PDA

View Full Version : Devean George Blocks Kidd Deal!

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244818

Mavs forward George blocks trade of Kidd to Mavs

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Buwahahahahahaha

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 08:58 PM
what a fucker. he doesn't do shit for us on the court, begs to be traded, then when the Mavs accomodate him he blocks the deal.

td4mvp21
What a bitch

monosylab1k
just throw eddie jones in there instead.

Mister Sinister
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Hahahahahaha. I lol'd.

monosylab1k
barely a week ago he was publicly asking for a trade. what a god damn asshole.

ThomasGranger
George = cancer

resistanze
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
LMAO! That was unexpected.

lurker
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Marry me, Devean George.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Deaven George you COCK SUCKING MOTHER FUCKER.... CUT HIS ASS

Mr.Bottomtooth
Lmfao

Trainwreck2100
:lol He had a no trade clause and nobody thought to ask him?

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
That worthless fucker is bricking it up too...AT LEAST PLAY WELL YOU ASSHOLE

Flo-Rida
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
:owned :lmao

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
:lol He had a no trade clause and nobody thought to ask him?
He was publicly asking to be traded a week ago.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Avery should sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the season lol

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Also just send them Hassell or Jones...WGAS

lurker
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Devean never flat out said he wanted to be traded.

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM

Major bumble by Cuban and the Mavs FO. Even if he was asking to be traded they still should have asked him.

Only the Mavs... Only the Mavs..

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
This is bad...you have to figure out a way to make it now..."Oh sorry, Devin, come back to us..."

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Major bumble by Cuban and the Mavs FO. Even if he was asking to be traded they still should have asked him.

Lol says the fan of a team that traded Marion and never told him personally...get the fuck out :elephant

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah the Mavs are so pathetic that they beat the Spurs in the playoffs. How's that task worked out for the Suns lately?

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
This is bad...you have to figure out a way to make it now..."Oh sorry, Devin, come back to us..."

Pretty sure the Nets dont want Deaven freakun George...just send another player with similar salary...take Hassels sorry ass...they both suck :elephant

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
it's doubtful that some shithead like Devean George will be able to stop a trade like this. this will be worked out. just a temporary roadblock.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Pretty sure the Nets dont want Deaven freak George...just send another player with similar salary :elephant

George makes 2.3 million. Only guy close to him is Eddie Jones at 1.8...don't know if the deal works subbing in Eddie for Devean.

himat
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
This is a major mistake. Lets say a deal does not fall through (the Mavs will probably just trade someone else instead of George), but if not what happens to the Mavs? Will guys like Devin Harris and Diop be angry and lose confidence? This is going to be a mess if Cuban does not fix it quick.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
This is a major mistake. Lets say a deal does not fall through (the Mavs will probably just trade someone else instead of George), but if not what happens to the Mavs? Will guys like Devin Harris and Diop be angry and lose confidence? This is going to be a mess if Cuban does not fix it quick.

Agreed. I didn't want to do the deal in the first place, but leaving the roster intact after all this drama creates "issues" on top of issues that are already there.

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Lol says the fan of a team that traded Marion and never told him personally...get the fuck out :elephant

Marion didn't have a no trade clause you fucking MOTARD!!

This is classic, the Mavs have been the laughing stock of the league since their epic collapse in the Finals.. Let's recap..

- Turned a 2-0 Finals lead into a reverse sweep.
- Had the "best 50gm stretch" in sports history that lead them no where.
- Were the first #1 seed to lose to a #8 seed in the best of 7.
- Attempt a block buster trade, but fail to ask the one player who has a no-trade clause if he's ok w/ it..

Fookin EIDIOTS!!

LakeShow
02-13-2008, 09:16 PM
:lol Collusion! Mitch told him to do that!

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Kobe asked to be traded too, but wouldn't agree to be traded to a crappy team. I.E. the Bulls w/out Deng. You still need to ask the guy

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
George makes 2.3 million. Only guy close to him is Eddie Jones at 1.8...don't know if the deal works subbing in Eddie for Devean.

Maybe the Mavs could offer more cash to make up the diff??

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Naaa i doubt it ...it could actually be a positive for Devin and Diop....make there asses work harder. :elephant

Anyway I would prefer to keep George's sorry ass...send Hassell instead..he sucks worse if that is possible at all :elephant

BillsCarnage
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah the Mavs are so pathetic that they beat the Spurs in the playoffs. How's that task worked out for the Suns lately?

exact same thing it got the Mavs... JACK SHIT!

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Replace George with Eddie Jones and throw in J.J. Barea and it works.

Then bury George's worthless ass on the DL or throw him in the D-League if he's eligible. He'll get boatloads of that playing time he desires down there.

lurker
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
If you want to blame someone, blame Avery. He's been giving Devean the playing time he wanted to make him happy. :lol Of course he doesn't want to leave now.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
"I think Devin has a lot of upside, but Jason Kidd is the type of all-league point guard our teams needs," Stackhouse said. "We just need a jolt. Adding a player like him can re-energize a team, hopefully."

"It's been kind of stagnant all season," Stackhouse said. "I think you just try to find the right piece. Maybe this is the right piece that really helps our team, that gets our scorers easy opportunities. Getting Pau or Shaq wouldn't have helped that case. Getting a point guard, that gets you easy opportunities. It solves that issue for us."

they have to do this now.

himat
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Agreed. I didn't want to do the deal in the first place, but leaving the roster intact after all this drama creates "issues" on top of issues that are already there.

The trade has to be done now. What sucks for the Mavs is that they will probably have to give up someone a little better than Devean George like Eddie Jones.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
George is being an asshole right now but he's such a spare in this league, he will be convinced to agree to this trade or risk being blackballed for the rest of his career.

oligarchy
02-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Nope, it wouldn't work. Plus, George is an expiring, which makes it worthwhile for their rebuilding.

Trainwreck2100
Maybe the Mavs could offer more cash to make up the diff??

Nope, 3 mill is the maximum allowed

Amarelooms

Then bury George's worthless ass on the DL or throw him in the D-League if he's eligible. He'll get boatloads of that playing time he desires down there.

No way...Im keeping JJ and JOnes...Nets have to take Hassell :elephant

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
The trade has to be done now. What sucks for the Mavs is that they will probably have to give up someone a little better than Devean George like Eddie Jones.

