PDA

View Full Version : Who wins Daytona?



samikeyp
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
My choice...

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/0000ampenergycar.jpg

dawn
02-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Tony "I'm off of the Subway Diet" Stewart is gonna be tough. I want to go with my heart and say Jr will or Yeley, but who knows, it is Daytona and it is all about not getting caught up at the end in "THE BIG ONE"!!

As long as uni-brow or his boyfriend don't win it, I am golden...or Mark Martin...ha ha

Duncan21
02-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Are any nascar drivers foreign or are they all american?

samikeyp
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Duncan..there are 4 non-American born drivers who will be running in Nascar this year.

Juan Pablo Montoya
Jacques Villeneuve
Patrick Carpentier
Dario Franchitti



Tony "I'm off of the Subway Diet" Stewart is gonna be tough. I want to go with my heart and say Jr will or Yeley, but who knows, it is Daytona and it is all about not getting caught up at the end in "THE BIG ONE"!!

As long as uni-brow or his boyfriend don't win it, I am golden...or Mark Martin...ha ha

Uni-brow?

I am guessing Gordon and Johnson? :lol

Evan
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
so they race cars in a circle and stuff?

I Kid I Kid!

I actually like how they present this on TV. Makes a non fan enjoy it.

degenerate_gambler
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Gordon

dawn
02-15-2008, 12:58 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7798918_7_2.jpg

T Park
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
My boy from his days in the midget and sprint ranks, one of the greatest racers of our generation and no one knows it.

Tony Stewart.

Dudes hilarious and a great guy too.

I wish he was still in Indycars :depressed

T Park
02-17-2008, 03:53 PM
early on the Toyotas are strong as expected.

T Stewart out front :smokin


If you remember correctly, last year Tony Stewart was dominating until that douchenozzle Kurt Busch wrecked him.

Stay out of the way Kurt and you'll be fine.

T Park
02-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Running 10th.

Sam hornish jr.

Remember that name. Dude was a STUD in indycars, one of the nicest guys youll ever meet.

Indy 500 champion.


my second favorite driver behind T Stewart, easily.

T Park
02-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Sammy hornish in 12th.

Dudes running a hell of a first daytona 500.

T Park
02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Now in 10th!!!! :elephant

T Park
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
T Stewart In The Lead With 30 To Go!!!!!!!!!

Whooo Lets Go Tony!!!

IceColdBrewski
02-17-2008, 06:32 PM
My boy from his days in the midget and sprint ranks, one of the greatest racers of our generation and no one knows it.

Tony Stewart.

Dudes hilarious and a great guy too.


He might be a great guy off the track, but on the track he's an asshole. I tried to like him. I really did. But the guy would wreck his own mother if it meant winning a race.

T Park
02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Boo hoo.


Ryan Newman wins, Kurt Busch second, T Stewart 3rd 4th Kyle Busch.


Awesome run Tony!!!

Congrats to Ryan Newman, another good open wheeler that ran at IRP, Winchester and the best of the best.

samikeyp
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
My boy from his days in the midget and sprint ranks, one of the greatest racers of our generation and no one knows it.

Tony Stewart.

Dudes hilarious and a great guy too.

I wish he was still in Indycars :depressed

I would disagree, I think he is very well known especially to those who follow racing. I think at times his temper gets the best of him but he is still a hell of a driver.

IceColdBrewski
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Boo hoo.


Yeah, I'm all broken up about it. :rolleyes

Just stating a fact. You know it. I know it. Everyone on the track knows it. Hell, Stewart was already put on a 6 race probation before the first race of the season for wrecking Kurt Busch into the wall during a practice session. A practice session! And what does Stewart do when he meets up with Kurt in the Garage area after wrecking him? Does he say sorry? Does he offer to take him out for a steak and a cold one? Of course not. Being the "great guy" Stewart is, he hauls off and punches the guy. I guess wrecking his car just didn't seem like enough.

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. I started watching back in the days of Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Neil Bonnet, Cale Yarborough, et al. Back then it was all about horsepower and skill. Not wrecking the guy in front of you to move up to the front. I remember a Richard Petty interview a few years ago. The interviwer asked him about the influx of young drivers who seemed hell bent on bumping and banging their way to the front from the very first lap. Petty said something along the lines of, "they wouldn't have lasted 2 races back in the old days. Anyone who tried that stuff back then got some sense beat into them at the local waterin' hole after the race."

I blame Dale Earnhardt Sr and NASCAR. Dale for starting the "wreck em if ya can't pass em" era. And NASCAR for selling their soul to that style of racing just because Dale was such a cash cow. The sport hasn't been the same since. I'll still tune in to root for good guys like Jeff Burton, Bobby Labonte, Jaime McMurray, Matt Kenseth, Mark Martin, etc. Humble, down-to-earth guys who win the right way. The clean way. But more often than not, those guys get caught up in crashes started by guys like Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, and of course, your hero Tony Stewart.

The "good ol' boy" days of the sport are quickly dying. Pretty soon, it's gonna be nothin but young, condescending, pretty boy punks who are wrecking each other from start to finish. Good times.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:30 PM
So I guess you didn't like AJ Foyt then.

T Park
02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I would disagree, I think he is very well known especially to those who follow racing. I think at times his temper gets the best of him but he is still a hell of a driver.


Well i think people don't put him up there with some of the guys like Foyt, Andretti, Gurney and all of them, when he deservedly deserves to.

IceColdBrewski
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
So I guess you didn't like AJ Foyt then.

I was a Mario Andretti fan.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm just happy a Toyota didn't win. It will be a sad day when we have the Japanese celebrating a win in the "Great American Race"