PDA

View Full Version : We don't need to make a move!!

smahmood26
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
All the moves that have been made show that the Western Confrence is scared of the Spurs. We still have a great core and next year when all those contracts are up we can reload. The Mavs are desperate and Kidd really won't make that much difference and they lost all size with Diop leaving. Duncan will dominate Dampier and Dirk. I think we will still be able to contend this year and will be able to bring in some great talent that has un in contention for years to come

lefty
02-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks Captain Obvious

SpursFan0728
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
it would be sweet if we are the only team that didn't make a move and still win the title....

lefty
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
it would be sweet if we are the only team that didn't make a move and still win the title....

This is why I'm enjoying all those trades

ChumpDumper
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I would prefer to make a move for a young swingman. A guy like Miller or more of a slasher would really help going forward into the next couple of seasons.

T Park
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Agreed, trading would be smart for not just now, but for the future. Getting a Mike Miller and or a Udonis Haslem would be prudent.

smahmood26
02-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I doubt Miami would want to unoload Haslem now that Shaq is gone. I agree though, if Haslem was an option than we should go after him. To me Miller is a younger Barry without the ballhandling.

tav1
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
We don't have to make a move, but we probably should. If we can move Elson, Barry or Bonner for someone that could crack the rotation now or next season, then we have to do that.

And the Spurs can't reload this summer. They don't have any cap space.

tav1
02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
I doubt Miami would want to unoload Haslem now that Shaq is gone. I agree though, if Haslem was an option than we should go after him. To me Miller is a younger Barry without the ballhandling.

Miami is shopping Haslam precisely because Shaq is gone; Miller is a better player than Barry.

smahmood26
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
We don't have to make a move, but we probably should. If we can move Elson, Barry or Bonner for someone that could crack the rotation now or next season, then we have to do that.

And the Spurs can't reload this summer. They don't have any cap space.

Looking for someone to crack the rotation isn't going to do anything. The rotation is pretty much set. No team is going to take Bonner or Elson for someone that will contribute.

tav1
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Yes, like Mohammed didn't help.

A bonafide rebounder/shot blocker as an eigth man could mean the difference between winning and losing a championship. The Spurs are suffering for front court help or someone who can create at the wing.

DazedAndConfused
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Considering Elson, Barry, Bonner, and Horry are pretty much useless on your team a trade wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Douchebag lakerfan knows not what he speaks.

vander
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
While I would be perfectly happy if we stood pat, I have always wanted Mike Miller, and if the Griz are in fire sale mode then :hungry: :greedy

also I think getting artest would be worthwhile, He's good, our guys won't be corrupted by his attitude, It'll be like Randy Moss to the Pats, but with the added bonus of him NOT going to the Suns

DazedAndConfused
02-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Considering what Pop said about Memphis' FO I don't think there is a trade brewing in the works.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Eh, if the price is right Heisley would let Pop call his momma a syphilitic whore.