With Stackhouse throwing Devin under the bus and getting a boner over Kidd, they HAVE to make this trade. Leaving the roster intact ruins our chemistry, which apparently was not that great to begin with.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's basketball, so I"ll laugh. If Hillary gets the nomination over Obama, I'll cry.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
This is a funny little twist and all, but really all this means is that Kidd won't be in Dallas until after the All-Star break. Nothing more.

himat
02-13-2008, 09:25 PM
All that talk about the Mavs psychology crap was overplayed, but if the trade is not done this could get nasty. The Mavs could lose out on a trip to the Finals because of Devean freaking George.

Amarelooms
How much is Juwan Howard making?

Trainwreck2100

If you throw in Eddie Jones than there is nobody to trade to Memphis for Mike Miller

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
No way...Im keeping JJ and JOnes...Nets have to take Hassell :elephant

I don't think that works. Hassell makes $4.5 million, maybe the Mavs reduce the cash payout to Jersey...either way, they have to salvage this trade now. They've committed to this course, I can't see the team chemistry being very good anymore, regardless of the X's and O's.

oligarchy
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM

Who's the backup point? What happens if Kidd got hurt? They won't deal Barea.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:27 PM
How much is Juwan Howard making?

$700k.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
If you want to blame someone, blame Avery.
Honestly, the second I read that George blocked this deal, I immediately wondered if Avery was behind it.

Seriously, would the Mavs do all this work without figuring out if George would accept the trade in the first place?

We all know Avery's pet phrase has been "We like our team". He seems insistent that no trade needs to be made. During the press conference today he seemed extremely annoyed by the trade and insisted that it was "speculation" despite his own player (Stackhouse) calling it a done deal.

I'm wondering if he got overruled by Donnie & Cuban, then secretly whispered in George's ear "veto this trade".

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM

Darrell Armstrong, who was coming with Kidd.

himat
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's basketball, so I"ll laugh. If Hillary gets the nomination over Obama, I'll cry. Obama>>Hillary.

I think the situation is going to clear up with this trade fiasco though.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
To call Barea our backup PG is laughable. If we're relying on Barea to contribute anything meaningful, nothing short of sending Jordan in his prime through a time machine to play for Dallas will win them a title.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Obama>>Hillary.

I think the situation is going to clear up with this trade fiasco though.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like this is a minor hiccup. There's no way this trade doesn't happen on account of Devean George. They might actually have to use the KVH option, or sub in Eddie Jones or Trenton Hassell and adjust the $3 million payment made to Jersey, but I'm pretty sure this is happening. There's no way they weren't aware of that trade clause by George. He must have had a change of heart.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Devin George likes our team

lurker
02-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Honestly, the second I read that George blocked this deal, I immediately wondered if Avery was behind it.

Seriously, would the Mavs do all this work without figuring out if George would accept the trade in the first place?

We all know Avery's pet phrase has been "We like our team". He seems insistent that no trade needs to be made. During the press conference today he seemed extremely annoyed by the trade and insisted that it was "speculation" despite his own player (Stackhouse) calling it a done deal.

I'm wondering if he got overruled by Donnie & Cuban, then secretly whispered in George's ear "veto this trade".
I hope Avery was behind it and that he was against a trade being made. I'd hate to think he's as dramatic as Mark Cuban and some Mavs fans. :lol

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Devin George IS SUCKING ASS MORE THEN USUAL...HE SABOTAGING US

himat
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Darrell Armstrong is very solid by the way. Mav fans should like him.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I can't believe I'm now a huge advocate of Kidd to Dallas

StylisticS
completely different turnaround from Mavs fans on this board from dallas-mavs. Dallas-Mavs.com is praising Devean George for blocking this trade.

monosylab1k
Devean George is a Laker at heart trying to fuck us over to get the Lakers into the Finals....just like Jerry West. FUCK!

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
This is about money and I'm sure the Mavs will pay Devean off to go away:

Since George has played here two years, he's got Early Bird rights. That means the Mavs could sign him to 175% of his current salary, or the average player salary without dipping into their MLE or any other exception.

If George gets traded, he loses those rights. He just becomes a regular old free agent who needs someone to dip into an exception or cap space. The Nets would then have to use one of their exceptions to resign him, or to sign and trade him.

Flo-Rida
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
heres a post from pro sports daily which is funny because it could happen.

T"he league would force this deal somehow. A seldom used player is not going to be allowed to have that type of power.
David Stern will tell him to go to the Nets or you won't play another game in the league."

DazedAndConfused
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
LOL, ex-Lakers trying to screw the rest of the league over. I love it.

DazedAndConfused
Someone tell me how in the hell George has a no-trade clause. Who the fuck would be that stupid to give him one?

monosylab1k
completely different turnaround from Mavs fans on this board from dallas-mavs. Dallas-Mavs.com is praising Devean George for blocking this trade.
That's cuz those guys are ball-licking homers who probably think Josh Howard is a better overall player than LeBron James.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Someone tell me how in the hell George has a no-trade clause. Who the fuck would be that stupid to give him one?
good question, SpursDynasty. good question.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Since George has played here two years, he's got Early Bird rights. That means the Mavs could sign him to 175% of his current salary, or the average player salary without dipping into their MLE or any other exception.

If George gets traded, he loses those rights. He just becomes a regular old free agent who needs someone to dip into an exception or cap space. The Nets would then have to use one of their exceptions to resign him, or to sign and trade him.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
This is about money. Cuban is willing to go into salary cap hell and shorten his team's window to win RIGHT FUCKING NOW, you think Devean George is going to capsize this?

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
According to the Dallas Morning News, Cuban himself is now saying that the deal won't go through.

Asked if he thought the trade would go through, Mavs owner Mark Cuban said, "No, I don't think so," according to the newspaper.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxpower
02-13-2008, 09:48 PM

Hell, this isn't going to make the mavs want to re-up this benedict arnold.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:48 PM
This is fucking bullshit.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Hell, this isn't going to make the mavs want to sign this benedict arnold.

No, I meant that this is about money and there's no way the Mavs are going to hold it up over George. At this point, to salvage team chemistry, they'll alter the pieces going to Jersey.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM

the same douchebag that tries to trade him without asking if he would exercise his no trade clause.

lurker
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
According to the Dallas Morning News, Cuban himself is now saying that the deal won't go through.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, Mark said that before the news came out about Devean blocking the trade. :lol I assumed Mark was fucking around with the media at the time, but I guess he wasn't.

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I figure this gets done somehow now. The cat is out of the bag, you can't walk this one back.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Seriously, it is in George's best interests to accept this trade. He's already a fringe player in the NBA as it is.....why would any team want a guy that whines to be traded, then a week later, at the very last minute, refuses to be part of a multi-part blockbuster deal, thereby fucking over two franchises in the process.

