? There was something that went on that concerned ME that I was told about by someone from here. This person gives me no reason to distrust him or her.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
You bastard, I had a welt on my head for two weeks thanks to that.Sorry man, I was just trying to hit the jersey. I can't stand seeing that J in the country name.

Kori Ellis
Anyway, back on topic. Rasho did some good things in San Antonio. He never caused trouble. He was always in the right place on D (something Nazr/Elson can't duplicate). He never got in the way on O (read my last parenthesis comment). He just frankly wasn't worth $7M a year. And he was unaggressive and frustrating to watch many times. But I'd rather have him than Elson or Nazr at $3M.

timvp
I just read ploto's post and I came away more confused than when I started. Is she related to Pop? Talking and saying nothing is a difficult art to master.

She probably has pictures of Timvp doing table dances and plans to use them to threaten Kori's celebrity career.Ah ha. So that's what she's talking about.

:depressed

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I did not make any sort of threat. What are you even talking about? There was something that went on that concerned ME that I was told about by someone from here. This person gives me no reason to distrust him or her.

Was I at that GTG? I have never seen anything at a GTG that concerned you. Other than maybe someone saying, "I used to like Rasho, but ploto, angel and Rashofan make me hate him."

timvp
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM

*Inserts into Pop translator*

Angel Luv told me something someone said at a GTG.

That's all I got so far.

timvp
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyway, back on topic. Rasho did some good things in San Antonio. He never caused trouble. He was always in the right place on D (something Nazr/Elson can't duplicate). He never got in the way on O (read my last parenthesis comment). He just frankly wasn't worth $7M a year. And he was unaggressive and frustrating to watch many times. But I'd rather have him than Elson or Nazr at $3M.Good points.

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Was I at that GTG? I have never seen anything at a GTG that concerned you. Other than maybe someone saying, "I used to like Rasho, but ploto, angel and Rashofan make me hate him."
This was some time ago and was about me personally- not what I post as "ploto."

MannyIsGod
I did not make any sort of threat. What are you even talking about? There was something that went on that concerned ME that I was told about by someone from here. This person gives me no reason to distrust him or her.You mean that time we used a Ploto pinata bothered you?

E20
Yeah FUCK RASHO HIS ASS SUCKS!!!!!!! PWNZ3ED!!!!!!!!!

ploto
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM

That's all I got so far.
No, it was not Angel. I do not want people to get mad at her.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Better not be Angel Luv. Next time we'll make a pinata with HER face on it.

timvp
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
No, it was not Angel. I do not want people to get mad at her.

Son of a b!tch. How did you know it was Angel? You must die you stupid b@st@rd.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
This was some time ago and was about me personally- not what I post as "ploto."

Hmm ... I don't recall anything like that. I apologize to you on their behalf if it was something horrible.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Hmm ... I don't recall anything like that. I apologize to you on their behalf if it was something horrible.WTF are you apologizing for? Pluto provides some mythical event that we still dont' even know what it is and you're apologizing?

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
So ploto says nothing about something horrible that happened to her at an event she did not attend.

Bannable.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
WTF are you apologizing for? Pluto provides some mythical event that we still dont' even know what it is and you're apologizing?

If someone said/did something to her personally, then I apologize that. No one knows her personally and no matter what is said on the Internet, personal "real life" attacks suck.

That said, I honestly don't think it happened. (I don't think she's lying but maybe she's misinformed).

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Is Pluto upset over the KEDA Rasho voice?

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Is Pluto upset over the KEDA Rasho voice?
:lmao I actually thought of that already.

E20
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
You gotta be an emo butt hurt to get offended because somebody made fun of your favorite player.

sendman
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5325/72324165ps3.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=72324165ps3.jpg)

Still butthurt, I see.
I appreciate your sympathies. If anybody understand that kind of pain it's you.

Done any more lying lately?

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
If someone said/did something to her personally, then I apologize that. No one knows her personally and no matter what is said on the Internet, personal "real life" attacks suck.

