PDA

View Full Version : SpursReport removes the ESPN topic off their site!

Hantler
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
After realizing the ESPN topic was reveling to the rest of the www how ignorant they are about progress in San Antonio and after having to tell many posters not to mention Kori and SpursTalk they decided to just do what they do best. Edit,Delete and Ban anything they feel is free speech.

Talk about Karma. :lmao

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/SR-sucks.jpg

PM5K
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Well what the hell were they saying?

Sometimes I think Kori lets people get away with too much, but I'd rather it be that way than the way it is at SR...

AlamoSpursFan
02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Why does anyone here even care what goes on over there?

Hantler
02-13-2008, 03:43 PM
They made a topic about ESPN radio coming to San Antonio.

And as the posters at SR started to ask questions like who is Kori? Is Chris Duel the guy we are supposed to hate? Is that the mouse that used to post here? Why do the both sites hate each other. Are you going to call in DizzG? etc................

They figured this shit backfired :lmao

Hantler
02-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Because they bad mouth Chris Duel and we expose people like that, if you was really Duel's friend you would care and have his back also.

mouse
02-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Remember that comment next time someone at another site says your gay again, your on your own now Brah!

mouse
02-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Because they bad mouth Chris Duel and we expose people like that, if you was really Duel's friend you would care and have his back also.

They also bad mouth Kori LJ and everyone here @ ST and they will have to deal with mouse it's all part of the Genie gig.

mrsmaalox
02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
The way Duel raves about Kori and ST there won't be many people left over there soon.

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Dam this is almost as pathetic as DizzG running away fro LJ when he saw him at the SBC center. :lmao

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
The way Duel raves about Kori and ST there won't be many people left over there soon.

What people? It's an Ugly hateful Bitch and a bald headed Homo the rest are Bots! :lol

johnsmith
02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
They also bad mouth Kori LJ and everyone here @ ST and they will have to deal with mouse it's all part of the Genie gig.

Mouse, after listening to you on the radio, I take back everything bad I've said about you on this site and apologize to you.

You are legit.

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Mouse, after listening to you on the radio, I take back everything bad I've said about you on this site and apologize to you.

You are legit.

There went all the good smack talk down the drain. :lmao

johnsmith
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
There went all the good smack talk down the drain. :lmao

I seriously can't argue with you again. It was good stuff and I have a new found respect for you.

Hank Hill
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1313672#post1313672

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/926/srum1.jpg

there is another one up now

Smackie Chan
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
If this is true this will only make SR look worst than they do already, if that is possible.

I wonder if it was DizzG or Crusty Garza that removed the topic.

johnsmith
02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
If this is true this will only make SR look worst than they do already, if that is possible.

I wonder if it was DizzG or Crusty Garza that removed the topic.

So, you guys obviously know them. What happened with them to make them hate this site so much?

Smackie Chan
02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
I like the way DizzG doesn't admit ladySpur made the first negative comment!

His precious moderator. :lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/dizz-wiz.jpg

Here is ladySpurned first post.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ladyspur.jpg

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Old Today, 03:44 PM

(#2)
DizzG
SpursReport Administrator

hopefully this thread can stay on the actual subject of ESPN radio...and not other crap

Translation: walk on eggshells when you post here and don't mention Kori,SpursTalk,mouse,Chris Duel etc................

to21
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I got to hear this shit. Is there gonna be another round table discussion?

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Another Moderator with negative talk DizzG turns his head and lectures the average poster?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/TBNL.jpg

to21
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna go get myself banned over there.

Be right back.

whottt
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM

Here is ladySpurned first post.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ladyspur.jpg

Someone tell this bitch that she needs to not be a Spurfan...because I watch the lip movements of Gregg Popovich to learn new cusswords...I miss PJ Carleisimo too...I feel like half my vocabulary now resides in Seattle. Fuck.

pooh
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
too funny...you'd think all this nonsense would be over now after all these years.

Fillmoe
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
gay... grow up

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
gay... grow up

Dude have you read some of your topics? :lmao

Buddy Holly
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow, do they ever hold a grudge over there. It's really fucking pathetic. It's also funny how they try to sound all professional and dignified but those assholes are still uptight about shit that went down years ago.

to21
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1313733&posted=1#post1313733

Before they take it down.

ClintSquint
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
It's still there.

to21
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
It's still there.:lol

They have a script that permits you from typing spurstalk.

It puts it as ######### when you reply to a post.

maxpower
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I will usually take a live and let live view but...to see the venom and grudge the moderator TBNL has is a real eye opener. His post was entirely unprofessional.
The kicker was the whole body solutions comment. He forgets everyone and their mother broadcasting on SA airwaves was an endorser.

And I wonder what his views are of the Spurs organizations as it took a boatload of Body Solutions' money as well.