He either accepts this deal or risks being blackballed by the entire league.

Not to mention the fact that he sucks dick on the court.

Trainwreck2100
Now Kidd has to put his stuff back in his locker

sribb43
who the fuck vetos a trade when your in a 1-yr deal... i know his bird rights in his contract all him to but have some balls and just go, we dont want you DG

DazedAndConfused
Wow talk about a screwup of monumental proportions. You'd think they would have the common sense to ask George if he would excise that no trade clause 1st before splattering this all over the news. Now if the trade doesn't go through you have to deal with chemistry and fallout issues over the deal.

Fillmoe
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
lol... devean george is a bitch!

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Thank you Devean George. Please convince the GM that this trade is shit.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Seriously, it is in George's best interests to accept this trade. He's already a fringe player in the NBA as it is.....why would any team want a guy that whines to be traded, then a week later, at the very last minute, refuses to be part of a multi-part blockbuster deal, thereby fucking over two franchises in the process.

He either accepts this deal or risks being blackballed by the entire league.

Not to mention the fact that he sucks dick on the court.

That fucker is like 0-6 and playing HORRIBLE. HEY ASSHOLE IF YOU WANT TO STAY PICK UP YOUR GAME :elephant

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 09:56 PM

You are a moron...Harris and SHIT (George and Diop) for Kidd...with Stack coming back in 30 days. Great deal for the Mavs :elephant

LakeShow
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Devean George is a Laker at heart trying to fuck us over to get the Lakers into the Finals....just like Jerry West. FUCK!

:lol I beat you to it!

Findog
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow talk about a screwup of monumental proportions. You'd think they would have the common sense to ask George if he would excise that no trade clause 1st before splattering this all over the news. Now if the trade doesn't go through you have to deal with chemistry and fallout issues over the deal.

Who says they didn't? Maybe he had a change of heart.

BonnerDynasty
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
They just told Duncan what happened and he goes...."Who?"

:lmao

He probably didn't hear the guy say George's name but that was funny.

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Fuck We Need A Damn Fucking God Damn Trade.devean George,get The Fuck Off Your Lazy Ass You Fatass And Start Contributing You Classless Peice Of Shit.your A Dumbass You Said You Wanted To Be Traded So When U Finally Get The Chance To Leave Dallas,you Have To Screw The Mavs Chances At Getting Kidd You Fuckhole And Now What...ur Playing Like Shit!

td4mvp21
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm wondering what effect this will have on Harris, if any.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Who says they didn't? Maybe he had a change of heart.

Rumor has it he said ok initially then no :elephant

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Why dont we just waive George's dirty ###### african ass and put KVH's white trash pale ass into the trade

sribb43
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
His ass should be on the inactive list until he agrees to the trade, not in the starting lineup so his can suck ass

mavsfan1000
You are a moron...Harris and SHIT (George and Diop) for Kidd...with Stack coming back in 30 days. Great deal for the Mavs :elephant
With Harris playing, this team is much better. Harris is shooting a career high 50% while Kidd is shooting 36.6% and stat padding. Harris has surpassed Kidd this year imo. I know others will disagree because they can't look passed the name of the players.

himat

Even if the deal sucks the Mavs now face major emotional and chemistry issues with this whole situation if the trade does not fall through.

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Why dont we just waive George's ass and put KVH's white trash pale ass into the trade
racism aside, that would work. it would completely fuck over our Mike Miller/Corey Maggette aspirations though.

FUCK DEVEAN GEORGE!!!!!!

Flo-Rida
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Kidd is probally like
"Just my fucking luck"

mavsfan1000
Why dont we just waive George's dirty ###### african ass and put KVH's white trash pale ass into the trade
racist comment.

sribb43
With Harris playing, this team is much better. Harris is shooting a career high 50% while Kidd is shooting 36.6% and stat padding. Harris has surpassed Kidd this year imo. I know others will disagree because they can't look passed the name of the players.

Harris doesnt make the game easier for his teammates. kidd gets his teammates in positions were they can finish or when they are wide open; how do think he gets so many assists... its called a playmaker, something your PG should be, which harris is not

Flo-Rida
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
racist comment.
That was uncalled for no need to make a racist comment about george when in reality he actually did the right thing

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
racism aside, that would work. it would completely fuck over our Mike Miller/Corey Maggette aspirations though.

FUCK DEVEAN GEORGE!!!!!!

If we dont make the finals and win this year,i'm blaming that selfish classless son of a fucking god damn bitch. :madrun :madrun

himat
02-13-2008, 10:09 PM

FUCK DEVEAN GEORGE!!!!!!

Thank you. Some of you guys need to
:stfu

The deal was halfway done with. I am sure it is going to fall through.

dallaskd
Fuck We Need A Damn Fucking God Damn Trade.devean George,get The Fuck Off Your Lazy Ass You Fatass And Start Contributing You Classless Peice Of Shit.your A Dumbass You Said You Wanted To Be Traded So When U Finally Get The Chance To Leave Dallas,you Have To Screw The Mavs Chances At Getting Kidd You Fuckhole And Now What...ur Playing Like Shit!go Back To Africa You Bloody ######!!!!!!!!!

Ban this guy

mavsfan1000
Harris doesnt make the game easier for his teammates. kidd gets his teammates in positions were they can finish or when they are wide open; how do think he gets so many assists... its called a playmaker, something your PG should be, which harris is not
I disagree. He does tons better at running the team than Terry. This team isn't exactly known to make it easy for a point guard as Nash got a ton more useful when he went to Phoenix.

dallaskd
02-13-2008, 10:10 PM

Seriously get this guy off the forum

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
oh man oh man oh man

we'll trade you ginobili for harris

deal?

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn though...Kidd,Jho,jet,dirk..damn...and stackhouse

sribb43
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I disagree. He does tons better at running the team than Terry. This team isn't exactly known to make it easy for a point guard as Nash got a ton more useful when he went to Phoenix.

well of course he runs the team better than JET but thats not saying much bc JEt really isnt a PG

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
so what percentage of a chance does this trade still have of going through (without devean, I guess)

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
This shit better go through all the mavs chemistry is ruined for over and we will really be the "softest" team in the league.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome back Harris. Devin will be fine and no issues will come out of this. In fact this is horrible news for the rest of the league. Harris will be back and fully motivated as Stack was playing mindgames with him. Mavs have a 2nd chance and they will keep this team intact. God damn it this is a blessing in disguise!! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
so what percentage of a chance does this trade still have of going through (without devean, I guess)

Rumor has it none...Nets want the expiring contract :elephant

StylisticS

WTF? Stupid ass bitch. This was uncalled for and I don't give a fuck if you said you was joking. That shit should not be said on these boards.

