PDA

View Full Version : FYI to the Spur Fan in you

Brutalis
02-11-2008, 11:31 PM
If anyone is seriously doubting the Suns and Shaq you are flat out retarded. Shaq, when motivated and healthy, cannot be stopped. As a true Spurs fan you know this. He will never put up 30 and 12, but he won't have to. Amare will be able to (finally) play the PF spot like we all wish Duncan could do. And if (the big if) Shaq can turn it on we have some serious matters to deal with and quite frankly the way the Spurs have been going, we will not win a 7 game series like this if Shaq truly is on top of his game.

And that's not even the gist of it all.

The Lakers are the team we should be really looking out for now given that Bynum is healthy and playing well again. Yeah I know, most of you vets here are like me sometimes, play stuff off as no big deal. "Prove it" kinda thing. Well, the only proving that needs to be done, is ourselves. Gasol has always given us trouble even when he played on the Teddy Bears. He can hold Duncan well, and there's Bynum, so long and athletic tearing a new hole in Oberto's rear.

Do you realize how bad the Spurs look this season compared to the last (about) 10 seasons? Screw injuries, and all that crap. Every team can use that excuse. We have accomplished so much, that most teams will just dream of, and I am trying hard to believe that this team can rebound.
After years of hearing crap from NBA fans that we are too old, this season is starting to show just that. Our defense is the worst I've seen in a long time, checking team stats a month ago, and I doubt those numbers have changed much.

I'm not venting from a Celtics loss. I know KG/TP were out and that the game itself was just ours to start with and we just let it all go, relaxed sort of. Like the 3rd quarter in the Toronto game. Either they just relax, or it's the age wearing thin. Or what?

Sure, we do this every year. We always have a slump, ALWAYS. I know this, but this slump hasn't been like the others. The others happened all at once, while this one seems to be on and off again all season long.

33-17 is a wonderful record for 27/30 teams mindset in todays NBA. And as a long time fan I know we can be greedy, being used to great numbers, records, and banners of all kinds. (literally) So I try to soak all that I have seen and heard and witnessed this season, very very mildly. Best put- like a lion cramped down in the tall grass stalking the fawn before he pounces. Or like a rug burn, a long, slow, rug burn.

Not to say I do not believe. Because if you do not believe in the Spurs you are a fool. Because like a light switch they can turn it on out of nowhere. The question is for me, is it too dark to flick that switch? And if not, will they find it feeling the wall in time? I've never been so clueless as to what the Spurs are going to do.

Bottom line is, don't be arrogant true Spurs fan. Don't assume cause we did this and that in these last 10 years it means anything right now, because it doesn't. Don't assume the Suns and Lakers are just paddling the boat behind us, because right now, we are all in the same boat.

some_user86
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the memo. I didn't know how to think before you came along and did the thinking for me.

davi78239
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
wow

Pistons < Spurs
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Holy Shit Brutalis!!!

:tu

That is the most well thought out, topical and honest post I've ever seen you submit!!!

Good stuff! And I fully agree.

Now tell me who, and what forum you stole it from!!!

LOL j/k

jaffies
02-11-2008, 11:40 PM
fuck yeah!

spursrule32
02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Lakers have definitely upgraded and it remains to be seen with the Suns, but with the exception of Kobe (I can't count Fisher b/c he's a role player) neither team has the experience of winning deep in the playoffs. History doesn't mean that much in professional sports, but experience and the confidence that players gain from winning titles have a value that can't be measured with stats. Last year was a prime example. Spurs had a fortunate path to the finals, but if you judged them by the whole season they probably shouldn't have gone as far as they did. I think confidence and experience gave them an advantage over any of the teams they faced. Cavaliers being the exception - the Nuggets, Suns and Jazz had a lot of talent but didn't have the confidence to fulfill their potential. Had the mavs won in 2006, I don't think they get knocked out in the first round regardless of the matchup - they really didn't show up.

lonestr
02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, after reading the post and much thinking... we ain't got to prove shit!!! Don't tell me we are the ones that have to watch out. who the fuck do you think these trades were meant to counter? Hummmm, I think they want to have the best players to beat the SPURS because their current roster can't do it. Wow, to think that you feel that Shaq is really a threat. Please! Most sport writers are laughing at this trade. Gasol, ooooh I really think Kupchak got our number with that one. Fine, wanna feel timid and scared about the trades, go right ahead. Remember, the playoffs are best of seven series. Think about that for one freaking minute before you start peeing in your panties. Spurs always respond and come back strong after any loss in the post season.

