PDA

View Full Version : Its Official - J Kidd to Dallas

sribb43
02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
check the top of cbssportsline.com

The Nets trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
OMG!

What a huge trade.

Holy. Crap.

Biggest trade deadline in NBA history?

bdictjames
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
:lol:

JKidd is back in Dallas!!!

JamStone
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Mavs need to coax PJ Brown out of retirement.

baseline bum
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM
OMG... I can't believe the bastards were actually stupid enough to do it!

JamStone
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
The NBA should be like the PGA and have a "Champions" division like the "Champions Tour." Dallas and Phoenix would kick ass in that league.

Flight3107
Just fucking great

Cry Havoc
So they give up their PG of the future, their "Duncan stopper", and their best bench player?

Woooooow. Interesting.

Just one thought.

Is there a player left in the West that can guard Parker? :lol

Next Superstar
02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
So will stackhouse stay with new jersery? Man thats tough to give up on a promising player like harris.

bdictjames
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
So they give up their PG of the future, their "Duncan stopper", and their best bench player?

Woooooow. Interesting.

Just one thought.

Lol, Marion and Harris are gone.

I dont know. Does Alston give Parker fits?

ludda
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm probably one of the few that thinks it's not a bad deal. I think Harris overrated, great defender and good against certain teams but certainly not going to help with the whole court vision/floor general/better ball movement everyone always says about the Mavs

anyways WTF THIS SEASON IS FUCKED UP

ancestron
02-13-2008, 02:45 PM
WOohoo!!!! lmao

Next Superstar
Stackhouse and harris always played well vs the warriors i definetely want a playoff rematch now.

nkdlunch
:lmao

monosylab1k
i still see nothing on ESPN, CNNSI, Dallas Morning News, local radio, or anything else. I need at least 1 more confirmation.

Flight3107
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
This might be the only time I think Donnie Nelson was high while making a trade

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Dallas has no one to guard Tony.

Phoenix has no one to guard Tony.

Call me crazy, but is it stupid to say that only LA and Utah now match up well with the Spurs at all?

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
i still see nothing on ESPN, CNNSI, Dallas Morning News, local radio, or anything else. I need at least 1 more confirmation.

Espn.com reports that the deal is very close to completion, so i think this is pretty much a done deal.

ApolloCreed
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Call me crazy, but is it stupid to say that only LA and Utah now match up well with the Spurs at all?

Tony Parker doesn't worry Phoenix or Dallas.

Its Duncan and Ginobili who will make the difference for the Spurs.

Shank
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Are you saying Parker > Kidd AND Nash? Maybe in quickness, but not as a pure PG. It's been proven that Nash and Kidd make those around them better. I like the reaction from Spurs fans now that this is going down that fucking Tony Parker is now the Superman they want him to be. Is he even going to be 100% come playoff time?

himat
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
This season is getting crazier every day. :spin

ApolloCreed
02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
What is Dallas thinking?

THis isn't like where Phoenix traded one player from their rotation...

Dallas is giving up a lot of offense in Stack and Harris and their longest defender in Diop.

The only way this would make sense is if Dallas KNEW Stack was gonna get bought out.

1Parker1
This doesn't help the Mavs against the Spurs, but this is a GREAT trade for them against every other team in the West. :tu

WOW, I cannot believe the # of big trades...ALL IN THE WEST that have taken place in the past 3 weeks.

ApolloCreed
Im sure Dallas likes the Parker vs. Kidd matchup.

sribb43
Are you saying Parker > Kidd AND Nash? Maybe in quickness, but not as a pure PG. It's been proven that Nash and Kidd make those around them better. I like the reaction from Spurs fans now that this is going down that fucking Tony Parker is now the Superman they want him to be. Is he even going to be 100% come playoff time?

what are you smokin, on the defensive end Kidd nor Nash have any chance against Tony....I can see JET or Kidd getting burned by Parker like Nash used to get burned by Bibby back in the day

maxpower
02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Doesn't cbs sportsline say something like Nets agree?

Waiting for Mavs agree.

By the way, can I safely assume it is the mavs who have been the instigators?

Considering they are throwing in picks and money...they must be the ones.

monosylab1k
WFAN radio in New York is reporting it as a done deal.

ludda
Some people are overrating Harris.

I like this deal as a Spurs fan, but Harris was not some lockdown defender.

ludda
02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
This doesn't help the Mavs against the Spurs, but this is a GREAT trade for them against every other team in the West. :tu

WOW, I cannot believe the # of big trades...ALL IN THE WEST that have taken place in the past 3 weeks.

I agree.

florige
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
So basically they trade away all the players that gave us trouble consistently. Don't understand this trade at all.

himat
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
I think from a Spurs point of view, Dallas made a huge mistake. I think that this could be an upgrade against everyone else though.

florige
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM

He's the only one who I have seen who could stay with Parker.

Next Superstar
So are carter and jefferson going to pout now that jkidd is gone?

Shank
Kidd, Howard and Dirk as Dallas' "Big 3"
Parker, Manu and Duncan as San Antonio's...

How is that lopsided in any way?

sribb43
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I think from a Spurs point of view, Dallas made a huge mistake. I think that this could be an upgrade against everyone else though.

well you can say the mavs were built to beat 1 team now they are better off against the rest of the teams.

1/8 - spurs
7/8 - rest of the league

ill take the rest of the league

ElNono
02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
So, is Pop's trade committee going to approve this deal or not?

sribb43
02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Kidd, Howard and Dirk as Dallas' "Big 3"
Parker, Manu and Duncan as San Antonio's...

How is that lopsided in any way?

no playoff collapses...championship experience...finals mvp's....anything else

Cry Havoc
Tony Parker doesn't worry Phoenix or Dallas.

Its Duncan and Ginobili who will make the difference for the Spurs.

Hahaha, yeah, cause Tony can't beat you by himself if he's given free reign with no one to stop him. Just ask the Cavs how easy he is to stop. :fro

Did I say that? I did not. However, Kidd and Nash will never be able to slow Parker on their BEST day as a defender. Huge mismatch for the Spurs.

Flight3107
Fuck Yeah !!!!

Mo Ager Is Gone !!!!!!

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:02 PM
I agree that this hurts us against the Spurs. I'm very much willing to live with that.

I'm not downplaying the mighty Spurs here, but I am of the opinion that I'd rather have this team better equipped to beat other teams in the playoffs. I'll take my chances with less matchup advantages against San Antonio as long as we're tougher against Golden State, Utah, etc.

We've gotta beat more teams than just San Antonio. Beating them is a huge deal, and by no means a guarantee, but who cares about beating SA if you can't beat Utah or Golden State?

nkdlunch
So, is Pop's trade committee going to approve this deal or not?

this trade is sponsored by Pop's commitee

degenerate_gambler
mav fan.....

is this a cuban move trumping aj's stance that the team was fine or was the coach behind a shakeup of sorts as well?

sribb43
02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Fuck Yeah !!!!

Mo Ager Is Gone !!!!!!

Thats was the Mavs main objective in the deal....that alone makes the trade great :clap

Flight3107
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Looks like Stackhouse will probably be a Mav in 30 days

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
OMG!

What a huge trade.

Holy. Crap.

Biggest trade deadline in NBA history?

Maybe in terms of what's involved, but the Shaq/Marion trade is bigger because no one expected it.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:06 PM
mav fan.....

is this a cuban move trumping aj's stance that the team was fine or was the coach behind a shakeup of sorts as well?
I could care less what Avery thinks at this point. He's been mismanaging this team since game 3 of the 2006 Finals and I think he needs to get his shit together coaching the team instead of being focused on big trades.

But bringing in a smart PG probably makes Avery happy.

maxpower
02-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Cuban says Harris is a top 5 point guard.

EarlBoykinsDynasty
I Told yalll niggas

Cry Havoc
I agree that this hurts us against the Spurs. I'm very much willing to live with that.

I'm not downplaying the mighty Spurs here, but I am of the opinion that I'd rather have this team better equipped to beat other teams in the playoffs. I'll take my chances with less matchup advantages against San Antonio as long as we're tougher against Golden State, Utah, etc.

We've gotta beat more teams than just San Antonio. Beating them is a huge deal, and by no means a guarantee, but who cares about beating SA if you can't beat Utah or Golden State?

I agree, you have to do something to deal with Golden State, but how does Kidd solve this problem? You still have no one to shut down their helter-skelter style of play. You need a Bowen or an Artest, someone to get up in their face. Kidd is great, but is he going to solve Dirk's problems in the playoffs? Dirk is still primarily a really really really really tall spot-up shooter. You still have no one to take it into the post and grind it out when necessary.

Also, I'm not sure of the wisdom of making yourself worse agains the Spurs. You're not going to be happy with Tony traipsing through the lane now like it's his own personal dance-floor.

I mean no disrespect, I just have to wonder how this is going to shake down.

BacktoBasics
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Prediction:

Nets will buyout Stack and the Spurs will sign him and that'll be the big Spurs move we've all been waiting for. Then I'll vomit.

maxpower
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't like the reports that Stackhouse will be bought out by the Nets.

If so, I can see him being included in the deal with the understanding that he will be bought out and will sign with the Mavs in 30 days.

radio speculation...would account for the money the mavs would send the nets.