That said, I honestly don't think it happened. (I don't think she's lying but maybe she's misinformed).I expect a billion aplogogies for all the real life attacks I have to endure at GTGs. They were not directed at MannyIsGod - they were directed at ME. And once Timvp propositioned me. Tha Horrah.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

SpursWoman
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
:lmao I actually thought of that already.

Maybe them referring to Chris as Rasho is blasphemous? :wtf

Kori Ellis
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I expect a billion aplogogies for all the real life attacks I have to endure at GTGs. They were not directed at MannyIsGod - they were directed at ME. And once Timvp propositioned me. Tha Horrah.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

People know you personally. So they can attack you personally, especially when you are such an ass :lmao

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I think Pluto should apoligize to us for having to endure Rasho's play.

E20
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
It's Ploto.

samikeyp
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM

Ok...unless Rasho is a member of your immediate family, you are taking this wayyyy too seriously.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
LOL the more I read that post the more its funny as hell.

T Park
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM

anakha
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I appreciate your sympathies. If anybody understand that kind of pain it's you.

Done any more lying lately?

Aw, is baby still going on about poor Beno being so misunderstood?

anakha
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
You gotta be an emo butt hurt to get offended because somebody made fun of your favorite player.

sendman, take note. :lol

sendman
02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
sendman, take note. :lol
anakha, take rat poison.
:hungry:

anakha
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
anakha, take rat poison.
:hungry:

Harry Callahan
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I think this is the thing that I least understand about Spurs fans and how they are toward certain players. You have guys who the Spurs chose- who the Spurs signed- and when they do not turn out to be what you wanted, you blame the player instead of the team that signed them. If Rasho had not worked hard, had been a player with a bad attitude, had done anything out of character for what the Spurs knew of him when they signed him, then blast away. But Rasho was who he has been and always will be. Nothing he did on and with the Spurs was any different than what he did on Minnesota or what he does in Toronto. I don't blame Nick Van Exel. He played how he could. At least with Beno, I understand because people think he did not work hard enough. But Elson is Elson- who he has been and who he will continue to be. To expect anything more is unrealistic and really unfair.

Rasho worked hard when he was here. The Spurs needed a center and the best one the SAS could realistically acquire (at that time) could be had with a somewhat pricey contract.

I think he conducted himself very professionally while in San Antonio.

In the 2003-2004 year, when Tim missed a number of games with a sprained ankle, Rasho actually put up some pretty good numbers.

He was asked to anchor the interior defense, and it was tough to score inside against the Spurs with Duncan and Rasho there. With TP, TD, and EG scoring the bulk of the points, it is difficult to have outstanding offensive numbers.

Rasho was not a complainer (like a certain countryman of his).

ShoogarBear
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
CIA ploto

:smokin

ploto
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM

That said, I honestly don't think it happened. (I don't think she's lying but maybe she's misinformed).
I really do not want to say much more- but the people involved did not know who I was. They did not realize that the person they were discussing was me. And what happened got back to me from someone who did know that this person being referred to was me. Does that make sense? I think that it was pretty easy to distinguish me from just about anyone else seen regularly at Spurs games at that time. It was apparent that I was the person being discussed.

Thank you for your apology- even though you do not owe me one.

As to the other incidences, I was seriously shocked to have supposed fans of a team make a point of telling someone how much they hated a member of that team- especially when I NEVER understood how some people could have hated Rasho that much. You would have thought he killed someone, the anger from Spurs fans. It changed my view of the fans of this team forever.

Ironically, I had people in opposing arenas be nicer to me than Spurs fans at the AT&T. I sat with a group of about 60 all-male Maverick fans during the play-offs in Dallas and had more fun and more comradery than at many Spurs games at home- and I was a vocal Spurs fan there. The craziest guy in the whole bunch after the game came over and shook my hand and told me what a great game it was. He also said he thought Dallas was better off with the Spurs going small and not playing Rasho. Not quite the same experience in SA that series where a guy yelled in my face what a waste Rasho was on the team, and he was a Spurs fan.