Jimmy
02-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I will usually take a live and let live view but...to see the venom and grudge the moderator TBNL has is a real eye opener. His post was entirely unprofessional.
The kicker was the whole body solutions comment. He forgets everyone and their mother broadcasting on SA airwaves was an endorser.

And I wonder what his views are of the Spurs organizations as it took a boatload of Body Solutions' money as well.

^ gets it!

Very bad business move to bad mouth a show like ESPN when your website could benefit from it some day regardless who is doing the show.

I may not like Dusty and Dizzg at times but I am smart enough to know if they get there own local radio show i will be smart enough not to burn any bridges.

The sad part of all this is most of SR 98% of them don't even know Duel,mouse,Kori,Tpark,etc... they only bad mouth them from what they read instead of meeting someone on their own to judge them for themselves.

I have to take my hat off to Chris Duel for taking the high road in all this.

It takes class to know when to just sit on the bench and let others make fools of themselves.
Something SR has not embraced.

the Jimmy
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
jimmy is not offended by how other people run their websites. jimmy likes it here.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
This shit from SR is so SAD. :depressed

I know some of the people over there, and once upon a time they weren't the evil assclowns they now appear to be - they were nice, generous, friendly people. I know a lot of the story behind the split and it's just not right that they are still carrying on about it nearly 5 years later.

I can't believe they are so bitter and short-sighted as to ban and censor everything to do with ST - they're only cutting off their noses to spite their faces. If they had a clue they'd back off all this censorship bullshit and build some bridges.

Very sad.

Mavs08
02-13-2008, 07:04 PM
This shit from SR is so SAD. :depressed

I know some of the people over there, and once upon a time they weren't the evil assclowns they now

Back when LJ and Kori where Mods?

AlamoSpursFan
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Remember that comment next time someone at another site says your gay again, your on your own now Brah!

They could post a photoshopped pic of me banging Doogie Howser over there for all I care, Mouse. I don't go there, and I really don't care what they have to say.

braeden0613
02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm gonna go get myself banned over there.

Be right back.
S P U R S T A L K :lol

polandprzem
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Am I on a good side or bad side?

(site?)

T Park
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
THe good side.

But there isn't really a good or bad.

Its unfortunate all the way around.

Mister Sinister
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeesh. After reading this, I'm glad my account at SR is just a dust collector.

exstatic
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I think that hits at the heart of the reason the topic was deleted.

Hantler
02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
They could post a photoshopped pic of me banging Doogie Howser over there for all I care, Mouse. I don't go there, and I really don't care what they have to say.

Hey ASF are you the truck driver for Lays?

Kori Ellis
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, do they ever hold a grudge over there. It's really fucking pathetic. It's also funny how they try to sound all professional and dignified but those assholes are still uptight about shit that went down years ago.

What's even worse is nothing really "went down."

Anyway, I really don't want any of you trolling/screwing with their board for no reason. If you want to post there, I obviously don't mind.

But whatever issues they have or grudges they are holding against Chris Duel (or anyone else) are really just their own problem.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Shouldn't this thread be titled *********** removes the ESPN topic off their site!

Heat Miser
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Anyway, I really don't want any of you trolling/screwing with their board for no reason. If you want to post there, I obviously don't mind.

But whatever issues they have or grudges they are holding against Chris Duel (or anyone else) are really just their own problem.

Kori is all class! But I think they have their boards pretty much in check.

Pick of Destiny
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Shouldn't this thread be titled *********** removes the ESPN topic off their site!

Rack!

Last Comic Standing
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Apparently you were not upstairs at the last GTG April and DizzG went to at your house!

Hammer Time! :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Back when LJ and Kori where Mods?

In the before time, when ST didn't exist (pre-mid-2003), many of us who are here today were having a fine old time at SR, laughing and singing and generally yucking it up. Everyone was friendly-happy-people, and the internets's Kingdom of Spurs was as it should be. :madrun

Then there was The Rift, darkness overtook the internets, and previously decent people lost their minds and turned into douchebags and turd sandwiches. The Kingdom was riven, and The Rift hath never been repaired. :dramaquee

Out of the chaos came our saviours, Kori and LJ, who built an ark and led the outcast pilgrims to a new land called Spurstalk, which flourished and grew until it became the OWNAGER of the internets we know today... hooray! :elephant

/channeling Trey and Matt :lol

spursfor
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Hantler it's cool to see you here instead of SR. SR has always been very unprofessional, that's probably due in part to the moderators having an extrmely low IQ and two brain cells that are left that waging a Mortal Kombat style battle in their heads.

td4mvp21
02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I remember I registered there at the same time I did here, or something around that. I haven't logged in since 2004 :lol

Chris Duel
02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm a Spurs Fan, a SpursTalk.com Fan and a San Antonio Fan.