MavDynasty
What happened to Ponky...random but idc

gmanrulz
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Seriously get this guy off the forum

dont rush to conclusions. He could be george and van horns love child. Talking about riding the bench...

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
well of course he runs the team better than JET but thats not saying much bc JEt really isnt a PG
I know but considering this team likes to stand around the perimeter and Harris is our only consistent penetrator, it is vital for him to keep doing that. I don't think Kidd has the speed to go through the defense like Harris does. Howard is probably the only one that will benefit from this style as everyone else are not known to be high flyers like what Phoenix has. Therefore I think Kidd would struggle on a team like Dallas.

himat
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
WTF? Stupid ass bitch. This was uncalled for and I don't give a fuck if you said you was joking. That shit should not be said on these boards.

Even though what he said pissed me off don't worry about it. The guy is a pussy.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll George Is 0-10....you Moron...i Hate You

MavDynasty
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Even though what he said pissed me off don't worry about it. The guy is a pussy.
:toast

himat
02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
:lol According to the game stats Devean George is actually playing and he is 0-7 in 25 minutes. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

himat
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
:toast

??????

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
0-11 You Idiot

Fillmoe
02-13-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.crazydogtshirts.com/catalog/cock-block.gif

himat
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
0-11 You Idiot

I am only looking at the stats on espn, which don't update every second. Either way he hasn't made one though
:lol

By the way don't call me an idiot. Thanks

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I am only looking at the stats on espn, which don't update every second. Either way he hasn't made one though

By the way don't call me an idiot. Thanks

NOT YOU LOL...DEVIN GEORGE....that ass clown....blocks the trade and gonna go 0-15...very nice :elephant

lurker
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
You bitter fans hating on Devean would do the same thing in his position. STFU already. :lol

himat
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
This is so funny.

Someone on a different thread (with the same topic) said that the Mavs probably realized that the trade was not that great and that Devean George's contract was only an excuse. He could be right. :lol

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
This is so funny.

Someone on a different thread (with the same topic) said that the Mavs probably realized that the trade was not that great and that Devean George's contract was only an excuse. He could be right. :lol

Whats not great about..losing sorry ass George or one-dimensional Diop...oh it must be the all star Ager you dont want to lose lol :elephant

mavsfan1000
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Whats not great about..losing sorry ass George or one-dimensional Diop...oh it must be the all star Ager you dont want to lose lol :elephant
Diop rules. I loves his defense and rebounding as it desperately needed in Dallas. Bass sucks at center as he doesn't do either. Bass is already an undersized power forward. It gets worse when he plays center.

himat
02-13-2008, 11:05 PM

Well the Mavs would basically have 1 year left to win a championship because of Kidd's age.

Amarelooms
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Well the Mavs would basically have 1 year left to win a championship because of Kidd's age.

Not quite...he has 2-3 more decent years...Kidd is an actual point guard :elephant

monosylab1k
02-13-2008, 11:23 PM
In his post-game interview George described things going on as "figuring everything out" and that he was only "slowing things down".

It looks like he's just making sure he understands all the ramifications of what will happen to him contract-wise when the trade goes down. He's going to agree to the trade.

Findog
02-13-2008, 11:33 PM
In his post-game interview George described things going on as "figuring everything out" and that he was only "slowing things down".

It looks like he's just making sure he understands all the ramifications of what will happen to him contract-wise when the trade goes down. He's going to agree to the trade.

what good are his early bird rights if the Mavs don't extend him? The Mavs can offer him up to 175% of this current salary without using their MLE or any other kind of exception. If he gets traded, he loses those rights and his current team can no longer do that. Does he think the Mavs or Nets are going to exercise that option? That's hypothetical money he's never going to see.

Shank
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
No crap. You think you're going to get these Bird Right bonuses from the team you just fucked over? His agent is the one being the greedy fuck and is obviously delusional to think his client is the second coming of Basketball Jesus. Technically, the trade could still work without George in it, but the Mavs wouldn't get Malik Allen in return.

ludda
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
The Nets basically forfieted the game to Toronto sitting out Kidd-Allen-Wright, while Diop and George were playing.

wtf. I think it will happen, but weird turn of events.

Findog
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
No crap. You think you're going to get these Bird Right bonuses from the team you just fucked over? His agent is the one being the greedy fuck and is obviously delusional to think his client is the second coming of Basketball Jesus. Technically, the trade could still work without George in it, but the Mavs wouldn't get Malik Allen in return.

George's post game quotes don't make sense, nor that he played 32 minutes tonight.

I don't believe Devean would actually get resigned by the Mavs for more than 20% of his current contract, which is all he's really protected from. The only angle that makes sense, is that George is angling for a guaranteed 20% raise 1 year extension or something similar, or else he'll veto. So now the Mavs/Nets have to decide if they want to pander to George, add an extra year which makes him less attractive, or ship Hassell and his bigger contract or Van Horn and his fictitious contract instead.

lurker
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
I hope Devean's agent tells him not to agree to it. Lie if you need to, Mr. Agent Man.

Shank
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
George's agent was the one that cockblocked this, but he's currently traveling. He and George are going to get together to figure out what's best for DG in all of this. As it sounds now, his agent told him to shoot it down until they could work things out. We may come to find that George doesn't give a shit about the Bird Rights and is cool with going to play with his buddy Jefferson in NJ.

It will still happen and I think it will go down as initially written. If need be, the Mavs could substitute KVH's magical contract in place of DG. But then what to do with the malcontent George and his pig nose?

I'm also getting tired of Spurs fans knocking this deal and just assuming they'd steamroll over Dallas in the playoffs because Harris and Diop are gone and Kidd is in his place. The Mavs are much more than that, obviously and would still give SA matchup issues.

Findog
02-14-2008, 12:29 AM
It's beyond the X's and O's. I didn't want Kidd for what it took, but the Mavs are still an elite team after this trade. You either do the deal or you don't. What you don't do is let it get out to your starting PG and your backup C that you didn't think enough of them to keep them, nor do you want George and his attitude around. That leads to locker room factions and bad chemistry. They have to get this done now. The X's and O's are secondary. 24 hours ago I would've said our best bet for playoff success is our current roster and making minor tweaks, like adding a role player or something. Now our best bet is with Kidd, because of all this drama.

debo
02-14-2008, 12:40 AM

yep, they're in a federal prison without lubed up hands

Shank
02-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Nets don't even need Diop. He's off the books after this year and they already have a guy pegged for that position. Technically, the Nets could buy out both Stackhouse and Diop and they could return to Dallas after 30 days. It's wishful thinking, but obviously a possibility. He's only making 700k anyway - why can't they work something out where Diop stays?