So, when anyone tries to tell me that no one hated Rasho when he was on the Spurs, they are sadly mistaken. Yes, I am admittedly defensive about him. And yes, I do enjoy the fact that the two players he was replaced with turned out to be "not-in-the-NBA-anymore" Butler and "useless" Elson. I told people the day Rasho got traded that Oberto would be the Spurs starting center and they laughed at me. And, yes, when I watch how much the Spurs interior defense sucks except for Duncan, I smile. And last night, I watched Rasho play Duncan defensively just about as good as anyone has all season, and I smiled. And people who claim that Rasho brought nothing to this team from a basketball stand point are wrong. I saw the things that Rasho did do well- and still does. And I will continue to believe that the combo of Duncan, Horry, Oberto, and Rasho would have been and continues to be the one for the Spurs to have kept to handle all types of match-ups.

People like to say that something isn't personal because it isn't for them-- but sometimes, often times, it IS personal for the other person involved.

QED

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
You and Rasho are not victims. Millionaires who play in the NBA aren't victims because select fans don't like them. Your far too close too Rasho to have an objective view point on the subject and have had your views tainted on Spurs fans by a select few who may have been rude to you at some point. In fact, I'm not even so sure they were rude to you but you obviously view things from a different perspective than most fans on this board do.

I'm never going to feel an ounce of pity for a man who made millions here in San Antonio because not all of the fans met your standard for what makes good fans.

No one told you that NO ONE hated Rasho. There are people in this city who are Spurs fans and hate Tim Duncan. To expect him to be liked by the enterity of a fan base is one of the more dilusional things you've ever posted. But I'm betting that based on your perspective even a small number of fans bashing Rasho whether justified or not would have been too much. Such is the life of someone who puts themselves in an entertainment business. You should know that and you probably do you just simply choose to forget it in this regard.

I could counter each one of your hate incidents with examples of people who probably stopped Rasho whereever he went to ask him for autographs or fans who cheered him on or fans who showed how much they loved him on this board but thats not the point. The point is that you at some point met up with fans who thought the opposite and decided to judge our entire fanbase by that. You flat out admit as much in your post. Once again, expecting him to be loved by an entire fan base is foolish at best.

It isn't as though Rasho got booed when he entered games. He was cheered just like any other Spur. But Rasho also replaced the most beloved Spur of all time and was a significant downgrade. He was doomed to never meet expectations that were going to be out of his reach. Thats not fair, but in exhange for acceptiong some unfairness NBA players tend to get quite a few benefits so once again I'm not going to toss him loads of pity.

I'm sorry, but the only thing you are the victim of is a bad perspective.

E20
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
What does QED mean?

Solid D
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
kluby II.

timvp
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I really do not want to say much more- but the people involved did not know who I was. They did not realize that the person they were discussing was me. And what happened got back to me from someone who did know that this person being referred to was me. Does that make sense? I think that it was pretty easy to distinguish me from just about anyone else seen regularly at Spurs games at that time. It was apparent that I was the person being discussed. This hinting game is dizzying. Just come out and tell the story. No one will care. And it could be an interesting story.

The way you are dancing around it sounds like you are making something up that didn't happen.

Thank you for your apology- even though you do not owe me one. Was it me? If so, I'll also apologize.

As to the other incidences, I was seriously shocked to have supposed fans of a team make a point of telling someone how much they hated a member of that team- especially when I NEVER understood how some people could have hated Rasho that much. You would have thought he killed someone, the anger from Spurs fans. It changed my view of the fans of this team forever. You had to deal with Rasho haters for like a year. Try dealing with AJ haters for the last 17 years. AJ haters are 5000 times as rabid as Rasho haters.