Well...don't the suns have an exception?
I know rumors are them taking on Artest but they can surely throw a wrench into Dallas's plans.

sribb43
Cuban says Harris is a top 5 point guard.

im sure that was to build him up and up his value

Cry Havoc
Maybe in terms of what's involved, but the Shaq/Marion trade is bigger because no one expected it.

Trade deadline.

Not trade.

The KG deal is still the biggest of the year, IMO.

But three massive deals before the deadline, with perhaps others in the works.... how awesome is this? I love the NBA. It's going to be fun seeing the new players work into the playoffs with their respective teams. Almost feels like NBA 2k8 with a bunch friends sitting around making trades for fun.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:11 PM

If there ever was a season to have that problem, it would be this one with Tony Parker getting injured and supposedly will have lingering effects all season long until he takes the summer off.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Norm Hitzges was just on the Ticket in Dallas suggesting that the Mavs are also looking into Mike Miller. Total rumor, but...............that would be bad ass.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
So basically they trade away all the players that gave us trouble consistently. Don't understand this trade at all.

Aren't the Spurs currently in 6th place in the West? I think Dallas is concerned about matching up against other WC teams.

mikejones99
Does this mean his whore and lil bastard gonna have front row seats in Dallas now?

Cry Havoc
If there ever was a season to have that problem, it would be this one with Tony Parker getting injured and supposedly will have lingering effects all season long until he takes the summer off.

Tony on one and a half legs and 6 functioning toes is still faster than 9/10ths of the guards in the NBA.

And banking your hopes for a championship run on an injury is kind of crazy. Not to mention desperate.

sribb43
Aren't the Spurs currently in 6th place in the West? I think Dallas is concerned about matching up against other WC teams.

ya matchup with 1 team or 7 others

1Parker1
02-13-2008, 03:16 PM

:tu Exactly why this makes sense for the Mavs. Though it shortened their window of opportunity to win a championship.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 03:16 PM
ya matchup with 1 team or 7 others

It might be worth noting that since 2004 only one team in the West has won an NBA title. So not only are you selling your future short, you're simultaneously guaranteeing a mismatch with that one team? Just... kind of interesting.

LakeShow
02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
:lol @ Spurs fans who thinks it's all about them!

Dallas probably realized that the Spurs are done so they felt like they needed to try to match up with the real powers of the league. :fro

I still don't think that trade helps dallas much but maybe cuban has something else up his sleezes.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Tony on one and a half legs and 6 functioning toes is still faster than 9/10ths of the guards in the NBA.

And banking your hopes for a championship run on an injury is kind of crazy. Not to mention desperate.

Homerism is great, isn't it?

And, no, banking on a future injury is kind of crazy. Realizing that an injury that has already occurred will help your chances is reality.

Cry Havoc
:lol @ Spurs fans who thinks it's all about them!

Dallas probably realized that the Spurs are done so they felt like they needed to try to match up with the real powers of the league. :fro

I still don't think that trade helps dallas much but maybe cuban has something else up his sleezes.

Your troll-fu sucks ass.

I can't wait until you try to guard Duncan with Bynum and/or Gasol and he embarasses them. :lmao

1Parker1
I agree, you have to do something to deal with Golden State, but how does Kidd solve this problem? You still have no one to shut down their helter-skelter style of play. You need a Bowen or an Artest, someone to get up in their face. Kidd is great, but is he going to solve Dirk's problems in the playoffs? Dirk is still primarily a really really really really tall spot-up shooter. You still have no one to take it into the post and grind it out when necessary.

What are you talking about? The Mavs biggest problem the last two years is lack of leadership on the court and a lack of playmaker in the crunch time who they could depend on to make the right play or pass. Harris was neither of things and Kidd can bring both those things. It's a great deal for the Mavs, I think.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
It might be worth noting that since 2004 only one team in the West has won an NBA title. So not only are you selling your future short, you're simultaneously guaranteeing a mismatch with that one team? Just... kind of interesting.

Actually, since 2002. But, that's good Spurs history on your part.

Cry Havoc
Homerism is great, isn't it?

And, no, banking on a future injury is kind of crazy. Realizing that an injury that has already occurred will help your chances is reality.

Hyperbole to Jamstone: Please look me up in the dictionary. Thanks.

sribb43

im not disrespecting the Spurs bc they still have a great shot to win it all but there not going to win it every year and the older they get the greater their chances decrease

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Hyperbole to Jamstone: Please look me up in the dictionary. Thanks.

Hyperbole only applies if you didn't actually believe what you wrote.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
What number is Kidd gonna wear? Josh Howard already has 5. Kidd wore 32 in PHX, but Brandon Bass has that one.

himat
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Harris is not a top 5 PG

Nash, Kidd, Chauncey, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Baron Davis, and Gilbert Arenas are better than him.

LakeShow
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Your troll-fu sucks ass.

I can't wait until you try to guard Duncan with Bynum and/or Gasol and he embarasses them. :lmao

I hope you guys make it that far so we can see. Right now it doesn't look good for the home team! :)

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Harris is not a top 5 PG

Nash, Kidd, Chauncey, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Baron Davis, and Gilbert Arenas are better than him.
:tu Mavs fans have a hard-on for Harris after half a good season. He's great, but not elite-level, and definitely not untouchable. Thankfully the Mavs F.O. figured that out.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
So we get Jason Kidd, Malik Allen,& Antoine Wright for Devin Harris, Diop, Ager & George.

We give them draft picks that we would have otherwise wasted on shitty Euros or Keith Van Horn clones.

Stackhouse gets to rest his knees for a month.

I'm pretty pleased with this deal :tu

ancestron
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I Told yalll niggas

Yeah, gotta hand it to ya. You knew all along.

florige
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM

Yeah barely at the midway point. I think it's premature to count the Spurs out now. You still have to take into consideration that Dallas was still a good team with Harris and Stack and Diop. Adding an aging Kidd is shaky imo when you already had something that worked. But whatever...

JamStone
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah barely at the midway point. I think it's premature to count the Spurs out now. You still have to take into consideration that Dallas was still a good team with Harris and Stack and Diop. Adding an aging Kidd is shaky imo when you already had something that worked. But whatever...

50 games through the season for the Spurs. Not "barely" at the midway point. And, the Spurs actually have a pretty difficult schedule the rest of the way, including 18 games in March with 10 on the road, 7 of those being against playoff teams, and 6 back-to-back sets, in the month of March alone.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I hope you guys make it that far so we can see. Right now it doesn't look good for the home team! :)

Yeah, I mean, we're a whole HALF GAME behind you in the standing when one of our 3 best players has been hurt for all but 3 games of the season. We'll probably end up as the 12th seed in the West and get a top 5 pick.

Hyperbole only applies if you didn't actually believe what you wrote.

:rolleyes
Yes. Parker with no legs and one hand is faster than every other person on the planet.

im not disrespecting the Spurs bc they still have a great shot to win it all but there not going to win it every year and the older they get the greater their chances decrease

They won the title last year, and except for Phoenix never even saw a game 6, let alone a 7 game series. Seems like they're not -that- old yet. And I agree with you, but Dallas just got a hell of a lot older too, so it closed the window on their franchise quite a bit.

What are you talking about? The Mavs biggest problem the last two years is lack of leadership on the court and a lack of playmaker in the crunch time who they could depend on to make the right play or pass. Harris was neither of things and Kidd can bring both those things. It's a great deal for the Mavs, I think.

They also run an offense primarily out of an iso-set, relying on one-on-one mismatches. Kidd does NOT add another scorer, just a playmaker. And it's going to take him quite a while to adapt to these players in terms of performing at a playoff level. Guards out West on the elite teams are going to give him problems. Deron, CP3, and Tony are going to light him up all night long. And yes, leadership is important, but I'm not sure he's good enough to lead them to the title. You need to have weapons to lead and ways to match up... I still don't see the Mavs matching up well with Golden State, the Spurs, the Lakers or the Jazz on defense. Tony is going to kill them. The twin Towers + Odom AND Kobe are just going to be a nightmare for Dallas to man-up with. Deron is going to wreak havoc, especially with a big like Boozer. And Golden State... they really didn't pick up anyone to shut down those gunners.

And yes. They had to do something. I just don't know if this is enough to get them into the Finals.

sribb43
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Trade deadline.

Not trade.

The KG deal is still the biggest of the year, IMO.

But three massive deals before the deadline, with perhaps others in the works.... how awesome is this? I love the NBA. It's going to be fun seeing the new players work into the playoffs with their respective teams. Almost feels like NBA 2k8 with a bunch friends sitting around making trades for fun.

yep these trades seem like my NBA 2k8 Online league

Vinnie_Johnson
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
That's a lot to give up but if Dallas wins a ring it was worth it.

florige
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
50 games through the season for the Spurs. Not "barely" at the midway point. And, the Spurs actually have a pretty difficult schedule the rest of the way, including 18 games in March with 10 on the road, 7 of those being against playoff teams, and 6 back-to-back sets, in the month of March alone.

You are acting like we are dead in the water and we are only 2 1/2 games out of first place in the West. What happens now when or if we meet Dallas in the Playoffs. Not only are you not sure what Kidd will bring to the table against the rest of the league, you have now just traded away your three key players that successfully gave a constant contender trouble time and time again.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 03:58 PM
The best thing is that the Mavs still have those KVH rights to use for a push to get Mike Miller. Considering all the Grizz want are expiring contracts, I'm sure we can get rid of some bullshit like Juwan Howard, Barea, etc. along with KVH.