Purple & Gold
02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Classic turn of events.

Lakers ftw :clap :clap

Roxsfan
02-14-2008, 12:59 AM
what a fucker. he doesn't do shit for us on the court, begs to be traded, then when the Mavs accomodate him he blocks the deal.

who's the fuck up that put that provision in his contract?

fucking idiot.......

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:01 AM
who's the fuck up that put that provision in his contract?

fucking idiot.......

Nobody, it's called Early Bird Rights, it's in the collective bargaining agreement.

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Not quite...he has 2-3 more decent years...Kidd is an actual point guard :elephant
Shaq is an actual big man. Unfortunately age does things to great players. Especially guards that rely on their speed the most. Please God don't let this trade happen. It will set the mavs back for a long time if this goes through. Nets GM is genius.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Classic turn of events.

Lakers ftw :clap :clap

ftw=from the wing?

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Lakers for the win. Some franchises fall assbackward into success, other franchises see the best-laid plans go to waste.

Roxsfan
02-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Nobody, it's called Early Bird Rights, it's in the collective bargaining agreement.

I'm no trade/contract guru........but I have never heard of that fucking Larry Bird bullshit equal rights fucking stupid ass shit

Devin George = stupid fucking moron asshole sonofabitch fucking pansy peace of shit has been fuck up dick head.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Can you really blame him? How would want to go play for the nets? :toast

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm no trade/contract guru........but I have never heard of that fucking Larry Bird bullshit equal rights fucking stupid ass shit

well, here ya go:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2243964&postcount=145

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:10 AM

He's a FA at the end of the season. His options now are to go to the Nets or be persona non grata in Dallas. What good are those early Bird rights since the Mavs obviously won't be using it to sign him to an extension?

Vinnie_Johnson
02-14-2008, 01:12 AM
He's a FA at the end of the season. His options now are to go to the Nets or be persona non grata in Dallas. What good are those early Bird rights since the Mavs obviously won't be using it to sign him to an extension?

He might want another Ring his best shot would be to stay in Dallas vs Jersey. I know Mavs fans are pissed but it might be a blessing.

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:14 AM
He might want another Ring his best shot would be to stay in Dallas vs Jersey. I know Mavs fans are pissed but it might be a blessing.

I wasn't in favor of this trade, but a half-consumated deal is the worst of both worlds. Our chemistry is fucked if this trade dies.

Roxsfan
02-14-2008, 01:15 AM

fuck him, this is bigger than his selfish ass.......he just fucked his teammates, Coaches, managers, owners, fans, city and State that funded half of that fucking american airlines bullshit center because he is a selfish fuck........I hope he fucking goes to a shitty ass fucking team next year.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I wasn't in favor of this trade, but a half-consumated deal is the worst of both worlds. Our chemistry is fucked if this trade dies.

I think it will still be fine if it doesn't end up going down. Trades are almost going down all the time half the players in the NBA are being shopped for the right price.

lurker
02-14-2008, 01:23 AM
People keep saying that, but it didn't show during tonight's game. Devean and Diop were both in good spirits, and no one seemed to be that angry with Devean, except Mark Cuban. :lol

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:24 AM
If this trade doesn't go through, then almost as a default I'm in the mono/Mark Stein "they can't win as is" camp. And I fuckin' HATE that, I sincerely believed that it was possible for them to make a deep run.

Purple & Gold
02-14-2008, 01:40 AM
ftw=from the wing?

For the win. George is still a Laker at heart. He's fucking the Mavs for the benefit of the Lakers. Make them use KVH's contract for this deal and fuck the Miller deal up.

Rummpd
02-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Mavs front office looks inane and sublime. It is a dumb trade to begin with now how are all the players who were to be sent to NJ supposed to forget they were traded for a 35 year old player so close to being over the hill it is not funny.

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Mavs front office looks inane and sublime. It is a dumb trade to begin with now how are all the players who were to be sent to NJ supposed to forget they were traded for a 35 year old player so close to being over the hill it is not funny.

They're not a bunch of idiots playing around with RealGM's trade machine. No way they included George in the deal without running it by him. Say what you will about Cuban, but he's not a dumbass. George's agent told him to hold off, or he had a change of heart.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
The only reasonable play for George is to accept the trade. Either he does that, or he gets buried on IR and blackballed for being such a cock.

And I'm really certain it's his dumbass agent slowing things down. In his postgame comments George even said that he was already packing up to leave.

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:49 AM
The only reasonable play for George is to accept the trade. Either he does that, or he gets buried on IR and blackballed for being such a cock.

And I'm really certain it's his dumbass agent slowing things down. In his postgame comments George even said that he was already packing up to leave.

Then maybe the "George blocks the trade" angle was hasty? He just wanted to talk it over with his agent first?

crc21209
02-14-2008, 01:51 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/s3k7rk.jpg

funny ass shit, but this trade will go down sooner or later, no worries. Harris and Diop gone for Kidd? Bring it on! haha.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Then maybe the "George blocks the trade" angle was hasty?
Well technically he did. They were submitting the paperwork to make it official and George waited till the last possible minute to veto it. He had all day to tell them he wasn't ready to accept the trade just yet.

Now Donnie & Cuban have egg on their face because some idiot agent feels the need to research how his player sucks too hard for his Bird rights to mean dick.

Findog
02-14-2008, 01:53 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/s3k7rk.jpg

thats funny

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 02:02 AM
I almost hope he rejects this trade just so that the Mavs can fuck him over in return. I'd love seeing him sit looking miserable in a suit every night as what little value he has fucking drops to zero. Then the Mavs let him go into free agency with a nice "see what kinda money those Bird Rights get you now, asshole".

Spuradicator
02-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Mavfan should be happy George cock-blocked the trade.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 02:15 AM
I almost hope he rejects this trade just so that the Mavs can fuck him over in return. I'd love seeing him sit looking miserable in a suit every night as what little value he has fucking drops to zero. Then the Mavs let him go into free agency with a nice "see what kinda money those Bird Rights get you now, asshole".
George did us a favor. Relax.

gmanrulz
02-14-2008, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBYXeUF5s8&eurl=http://ballhype.com/video/devean_george_i_ll_be_the_bad_guy_1/

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:36 AM
George did us a favor. Relax.
fuck off. Jason Kidd is coming here and there's nothing you or Devean George can do about it.

stretch
02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
LMAO at George's statline last night...