I talk a lot on the radio and on-line, much of it stream-of-consciousness, some of it for laughs. I spent over a decade as a stand-up comic.

Sports Smack (God, did I just use a Jim Rome term?) and humor by definition often involves poking fun at others.

I think SR.com, for whatever the reason, took me (AND APPARENTLY CONTINUES TO TAKE ME) waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Nonetheless, I will continue to counter their hatred with love and fun.

As I posted yesterday, DizzG and Ganuple are my friends on MySpace and Facebook. Life is too short to hold a grudge. While I'm sure I have said things that rubbed someone the wrong way, THAT IS MY JOB!!! I'm a radio guy - if I only say sugary sweet things, God will I be boring!

I think adults and evolution will ultimately prevail.

Kori, L.J. and everyone at SpursTalk.com consistently take the high road. I am not the only one praising and raving about SpursTalk.com. Paul Alexander, Jason Minnix and Dawn Murphy have done the same.

Why would a local sports station embrace and give props to an online web site? Probably because they are good, and fair and fun.

I've been a Spurs fan since 1973. I was 13 years old when I bought half season tickets (I couldn't afford full season tickets) at the Hemisfair Arena in Season One. When I find a forum that is the best for Spurs news, information and opinion, I spread the word and celebrate it.

Hence, my support of SpursTalk.com.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.

Chris Duel
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM

You are legit.

Word.

Mouse = Radio & Online GOD

ploto
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
The first problem I had with them was that someone was allowed to be a mod who made blatantly anti-Semitic threads all the time. The other main issue was with mods who had double identities there and did awful things under their alias screen names and nothing was done about it.

Kori Ellis
02-13-2008, 11:49 PM
The other main issue was with mods who had double identities there and did awful things under their alias screen names and nothing was done about it.

That's been going on there for years. I don't really want to get that much into it, but worse yet, they sometimes even post under other people's user names pretending to be them (for example,it would be like me logging in as ploto in your actual account and posting as you). I have some pretty horrible things screen captured that they posted under some poster's names from years ago.

I sincerely wish them the best in whatever it is they are trying to do, but they really hurt a lot of people in some of their behavior. It's "just a message board" but sometimes things get a little deeper than that.

I welcomed a lot of people to my house years ago. And then when LJ and I were dismissed from that site, a lot of those people just assumed that we had done something horrible to warrant it. To this day, I still don't know what we did. It was never explained to me. I just was given a "you should know what you did" speech over and over, then I heard/read a bunch of very upsetting personal things (lies) that were being said about LJ and I.

If you have been to my house 10+ times, ate my food and drank my beer, why not a courtesy phone call to say to ask me what's going on?

It was okay though. The people who were actually my friends are still my friends, I suppose.

It's just funny to me that I haven't cared much about SR in years. I do my best to stop the bashing of SR here (even if some of it is warranted), but many of them still say nasty things about me. It actually really hurt me for a long time, but that was many years ago. I don't really care that much anymore.

Chris Duel
02-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Kori,

I can relate to a lot of what you say.

I had never known what it was like to be HATED this intensely before SR.com. I had lived on this Earth for 40+ years and generally gotten along with everyone.

Then something strange happened. To this day, I never understood why. We've all talked trash on the Internet, but that was kind of fun until they turned it so profoundly ugly.

Like you, I was hurt by it. But also like you, I've grown and learned to let it go.

I believe it is a relative few there who love to hate. I'll bet we can count them on one hand.

But if we hate them too, they win. And we lose and become pathetic.

I choose to forgive them and forgive myself, regardless of whether they will ever cease this behavior.

And I also know there are good people there and the haters are deep down, somewhere, somehow, good people. They just haven't learned to act that way yet.

SpursTalk.com has always taken the high road. That is a tribute to you, L.J. and everyone who posts here. I know a few of the outrageous slurs that have been hurled your way. For you to handle this with the grace that you have speaks volumes about your character.

It's all good.

Chris

Kori Ellis
02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks Chris.

Remember when they sent out that mass email claiming that they were sueing us (you and I together for some reason)? :lmao I never understand that one.

Tenacious D
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
This shit should be made into a movie! :smokin

Supreme_Being
02-14-2008, 01:16 AM

The War of the Boards.

Tom Cruise will play Chris Duel.

jaffies
02-14-2008, 01:22 AM
When I was still living in Austin, I stumbled upon SR.com. I was lucky enough to have a job where I could do nothing but be on the internet all day long. The forum was very fun and I grew to enjoy reading several of the poster's posts on a daily basis, and for hours and hours at a time. My goal of the work day wasn't to get work done, but to post at least 5 times daily so I could increase my post count so I could be considered part of this genuinely interesting group. It was exciting.

Exodus happened.