Malik Allen & Antoine Wright are both expiring contracts. Holy shit we set ourselves up perfectly to get Miller also.

lurker
02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats, Mavericks. You just made the Suns look less stupid.

Fucking idiots.

sribb43
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats, Mavericks. You just made the Suns look less stupid.

Fucking idiots.

yes bc our future in Devin Harris and J-Ho were guarenteed to win a title with a declining Dirk

JamStone
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
You are acting like we are dead in the water and we are only 2 1/2 games out of first place in the West. What happens now when or if we meet Dallas in the Playoffs. Not only are you not sure what Kidd will bring to the table against the rest of the league, you have now just traded away your three key players that successfully gave a constant contender trouble time and time again.

I'm acting nothing of the sort. I'm stating factually supported opinions.

San Antonio is currently in 6th place in the West. That is a fact.

Dallas is more concerned with other teams in the West. Judging by the trade they just made, that appears to be true.

The Spurs have a difficult remainder of the regular season schedule, especially in the month of March. It's an opinion, but most people would agree it's difficult.

Tony Parker has a serious injury that may linger the rest of the season. Not undeniable fact, but something that has been reported and which is very likely.

And, the thing is the teams that currently have better records than the Spurs are making attempts to improve their teams.

Believe what you want to believe. I realize you're going to support your team. But, balance it with at least a little reality.

Shank
02-13-2008, 04:12 PM
The best thing is that the Mavs still have those KVH rights to use for a push to get Mike Miller. Considering all the Grizz want are expiring contracts, I'm sure we can get rid of some bullshit like Juwan Howard, Barea, etc. along with KVH.

Malik Allen & Antoine Wright are both expiring contracts. Holy shit we set ourselves up perfectly to get Miller also.

Didn't know that about Allen and Wright - very nice.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Didn't know that about Allen and Wright - very nice.
Yeah according to RealGM they're expiring.

If the Mavs turn around and get Mike Miller also, without giving up Dirk/Howard/Terry, then Donnie Nelson is a fuckin genius.

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Isn't there a waiting period of several months before they can trade players that they just got in trades?

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm acting nothing of the sort. I'm stating factually supported opinions.

San Antonio is currently in 6th place in the West. That is a fact.

Hello, relative fact much? The Spurs are 2.5 games out of FIRST place in the conference. The entire West is separated by 5 games.

Dallas is more concerned with other teams in the West. Judging by the trade they just made, that appears to be true.

So that means it's a smart move, yes? Because they just dominated the Spurs in the playoffs in 2006, when it took 7 games, favorable officiating, a completely stupid foul by a Spurs player, and overtime to get them the win. Yeah, the Spurs are obviously an easy out for Dallas.

The Spurs have a difficult remainder of the regular season schedule, especially in the month of March. It's an opinion, but most people would agree it's difficult.

So is playing in the West. The Spurs have historically struggled through January and into the All-star break.

Tony Parker has a serious injury that may linger the rest of the season. Not undeniable fact, but something that has been reported and which is very likely.

It's also something which is completely up in the air. Unless you have medical evidence that makes it extremely likely that he won't be back at a high level, this is pure conjecture. It "may" linger the rest of the season. It also "may" not.

And, the thing is the teams that currently have better records than the Spurs are making attempts to improve their teams.

Which means nothing. Many see both the Suns and the Mavs as taking a step down out of desperation. "Trying to improve your team" means shit if you make a bad trade. If the Pistons traded Sheed for a couple picks and Billups for Jason Terry under the guise of "improving the team", would you be content? Is there such a thing as a bad trade to you, as long as the team does it to "improve"?

Believe what you want to believe. I realize you're going to support your team. But, balance it with at least a little reality.

How is discussing the matchup with Dallas if these teams meet in the playoffs some kind of fantasy concoction? The Spurs fans are happy because two or three players who were thorns in our side during the 06 run are gone, replaced with a player who we can exploit on defense. I haven't seen a SINGLE Spurs fan rant about how we're locks to win the Title or even win the West yet. We see the Mavs as matching up less proficiently against us now. Yeah, you're right, we're just too unrealistic! :lol Just curious: how's that haterade taste?

Findog
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Fuck

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Isn't there a waiting period of several months before they can trade players that they just got in trades?
I doubt it. Rasheed Wallace played 1 game in Atlanta before going to Detroit. And the Heat are already shopping Shawn Marion around.

Findog
02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Nice panic move

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Fuck no. Kill me now!

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice panic move
you'd like to think that.

The Mavs just confirmed to me that they're serious about winning a title right now. Once they add Mike Miller they will be the frontrunners in the West.

A title isn't guaranteed by any means, but it just got one HELL of a lot more likely.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Are you sure you're going to land Miller, Mono?

LEONARD
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
If so, I can see him being included in the deal with the understanding that he will be bought out and will sign with the Mavs in 30 days.

Yep...

Holmes_Fans
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM

Right now it's who gives a hell about the future. For both PHX and Dallas if they don't win a championship the next 2 years their popularity will go wayyyyy down. They both have enough talent, or for the suns a system that will keep them from being 9-40 two years later.

ludda
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Allen and Wright for Miller?
Please Noooo.

monosylab1k
Haha no i'm not at all sure, but it's my new hope. They're in perfect position to do so now that they have quite a few expiring contracts, something Memphis currently covets.

Jeremy
I doubt it. Rasheed Wallace played 1 game in Atlanta before going to Detroit. And the Heat are already shopping Shawn Marion around.

Ok, I just went to ESPN.com's trade machine (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine), and it says that if a team is over the salary cap, they can't trade a player they got in a trade in combination with other players for 2 months, but they can trade the player by himself.

fitzgerald
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM

Not all Mav fans are against this. The window is closing. We don't have time to wait on Devin Harris. The team needed a shakeup. If Stack comes back then the only hole left is a big man to replace Diop. He wasn't all that anyway so replacing him won't be that difficult. PJ Brown could add more quickly.

monosylab1k
Ok, I just went to ESPN.com's trade machine (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine), and it says that if a team is over the salary cap, they can't trade a player they just got in a trade in combination with other players, but they can trade the player by himself.
I wasn't aware of that, but they still have plenty of chips to deal with in order to get Miller. It's definitely tougher if that's the case, though.

mavsfan1000

The Mavs just confirmed to me that they're serious about winning a title right now. Once they add Mike Miller they will be the frontrunners in the West.

A title isn't guaranteed by any means, but it just got one HELL of a lot more likely.
The mavs just confirmed to me that they are done. Kidd at 35 is not going to make up for all those players we lost.

Findog
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM

if we get miller, I'll feel less bad. but right now, that's a big IF. Mavs aren't the only team that wants him.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Not all Mav fans are against this. The window is closing. We don't have time to wait on Devin Harris. The team needed a shakeup. If Stack comes back then the only hole left is a big man to replace Diop. He wasn't all that anyway so replacing him won't be that difficult. PJ Brown could add more quickly.

I don't understand why people think I'm disagreeing with teams for making a trade. L.A. made a GREAT trade. The Heat got an all-star for a guy who didn't even want to be there. I'm not just picking teams I don't like, because personally I hate the Lakers but they are obviously now more of a threat.

I agree that the Mavs had to do something. But that doesn't mean that making a trade for a big name player makes them better. Kidd is an AMAZING player, I'm just not sure he matches up well with guards in the West come playoff time.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello, relative fact much? The Spurs are 2.5 games out of FIRST place in the conference. The entire West is separated by 5 games.

You can add any adjective you want, it's a fact.

So that means it's a smart move, yes? Because they just dominated the Spurs in the playoffs in 2006, when it took 7 games, favorable officiating, a completely stupid foul by a Spurs player, and overtime to get them the win. Yeah, the Spurs are obviously an easy out for Dallas.

Never said it was a smart move. I simply stated that Dallas is more concerned with matching up with other teams in the West. Never said that Dallas would beat the Spurs with or without Kidd. You're coming up with imaginary assumptions of things you think I'm thinking. And, you'd be inaccurate assuming such things.

So is playing in the West. The Spurs have historically struggled through January and into the All-star break.

Don't deny it. It doesn't change the fact that the Spurs have a difficult remainder of the schedule, now does it?

It's also something which is completely up in the air. Unless you have medical evidence that makes it extremely likely that he won't be back at a high level, this is pure conjecture. It "may" linger the rest of the season. It also "may" not.

Hence my use of the word "may" and not "will." You aren't refuting anything I've written.

Which means nothing. Many see both the Suns and the Mavs as taking a step down out of desperation. "Trying to improve your team" means shit if you make a bad trade. If the Pistons traded Sheed for a couple picks and Billups for Jason Terry under the guise of "improving the team", would you be content? Is there such a thing as a bad trade to you, as long as the team does it to "improve"?

Which means nothing in your opinion. Others could and do disagree. Again, find where I ever said it was a good trade for Dallas. I didn't. Not once. I made comments on what Dallas feels and that the Spurs aren't as important to match-up in their point of view. You again are foolishly looking to make assumptions on how I feel about the trade. I haven't said it was a good trade for Dallas. I said Dallas is more concerened with matching up with other teams other than the Spurs. Stop assuming.