0-11 shooting, 0-4 on threes, 0-2 on FTs, for a whopping total of 0 points.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
LMAO at George's statline last night...

0-11 shooting, 0-4 on threes, 0-2 on FTs, for a whopping total of 0 points.
After the game he had the nerve to tell everyone he was "distracted".....well of course that asshole was distracted, he created the fucking distraction!

stretch
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
After the game he had the nerve to tell everyone he was "distracted".....well of course that asshole was distracted, he created the fucking distraction!
I know... what a douche.

stretch
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
However, the more I look at it, I think it was his agent telling him to do all this. Just by seeing his interview and the comments he made, almost everything went back to him saying that his agent wanted to look deeper into this, etc...

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
btw, Eddie Jones is not an option to replace George. In the DMN he said if he gets traded he'll just retire instead of reporting to NJ.

stretch
02-14-2008, 10:14 AM
btw, Eddie Jones is not an option to replace George. In the DMN he said if he gets traded he'll just retire instead of reporting to NJ.
Yea, he came here to win a title, so I understand that. What else could we trade?

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Yea, he came here to win a title, so I understand that. What else could we trade?
George will come around - he literally has nothing to gain from blocking this trade. He's already being made to look like the bad guy, and his name & reputation will continue being dragged thru the mud. Plus if he expects PT from Dallas after this mess, he's horribly mistaken.

He needs to fire that agent of his, that guy led Devean down a real shithole.

stretch
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
George will come around - he literally has nothing to gain from blocking this trade. He's already being made to look like the bad guy, and his name & reputation will continue being dragged thru the mud. Plus if he expects PT from Dallas after this mess, he's horribly mistaken.

He needs to fire that agent of his, that guy led Devean down a real shithole.
Yea, if he was smart, he would.

bostonguy
02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
After the summer my celts had, I totally understand why the Mavs are doing this and while it is a risk, it is a damn good one. If you have been trying to win with a young team for years and the same results of losing repeated over and over, something has to give. You have to take chances to win in this league especially with teams up and coming like the Lakers/Blazers/Jazz. Even if it shortens the teams window, if it gives you the best chance to win a championship after trying the other routes, you have to go for it. Kidd doesnt have to be a scorer for the Mavs. Howard,Dirk,Jet etc can handle the scoring load. He needs to be the distributor and run the o. I feel the player who really will benefit from Kidd is Dirk. Kidd brings intangables that Devin Harris lacked (granted he is young and has lots of time to work on that). He makes his teamates better and his impact results in them playing at an even higher level. Look at kenyon Martin for crying out loud. To say this trade doesnt help Dallas in any way is just stupid.

Marklar MM
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
=D This happened to the Pistons not to long ago. The Pistons got Iverson, and some no name scrub had a no trade clause and voided the whole deal.

Shank
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
David Lord has a great idea of adding Hassell into the mix, instead of George (heretofore to be known as "Dick Breath"), while keeping Diop and re-arranging some of the numbers with Stackhouse.

The Mavs get to keep Diop, get Stack back after 30 days and tell Dick Breath to go get his fucking shinebox and shut the fuck up at the end of the bench for the rest of the season. Don't like it, Dick Breath? Too bad. You get to watch Fazekas take your fucking minutes. Bird Rights that, motherfucker.

Findog
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
David Lord has a great idea of adding Hassell into the mix, instead of George (heretofore to be known as "Dick Breath"), while keeping Diop and re-arranging some of the numbers with Stackhouse.

The Mavs get to keep Diop, get Stack back after 30 days and tell Dick Breath to go get his fucking shinebox and shut the fuck up at the end of the bench for the rest of the season. Don't like it, Dick Breath? Too bad. You get to watch Fazekas take your fucking minutes. Bird Rights that, motherfucker.

If it ends up happening that way, I'd be ecstatic. But the Nets wanted George's expiring deal, Hassell has like two years left after this season.

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
=D This happened to the Pistons not to long ago. The Pistons got Iverson, and some no name scrub had a no trade clause and voided the whole deal.

I remember that. Some no name big man blocked that deal, correct? Matt Geiger or something like that?

Damn, if the Pistons would have gotten AI, they would also have more than just the one recent ring...

Skip Bayless
02-14-2008, 12:49 PM
DeveN Geoge has a no trade clause?

MadDog73
02-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Who gives Devean George a no trade clause?

Oh, nm.

Flight3107
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
No one gave Devean George a no trade clause, it is built in the CBA for players that sign one year contracts.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Devean George is a key role player on this team as well as Diop. If we can put Hassell in the deal instead, I'd feel much better about this.

Shank
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Know what would be awesome?

If every 5 fucking minutes, some cocksucker would ask the amazing question of "how did Devean George get a no-trade clause???" without taking the 15 seconds to look into it for themselves.

Hey! Ask about the Mavs losing Stackhouse!

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Know what would be awesome?

If every 5 fucking minutes, some cocksucker would ask the amazing question of "how did Devean George get a no-trade clause???" without taking the 15 seconds to look into it for themselves.

Hey! Ask about the Mavs losing Stackhouse!
I've already been informed here on SpursTalk that reading threads makes you a loser.

Marklar MM
02-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I remember that. Some no name big man blocked that deal, correct? Matt Geiger or something like that?

Ya. Geiger

1Parker1
02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
:lmao At those fans who say the Mavs should have asked George before making this deal...even if he didn't have that stipulation no trade clause in his contract.

It's Devean George, he's not important enough to be asked to trade. You think they asked Devin Harris before the trade; Hey what do you think about us sending you to Jersey, a sub .500 team going nowhere? And he agreed?

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Whether you hate George or not, when he is form, he is very valuable to this mavs team. His defense and rebounding are things that really help. I guess it takes him awhile to get in form from that injury but once he does, Dallas will be very tough to beat again. I'm sick Avery putting Diop in the doghouse. I'd much rather have Diop at Center than Bass. I've lost all confidence with Avery after these last 2 years.

ludda
02-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Just saw his interview of TNT, looks like he's not changing his mind. Likes his situation in Dallas

George is really trying to make a case for himself as Most Hated Douche of the Year in Dallas isn't he? Heard he was heckled by fans last night too, haha.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Just saw his interview of TNT, looks like he's not changing his mind. Likes his situation in Dallas

He's not going to like it for much longer, because he'll be unwanted by the owner, teammates and fans. The Mavs are the only team able to give him a nice raise utilizing his Bird rights. Whether he goes to New Jersey or stays in Dallas, Mark Cuban isn't going to give him a raise. How has he not figured out that he's protecting hypothetical money he'll never see?

lurker
02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
There was also a bunch of anti-Kidd signs at the game last night, but they didn't bother to mention that. :lol

ludda
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
In general the sports media and in Dallas from what I heard are all bashing the guy. This shit is hilarious, definitely didnt see this coming.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
In general the sports media and in Dallas from what I heard are all bashing the guy. This shit is hilarious, definitely didnt see this coming.

