View Full Version : The Return of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

ATRAIN
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
HELL YEAH

http://www.rockontherange.com/index_home.html

http://www.rockontherange.com/images/lineup.jpg

CuckingFunt
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
They better be awesome, because the rest of that lineup sucks donkey balls.

ATRAIN
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM

hey now FILTER is returning too!!

T Park
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
ST FREAKIN P BABY!!!

Shame it couldn't be just them and Pearl Jam.

T Park
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Filter was the shit in the late 90s

ATRAIN

Plus they will be. I saw them in Austin about 5 or 6 years ago and they were AMAZING!!

CuckingFunt
hey now FILTER is returning too!!I saw. I stand by my previous statement.

ATRAIN
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
ST FREAKIN P BABY!!!

Shame it couldn't be just them and Pearl Jam.

If it was Filter, STP, and PJ that show would be the best ever.

I wouldnt mind throwing RATM in there too.

T Park
02-12-2008, 09:39 PM
ATRAIN

Make it an acoustic set with Alice in Chains, with (RIP) Lane Staley, and I would pay thousands to see that concert.

ATRAIN
02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
ATRAIN

Make it an acoustic set with Alice in Chains, with (RIP) Lane Staley, and I would pay thousands to see that concert.

If we could reform Soundgarden too, now we are talking.

T Park
02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Dude...

Soundgarden, YES!

Reform soundgarden, PJ, STP, now thats a great one.

CuckingFunt
02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
90's music > 00's music

T Park
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Right on Cucking. Right freakin on.

atxrocker
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
agree with the funt

LaMarcus Bryant
02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
CBF's brief history of the Stone Temple Pilots.

First Album: "Whoa, this shit is pretty good. Not very unique, but it sure does sound like the other grunge shit!"

Second Album: "Hmm, pretty good. Kind of lacking but definitely worth the good songs."

Third Album: "W...T....F.........I think I'm going to stop my car right now and throw this peice of shit out of the window"

Fourth Album: "You tink dets bad? Rememba tha time STP was at the very bottom of the list of popular grunge bands and still made millions of dollars?"

Fifth Album: "Stone Temple Who?"

Seriously, how long did you hold onto their third album before you threw it away? When you heard it? When you saw the blatantly homoerotic video for Big Bang Baby? (not that theres anything wrong with homoeroticism..)

I actually like the song Sour Girl, but its one of those things where you can't forgive them for going that deep into the realm of suckdom.

And please don't give me the "they werent grunge" bit, arguing about genres is fruitless, I don't consider them grunge personally, but am using the common classification.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
HELL YEAH

http://www.rockontherange.com/index_home.html

http://www.rockontherange.com/images/lineup.jpg

You do realize that every single band on this flyer without exception completely sucks ass, right?

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Filter sucked balls. The only song they are known for is Hey Man Nice Shot and that song was decent at best. Even STP is mediocre at best. I wouldn't pay 12 bucks to see that lineup of bands. Fuck that, they would have to pay me 12 bucks to see that lineup.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Mookie says that Hey Man Nice Shot is the "Greatest alternative song of all time"

Its arguable.

But yeah, Filter did suck. Every single one of those bands suck, I wouldn't even go if it were free like Ozzfest.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
:lmao @ 3 doors down.

They fucking suck balls. I'd rather watch Britney Spears and Boy George perform a duet concert.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Mookie says that Hey Man Nice Shot is the "Greatest alternative song of all time"

Its arguable.

But yeah, Filter did suck. Every single one of those bands suck, I wouldn't even go if it were free like Ozzfest.

Mookie is fucking retarded for making a statement like that.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
i wouldn't buy a ticket yet. weiland just checked into rehab not too long ago.

tsb2000
02-13-2008, 12:34 AM
I thought STP had a new singer to replace Weiland since he joined Velvet Revolver?

Louie Vega
02-13-2008, 12:39 AM

Killswitch Engage suck donkey balls?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought STP had a new singer to replace Weiland since he joined Velvet Revolver?nope.

T Park
02-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Eh I like Staind.

I like some of the bands.

Just my preference.

SequSpur
02-13-2008, 01:00 AM
killswitch engage rocks!

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
killswitch engage rocks!they're a bit gay.

SequSpur
02-13-2008, 01:03 AM
they're a bit gay.

sheyitt...... that holy diver remake is philip anselmoish....

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2008, 01:05 AM
sheyitt...... that holy diver remake is philip anselmoish....blaspheme on two counts. dio already rocks enough and how dare you compare anselmo to that other dude. quit trying to act cool and hip.

SequSpur
02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
blaspheme on two counts. dio already rocks enough and how dare you compare anselmo to that other dude. quit trying to act cool and hip.

cool and hip? I own every pantera CD made and video. one day you can be hip like me...

quit being a fuckin hater... that holy diver song rocks the fukin house. if you can't see that then keep on jammin to your good charlotte.

wtf....

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2008, 01:25 AM
cool and hip? I own every pantera CD made and video. one day you can be hip like me...

quit being a fuckin hater... that holy diver song rocks the fukin house. if you can't see that then keep on jammin to your good charlotte.

wtf....dude, everything is said was in reference to killswitch engage. i'm really glad you have every cd and video pantera put out. i really am. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Filter sucked balls. The only song they are known for is Hey Man Nice Shot and that song was decent at best.
There was also that Waco My Airplane song that VH1 busted a nut over.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
And STP is competing with Foo Fighters for the title of "Best Band That Consistently Puts Out Catchy Singles While Producing Shitty Albums" or B.B.T.C.P.O.C.S.W.P.S.A. for short.