How is discussing the matchup with Dallas if these teams meet in the playoffs some kind of fantasy concoction? The Spurs fans are happy because two or three players who were thorns in our side during the 06 run are gone, replaced with a player who we can exploit on defense. I haven't seen a SINGLE Spurs fan rant about how we're locks to win the Title or even win the West yet. We see the Mavs as matching up less proficiently against us now. Yeah, you're right, we're just too unrealistic! :lol Just curious: how's that haterade taste?

Putting more words in my mouth. Making more assumptions. I said balance supporting your team with a little reality. You are trying to read into what I write way too much. I didn't speak at all on the players that Spurs fans are happy to be seen traded from Dallas. Why bring that up when I didn't even address that?

Enough Havoc. Stop crying to me.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
The mavs just confirmed to me that they are done. Kidd at 35 is not going to make up for all those players we lost.
you're an idiot. we lost devin harris and two role players who aren't that great. stackhouse is coming back in 30 days.

This is a great trade, and if they get Mike Miller as well, it means the Mavericks just stepped up to the Western Conference table, dropped their pants, slapped their dick onto the table and told everybody else there "Beat that, motherfuckers".

big3bigD
02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
they could also re-visit the Magette deal with the Clips. Getting either Miller or Magette would be huge....

maxpower
02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
The good thing about Kidd from a Spurs fan's perspective is
1) He cannot defend Parker.
2) His offense does not scare the Spurs, therefore they can defend him straight up.

thispego
02-13-2008, 04:33 PM
getting rid of devin harris can only be good for Dallas

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
they could also re-visit the Magette deal with the Clips. Getting either Miller or Magette would be huge....
Maggette might be even better since he's a slasher. Jason Kidd could feed him so many easy layups it'll be stupid.

Findog
02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
What was that Jack Nicholson movie? Mavs just traded away 10 years of Amanda Peet (Devin Harris) for three months of Diane Keaton (Kidd)...

but it might be worth it if we get Mike Miller

fitzgerald
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
What was that Jack Nicholson movie? Mavs just traded away 10 years of Amanda Peet (Devin Harris) for three months of Diane Keaton (Kidd)...

but it might be worth it if we get Mike Miller

And how many years does Dirk have? Exactly! That is what the Front office is thinking. The window is short.

Medvedenko
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Good trade....Mavs need leadership and they've been struggling lately. Kidd will definitely help. It will take pressure off Dirk and let Howard catch alley oops all day. Unless they make more moves, but their bench is a little thin now.

Findog
02-13-2008, 04:40 PM
I hope for the sake of my Mavs, I'm wrong about this trade. I'd rather be wrong and celebrate a title than be right

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:40 PM
What we needed most was leadership and something to shake up our stagnant, simplistic, predictable offense. We addressed both of those issues with this trade.

ludda
02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
From reading various opinions all over, Ive come to one conclusion: Harris is becoming quickly overrated and Kidd underrated.

BUT its still up in the air, like all trades, time will tell. matchup wise, its great for the Spurs though.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
You can add any adjective you want, it's a fact.

Ah, so you're in the business of just stating things because they are facts, right? I could list a few. It's 3:34 CST as I type this. The computer I'm typing at is a Dell. Facts without a reason behind them are fucking pointless, and so is pointing out the Spurs are 2.5 games out of the 8th seed is pretty pointless when the team concerned is only a half-game ahead of the Spurs, and EVERY team is within 5.5 games of missing the playoffs in the West.

Never said it was a smart move. I simply stated that Dallas is more concerned with matching up with other teams in the West. Never said that Dallas would beat the Spurs with or without Kidd. You're coming up with imaginary assumptions of things you think I'm thinking. And, you'd be inaccurate assuming such things.

Of course, you're Switzerland in this matter. You're taking a neutral stance so you appear to be "in the right" either way. So just answer the question: Is this a good trade for the Mavs?

Don't deny it. It doesn't change the fact that the Spurs have a difficult remainder of the schedule, now does it?

Again, is there a point to this? Unless you seriously think the Spurs are in danger of missing the playoffs?

Hence my use of the word "may" and not "will." You aren't refuting anything I've written.

Because you're making pointless assertions. I own an iPod. AHAHAHA YOU CANT REFUTE MY FACTOIDS! :lol

Which means nothing in your opinion. Others could and do disagree. Again, find where I ever said it was a good trade for Dallas. I didn't. Not once. I made comments on what Dallas feels and that the Spurs aren't as important to match-up in their point of view. You again are foolishly looking to make assumptions on how I feel about the trade. I haven't said it was a good trade for Dallas. I said Dallas is more concerened with matching up with other teams other than the Spurs. Stop assuming.

Wow, thanks for telling me that my speculations as to whether a team will be better or worse because of a trade is an opinion. OMG, people disagree with me! Oh noes! The horror! I was completely unaware. You might want to mention that to every single other poster in the thread. I mean, not all of us only state facts, like you. Though the slant to your facts certainly hint at one thing -- you might be just a little bit scared of the Spurs. :lol

Enough Havoc. Stop crying to me.

Ah, the mark of someone who has a lot of important, insightful things to say, that they have to resort to making lame witticisms at another person's message board name. Truly, you are just too quick for me to keep up with.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
like I said before, Kidd was playing this summer with a team full of the best players in the NBA, and he was arguably the best of the bunch.

That's a guy who is over the hill?

fitzgerald
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
From reading various opinions all over, Ive come to one conclusion: Harris is becoming quickly overrated and Kidd underrated.

BUT its still up in the air, like all trades, time will tell. matchup wise, its great for the Spurs though.

Provided Parker comes back 100%. Stackhouse will be back. We get more experience that we desperately needed. If you can remove the bone-headed mistakes the Mavs have made late in games, then wow. I get more excited the more I think about it.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
you're an idiot. we lost devin harris and two role players who aren't that great. stackhouse is coming back in 30 days.

This is a great trade, and if they get Mike Miller as well, it means the Mavericks just stepped up to the Western Conference table, dropped their pants, slapped their dick onto the table and told everybody else there "Beat that, motherfuckers".
I'd rather have Devin Harris and Desagna Diop than a old broken down Jason Kidd who can't shoot. The Mike Miller trade would have put us over the top with Devin Harris. With the loss of 2 key defensive players, I'm not so sure. Eddie Jones and Jason Kidd. :lol 2 players who used to be.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
What we needed most was leadership and something to shake up our stagnant, simplistic, predictable offense. We addressed both of those issues with this trade.
We were stagnant because we were missing Harris. He is by far our quickest player and replace him with the JET, who is half the speed, caused the team to be stagnant.

Shank
02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Cool - Devin can help the Mavs from afar by leading his Nets to those b2b wins over the Spurs here in a few weeks.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd rather have Devin Harris and Desagna Diop than a old broken down Jason Kidd who can't shoot. The Mike Miller trade would have put us over the top with Devin Harris. With the loss of 2 key defensive players, I'm not so sure. Eddie Jones and Jason Kidd. :lol 2 players who used to be.

This is perhaps the heart of the matter. The Mavs just removed an offensive weapon from their arsenal. I KNOW Kidd is perhaps the most underappreciated point-guard in the game (along with Andre Miller and Jose Calderon), but he cannot shoot to save his life, and the defense in the West is going to be very strong in these playoffs. Teams now not only have a player who they can play off of a bit, but it enables them to move a smaller, quicker player to guard someone else instead of covering Harris. Obviously this benefits the Spurs the most, but defensive liabilities in the West seem to kill teams in the playoffs because there are SO many elite teams who are solid all the way 1-5.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
If things don't go well for Jason Kidd here, he can always beat his wife some more. Not only a has been but a bad guy to go with it.

ratm1221
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
This is just crazy. I totally disagree with this move. :wtf

Mono got his wish. I foresee a first round exit for the Mavs again this year after this trade.

DazedAndConfused
02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
This is perhaps the heart of the matter. The Mavs just removed an offensive weapon from their arsenal. I KNOW Kidd is perhaps the most underappreciated point-guard in the game (along with Andre Miller and Jose Calderon), but he cannot shoot to save his life, and the defense in the West is going to be very strong in these playoffs. Teams now not only have a player who they can play off of a bit, but it enables them to move a smaller, quicker player to guard someone else instead of covering Harris. Obviously this benefits the Spurs the most, but defensive liabilities in the West seem to kill teams in the playoffs because there are SO many elite teams who are solid all the way 1-5.

You don't need to have 5 offensive threats on the floor to win. When the Spurs field a team of Bowen/Oberto/Duncan/Parker/Manu they really only have 3 people that can actually score.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Cry Havoc,

I wasn't making any spectacularly revelations with my comments. Which begs the question why even respond to them? As to answering the question whether I personally think it was a good trade for the Mavs: no, I don't think it was a good trade for the Mavs. Making irrefutable facts should not result in you questioning those facts. That was my point. I made a few comments about how it appears Dallas is more concerned about other teams than Spurs. I mention the Spurs 6th place status, Tony Parker's injury, and the Spurs remaining schedule. Those are all factors as to why Dallas may have felt that they need to worry about other teams and not the Spurs. Again, I didn't say it was right or wrong or that the trade was good or bad or that the Spurs won't make the playoffs. Those are all your ambitious attempts to read my mind. And, I don't know how responding to every single point you made as an indication that I don't have anything insightful to say. But, there you go reading way too deep into things. I was just done going back and forth over stupid shit. Of course, I have a horrible habit of responding when someone directs a post at me. But, go ahead and finish off your next soliloquy and rant. I don't have anything else to add at this point but to say while I generally enjoy a good argument, this one was not one of those times. Then again, this was not a good argument at all because you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
You don't need to have 5 offensive threats on the floor to win. When the Spurs field a team of Bowen/Oberto/Duncan/Parker/Manu they really only have 3 people that can actually score.