I understand protecting your interests and sitting down with your agent to discuss what's best, but how have they not figured out that his best play is to go to Jersey? If he blocks the trade, he goes on IR and is told to stay away from the team, and won't be able to "showcase" himself for free agency.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
In any event, I think both the Nets and Mavs have crossed the point of no return. It's in the best interests of both teams to make it work now. I'd be surprised if this doesn't get done somehow.

VaSpursFan
02-14-2008, 08:36 PM
george has to have the dumbest agent in all of sports. why would you piss off an owner that wants to trade your client, block the trade, expect to have a happy time in dallas...and somehow thinking that you could negotiate a new contract for your client with no repercussions???

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
And I can also understand having to go from a contender to Jersey, but tough titties. He's making $2 million a year and he already has 3 rings. I'm sure $2 million buys an awful lot of kleenex, or vagasil.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Devean George likes our team

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
What's even more stupid is that Devean George is starting tonight. This guy is fucking your entire franchise over and you're going to reward him with playing time? I don't give a fuck if Nick Fazekas plays 35 minutes tonight, you send Devean George a message and BURY HIS ASS AT THE END OF THE FUCKING BENCH.

If Devean George plays one minute tonight, he wins. If he starts the game, then something bigger and far more frightening is going on besides George & his agent being douches. That means either the front office & Avery are a bunch of fucking pussy bitches who will let a spare like Devean George walk all over them, or they actually want this trade blocked.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:43 PM
What's even more stupid is that Devean George is starting tonight. This guy is fucking your entire franchise over and you're going to reward him with playing time? I don't give a fuck if Nick Fazekas plays 35 minutes tonight, you send Devean George a message and BURY HIS ASS AT THE END OF THE FUCKING BENCH.

I don't get it either.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/021508dnspomavslede.284e63.html

What a bunch of douches:

"Without those tools, a free agent is left naked," Bartelstein said. "He has no choice. The only option is a mid-level exception, and a lot of teams are choosing not to use the mid-level to avoid the luxury tax."

What the fuck is he talking about? Only Mark Cuban can give Devean George a raise or sign him without using the MLE, and that ain't happening no matter what happens from here on out. How is this guy an agent representing an actual NBA player?

lurker
02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Avery obviously isn't taking Devean's decision as personally as you are. :lol

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Avery obviously isn't taking Devean's decision as personally as you are.
I guess Avery enjoys looking like a bitch who just got punked by a low-level employee.

ludda
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
I heard Cuban might be willing to use KVH instead. If so, then no use in burning George at the stake and creating problems there.

Devean George is a funny guy though, perhaps the highlight of his career will be blocking this trade.

Findog
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Avery obviously isn't taking Devean's decision as personally as you are. :lol

I wouldn't take it personally if it made sense. It's a business as much for the players as it is the owners, and you can't fault a guy for refusing to leave money on the table and go to a shit team. But that's not the case here, there is no money he is waving goodbye to.

Flight3107
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Who the fuck brainwased this retard to think that he is actually going to get that big of a raise next year?

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I heard Cuban might be willing to use KVH instead. If so, then no use in burning George at the stake and creating problems there.
That can be used elsewhere, namely getting Mike Miller.

George begged for a trade 2 weeks ago and now he's been accomodated. And this is how he thanks us? Fuck that guy.

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Devean George is a funny guy though, perhaps the highlight of his career will be blocking this trade.

IF hes gonna use KVH then why trade Diop and Stack...just sign KVH to the max (guessing 12-15 mil)...trade him Devin, Ager and picks. :elephant

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
IF hes gonna use KVH then why trade Diop and Stack...just sign KVH to the max (guessing 12-15 mil)...trade him Devin, Ager and picks. :elephant

That involves way more luxury tax.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I've got a little fund started for the next home game after the trade deadline. If the dealine passes, this trade does or doesn't go through, and Devean George is still on this team, I'm wasting a shit-ton of money for tickets right behind the Mavs bench at the next home game. And I'm going to scream vile obscenities at Devean George ALL NIGHT LONG.

I'm dead serious about this. I fully expect to be thrown out at some point. And it will be awesome.

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I've got a little fund started for the next home game after the trade deadline. If the dealine passes, this trade does or doesn't go through, and Devean George is still on this team, I'm wasting a shit-ton of money for tickets right behind the Mavs bench at the next home game. And I'm going to scream vile obscenities at Devean George ALL NIGHT LONG.

I'm dead serious about this. I fully expect to be thrown out at some point. And it will be awesome.

Calm down partner...George just doing what he suppose to so....eventually he will just shoot some shots...help the Mavs beat teams they suppose to beat :elephant

Amarelooms
That involves way more luxury tax.

And I care if Cuban pays more why? :elephant

Findog
I've got a fund going. If the dealine passes, this trade does or doesn't go through, and Devean George is still on this team, I'm wasting a shit-ton of money for tickets right behind the Mavs bench at the next home game. And I'm going to scream vile obscenities at Devean George ALL NIGHT LONG.

Save your money and get nosebleeds. And then sneak down to the lowerbowl at halftime. I was 10 rows behind the bench in the second half for the game against the Bucks. The tickets were free too since one of my friends had to stay home and take care of his sick wife. The tickets you're talking about are at least $150 a seat.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
The problem is that Cuban cares now. He's becoming a regular Tom Hicks these days.

Findog

Because you have a basic understanding of the luxury tax, by some miracle?

monosylab1k
Save your money and get nosebleeds. And then sneak down to the lowerbowl at halftime. I was 10 rows behind the bench in the second half for the game against the Bucks. The tickets were free too since one of my friends had to stay home and take care of his sick wife. The tickets you're talking about are at least $150 a seat.
nice :tu

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
The problem is that Cuban cares now. He's becoming a regular Tom Hicks these days.

I'm sorry, but taking on Jason Kidd's contract and getting rid of two expiring contracts (George hopefully and Diop) means you can't say that Cuban is a pennypincher.

