PDA

View Full Version : Shaq vs. Bill Walton

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
:lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3241540&n8pe6c=1&categoryId=2459788

Shaq accuses Bill "...of breaking the Big Man Peking Order Code"

after Walton accused him of faking injuries.

Pistons < Spurs
02-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I heard this earlier on ESPN!! Good stuff!

E20
02-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Bill has some nice ass teef.

Findog
02-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Bill Walton didn't fake anything. It agonized him not being able to play, whereas Shaq prefers to do his rehab "on company time." Shaq's the ultimate frontrunner...he probably will pick up his play in Phoenix, which would prove he was dogging it in Miami. I hope for our sake that Shaq was indeed playing hard in Miami and that's the best you can expect from him.

I have my issues with Walton's retarded commentary from time to time, but he's right here, and as a player, there was no denying his competitive spirit and how much he enjoyed playing. His feet simply wouldn't let him.

SenorSpur
02-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Fuck Shaq! Walton was telling the truth. Leave it to Shaq to try and deflect the criticism onto someone else. His lazy ass was clearly tanking in Miami and he didn't have enough personal pride to "suck it up", be professional and try and turn around the situation. He commands the most money, but exerts the least amount of effort and reliability. Walton was dead on and I'm glad someone said it.

Kriz-Maxima
02-12-2008, 07:01 AM
"His arrogance is an insult to people who think" dammit Bill i didnt know you had it in you.

hater
02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
it is funny Shaq is suddenly and miraculously healthy as ever.

oh wait... it's Shaq, he has been full of BS since the beginning of his career.

Killakobe81
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
That was hilarious!! But 2 be honest they are both right ...SHAQ is a a dog who plays when he wants to ala randy Moss if he ever took the care that Robinson, Duncan, Olajawon and Kareem took care of their bodies he would still be healthy ... so bill is right SHAQ doesnt care to play except in the playoffs (horryitis, love bigshot but it's true) but sHAQ has a point Walton is famouus for two great NBA seasons one good 6th man year and his UCLA career ...he is not in shaq's league as far as overall NBA impact ...but college Walton has him beat hands down ...

O-Factor
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Walton is right on this front. Outside of newspaper columnists, he's been the only one to bring up this issue on television/publicly.

Shaq's arrogance is as pitiful as ever now. So now, according to Shaq doctrine, no one can provide basketball commentary on Shaq unless it involves kissing his fat lazy ass? Give me a fucking break.

ambchang
02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
They had beef a few years back when Walton accuses Shaq of not staying in shape (back in the Laker days), then Shaq threatened physical assault on him.

ambchang
02-12-2008, 10:56 AM
BTW, must say that Shaq is funny as hell, and I am not sure if he meant what he said, but Walton's injury was legit, the man could barely walk. I don't think Walton ever sat through half the season, then come alive in the playoffs.

To Shaq's credit, his fake injuries allowed him to play in his 16th season. i doubt he would be able to steal the last $100 million the last few seasons if he went all out earlier on in his career.

Medvedenko
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Bill is right and stuff like this is what we have known in Lakerland for quite a while now. It's too bad and still half of the shit Shaq says is tounge and cheek anyways.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
They had beef a few years back when Walton accuses Shaq of not staying in shape (back in the Laker days), then Shaq threatened physical assault on him.i remember when he challenged Dave to a boxing match.

himat
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Spurs better own the Suns again.

Jeremy
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Here's more Shaq audio on Walton's comments, after today's practice:

http://ktar.net/blogs/gash/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/shaq-takes-offense-to-bill-walton.mp3

BonnerDynasty
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM

http://ktar.net/blogs/gash/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/shaq-takes-offense-to-bill-walton.mp3

:lmao

At least he gave Tim Duncan props!!! :clap

Bill Gates and Atari smack! Gotta love shaq :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Bill is right and stuff like this is what we have known in Lakerland for quite a while now. It's too bad and still half of the shit Shaq says is tounge and cheek anyways.

yeah, I'm pretty sure his "Ordinance 2247" or whatever, was that half :lol

still, I think Walton should learn that Shaq is always going to respond to everyone and everyone.

remingtonbo2001
02-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Shaq cracks me up.