I noticed a slight change at first, but thought, "hmmmm....maybe these posters are just missing in action". More and more started leaving and it fucking hit me. Most, no, ALL people that left were my favorite posters that I liked reading. All the intelligent, insightful, funny opinions were no longer available. There was no more Kori, no more Timvp, no SpursWoman, no mouse, no GhostWriter, Aggie, MarcusBryant, baselinebum, no SolidD, and numerous others were nowhere to be found.

I don't know what happened to cause the rift. I don't care.

No disrespect to Mr. Duel, but I have never heard his show, and I don't know too much about him. But it's the members on this team that make this site worth visiting and contributing to. It's the members, including Chris Duel that make SpursTalk the best NBA message board on the net.

Every member, from KoriEllis to SporkDynasty!

I am here for good. :tu

Tenacious D
02-14-2008, 01:40 AM
The War of the Boards.

Tom Cruise will play Chris Duel.

:lmao

I was thinking more like "Fried Green Tamales" :smokin

Starring Lady Spur

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-77/FriedTomatoes19.jpeg

Jimmy
02-14-2008, 01:50 AM

How about 'Deep Impact' ........since that is what the program director at the Ticket feels with this new ESPN show!

Jimmy
02-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Somehow picturing DizzG trying to keep Dusty happy with the latest scandal @ SR

Broke Back mountain seems comes to mind. :lmao

Spuradicator
02-14-2008, 02:19 AM
I jumped ship from Spurs report....I was lost, but now I found my way here to Spurstalk and am damnglad I did. This fourm kicks ass....

Hank Hill
02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1313733&posted=1#post1313733

Before they take it down.

THEY REMOVED THE SECOND ONE ALSO :wakeup

Capt Bringdown
02-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Remember when they sent out that mass email claiming that they were sueing us (you and I together for some reason)? :lmao I never understand that one.

Long, long time ago I remember when the boys at clutchcity were poking fun of SR for copying clutchcity's layout and feature set almost down to the pixel. I think it was just gentle ribbing at first, but the giggles soon turned into guffaws when the great legend-in-his-own-mind himself threatened to sue if they didn't stop making fun of him.

I don't know about SR's current feud with ST, but I'm guessing they're just dead jealous over there. They're getting their asses handed to 'em in the website dept, and when you add radio in the mix that's gotta be a little frustrating for them. Didn't the owner take a stab at a career in radio and fail miserably? Certainly one of the dorkiest voices I've ever heard foul the airwaves.

polandprzem
02-14-2008, 09:31 AM
spursreport

polandprzem
02-14-2008, 09:32 AM
eeee I'm just testing :D

I'm on the bright side, but still somwhere covered by a crowd.

Wait ... TPark didn't called me a fuckface?

02-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I had never known what it was like to be HATED this intensely before SR.com. I had lived on this Earth for 40+ years and generally gotten along with everyone.

Even from the dude that didn't like your Luby's joke?

AlamoSpursFan
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
^^ That could be the first "Heckler With 25 Dead Friends In Killeen" referrence in ST history.

Shastafarian
02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
You'd think people would have better things to do with their time right Hantler?

SpursWoman
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
If you have been to my house 10+ times, ate my food and drank my beer, why not a courtesy phone call to say to ask me what's going on?

....and traumatized your dogs... :wow

We were all good friends and had a lot of fun together, and it's very sad that things turned out the way they did.

E20
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
This is more epic then the Civil war, I gotta catch up on my Spurs message board history.

gatoloco
02-14-2008, 12:43 PM
so is this all cuz dusty got his unrequited love feelings hurt when Kori and LJ hooked up and also cuz DizzG had a sexual seduction upstairs at Kori's house?

T Park
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
jackhammah!

Kori Ellis
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
so is this all cuz dusty got his unrequited love feelings hurt when Kori and LJ hooked up and also cuz DizzG had a sexual seduction upstairs at Kori's house?

:lol

No!

Anyway ...

Let's just wish them well and leave it at that.

Jimmy
02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Didn't the owner take a stab at a career in radio and fail miserably? Certainly one of the dorkiest voices I've ever heard foul the airwaves.

Wow you go way back! Remember when someone at spurs central did a wall paper with one of the spurs as a star wars figure and all hell broke lose when SR claimed they had the rights to any Star wars spurs wallpapers?

tlongII
02-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I remember when Dusty Garza threatened to sue me. True story.

T Park
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Only in your mind.

I don't know what your deal is.

Tree hugger
02-14-2008, 04:25 PM
eeee I'm just testing :D

I'm on the bright side, but still somwhere covered by a crowd.

Tpark has tuned a new leaf maybe you can embrace that!

mikejones99
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
they are paying new members to join now

T Park
02-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh are they?

Hmm, might have to make up an alternate name to just register and post once a month :lol