PDA

View Full Version : Elson?

Weezer
02-12-2008, 02:12 PM
...where is he?

...Probably in the infamous pop dog house???

He is much more athletic than oberto...this might help against the Lakers/suns...

ArgSpursFan.
02-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Elson?....
.....Sucks.

T Park
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
This post alone shows how stupid troll bandwagon Laker fan is.

objective
02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Elson's athleticism has become overrated to an almost mythic extent, maybe because he's always in comparison to Oberto and Rasho before him, but still.

He can be quick but not the fastest big man around end-to-end. He's not very strong, or at least strength isn't a factor in his favor against PFs or Cs. He doesn't jump out of the gym, he just jumps higher than Oberto/Rasho/Nazr. Basically, because he's slender and faster than those who came before him it seems he's been built up into some 'ATHLETIC BIG MAN'.

Weezer
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
...typical San antonion itelligence on display in here...

ancestron
02-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Elson sucks. He almost blew the game last night.

baseline bum
02-12-2008, 03:01 PM
To put it in Laker fan terms, Basketball IQ-wise:

Elson = Smush Parker

That's why Elson doesn't play.

Weezer
02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
stoudamire/shaq...bynum/gasol will have a field day with oberto "guarding" them...

Xylus
02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Oberto's a decent player, and will pose more of a problem for the Suns than Elson ever could.

Weezer
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
oberto is a defensive liability...though he may have a high basketball iq...whats to stop this from happening again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLgbjOVQbic

anakha
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
...typical San antonion itelligence on display in here...

:lmao

fyatuk
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
oberto is a defensive liability...though he may have a high basketball iq...whats to stop this from happening again?

Elson's a liability on both sides, what's your point?

I'd actually rather play Horry/Bonner than Elson. Horry is still decent on defense, and Bonner isn't much worse than Elson, but neither screw up the offense like Elson does. Even with that, Oberto's better than all of them.

Hasn't it been clear that most Spurs fans want to see 2 things: 1) better Bigs capable of playing defense and not screwing up the offense and 2) a young athletic wing.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I haven't fully given up on Elson.
I don't know what happens with him this year but I have still some hope that he could be somewhat quite useful like he was last year.

The trade deadline is in one week, Elson could be traded or he could move up or down in the depth chart. We will have a better idea of his future role after that.

Slinkyman
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
The question should be why does Elson shoot some many 18 foot jumpers.

fyatuk
02-12-2008, 05:35 PM
The question should be why does Elson shoot some many 18 foot jumpers.

Because Pop told him to. I'm not sure if the goal was to get him to shoot more or if it was just to get him to stay out of the way, though :spin

Rummpd
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
stoudamire/shaq...bynum/gasol will have a field day with oberto "guarding" them...

What about on the other end!

Bynum and Gasol are both piss poor defenders, sure Bynum blocks some shots as does Gasol but both out of position and Gasol is real, real soft. one could argue easily that the LAL and Suns took giant steps back defensively as Brown and in particular Marion are superb defenders (Brown was one of the West best on Duncan at times!)

Spurs have the bigs to counter any team out there and next year add Tiago Splitter, don't over-rate the soft Gasol or a half a Shaq until they prove something!

To the Suns and LAL fans wait until your team proves something before putting down the Spurs = the SAS will be there in the end more likely than either of your pretenders.