True, but it's a bit of a different situation. Oberto and Bowen both have places on the court they can hit from.

Also, I'm not sure if the Mavs have the players that will benefit as much as possible from Kidd. Howard is definitely going to be a beast now, as he cuts and can explode to the hoop well, but I'm not sure how Kidd and Dirk will work as a team.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
How this trade hurts us.
-Shot blocking
-Speed
-Spacing
-Depth
-Future
This trade breaks my heart.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Cry Havoc,

I wasn't making any spectacularly revelations with my comments. Which begs the question why even respond to them?

You're right. I should ignore posts about a huge NBA trade made on a discussion board. My mistake. Forgive me for wanting to talk about the ramifications of this.

I mention the Spurs 6th place status, Tony Parker's injury, and the Spurs remaining schedule. Those are all factors as to why Dallas may have felt that they need to worry about other teams and not the Spurs.

And I was offering evidence as to why that's a stupid mindset to take, especially with the Spurs status as defending champions. If you aren't going to advocate for their viewpoint, why say anything at all? And if you DON'T agree with them, why get offended when I say that it doesn't make sense?

Again, I didn't say it was right or wrong or that the trade was good or bad or that the Spurs won't make the playoffs. Those are all your ambitious attempts to read my mind.

Actually, you seem to be taking the worst-possible scenario for the Spurs in every respect (Parker probably won't be back, they're the 6th seed) and telling Spurs to be "realistic", when I have seem very little homerism from most Spurs fans to this point. Forgive me for thinking you completely neutral, as you seem to be content to let Mavs fans rant about how they're lined up to get Miller (pure speculation).

And, I don't know how responding to every single point you made as
an indication that I don't have anything insightful to say. But, there you go reading way too deep into things. I was just done going back and forth over stupid shit.

Calling out someone by using their handle on this site is the definition of pointless. It would be akin to me saying this trade makes no sense because Kidd probably can't "jam" anything anymore except maybe a "kidney stone". Does it even need to be said?

Of course, I have a horrible habit of responding when someone directs a post at me. But, go ahead and finish off your next soliloquy and rant. I don't have anything else to add at this point but to say while I generally enjoy a good argument, this one was not one of those times./quote]

Wow. I didn't know a disagreement bothered you this much. I pesonally LOVE all the speculation going down now, and that we have essentially 3 brand new teams out West to follow. If you didn't "enjoy" it, why continue to post?

[quote]Then again, this was not a good argument at all because you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

An argument isn't just contradiction.
"It can be."
No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
"No it isn't."
Yes it is! It's not just contradiction!

Slinkyman
02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
remember when tony parker owned kidd in 03, how's kidd gonna guard tony in 08?

remingtonbo2001
02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
:wow

I didn't realize so many teams were intimitaded by the Spurs.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
This is Chris Broussard's take

Dallas is not going to reach the Finals as currently constructed. Now, if the Kidd trade goes through, the Mavs will be as formidable as anyone. One of the greatest benefits of getting Kidd would be the mental toughness he'd bring to the Mavs. Let's just be honest here: The Mavs have not won a title the past two seasons because they have been mentally soft.

The collapse against Miami. The shocker at the hands of the Warriors.

Those were heart issues, not basketball issues.

Now, all that could change. Kidd is as tough as they come on the hoop court, prevailing as much because of his mental toughness as his physical gifts. If Dallas gets beat with Kidd on its roster, it would happen because the other team is better. Not because the Mavs got punked.

I agree 100%

Shank
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM
"Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press.

Stackhouse added that he may be able to rejoin Dallas within 30 days, an indication the Nets would buy out his contract.

"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," he said. "I ain't going nowhere."

BUMP
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
you only need one person on offense who can score, but you'll need all five to play defense.

i dont like this trade

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
And our biggest heart(Stack) is coming right back plus were getting Antoine Wright for a second round draft pick in a seperate deal. This a good deal for Dallas. Alot of people just read the headline or who is in the deal and collapse.

DubMcDub
02-13-2008, 05:30 PM

Woooooow. Interesting.

Just one thought.

I'm thinking Tony McBoneSpurs isn't going to be a huge concern for any west opponents for the foreseeable future.

JamStone
02-13-2008, 05:34 PM
See this is what I hate. I have to respond to your shit because you mischaracterize shit once again.

You're right. I should ignore posts about a huge NBA trade made on a discussion board. My mistake. Forgive me for wanting to talk about the ramifications of this.

No, you should ignore posts that you don't disagree with instead of assuming shit that someone didn't actually post.

And I was offering evidence as to why that's a stupid mindset to take, especially with the Spurs status as defending champions. If you aren't going to advocate for their viewpoint, why say anything at all? And if you DON'T agree with them, why get offended when I say that it doesn't make sense?

I can make comments on something without advocating for one side or another. This isn't an essay contest or a closing argument for a trial. It's a fucking messageboard. And, just because I don't agree with something, it doesn't mean I can't analyze it from the differing point of view. Are there rules to the messageboard as to what posters can post about?

Actually, you seem to be taking the worst-possible scenario for the Spurs in every respect (Parker probably won't be back, they're the 6th seed) and telling Spurs to be "realistic", when I have seem very little homerism from most Spurs fans to this point. Forgive me for thinking you completely neutral, as you seem to be content to let Mavs fans rant about how they're lined up to get Miller (pure speculation).

Please stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth. Never once did I say Parker won't be back. Never once did I say the Spurs would finish with the 6th seed. I said Parker could have lingering effects from his injury. That's been stated in articles written by Spurs beat writers. And, saying the Spurs are the 6th seed was and is a fact. That's what they are. That's what they are. And, what does me not commenting on Mavs fans thinking the Mavs will get Mike Miller have anything to do with anything? My gosh. Where the hell are you coming from with this shit?

Calling out someone by using their handle on this site is the definition of pointless. It would be akin to me saying this trade makes no sense because Kidd probably can't "jam" anything anymore except maybe a "kidney stone". Does it even need to be said?

You're that sensitive because I used a wordplay to end one of my posts? Cry me a fucking river, Britney.

Wow. I didn't know a disagreement bothered you this much. I pesonally LOVE all the speculation going down now, and that we have essentially 3 brand new teams out West to follow. If you didn't "enjoy" it, why continue to post?

Your disagreement bothers me very little. Your stupidity bothers me a whole hell of a lot more. I just explained why I continue to post. When someone directs a post at me, especially when it's filled with assumption and misinformation, I'm compelled to respond, as I have again just done.

An argument isn't just contradiction.
"It can be."
No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
"No it isn't."
Yes it is! It's not just contradiction!

That's the thing. I didn't write my initial posts to get into any discussion or argument. You responded as if you had something to disagree about when in fact you didn't. You didn't disagree with anything I wrote. You made up shit that you thought I was thinking and then disagreed with those made-up assumptions. Get it?

DubMcDub
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
I agree that the Mavs had to do something. But that doesn't mean that making a trade for a big name player makes them better. Kidd is an AMAZING player, I'm just not sure he matches up well with guards in the West come playoff time.

He matches up well with D-Will and Baron. He matches up not so good with Paul, Nash, and Parker. Parker isn't even playing right now, and he may be out for awhile. People underestimate how severe bone spurs are.

And all this talk about "who he doesn't match up well" with completely ignores the fact that Kidd is an amazing PG. Defense is surely important, but it's not like that's the only thing that matters.

JamStone
:wow

I didn't realize so many teams were intimitaded by the Spurs.

The Phoenix and Mavs trades had very little to do with the Spurs as opposed to responding to what the Lakers did.

Cry Havoc
I'm thinking Tony McBoneSpurs isn't going to be a huge concern for any west opponents for the foreseeable future.

You're willing to bet a team's future on that, it seems. Jason McOldman has a few years on Duncan, even.

DubMcDub
02-13-2008, 05:38 PM
You're willing to bet a team's future on that, it seems. Jason McOldman has a few years on Duncan, even.

Our team's "future" as far as a title goes is about 3-4 more years. By the time Kidd is "done", Dirk will no longer be owning fools.

The Mavs aren't going to be a title contender forever. They go as far as Dirk takes them. The entire point of this trade is that the Mavs' FO is finally realizing that.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Our team's "future" as far as a title goes is about 3-4 more years. By the time Kidd is "done", Dirk will no longer be owning fools.

The Mavs aren't going to be a title contender forever. They go as far as Dirk takes them. The entire point of this trade is that the Mavs' FO is finally realizing that.
The mavs aren't title contenders anymore. Jason Kidd is so overrated these days. Watching New Jersey's offense the last couple of season is painful. Kidd has lost a step and still can't shoot. Dallas traded in their future and present with this trade. Watch and see.

