PDA

View Full Version : I'm..(wheez) I.. (wheez)...

lonestr
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm having a panic attack!!! I was completely wrong about our chances of getting to the finals. Thanks to our esteem Suns and Lakers fans who have graciously pointed out how screwed we really are in our forum. I want to say that we need a fucking trade now to best those tough Phoenix Suns who recently acquired Shaq. For those who have eloquently argued that we are in dire need to get a sharp shooter or another big to help Tim, you have my ear now!! We gotta come up with someone big like Dwight Howard so that we can defeat the current champions L.A. Lakers... wait, or is it the Suns who are the champions?!

Was it Dallas who won last years Finals? Well, does it really matter now that Boston will be handed the trophy in June?

People in here seem to forget that nothing is given to you. Remember how Dallas finally beat our Spurs (barely at that) and they celebrated like they won the Finals, only to embarrass themselves by losing four straight to the Heat after being ahead two.

San Antonio has to earn the right to be in the playoffs, as they have for the past ten years. That's what makes each defeat sweet because in order to be the best, you gotta beat the best. So ask yourselves if Phoenix, L.A., and Boston are really as scary as you say they are. We have a group of guys put together by the greatest front office in the NBA. We are the current Champions, and we didn't get that way on a whim. Phil Jackass once had a devastating tandem in Kobe/Shaq and now this is what we are afraid of?

Phoenix cannot overtake the mental hump that is the Spurs and suddenly with Shaq they have our number?

All these trades by the other teams were desperate to come up with a team to beat our Spurs, but at what price? Did they really fill the needed position? San Antonio has always paced themselves during the regular season in order to come out strong in the playoffs. Why kill ourselves to make the playoffs only to run out of juice in June. C'mon, let our Spurs do what they do best. Win Championships.

:king

Rummpd
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Amen!

txstr1986
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
King of the Mountain is just such a great place to be...let's keep it.

ancestron
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Finally someone who's thinking straight.

duncan228
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice post lonestr.

I can't waste the energy to worry myself sick over trades, what could happen, what should happen, what the Spurs or any other team will do before the deadline.

It is what it is.
Would we do things differently? Maybe. Maybe not.

But we have no say in it.
I can only support my team and the decisions they make.

Four times they've made the right decisions and brought their fans the ultimate experience.

I believe they will do it again. I really feel Duncan has a couple more in him.

Purple & Gold
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Worry about the Lakeshow not the suns.

debo
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Im as sure of a repeat now as i was in the beginning of the season :fro

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
You know, I arose out of adversity. Growing up in the city's toughest streets of the westside housing projects was atleast horrific. I served in two wars while in the service to my country. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and three beautiful children. When I returned to San Antonio and started my own company, I was never afraid to take the risks and fully took advantage of the American dream. Now my company has gone national and no thanks to the extreme hard work I put in especially when others looked down at me because I'm a minority owner, I did not fold despite people looking down and saying I couldn't do it. Well, my production company is worth so much and I now cater to some of the largest venues throughout the U.S. I am known to have some of the most cutting edge technology for a small company and cannot keep up with demand. I live the American dream and here I am in a forum with you guys where I can be just a fan of the best Sports venue San Antonio has and be myself. I have had business receptions with the likes of Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, and many other NBA notable in the NBA where I wear my Spurs tie or Polo shirt with pride and draw an unfavorable retort. If I listened to those who looked down at me, I would not be the person I am today. Having said that, why the fuck should the Spurs react to those who think they've grown a pair by recent trades and fold like a Dallas Maverick in an NBA finals. Our Spurs have spunk and will draw fear in their opponents mind because they are the Rocky Balboa of the NBA, you just can't beat them down and keep them down. That's why we have all those Rocky sequals in as many years.

America: Home of the brave, land of the free.

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry fellas, got a little carried away. Sitting in my backyard with a nice bottle of Cavit Rose' and enjoying a great Partaga "1845" cigar.

Smiling and waving boys, smiling and waving to each and every one of you.

duncan228
02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
We're smiling and waving back at you lonestr.

ricketts
02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
wow, you just took being a spurs fan to a whole new level, i love it. Amen.

stxspurs
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
nice thread :smokin

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Worry about the Lakeshow not the suns.

Dayam!! Last time I saw a lineup like that, I was in India taken in by a sideshow as four artesans juggled shoes, silverware, and bowling pins on a street corner. Hey, where do you want me to toss this shiny quarter Mr. Lakerman fan you.

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
wow, you just took being a spurs fan to a whole new level, i love it. Amen.

Naw, Ricketts. I've had my heart ripped out many a times with my Spurs. Remember when we reached deep into the Playoff and Strickland was our guard in the late 80's. It was against portland, I knew we were on our way to the Finals until that shit head Strickland turned the ball over in that stupid pass that changed the whole series. I hope he's in a rest home being spoon fed by a highschool intern intentionally smearing his whole face with pudding.

I've been through the rough times with my Spurs, I came from the George Gervin era after he was signed to come to San Antonio. Now, we've won four O'Briens and no one can say shit about it. We stand on equall footing as the big boys and they can't stand it. Hoosiers Baby! Hoosiers!

lonestr
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Im as sure of a repeat now as i was in the beginning of the season :fro

"Debo! you should've been bobbing and weaving!"

A toast to you my friend.