It's like comparing Atari to Bill Gates. :lmao

Shred
02-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Nice. They could name the disabled list the "Bill Walton Memorial Disabled List," for all the time he spent not playing in the league. Horsefaced clown is going to criticize Shaq? Give me a break....

Shred
02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Bill Walton didn't fake anything. It agonized him not being able to play, whereas Shaq prefers to do his rehab "on company time." Shaq's the ultimate frontrunner...he probably will pick up his play in Phoenix, which would prove he was dogging it in Miami. I hope for our sake that Shaq was indeed playing hard in Miami and that's the best you can expect from him.

I have my issues with Walton's retarded commentary from time to time, but he's right here, and as a player, there was no denying his competitive spirit and how much he enjoyed playing. His feet simply wouldn't let him.

Well, it's good to know that Bill "agonized" about it when he sat out a season because Portland wouldn't trade him. :rolleyes

timvp
02-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I agree with Shaq. Bill Walton can't criticize someone for injuries. That'd be like Shaq giving free throw lessons.

And Bill Walton went from his career being over to being able to help the Celtics with the '86 championship. If anyone should know not to doubt a desperate and motivated center despite injury concerns, it should be Walton.

jonnybravo
02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/02/24/shaq-calls-steve-nashs-mvps-tainted/

Can't believe you Suns fans are all on this guys jock. I'm all for supporting your players, I'm okay with that. However, let's call a spade a spade. Shaq's been running his mouth non-stop with the media constantly swinging off his nuts since he's come into the league. The Big Decline has even been more prolific in his advanced age with slandering those that aren't on his jock. It's about time he starts getting called out for it.

Trust me on this one: when things go well, he'll say all the right things and grab as much credit as he can. The moment things turn bad, the Big Decline's M.O. is to deflect blame. Book it.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2008, 07:34 AM
...yes, shaq is funny and he always has been. but how come nobody is talking about the irrelevancy of pretty much everything he said in response to Bill Walton's words? shaq was basically an idiot, why doesn't anyone see/acknowledge that?

nkdlunch
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
...yes, shaq is funny and he always has been. but how come nobody is talking about the irrelevancy of pretty much everything he said in response to Bill Walton's words? shaq was basically an idiot, why doesn't anyone see/acknowledge that?

he's Shaquille O'neal.

he would be a great politician

ambchang
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Damn funny, Atari smack.
And I am actually surprised that he gave props to Duncan.
Finally Walton sat out most of his career, and he had surgeries to correct his arched foot. He was injured his whole career, and was only able to play enough in 85-86. He wasn't able to miraculously come back from iffy regular season injuries like ingrown toe nails to dominate in the post season.

timvp
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM

http://ktar.net/blogs/gash/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/shaq-takes-offense-to-bill-walton.mp3:lmao

Shaq just destroyed Walton. The thing is though that Walton probably wasn't even serious so it's not a total ownage. Walton was just saying the words he was supposed to say.

Xylus
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I got the impression that Walton was serious, and Shaq's comments were meant to be entirely humorous. That Atari comment was gold.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I hope when TD gets his fifth ring, he tells Shaq to go get him a coffee

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
he's Shaquille O'neal.

Peter Vescey said that if Shaq can't play, he can always run as John McCain's running mate. ;) Meanwhile, the (in?)famous Sheriff of Maricopa County (Phoenix), Joe Arpaio, wants to recruit Shaq (http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=725955) to help round up illegal immigrants. :lol

BTW, if the Suns do win the championship and Suns fan John McCain (who occasionally attends games at US Airways Center) wins the presidency, that would make for a very interesting White House visit next year.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Shaq just destroyed Walton. The thing is though that Walton probably wasn't even serious so it's not a total ownage. Walton was just saying the words he was supposed to say.

you're high.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Shaq isn't the smartest tool in the shed (speaks too much), but I do give him props for being entertaining, and an assclown at times.

he's Shaquille O'neal.

He neither denied or admitted to having more incentive to recover from injuries, in Phoenix. :lol

JamStone
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM

Except a couple things ...

1. Shaq doesn't deny what Bill Walton says. It's essentially tacit acknowledgment. Shaq just got angry that Walton said it.

2. He said in the NBA big man pecking order, Bill Russell was the president and CEO, Kareem was second, he and Tim Duncan were third, and the great Wilt Chamberlain was second for what he did.