The Celtics will dread a matchup against the Spurs in the Finals. I guarantee!

lonestr
02-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Lakers have definitely upgraded and it remains to be seen with the Suns, but with the exception of Kobe (I can't count Fisher b/c he's a role player) neither team has the experience of winning deep in the playoffs. History doesn't mean that much in professional sports, but experience and the confidence that players gain from winning titles have a value that can't be measured with stats. Last year was a prime example. Spurs had a fortunate path to the finals, but if you judged them by the whole season they probably shouldn't have gone as far as they did. I think confidence and experience gave them an advantage over any of the teams they faced. Cavaliers being the exception - the Nuggets, Suns and Jazz had a lot of talent but didn't have the confidence to fulfill their potential. Had the mavs won in 2006, I don't think they get knocked out in the first round regardless of the matchup - they really didn't show up.

You got that right Spursrule. Being in the playoffs is totally different. Huge pressure on all the teams shoulder. When a team like Boston and Phoenix face the Spurs, it's a mind game that whispers terrible things inside that makes them doubt beating a confident, veteran squad like San Antonio.

lefty
02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
mmm....losers forum

Dex
02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
I really wonder how some of you survive the seasons we don't win titles.

lefty
02-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I really wonder how some of you survive the seasons we don't win titles.

:lmao

E20
02-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Shaq :td

I expect him to collapse of heart failure in his debut game.

itzsoweezee
02-12-2008, 01:17 AM
shaq no longer needs to be double teamed. his effect is negligible.

he can barely jump anymore. motivation isn't bringing that back.

Road Warrior
02-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Shaq hasn't even played a single game with the suns and i'm already tired of hearing about him. I want Shaq to just get out there so he can prove one side of the argument wrong and end the discussion.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 01:42 AM
I like being arrogant.

Louie Vega
02-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, after reading the post and much thinking... we ain't got to prove shit!!! Don't tell me we are the ones that have to watch out. who the fuck do you think these trades were meant to counter? Hummmm, I think they want to have the best players to beat the SPURS because their current roster can't do it. Wow, to think that you feel that Shaq is really a threat. Please! Most sport writers are laughing at this trade. Gasol, ooooh I really think Kupchak got our number with that one. Fine, wanna feel timid and scared about the trades, go right ahead. Remember, the playoffs are best of seven series. Think about that for one freaking minute before you start peeing in your panties. Spurs always respond and come back strong after any loss in the post season.

The Celtics will dread a matchup against the Spurs in the Finals. I guarantee!

:clap :clap :clap

m33p0
02-12-2008, 10:23 AM
shaq this... shaq that...

sheez.

duncan228
02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I like being arrogant.

You're very good at it.

It's particularly fun with new posters who have no idea what they're getting into when they think they can win an argument with you.

ancestron
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Doom and gloom...Spurs are done...yadda-yadda-yadda...

Feels good to dream doesn't it.

remingtonbo2001
02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
another shaq thread?

Brutalis
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Nobody said doom or gloom, nobody is counting the Spurs out.

Of course the playoffs are a whole new season. Who doesn't know this?

Damn some of you people are stupideded.

Face the facts. Spurs have everything to prove. They never repeat, and they have a load of questions to be answered. Saying they have nothing to prove means you are too arrogant.

Drachen
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM
did someone bump a thread from last year?

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Face the facts. Spurs have everything to prove. They never repeat, and they have a load of questions to be answered. Saying they have nothing to prove means you are too arrogant.

Brutalis, if you were in my unit in Iraq or in Bosnia, you'd be my bitch! One way or the other, you'd be calling your momma to call your congressman to get you out on a special discharge. What a pussy you are! Arrogant! did your father give you a dollar to see of you can spell the damn word so that you can look good in front of his friends. I don't have any use for fish smelling twats like you. Go on and and find a life. I know guys out of high school who face death on a daily basis who never spoke the pussy language you do. Do us all a favor and don't come back.

I'm sure Lakers fan would like you as there "Reasonable troll" in their forum.

m33p0
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM

The word is HAVEN'T. You sound as if you're saying that the Spurs are done for. Spurs have nothing to prove. The only thing they haven't done is repeat which is what the goal is this year for most Spurs fans. Others are content with winning another title. To get it on a back-to-back will be nice. But if the team can't get it done, that will be fine. There will always be next year which happens to be an odd year.

duncan228
02-12-2008, 10:08 PM
To get it on a back-to-back will be nice. But if the team can't get it done, that will be fine. There will always be next year which happens to be an odd year.

Duncan said something like this on Media Day.

He was asked about the "even year curse."
He said he had no idea why it was, but that he wanted the repeat.
Then he said that if the Championships continued to come every other year he'd be fine with that.

I believe Duncan is far from done.
He will bring San Antonio more Trophies.
I hope he gets the repeat, it will look nice on his resume.
But he'll get more regardless if they're repeats.
And that's okay with me.
He has cemented his place, and the Spurs place, in NBA history already.
Everything to come is icing on the cake.