I can only dream that Hicks sells the Rangers to Cuban.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry, but taking on Jason Kidd's contract and getting rid of two expiring contracts (George hopefully and Diop) means you can't say that Cuban is a pennypincher.
I was only kidding about that. Mavs have the highest payroll in the NBA. But he's definitely alot more conscious of how he's spending his money than before.

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
nice :tu

Dress nice like you belong, and head down the escalator with about a minute left in the first half. When halftime arrives, the ushers won't see you in the crosstraffic. Section 117 and 118 I believe are right behind our bench. Be sure to scope out the empty rows for the fucks not using their tickets.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2248383016_da9b74e384_b.jpg

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I was only kidding about that. Mavs have the highest payroll in the NBA. But he's definitely alot more conscious of how he's spending his money than before.

And I think he's been a lot smarter. No more, "Hey let's give the Raefist $60 million!"

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
DLord breaking down some numbers at dallasbasketball.com:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=272

NOW TO THE MONEY.

You heard it here first. ...

How much would the deal-as-rumored for Kidd cost Cuban's checkbook? Not nearly as much as has been speculated. After considering the fact that the payor of Stackhouse's paycheck would essentially shift from Dallas to NJ if the trade happened, the rough net cost to Cuban (ignoring a few minor details like the cost to resign Stack to a minimum salary deal, and so on) is only $6M. That's $1M extra in payroll and $5M extra in tax. The details will move that a bit, but suffice it to say they won't be within a mile of a big $100M hit to Cuban's checkbook to get Kidd, if it happens.

So the “Cap Hell’’ that DB.com had guessed at so many times, that other outlets are still focused on? No hell. No worries. Not according to our calculators

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM

I would love to see you get kicked out. lol You :idiot Fans like you make me sick.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Devean George likes our team
bingo. He also likes winning.

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
bingo. He also likes winning.

Seriously, you're slobbing the wrong Devin.

Also, it was a joke:

http://www.google.com/search?q=dallas+mavericks+we+like+our+team&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Seriously, you're slobbing the wrong Devin.

Also, it was a joke:

http://www.google.com/search?q=dallas+mavericks+we+like+our+team&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Yes I am against the trade and if Devean George does accept the trade, Harris and Diop will be gone along with our championship hopes. George wants to STAY in Dallas. He never wanted to leave Dallas.

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes I am against the trade and if Devean George does accept the trade, Harris and Diop will be gone along with our championship hopes. George wants to STAY in Dallas. He never wanted to leave Dallas.

Mavs are not winning a championship because of Devin Harris or Diop...both are mediocre at best....Devin has good potential but how long can the Mavs wait? Diop is the worst offensive player in the league..when he's in its 4-5 on offense :elephant

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Mavs are not winning a championship because of Devin Harris or Diop...both are mediocre at best....Devin has good potential but how long can the Mavs wait? Diop is the worst offensive player in the league..when he's in its 4-5 on offense :elephant
Did you watch the Spurs/Mavs series 2 years ago? If so how do you act like they are no help? Bass can't guard Duncan and Kidd can't guard a speedy Parker. Kidd can't guard a speedy Nash either as well as Bass can't guard Shaq.

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Did you watch the Spurs/Mavs series 2 years ago? If so how do you act like they are no help? Bass can't guard Duncan and Kidd can't guard a speedy Parker. Kidd can't guard a speedy Nash either as well as Bass can't guard Shaq.

Yes one flaw in your logic...are the Mavs gonna play the Spurs in every round of the playoffs? If so then dont trade. Mavs gotta try and get past the 1st round.... gonna be 6 other teams in the West playoffs as well. Also Devin doesnt really shut down Parker or Nash...pretty sure Nash tears Devin up as well :elephant

Findog
02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
If there's one good aspect to the trade, it's that Kidd is a frontrunner like Shaq and will probably start giving 100% once he's wearing the blue and green.

stretch
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
At the same time, no one on those teams can guard Dirk, Howard, or Terry (or Kidd for that matter). Those three guys always eat the Suns and Spurs alive. Bowen is clearly starting to show his age, and over the past couple years, Dirk has figured out how to play him, and for some reason he has never seemed to defend Howard all that well. The Suns are freakin idiots that traded away their only true good defender in Shawn Marion, which was the only guy who had any chance at giving Dirk or Howard fits. Bell is way too small for those guys, and IMO, is an overrated defender, and relies on dirty tactics more than anything and is far dirtier than Bowen has ever been, because he actually tries to hurt players and takes cheap shots out of malice. I've almost never seen Bowen lose his cool on the court and puposely go out to try to hurt someone. Bowen has dirty tactics, but has never seemed to have an intent to hurt someone, unlike Bell.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes one flaw in your logic...are the Mavs gonna play the Spurs in every round of the playoffs? If so then dont trade. Mavs gotta try and get past the 1st round.... gonna be 6 other teams in the West playoffs as well. Also Devin doesnt really shut down Parker or Nash...pretty sure Nash tears Devin up as well :elephant
You're right. It wouldn't be so bad if Diop wasn't a part of the deal. The West is full of good big men. Boozer, Yao, Shaq, Amare, Duncan, and Gasol. Bass is not a good defender. Especially at center.

exstatic
02-16-2008, 01:01 AM
At the same time, no one on those teams can guard Dirk, Howard, or Terry (or Kidd for that matter). Those three guys always eat the Suns and Spurs alive. Bowen is clearly starting to show his age, and over the past couple years, Dirk has figured out how to play him, and for some reason he has never seemed to defend Howard all that well. The Suns are freakin idiots that traded away their only true good defender in Shawn Marion, which was the only guy who had any chance at giving Dirk or Howard fits. Bell is way too small for those guys, and IMO, is an overrated defender, and relies on dirty tactics more than anything and is far dirtier than Bowen has ever been, because he actually tries to hurt players and takes cheap shots out of malice. I've almost never seen Bowen lose his cool on the court and puposely go out to try to hurt someone. Bowen has dirty tactics, but has never seemed to have an intent to hurt someone, unlike Bell.
Oh, of course. The Spurs can't defend Dirk or Howard at all, and that 2006 series didn't go to an overtime of a 7th game.

Here's a name you're going to grow to hate, stretch: Ime Udoka. He's a premium defender, a damn good 3 point shooter, handles the ball better than Bowen, and grabs as many rebounds in 15 mins as Bowen does in 30+. It's not so much that Bowen couldn't guard Dirk in 2006, it's that even if he forced a miss, Dallas got the board, and Bowen also couldn't guard Dirk AND JHo. Got both of those covered now.