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 05:47 PM

I totally agree. He only averaged more than 10 points once in a season. He wasnt some assist machine like Paul or Nash. Nor was he that great of a defender. He was fast and could spread the floor but had a terrible jumpshot and was alot of times out of control and turnover prone. And with Stack back in this deal...this really helps out on the boards. Are we really loosing anything in Ager, George(who wanted out), and Diop. We all love Desagana in Dallas but he has ZERO offensive game and he wasnt some beast like Camby on the boards. Yes we are loosing defense with Diop out, but I think we can pay that toll. And Diop loved it here in Dallas and there is a possiblity we could always bring him back in the offseason as an unrestricted FA. This deal really kills us in size. It puts alot of weight on Dampier's shoulders. The mavs have to finalize this deal and the Antoine Wright deal with NJ, but there will still be some dealing left. We have to get another center by playoff time or we will get killed by Bynum, Duncan, Shaq, ect. Also Mike Miller is still a possibility. Maybe package someone with Hassell and picks. But getting a SG right now isnt our biggest priority. Getting someone in the post is.

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
The mavs aren't title contenders anymore. Jason Kidd is so overrated these days. Watching New Jersey's offense the last couple of season is painful. Kidd has lost a step and still can't shoot. Dallas traded in their future and present with this trade. Watch and see.

What future???

George? Ager? Do you really think Diop is going to be something?

George and Ager are no better than Allen and Wright.

Shank
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
People are ragging that Kidd can't shoot, but really - when was he ever a lights out shooter? He's hovering somewhere around 40% for his career.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
What future???

George? Ager? Do you really think Diop is going to be something?

George and Ager are no better than Allen and Wright.
Harris? 2 first round draft picks? Cash?

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
btw cry havoc just got fucking pwnd by jamstone

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Seriously, three good months out of Devin Harris and we're treating this like we just lost the second coming of Oscar Robertson. Are you kidding me? He's been a competent PG in this league for HALF A SEASON. THAT IS IT. before that he was just a nice role player, and ALL MAVS FANS were calling Harris a "potential bust" because he couldn't even beat out Jason Terry for the starting PG job.

We're really this pissed off about losing a lottery pick who didn't figure out how to play PG until his 4th season? And for HALF A SEASON?

This trade is exactly the shot in the arm that the Mavericks needed. Maybe now we won't see Dirk mope around all game long like he has been this whole season.

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Not saying we cant draft but the mavs will always have their first round draft picks in the high 20s and do they ever pan out? no. I bet all we would draft with those 2 picks is a couple Mo Agers.

degenerate_gambler
02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
This trade is exactly the shot in the arm that the Mavericks needed. Maybe now we won't see Dirk mope around all game long like he has been this whole season.

congrats on finally getting a leader for that team..

good trade for the mavs.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
People are ragging that Kidd can't shoot, but really - when was he ever a lights out shooter? He's hovering somewhere around 40% for his career.

Kidd is shooting 35% from 3PT range this season. Guess what Harris was shooting from 3........that's right, 35%.

There's a lot of revisionist history being written by Mavs fans in this thread. You'd think we gave up some badass with Pistol Pete offense and Gary Payton defense.

Harris improved his shot, but he was by no means a lights-out shooter. He was a very good defender, but he was by no means a shut-down defender.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Yeah because there's nothing the Mavs needed more than to add another Mo Ager & Nick Fazekas to this team.

sribb43
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM
At 4:36pm Wednesday comes the first official word -- and it's from "locker-room spokesman'' Jerry Stackhouse. "Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press in Dallas this afternoon. Stackhouse also suggested that he is assuming a buyout from New Jersey that would free him to join any team (ahem: Dallas) after 30 days. How does Stack feel about the deal? "I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," he said. "I ain't going nowhere.''

Flight3107
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Not saying we cant draft but the mavs will always have their first round draft picks in the high 20s and do they ever pan out? no. I bet all we would draft with those 2 picks is a couple Mo Agers.

Yeah, lets trade Josh Howard, he's not working out.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, lets trade Josh Howard, he's not working out.
For every Josh Howard there's a Mo Ager, Nick Fazekas, Leon Smith, Cherokee Parks, Loren Meyer, Tony Dumas, Wang Zhi-Zhi & Chris Anstey.

lefty
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
It sucks for Dallas, because :

- Stack is a great scorer off the bench, especially against... the Spurs

- Devin Harris is very efficient against...the Spurs

ApolloCreed
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
It sucks for Dallas, because :

- Devin Harris is very efficient against...the Spurs

Stackhouse will be back.

The details still were being worked out, but Stackhouse said his agent told him the trade would be completed.

"Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press.

Stackhouse added that he may be able to rejoin Dallas within 30 days, an indication the Nets would buy out his contract.

"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," he said. "I ain't going nowhere."

By adding Kidd, the Mavericks are clearly in a win-now mode. He is 10 years older than the 24-year-old Harris, but also far more ready to lead a team on a title hunt. Dallas has been close in recent years, losing in the NBA finals in 2006, then winning 67 games last season before flaming out in the first round.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I guess you didn't get the memo, but Stackhouse is coming back to Dallas in 30 days.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I can make comments on something without advocating for one side or another. This isn't an essay contest or a closing argument for a trial.

You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order! You, you sonofabitch, you! You're supposed to STAND for somethin'! You're supposed to protect people! But instead you rape and murder them!

As for the trade, I like it. Kidd definitely adds testicular fortitude to the Mavs roster.

But, much like the Suns/Shaq deal, this trade is all based on winning the title. Either they hit the jackpot or it is going to end up a complete trainwreck. It's a gamble MavFan should welcome, IMO.

Either way, it makes the playoffs that much more fun to watch this year.

lefty
I guess you didn't get the memo, but Stackhouse is coming back to Dallas in 30 days.

No, I didn't, just came back from work :D

ApolloCreed
That is if another team doesn't offer anything for Stackhouse first.

baseline bum
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
The Phoenix and Mavs trades had very little to do with the Spurs as opposed to responding to what the Lakers did.

Dallas' response to the Lakers trade is to giving up a center and a guy who can get into the paint and draw fouls? I don't see how this move makes them match up with LA.

Flight3107
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
For every Josh Howard there's a Mo Ager, Nick Fazekas, Leon Smith, Cherokee Parks, Loren Meyer, Tony Dumas, & Chris Anstey.

I agree with that, but to say "mavs will always have their first round draft picks in the high 20s and do they ever pan out? no." was fucking stupid when the 2nd best player on the team was drafted with the 29th pick.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
It's a gamble MavFan should welcome, IMO.
Absolutely. The Mavs have shown that they're gonna go for broke to win a title. Whether they succeed or fail, at least they had the guts to go for it all, instead of pussing out and playing it safe.

Shank
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree with that, but to say "mavs will always have their first round draft picks in the high 20s and do they ever pan out? no." was fucking stupid when the 2nd best player on the team was drafted with the 29th pick.

But he's the rare exception.

Hey - Wang Zhi-Zhi was raining 3's in the preseason this year. Maybe he still has a place.

monosylab1k
Stackhouse said himself that he isn't going anywhere.

And how much money are teams really gonna throw at him? Not much more than what Dallas is willing to give him.

sribb43

the most a team can offer Stack is the MLE and thats if they didnt use it over the summer....fyi, the mavs didnt use their MLE over the summer so they can basically offer what any other team can.. Stack loves Dallas, avery, etc.. and him saying that quote makes it seem pretty clear that he will be back in dallas. im sure the mavs made the deal knowing that NJ would buyout Stack

LakeShow
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=KiddDeal-080213&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dholling er_john%26page%3dKiddDeal-080213

Kidd trade is risky business for Mavs
By John Hollinger
ESPN Insider

The Lakers must be falling over with laughter by now.

In the wake of their acquisition of Pau Gasol -- a trade that cost them nothing of value -- two of their biggest rivals for Western Conference supremacy responded by dealing key pieces of their core for Eastern Conference legends in their mid-30s. First, of course, came Phoenix's deal for Shaquille O'Neal last week, and now the Mavericks have jumped in with today's close-to-completion deal for Jason Kidd.

This isn't nearly as bad as the Shaq trade -- let me get that out of the way up front. But it has the same whiff of panic to it, coming as it did after the Mavs suffered consecutive whippings at the hands of second-tier Eastern teams, and following Mark Cuban's insistence that Dallas wouldn't unload half its team for Kidd.

The Jason Kidd Era in Jersey appears to be ending.
But that's exactly what they're about to do. Dallas is about to send Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, Maurice Ager, cash and two first-round picks to New Jersey for Kidd, Antoine Wright, Malik Allen and a second-rounder. (Technically it would be two trades, with Wright for a No. 2 as a side deal in order to meet league roster requirements).

Obviously, the two protagonists are Kidd and Harris. So let me ask you a provocative question that I brought up when the three-way version of this deal was kicked around: Would you trade Harris for Kidd, straight up?

Based on notoriety alone, most would offer a quick yes. But shine that light a little closer. Kidd's PER this season is 16.07, while Harris is way ahead at 18.66. This may shock some people who have only seen the reports of his triple-doubles, but Kidd is scoring at a much lower rate this season, shooting a hideous 36.7 percent from the field, and his turnover rate has skyrocketed. While he's far from the only culprit, his decline is one reason the Nets are 25th in offensive efficiency; the Mavs, in contrast, are second with Harris as quarterback.