Every STP or Foo Fighters song I hear on the radio I dig, but then when I buy/download the album I immediately regret my decision.

leemajors
02-13-2008, 11:58 AM
There was also that Waco My Airplane song that VH1 busted a nut over.
robert patrick had one of my friends with 2 lighters in the air in the alamodome in 99 to take my picture. i was flabbergasted.

DarkReign
02-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Core is a great album. Where the River Goes, bitches...

Medvedenko
02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Tiny Music is their best album and people who don't know, don't understand that's the record STP was born to make. This is them bein their own band and not trying to confirm to a set ideal. That album is gold. The rest of that lineup is pretty much a frat boy dream. I like Black Tide though.

Spurminator
02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
90's music > 00's music

I would agree if you cut off the 90's at about 1997. The late 90's were some of the absolute worst years of all time for music.

Of course, I'm not much of an expert on popular alternative music in the 00's, mainly because the late 90's turned me away from the genre and I haven't really been back.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
robert patrick had one of my friends with 2 lighters in the air in the alamodome in 99 to take my picture. i was flabbergasted.
afterwards did he morph his hand into a knife and kill everyone named John?

Spurminator
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I was okay with Tiny Music at the time it came out... It's not something I go back and listen to regularly like Core and Purple but I don't remember thinking it was horrible. I did buy No. 4 and whatever the 5th one was called, and I think I listened to each of those albums once.

ancestron
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
No one has mentioned Robert Patrick's band with the members of STP not named Scott Weiland, "Army of Anyone".

They suck, but just kinda interesting that Filter is on the bill with Pilots, wonder why velvet revolver isnt playing. Not that anyone is going to miss them.

all great 90's music was ingested by sony entertainment and shit back out as Blink 182 and Avril Lafuckingvigne.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
So this is STP WITH Weiland? That's AWESOME news!!!

As for the lineup... Filter, Sevendust and Flyleaf are all good bands. Filter was very cutting edge and trendsetting with their first two albums and Sevendust, while never living up to their potential, was a very good band. Flyleaf is on my list only because I'm a sucker for female rockers. I loved Manson of Garbage and still listen to Veruca Salt. She's not anywhere near their level, but her voice is unique and the band's guitar riffs are pretty good.

Spuradicator
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Kid Rock? That guy still around?

Spuradicator
02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
And STP is competing with Foo Fighters for the title of "Best Band That Consistently Puts Out Catchy Singles While Producing Shitty Albums" or B.B.T.C.P.O.C.S.W.P.S.A. for short.

Every STP or Foo Fighters song I hear on the radio I dig, but then when I buy/download the album I immediately regret my decision.

Step off the Foo man.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM

I know what you're talking about with Foo Fighters. After Colour and the Shape, I haven't liked the Foo Fighters. Best of You is the lone exception.

However, STP's Core, Purple and Tiny Music are all great albums. What's more, each album is different the the previous. Core just rocked hard. Purple had times of rock and started to show their versatility. Tiny Music completely reinvented them as pop-rock but every song was different in sound than the other. From there, Four was quality, but merely had its moments, highlighted by Sour Girl, but emphasized by Down. Shangri-La-Dee-Da was a bit of a hodge podge and I can see your point here. But in general, I don't think STP is anywhere near the Foo Fighters for this "honor" of yours.

mrsmaalox
02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Step off the Foo man.

Really. I've had absolutely no trouble with any foo since they've been around!

T Park
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
So this is STP WITH Weiland? That's AWESOME news!!!

As for the lineup... Filter, Sevendust and Flyleaf are all good bands. Filter was very cutting edge and trendsetting with their first two albums and Sevendust, while never living up to their potential, was a very good band. Flyleaf is on my list only because I'm a sucker for female rockers. I loved Manson of Garbage and still listen to Veruca Salt. She's not anywhere near their level, but her voice is unique and the band's guitar riffs are pretty good.

I have never heard of flyleaf before, but if they are like Veruca Salt, I'll give em a listen.

Didn't Veruca Salt release like two singles then break up? :lol

I just remember them being a band of semi hot chicks.
Wich at the time, was hot.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Veruca Salt has four albums, the most recent was released in 2006. They've released albums in 1994 (American Thighs), 1997 (Eight Arms To Hold You), 2000 (Resolver) and 2006 (IV). I have no idea if they ever broke up, but it seems like it's a possibility with a six-year break twixt Resolver and IV.

Flyleaf is quality. I wouldn't pay to see them headline, but I'd certainly watch their set at something like this.

I don't own their album, but I downloaded two or three of their best songs off iTunes. Their album was solid, but I don't buy many anymore.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I have never heard of flyleaf before, but if they are like Veruca Salt, I'll give em a listen.

Didn't Veruca Salt release like two singles then break up? :lol

I just remember them being a band of semi hot chicks.
Wich at the time, was hot.

Go to Youtube. They have a bunch of videos of them. Here's an acoustic version of Fully Alive. Shows off the vocal range. Good stuff...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yBw-MCGirs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yBw-MCGirs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

T Park
02-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I have no idea if they ever broke up, but it seems like it's a possibility with a six-year break twixt Resolver and IV.

Im more than likely wrong.

Back in middle school or high school I remember saying "I like this band" and someone saying they broke up.

leemajors
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
afterwards did he morph his hand into a knife and kill everyone named John?
yes he did. i think robert patrick when i hear filter.

blackbucket
02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
STP had a couple shitty albums but as a whole, they're a good band. And oh yeah, I like Default so fuck off.

Medvedenko
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
STP had a couple shitty albums but as a whole, they're a good band. And oh yeah, I like Default so fuck off.

Dude, you have tool in your pic and like fucking default.....damn.....

Those fuckers were produced by Nickelback and their inane music lives on . Coupled with Theory of a Deadman....

I'm from Canada and an alternative radio station in Calgary has a no Nickelback gaurantee, along with no Default or afformentioned Theory....