Shaq's mathematic skills are an insult to everyone who thinks.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Except a couple things ...

1. Shaq doesn't deny what Bill Walton says. It's essentially tacit acknowledgment. Shaq just got angry that Walton said it.

2. He said in the NBA big man pecking order, Bill Russell was the president and CEO, Kareem was second, he and Tim Duncan were third, and the great Wilt Chamberlain was second for what he did.

Shaq's mathematic skills are an insult to everyone who thinks.

almost everything shaq says is an insult to those whom think. he just happens to be so stupid/loud/confident that its usually funny, i just wouldn't let that cloud your judgment...as it has the media and apparently timvp.

Spuradicator
02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks like Walton was right, lol

Shaq making strides physically
Bob Young
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 15, 2008 12:00 AM

Suns trainer Aaron Nelson said Shaquille O'Neal's flexibility has "vastly improved" since his arrival in Phoenix.

The 7-foot-1 O'Neal's progress evidently has surprised even the team's medical staff - and flies in the face of suggestions by Lakers coach Phil Jackson that O'Neal's "foundation" is shaky.

"There isn't any arthritis in his hip causing his problem," said Dr. Thomas Carter, the club's orthopedic surgeon. "He is in better structural condition than the vast majority of NBA centers. It was just soft tissue - flexibility and strength. And those guys (on the medical staff) have done a great job with him."

Nelson said O'Neal has improved with every practice.

"He's been able to jump a little higher and move a little quicker," he said. "He's worked hard. He's done everything we've asked him to do. He's working out twice a day and coming back from the All-Star Game early on Sunday so he can do the work."

O'Neal, who suggested at his introductory news conference that the team's marketing department could start printing shirts that say "The Sun will rise in Phoenix," arrived at his locker, and a TNT camera crew was waiting.

He turned around and abruptly demonstrated that the moon also rises here, dropping his trousers - drawing laughs and a few "YouTube!" remarks.

A true believer TNT analyst Doug Collins said he believes the Suns had to trade Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for O'Neal.

"It wasn't like they didn't like their team," Collins said. "They just didn't feel like they could win it. You have to go through so many big teams in the Western Conference.

"And I think they got stale. That feel-good story was no longer there."

O'Neal's health, Collins said, is the only gamble.

"Last time I saw Shaq, it was Martin Luther King Day, and he was really struggling with that hip," he said. "He played half the game and hasn't played since. My take on the thing is, Shaq has put himself in position coming to Phoenix where he is not going to come in here and play poorly.

"It's not going to be a question of whether he's motivated. He's a proud guy, and he is with a team that has a chance to win it. He has a chance to take a fourth team to (an NBA Finals). He doesn't want to fail. So he's going to be motivated. But the question is whether he'll be healthy enough."

If he is, Collins said the Suns can emerge from a Western Conference race that has changed dramatically because of trades - with a Dallas deal for Jason Kidd still likely.

"After the All-Star break, it's going to be like a 30-game sprint to the finish," Collins said. "You better not slip up and lose four or five in a row. But when the stakes are that high, we as fans benefit, because the level of play goes up. And that's great to have.

"You're not going to sneak into the NBA Finals from the Western Conference, that's for sure."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0215sunsnb0215.html

ambchang
02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
First Hill, now Shaq, the Suns must be using witch doctors.

peskypesky
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM

or steroids....

does the NBA test for stuff like that?

Xylus
02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Not to mention Nash. Cuban was probably right about him when he lowballed him a few years ago.

polandprzem
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
or steroids....

does the NBA test for stuff like that?

NBA saying yes

but they don't

polandprzem
02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
almost everything shaq says is an insult to those whom think. he just happens to be so stupid/loud/confident that its usually funny, i just wouldn't let that cloud your judgment...as it has the media and apparently timvp.

:lol

Totally agreeing with you on that one. :tu

Look out and not comment Shaq right?
Every team he left had enough of him. HE destroyd chemistry in Orlando,LA,Miami. Now Amare is fabulous, NAsh is perfect and the best PG.
Yea :rolleyes. Like Jax was the best coach, Riley was the last one he wanted to play for. KG should have an MVP instead of Tim, Kidd should have an MVP instead of Tim, now he aplauding Tim?

Meaningless bullshieyit