Per 40 minutes, Harris averages nearly seven points more; that's huge. He also gets to the line more than twice as often and shoots a far better percentage from the field. His true shooting percentage of 59.2 dwarfs Kidd's 48.3. Think about that difference for a second -- for every nine shots they take (including free-throw sessions), Harris has a one-point advantage.

Finally, Harris is a huge plus at the defensive end, where he has the quickness to defend the Parkers, Pauls and Nashes of the West and was second in the league in offensive fouls drawn last season, according to 82games.com. By my methods, he was the best defensive point guard in the league in 2006-07. Unfortunately, the one guy he struggled against was Baron Davis, a fact that may be seared in the Mavs' memories given how last season ended.

Kidd's two big advantages are passing and rebounding, and they're gargantuan differences, make no mistake. But if you break it down, it seems his numbers in those two categories might decline in Dallas' system.

As far as assists go, the Mavs are one of the league's most isolation-heavy teams and annually have among the league's lowest rates of assisted baskets; the Nets are the opposite and are annually among the highest. It's possible Dallas changes some of that to take advantage of Kidd, of course, but somehow I imagine the high-post isos for Dirk Nowitzki and Josh Howard will remain the bread-and-butter of the offense.

Additionally, Kidd's passing skills are most lethal in transition, but the Mavs run infrequently. While some still imagine this as a Wild West Don Nelson outfit, Dallas has been one of the league's slowest-paced teams ever since Avery Johnson took over.

Getting The Point

Kidd's trade at least allows the NBA to undo a grave injustice. Voted in as a starter in the East, Kidd would now presumably suit up with the West on Sunday.

To fill his vacated spot, the league could tab Toronto point guard Jose Calderon, whose ridiculous efficiency was somehow overlooked by Eastern Conference coaches when they chose the reserves. It would be a poetic justice, as it was Kidd's selection as a starter that effectively cost Calderon a much-deserved spot in the first place. -- Hollinger

On the rebounds, New Jersey's frontcourt rebounding was historically bad for the first two months of this season, as I mentioned in another piece earlier on -- leaving a ton of boards available for Kidd to grab. In fact, Kidd's rebound rate has declined quite a bit since Josh Boone took over for Jason Collins, as fewer caroms were left over for the guards. Similarly, he won't have as many boards available for him to snag in Dallas, where the Mavs are already seventh in the league in defensive rebound rate (nearly all of Kidd's boards are defensive).

OK, so he won't score as much as Harris and he might lose a bit on his rebounds and assists. One can still come up with some offsetting positives. For starters, Kidd is a leader in a locker room that appears in need of one. Dallas' testicular fortitude has been questioned in the past two postseasons, so perhaps he can make a difference there. And it's possible he'll be more motivated in Big D than he was in New Jersey; at the very least, I suspect he'll suffer from fewer headaches.

In addition, Kidd is a good defender against bigger guards, which means Dallas might be able to play him and Jason Terry together for 40 minutes and dispense with the 30 scoreless minutes they're getting each night from the Eddie Jones-Trenton Hassell combo. (Although just in case they get nostalgic, Wright's addition makes it a trio of wing guys who can defend but can't score).

But before you get too excited, look into the future. Kidd is 10 years older and costs five times as much; even after Harris' extension kicks in he'll be triple the cost. Which player do you think you'd rather have in 2008-09? What about in 2009-10, presuming the Mavs extend Kidd, when he'll be 36 and Harris 26?

I know, I know -- this move was made primarily with this season in mind. So let's say after all that you still like Kidd better than Harris. Do you like him so much better that you're willing to include Stackhouse and Diop and two first-round draft choices?

Diop was Dallas' starting center and best low-post defender (Side note: guess that Shaq trade had them real worried, huh?), while Stackhouse was one of their most important bench players. In fact, the irony of this trade is that a big reason for Dallas' recent struggles is that Harris and Stackhouse have been injured.

The Mavs are 4-4 since Harris went out; Stackhouse has played only once in that time, for just 11 minutes. It's an ugly 4-4 too. Of the wins, two were against Memphis and one was Milwaukee; the losses included one-sided setbacks against Detroit, New Jersey and Philadelphia.

That takes us to an aspect of this trade nobody is paying any attention to: Harris' huge impact on the Mavs' success over the past two seasons. In 2006-07, when Dallas won 67 games, guess who had the biggest on-court/off-court point differential? Hint: It wasn't the MVP. According to 82games.com, Dallas was a whopping +14.2 points per 48 minutes with Harris on the court. Moreover, the Harris-Nowitzki combo was the single most effective player combination in the league.

This year, the Harris-Terry-Howard-Nowitzki-Dampier unit has played 164 minutes together and outscored opponents by 43 points (that's a whopping 12.6 points per 48 minutes). The four most common Harris-Terry arrangements all have massively positive point differentials, adding up to an advantage of +20.7 points per 48 minutes(!). So much for the idea that you can't play two small guards together.

No, we're not done yet -- there's one final point to consider. The Nets will likely buy out Stackhouse, but there's no guarantee Dallas will be able to re-sign him; in fact, by rule they aren't allowed to for 30 days.

In the meantime, is it that hard to imagine bench-starved Cleveland diving in with the $4.1 million remaining on its midlevel exception, or the Pistons ($3.86 million) bringing him back to Motown to replace the struggling Jarvis Hayes? For that matter, what about the Spurs ($4.4 million) or Suns (full midlevel) breaking out the wampum just to spite their Western rivals? Keep in mind, too, that these salaries would be prorated for the rest of this year, lowering the luxury tax hit those teams would take.

In the final analysis, then, it seems Dallas gave up quite a bit to make what is, even with the most rose-colored glasses, a marginal upgrade at the point. It's possible it could work, but my issue with this deal is that the risk and reward seem out of line. Much like Phoenix with the Shaq deal, I can't help but wonder if the Mavs are fixated on what Kidd was 18 months ago rather than what he'll be over the next 18 months.

Let me repeat that I'm not nearly not as down on this trade as I am on Phoenix's. But on balance, I think it puts Dallas farther from a title rather than closer. And as a result, I suspect Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak may be having a quiet chuckle when he checks his Blackberry today.

John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider. To e-mail him, click here.

DazedAndConfused
02-13-2008, 06:20 PM
How does Stackhouse feel about being used in the trade like this? Was this something he knew about all along and was cool with or does he feel slighted in any way?

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
How does Stackhouse feel about being used in the trade like this? Was this something he knew about all along and was cool with or does he feel slighted in any way?
Just remember what it felt like when Josh Daniels fired your from the band. Stackhouse felt nothing like that.

Shank
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM

He's cool with it, Jeff. Would you not be cool with being paid millions to take a 30 day vacation and not have to pack up your crap to move to New Jersey?

LazinessThievery
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
After Kidd's contract runs out, who's his replacement? Consider how crappy the 2009-2010 FA crop of PG's will be:

A 36-year old Kidd;
A 34-year old Andre Miller;
A 31-year old Mike Bibby whose D is horrible now and will just get worse;
Stephon Marbury
Eric Snow;
Brevin Knight;
Damon Stoudemire;
Smush Parker;
Jamal Crawford if he doesn't exercise his '09-'10 option;
Marquis Daniels if IND doesn't pick up his option

That's it. That's all that'll be out there when Kidd's contract is up. Unless we can pull off a miracle trade for young PG, Kidd's successors will be Terry and Barea-the-midget who couldn't guard his mom if she was in a coma and stuck in block of frozen nitrogen while buried up to her neck in sand at the beach.

Shank
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Fuck yes! It's all coming together!

MAVERICKS RECALL NICK FAZEKAS

DALLAS – The Dallas Mavericks recalled forward Nick Fazekas today from the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA D-League.

Fazekas (7-0, 235) was originally assigned to Tulsa on November 20. He played in 28 games for the 66ers starting 24 times and averaged 19.1 points, 9.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists while shooting 55.3% from the field in 30.6 minutes per game. He was selected to represent the 66ers at the D-League All-Star Game in New Orleans on February 16.

Fazekas, the 34th pick out of Nevada, played in two games for Dallas this season and averaged 1.0 points in 2.5 minutes per game.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Fuck yes! It's all coming together!

MAVERICKS RECALL NICK FAZEKAS

DALLAS – The Dallas Mavericks recalled forward Nick Fazekas today from the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA D-League. Good news for the Toros. :p:

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
After Kidd's contract runs out, who's his replacement? Consider how crappy the 2009-2010 FA crop of PG's will be:

A 36-year old Kidd;
Stephon Marbury
Eric Snow;
Brevin Knight;
Damon Stoudemire;
Smush Parker;

That's it. That's all that'll be out there when Kidd's contract is up. Unless we can pull off a miracle trade for young PG, Kidd's successors will be Terry and Barea-the-midget who couldn't guard his mom if she was in a coma and stuck in block of frozen nitrogen while buried up to her neck in sand at the beach.

We re-sign Devin of course :elephant

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Stackhouse said himself that he isn't going anywhere.

And how much money are teams really gonna throw at him? Not much more than what Dallas is willing to give him.

But another team could TRADE for Stack before the Nets buy him out.

BonnerDynasty
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
If Stack is really gone...

thank You For Getting Rid Of Stackhouse!

