PDA

View Full Version : Pietrus Still Wants Out Of Golden State

Slinkyman
02-12-2008, 05:33 PM
San Francisco Chronicle -
Mickael Pietrus still wants out of Golden State, and the Warriors still don't want to trade him.

"We quietly requested a trade prior to the first date on which he could be traded this season, and we've repeated this request many times," said agent Bill McCandless. "There are several teams who would like to acquire Mike, and several offers have been made.

"We thought he was traded last week, but the trade was nixed at the 11th hour. Three days ago, Mike met with Chris (Mullin), and two days ago, Mike met with Coach (Don) Nelson, both times repeating the trade request."

i wonder who they almost traded with, spurs maybe? Pietrus for Elson and a pick sounds good to me.

T Park
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Elson and Pietrus are both equally as stupid, so it makes sense I guess.

AFBlue
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Not sure if it's worth talking about since they don't wanna trade him....

But no, I don't think the Spurs were inquiring.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
He's the answer for Shaq and Gasol!

Slinkyman
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
He's the answer for Shaq and Gasol!

Mike Miller is???

ChumpDumper
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes!

Pull the trigger!

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
anything would be better then Elson, DO IT SPURS

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
He's also lacking in BBIQ.
It would be a horrible trade... even for Elson.

Next Superstar
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah the spurs can have him, maybe we can take that duncan fella off your hands. I think your all getting sick of him.

ducks
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Agent says Warriors unreceptive to trade offers for Pietrus
Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 5:05 pm EST
Nobody's backing down in the Golden State Warriors' standoff with forward Mickael Pietrus as they approach the Feb. 21 trade deadline. Pietrus' agent, Bill McCandless, says that Golden State remains unreceptive to potential deals despite interest in his client from around the league.

"We quietly requested a trade prior to the first date on which he could be traded this season, and we've repeated this request many times," McCandless said. "There are several teams who would like to acquire Mike, and several offers have been made. We thought he was traded last week, but the trade was nixed at the 11th hour."

The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks are among the teams said to be looking for help at the wing positions, and the Miami Heat tried unsuccessfully to trade for Pietrus in the offseason.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Related: Mickael Pietrus, Dallas Mavericks

Soul_Patch
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I believe it was Jim Rome or perhaps another show late last year and i heard peitrus talk. He seemed to NOT want to leave GS back then, he was actually pretty bummed at the prospect that he might go elsewhere.

I wonder what changed?

nkdlunch
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
He wants to start and play a lot of minutes something not guaranteed with Spurs.

urunobili
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
He wants to start and play a lot of minutes something not guaranteed with Spurs.
but still if Barry's injury is as scary as it seems.. we need to get younger at the wing position and he has the right skill set to be a spur. we can always have Mahimni as a 6 foul big that can run and that's pretty much what Elson will bring to the table come playoffs time

MoSpur
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I wanted him on the Spurs roster in the past, but I don't think the Spurs need someone like him at this point. I would like the Spurs to get Chris Wilcox. I know Seattle won't let him go though.