PDA

View Full Version : Saw Duncan, Gino @ C-Lounge in the tee dot

SPURS21
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Went to the Spurs Raps game on Monday. Saw Duncan, Manu and Oberto out with Joey Graham and Rasho at a lounge. Duncan was cool, Oberto and Manu acted like they were A-list celebrities which was interesting cuz I think I was probably the only person in the whole spot who even recognized em...

pretty cool to see em out after the game tho!

ChumpDumper
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Did you go up and tell them how much you hate ploto?

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Went to the Spurs Raps game on Monday. Saw Duncan, Manu and Oberto out with Joey Graham and Rasho at a lounge. Duncan was cool, Oberto and Manu acted like they were A-list celebrities which was interesting cuz I think I was probably the only person in the whole spot who even recognized em...

pretty cool to see em out after the game tho!

Oberto acted like he was big time, that is some funny shit if true. :lol

bdictjames
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
C-Lounge?

SPURS21
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
...sorry should read '@ C-Lounge' not 'and C-Lounge'

m33p0
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
i was going to ask who in the world is C-Lounge. :lol

greens
02-13-2008, 10:04 PM
That's awesome that you saw them...

I've heard from the people who have met Manu that he's one of the nicest people...That he always signs autographs and is very respectful/polite...When you said that he acted like an A-list celebrity...what did you mean? Just curious...

El_Mago
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I saw Manu and Oberto at Dolce once.

Manu was in shorts chillin, and Oberto was doing his thing....they were just drinking, and listening to the music.

Also, saw them at Houlihans with their wives, and they were watching the Suns on ESPN...ha.

Buddy Holly
02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Doesn't Graham live in San Antonio?

remingtonbo2001
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
i was going to ask who in the world is C-Lounge. :lol

The low post threat we've have desired for so long.

ploto
02-13-2008, 11:06 PM
There were a couple more guys you must have missed seeing who went out with that group Monday night. The Spurs stayed overnight in Toronto and did not leave until Tuesday. And it is kind of funny, but Duncan was in an easy-going relaxed mood talking to people and Manu was uncharacteristically unfriendly to people.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-13-2008, 11:13 PM
There were a couple more guys you must have missed seeing who went out with that group Monday night. The Spurs stayed overnight in Toronto and did not leave until Tuesday. And it is kind of funny, but Duncan was in an easy-going relaxed mood talking to people and Manu was uncharacteristically unfriendly to people.
Really, wow, wonder what made him come off badly. I heard he's usually approachable with fans.

well whatever, can't really put much into anecdotage because I know I wouldn't want to be judged on an account to account basis.

Though, Oberto and Manu acting like entitled A-list celebrities :lmao glad I wasn't there.

ploto
02-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Really, wow, wonder what made him come off badly. I heard he's usually approachable with fans.
Who knows-- maybe they were Toronto fans harrassing him because he played so well that night?? Maybe someone said something to him...

And Duncan is actually pretty laid back and approachable when he is not out with his family. He is just protective of them and his time with them. So it is not a good idea to bother him when he is with them, but out with the the guys, he is pretty cool to people.

Sec24Row7
02-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Fuck Canadians... I'm with Manu

porscha
02-13-2008, 11:51 PM
manu did not go to Toronto to make friends, friendship making you soft :lol :lol :lol :clap :clap :clap

e20dylan
02-14-2008, 01:14 AM
yah really god damn french canadians are even worse then canadians

Spursofthemoment
02-14-2008, 03:17 AM
When you say lounge, do you mean the club/bar type of place? Why can't I imagine any of those fools dancing?:lol

Anyway I'm glad someone was nice. It sucks when actual fans meet players on a bad day.

Who else was there Ploto?

ploto
02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
When you say lounge, do you mean the club/bar type of place? Why can't I imagine any of those fools dancing?:lol

http://www.libertygroup.com/c_lounge/c_lounge.html

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.libertygroup.com/c_lounge/c_lounge.html

Monday night is sort of a night that professional type people go there- not so young of a crowd.

what a dump.

mrsmaalox
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
what a dump.

:lmao "Dangerously Hip"

MI21
02-14-2008, 09:52 AM

I gotta ask... either you are good friends with Rasho, or you follow him around?

Which is it? :spin

angel_luv
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM

And where was my invite, boys? :)

ploto
02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Let the record show- I was NOT in Toronto on Monday night. I wish I could have been there; that game was infinitely more exciting than the one in San Antonio in December.

T Park
02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
psychic.

Like I know Duncan didn't donate money :lol

Soul_Patch
02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
So if you weren't in Toronto....how do you know that is the way Tim and Manu acted?

secret hidden cameras

remingtonbo2001
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
secret hidden cameras

:lol

dbreiden83080
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Who knows-- maybe they were Toronto fans harrassing him because he played so well that night?? Maybe someone said something to him...

And Duncan is actually pretty laid back and approachable when he is not out with his family. He is just protective of them and his time with them. So it is not a good idea to bother him when he is with them, but out with the the guys, he is pretty cool to people.

I live in NY and have had the chance in Manhattan to meet some athletes like Mark Messier and John Starks who i saw at various hot spots over the years but i never wanted to bother them. I have gotten autograghs from athletes over the years at various signings but in public i just kind of have the attitude that they probably don't want to be bothered by people bugging them for things on their personal time. Nice to hear Timmy is cool though since he is my fav.

greens
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Let the record show- I was NOT in Toronto on Monday night. I wish I could have been there; that game was infinitely more exciting than the one in San Antonio in December.

Nice...then how do you know how Manu/Tim/Oberto acted?

Not cool spreading around rumors trying to make other players look bad... :rolleyes

nkdlunch
02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Manu doesn't have to act to please everyone. What if he just wanted to be left alone?

I hate when fans talk shit just because maybe the dude wanted to be left alone.

MI21
02-15-2008, 10:40 AM
This thread interests me, I want to know what ploto was on about.

Bump.

Bruno
02-15-2008, 10:49 AM
You just need to read Raptors message board to know who was there :
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=761047&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
You just need to read Raptors message board to know who was there :
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=761047&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Was at C-lounge last night and who walks in at 12 30 ish? Duncan, Ginobli, Oberto, Stoudemire, Horry, Finley, Rasho, TJ, Joey, Moon, and Delfino. Got to talk to all of them, I wished Moon good luck, it seemed like he enjoys the fan attention. I offered to buy a round, but all the raps with the exception of Joey were drinking water. Rasho was buying rounds for the spurs players. Manu was a dick, wanted to be left alone, but Duncan was genuinely nice, was very happy to shake hands and talk for a bit. TJ's wrist was wrapped up and he was wearing a sleeve. Word of advice, the raps are always at C-lounge after monday night home games, it's industry night so there are a lot of professionals, not too many youngins.

:lmao @ Manu snubbing some Canadian dudes

Duncan and Manu both sound cool from that account; even if they took different attitudes towards people

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Maybe Manu doesn't like canadiens?