That Mf'er Was A Spurs Killer.

Flight3107
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
If Stack is really gone...

thank You For Getting Rid Of Stackhouse!

That Mf'er Was A Spurs Killer.

He will be back in 30 days

BonnerDynasty
02-13-2008, 07:15 PM
damn I was hoping they wouldn't just scoop him back up :(

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Mavs trade Daniels for Croshere
Mavs get rid of Mbenga for Juwan Howard
Mavs now get rid of Harris and Diop for an over the hill Kidd. It is official. The mavs GM is an idiot.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Mavs trade Daniels for Croshere
Mavs get rid of Mbenga for Juwan Howard
Mavs now get rid of Harris and Diop for an over the hill Kidd. It is official. The mavs GM is an idiot.

Devin was ok but nothing great...always hurt and not gonna lead a team..yet at least. Diop could play decent D but was probably THE WORST OFFENSIVE player in the league. If Stack comes back...good trade :elephant

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm willing to bet the mavs are a worse team now or the same. They are not going to get better considering how much we gave up. We got 1 year to win a championship. This is just a ridiculous amount to give up to get Kidd.

lurker
02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
It's a ridiculous amount to give up for anyone not named Kobe Bryant.

Findog
02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Seriously, three good months out of Devin Harris and we're treating this like we just lost the second coming of Oscar Robertson.

exaggeration.

Are you kidding me? He's been a competent PG in this league for HALF A SEASON. THAT IS IT.

He's been a very good PG in the league in his fourth NBA season. Scrub as a rookie, inconsistent with signs of promise his second and third years, while finally becoming productive in his fourth.

Mono: "Fuck this Google stock at $100 a share. Sell it, it's going nowhere."

I'm not saying Devin is on his way to being a HOF'er, but his performance has been trending upward.

Findog
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
How does "mental toughness" guard Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Steve Nash? Too bad Mark Cuban is making major roster decisions because of Dr. Phil pop psychology.

Spurs fans have to be thrilled with this trade. Unless we can turn it around and land a Maggette or Mike Miller for cheap, I don't see how this makes us better. We just solved one problem and created two or three others.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
exaggeration.

He's been a very good PG in the league in his fourth NBA season. Scrub as a rookie, inconsistent with signs of promise his second and third years, while finally becoming productive in his fourth.

Mono: "Fuck this Google stock at $100 a share. Sell it, it's going nowhere."

I'm not saying Devin is on his way to being a HOF'er, but his performance has been trending upward.
You call me out on an exaggeration and then immediately compare him to Google? Good one.

Devin Harris was a second tier point guard with limited court vision. We just traded him for an aging point guard who still has arguably the best court vision of any player since Magic Johnson.

And look at Harris' development. Calling it a snail's pace would be an insult to snails. He'll be a top-5 point guard by approximately 2017. Awesome.

Our team is better for this trade - bottom line. Long term we may be worse off, but I'll worry about 2011 when 2011 gets here. 2008 is the ONLY year to worry about right now.

endrity
02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Tony Parker is sleeping extremely well tonight. So is Duncan.

baseline bum
02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
You call me out on an exaggeration and then immediately compare him to Google? Good one.

Devin Harris was a second tier point guard with limited court vision. We just traded him for an aging point guard who still has arguably the best court vision of any player since Magic Johnson.

And look at Harris' development. Calling it a snail's pace would be an insult to snails. He'll be a top-5 point guard by approximately 2017. Awesome.

Our team is better for this trade - bottom line. Long term we may be worse off, but I'll worry about 2011 when 2011 gets here. 2008 is the ONLY year to worry about right now.

You should add a pic of Kidd to your sig.

Xolotl
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm glad this trade is made because Harris and Stackhouse killed the Spurs...maybe im the only one lol

big3bigD
02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
The more that I hear about this trade, the more that I like it, and I have been huge on Harris since he played at Wiss. Stack being bought out and returning and Gana being able to return (he is a F/A) after this season makes this a much better deal than I had originally thought. I would still love to see them add Miller or Magette somehow. Or even Cassell as a backup, but that is just wishful thinking.

Findog
02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm glad this trade is made because Harris and Stackhouse killed the Spurs...maybe im the only one lol

Stackhouse is going to remain a Mav.

Findog
02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'll allow that it could be a huge payoff for the Mavs, but we'd better be cooing sweet nothings in PJ Brown's ear to make up for the loss of Diop. Hopefully they have a plan in place since we're now much weaker at C.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I would still love to see them add Miller or Magette somehow.
I really think Maggette would be a spectacular addition. His slashing ability would fit perfectly with Kidd. But considering the Grizzlies will accept dog shit for their players, getting Miller would be easier.

If we add one of those two, I think we establish ourselves as the best team in the Western Conference (on paper).

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I really think Maggette would be a spectacular addition. His slashing ability would fit perfectly with Kidd. But considering the Grizzlies will accept dog shit for their players, getting Miller would be easier.

If we add one of those two, I think we establish ourselves as the best team in the Western Conference (on paper).

word is Grizz won't give up Miller without getting rid of Cardinal as well.

sribb43
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM

A 36-year old Kidd;
Stephon Marbury
Eric Snow;
Brevin Knight;
Damon Stoudemire;
Smush Parker;

im tired about worrying about the future...this team has won jack crap in 28 years. this team needs to worry about NOW!!!

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Stackhouse is going to remain a Mav.

Not if someone trades for him before the Nets buy him out.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Not if someone trades for him before the Nets buy him out.
It won't happen. Do you think the Mavs would do this trade without an under-the-table agreement that Stackhouse will be bought out? Plus it makes sense money-wise for the Nets to do the buyout, instead of making a trade that will eat more cap space in the future.

:lol i do enjoy how Sun Fan is doing everything possible to downplay this trade and throw a wet blanket over it. don't be so insecure guys, your Shaq trade was still way cool! you got tha big fella!

Jeremy
02-13-2008, 09:02 PM
It won't happen. Do you think the Mavs would do this trade without an under-the-table agreement that Stackhouse will be bought out? Plus it makes sense money-wise for the Nets to do the buyout, instead of making a trade that will eat more cap space in the future.

If the Suns wanted to take on the salary, they could trade their $8 million trade exception (and even their 1st round Hawks pick) for Stackhouse. The Nets would do that deal in a second, rather than do a buy-out. Unless, of course, some under-the-table agreement with the Mavs would stop them, as you said.

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 10:00 PM
For every Josh Howard there's a Mo Ager, Nick Fazekas, Leon Smith, Cherokee Parks, Loren Meyer, Tony Dumas, Wang Zhi-Zhi & Chris Anstey.

:tu

gmanrulz
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
let this trade happen please

mFFL03
02-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Things that don't work with this trade:

1) who is back up center after dampier.....dirk? bass??

2) this is a jump shooting team....what exactly will change here. more assists to jump shooters? GREAT! still doesn't change the fact that no one drives to the rim.

stretch
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Things that don't work with this trade:

1) who is back up center after dampier.....dirk? bass??

2) this is a jump shooting team....what exactly will change here. more assists to jump shooters? GREAT! still doesn't change the fact that no one drives to the rim.

Things that don't work with Harris:

1) who can set up the offense with maturity and make good passes to find open guys? Harris? Terry??

2) this is a jump shooting team....how exactly does Harris help, other than the fact that he and Terry both have been completely incapable of running an offense that needs movement, thus this team runs EVERYTHING out of isolations, which leads to more forced and bad shots.

I've said it ever since the Mavs lost the finals in 2006... the issue with this team is not defense, it is OFFENSE. If we had someone that was capable of running an offense and getting the Mavs easy scores when their offense stagnates, we would have won the finals, despite what Wade was doing. Keep in mind we lost 3 games by 3 points or less, and Harris didn't do anything, as he completely lost focus and sucked all series as soon as Alonzo blocked the crap out of a couple of his shots.

If we had someone that could help get us easy buckets against Golden State, a team that has NO center, we would have won. They have a load of players that play very good man defense, but when you throw a lot more motion in there, they get lost defensively VERY easily, and give up all kinds of easy buckets.

Plus he gives us a bigger stronger body at PG that plays some solid defense, for guys like Deron Williams, Baron Davis, etc...

Kidd will be a lot better for Dallas than most people think...

monosylab1k
02-25-2017, 11:24 PM

:lol
"Mavs Won't Ring With Kidd"
"Devin Harris Is A Great Player"
"Trump Is Doing An Awesome Job"

monosylab1k
02-25-2017, 11:34 PM
How this trade hurts us.
-Shot blocking
-Speed
-Spacing
-Depth
-Future
This trade breaks my heart.

:lmao

Ghazi
02-26-2017, 12:49 AM
great fucking trade.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 12:57 AM
Josh Howard :lol

Wow...I feel old.

DAF86
02-26-2017, 11:32 PM
This trade made the Mavs worse at that time, if we are being completely honest.

monosylab1k
02-26-2017, 11:36 PM
This trade made the Mavs worse at that time, if we are being completely honest.

Avery's unwillingness to adapt made the Mavs worse.

Ghazi
02-27-2017, 12:26 AM
Mavs got better with J Kidd immediately. At the beginning of the trade the Mavs kept losing close ass games so everyone thought it was Kidds fault when it was just poor luck.

GREAT :cry FUCKING :cry TRADE :cry