Ironically, I had people in opposing arenas be nicer to me than Spurs fans at the AT&T. I sat with a group of about 60 all-male Maverick fans during the play-offs in Dallas and had more fun and more comradery than at many Spurs games at home- and I was a vocal Spurs fan there. The craziest guy in the whole bunch after the game came over and shook my hand and told me what a great game it was. He also said he thought Dallas was better off with the Spurs going small and not playing Rasho. Not quite the same experience in SA that series where a guy yelled in my face what a waste Rasho was on the team, and he was a Spurs fan. Sounds like you were rooting for Rasho at a Spurs game in Dallas. That'd be like if a supposed Dallas fan came to San Antonio to just cheer for DeSagana Diop. There'd be no reason to get angry with the Diop fan. It'd just be kinda weird.

So, when anyone tries to tell me that no one hated Rasho when he was on the Spurs, they are sadly mistaken.Where did anyone say no one hated Rasho?

Yes, I am admittedly defensive about him. And yes, I do enjoy the fact that the two players he was replaced with turned out to be "not-in-the-NBA-anymore" Butler and "useless" Elson.Oberto ended up replacing Rasho and has been way better than Rasho. Oberto finishes games routinely. Rasho might have finished ten games in his Spurs career.

I told people the day Rasho got traded that Oberto would be the Spurs starting center and they laughed at me. :lmao @ that exaggeration.

Link me to that prediction.

And, yes, when I watch how much the Spurs interior defense sucks except for Duncan, I smile. And last night, I watched Rasho play Duncan defensively just about as good as anyone has all season, and I smiled.What do you do when the Spurs win championships?

Cry?

And people who claim that Rasho brought nothing to this team from a basketball stand point are wrong. I saw the things that Rasho did do well- and still does. And I will continue to believe that the combo of Duncan, Horry, Oberto, and Rasho would have been and continues to be the one for the Spurs to have kept to handle all types of match-ups. I've supported Rasho's legacy but let's not go overboard. The Spurs have won three championships in a row in seasons where Rasho plays less than 200 minutes in the playoffs. I repeat, when Rasho hasn't played many minutes for the Spurs in the playoffs, they've won three champions in a row.

Rasho = very good regular season play. Not built for the playoffs.

timvp
02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
kluby II.Yep.

Solid D
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
kluby II the Rasho Nazi !!!

MannyIsGod
02-12-2008, 07:17 PM
My job is so done in this thread.

E20
02-12-2008, 07:21 PM
What does QED mean?

Warlord23
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
What does QED mean?

Quod erat demonstrandum ... when you prove or demonstrate something that you proposed, although I have no clue what ploto was trying to prove. (Or, in Manny's case Quite easily done, as to what he intended to do with this thread )

Back to the original premise, ploto, you have a problem if what other NBA fans think of Rasho affects you so much. We all have our favorite players dissed by other fans and put up spirited arguments, but your obsession with Rasho is extreme. Take a chill pill and stop giving a shit about people who think Rasho sucks.

PS: Rasho sucks

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
ploto has still said nothing that is worthy of developing her lifelong grudge against the Spurs.

Some fans said they hate Rasho? OMG!!!!1111

exstatic
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
It's funny, because pluto doesn't understand some fans hatred of Rasho, because he was just doing what should have been expected, yet she violently HATES the Spurs for doing the same thing, doing what was expected by moving a player who wasn't a fit here.

CubanMustGo
02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
It's funny, because pluto doesn't understand some fans hatred of Rasho, because he was just doing what should have been expected, yet she violently HATES the Spurs for doing the same thing, doing what was expected by moving a player who wasn't a fit here.

QFFT

angel_luv
02-13-2008, 12:52 AM

by ploto translated
Angel Luv told me something someone said at a GTG.

That's all I got so far.

Angel Luv said nothing.
( Thank you Ploto for claryifying that. :toast)

:lol Angel Luv is pulling a Timvp- talking about myself in the third person.
He is cool enough for that; me, not so much.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2008, 01:35 AM
http://www.hollywoodsuccess.com/RodSerling.jpg

APPROVES THIS THREAD.

MI21
02-13-2008, 01:55 AM
This thread is fucking weird.