Brutalis
02-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Brutalis, if you were in my unit in Iraq or in Bosnia, you'd be my bitch! One way or the other, you'd be calling your momma to call your congressman to get you out on a special discharge. What a pussy you are! Arrogant! did your father give you a dollar to see of you can spell the damn word so that you can look good in front of his friends. I don't have any use for fish smelling twats like you. Go on and and find a life. I know guys out of high school who face death on a daily basis who never spoke the pussy language you do. Do us all a favor and don't come back.

I'm sure Lakers fan would like you as there "Reasonable troll" in their forum.
Troll? Like.... let's say... you?

You pretty much just made this personal, and for what reason did you need to go on acting like a complete idiot? Pussy language? Rofl, do you even know how to shoot the gun you carry?

Heh, not wasting my time on you. Arguing with dumb people just makes me look dumb so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Brutalis
02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
The word is HAVEN'T. You sound as if you're saying that the Spurs are done for. Spurs have nothing to prove. The only thing they haven't done is repeat which is what the goal is this year for most Spurs fans. Others are content with winning another title. To get it on a back-to-back will be nice. But if the team can't get it done, that will be fine. There will always be next year which happens to be an odd year.
I'm a country boy what can I say.

Anyhow all of which you say, --I know already. And no, I don't sound like the Spurs are done for. I just face the facts and hate to say my fellow Spur fans are as arrogant as Laker ones. That's reality and coming to a forum I've been around for 3 years and expecting anyone else to admit that is stupid on my part I suppose.

Brutalis
02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
did someone bump a thread from last year?
This is the typical arrogance I speak of. As if this year is just like every other year.

lonestr
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Troll? Like.... let's say... you?

You pretty much just made this personal, and for what reason did you need to go on acting like a complete idiot? Pussy language? Rofl, do you even know how to shoot the gun you carry?

Heh, not wasting my time on you. Arguing with dumb people just makes me look dumb so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

You are one sorry simpleton Brutalis. I swear you were wronged by a woman in your past and she imasculated you in the process. Personal? Shit man, I don't know whether to scorn you for the piss poor Spurs fan that you are, or apologise to the lady for hurting your feelings. My gun? How complimentary of you to think of me as the "Alpha" male that tightens your nipples with my "gun". While you watch your rerun of "Queer eye for the straight guy" don't give us anymore of you pussy analysis of what our Spurs need to "Prove" with your "my team I.Q. is greater than yours". While your at it, pick up a copy of Nietche and dive right in. Quit while you are ahead?... Hell sweet thing, why don't you give one.

Gawd! somebody ban me!!

ancestron
02-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I hear what you are saying Brutalis, I just don't agree. Personally I think Shaq going to the Suns is a big joke that Steve Kerr and Marv Albert planned a long time ago during a redeye from L.A. to Miami. Its like a cartoon, or a circus act. Its the most ridiculous thing ever conceived. I think Phoenix will regret the decision within 2 weeks.
Thats all I'm saying. And in regards to Gasol, big deal. The Lakers got better, yes, but they didn't became God's gift to basketball simply by adding Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum, while he is incredibly talented has a lot of growing up to do mentally.
I think everyone is seriously overestimating the impact these trades will have on how the west ends up.
just my opinion.

Brutalis
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I hear what you are saying Brutalis, I just don't agree. Personally I think Shaq going to the Suns is a big joke that Steve Kerr and Marv Albert planned a long time ago during a redeye from L.A. to Miami. Its like a cartoon, or a circus act. Its the most ridiculous thing ever conceived. I think Phoenix will regret the decision within 2 weeks.
Thats all I'm saying. And in regards to Gasol, big deal. The Lakers got better, yes, but they didn't became God's gift to basketball simply by adding Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum, while he is incredibly talented has a lot of growing up to do mentally.
I think everyone is seriously overestimating the impact these trades will have on how the west ends up.
just my opinion.

The Lakers could be contenders in the near feature even if the hype is just that this season. Hopefully the Suns implode as you predict, but to me they're night and day. Either they become 'whole' or they explode into .500 basketball pieces.

Brutalis
02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
You are one sorry simpleton Brutalis. I swear you were wronged by a woman in your past and she imasculated you in the process. Personal? Shit man, I don't know whether to scorn you for the piss poor Spurs fan that you are, or apologise to the lady for hurting your feelings. My gun? How complimentary of you to think of me as the "Alpha" male that tightens your nipples with my "gun". While you watch your rerun of "Queer eye for the straight guy" don't give us anymore of you pussy analysis of what our Spurs need to "Prove" with your "my team I.Q. is greater than yours". While your at it, pick up a copy of Nietche and dive right in. Quit while you are ahead?... Hell sweet thing, why don't you give one.

Gawd! somebody ban me!!

You have serious issues. Hopefully they stay there when you come back sweet pea.

lonestr
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Please change your name. The latin origin of Brutalis just doesn't jive with the inner woman in your posts... Oprah!