PDA

View Full Version : Devean George Cancels the Kidd Trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Mavs forward George blocks trade of Kidd to Mavs
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Updated: February 13, 2008, 8:57 PM ET

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

The deal -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- has Dallas sending 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Sources say Dallas would also send the Nets the league-maximum $3 million, the Mavs' first-round draft pick this June and a first-rounder in 2010.

Kidd was with the Nets in Toronto, but didn't talk to the media before the game. He and Allen were both inactive, along with reserve Antoine Wright.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that the Nets and the Mavs were likewise poised to complete a separate trade that will send swingman Wright to Dallas for a future second-round pick.

Before Dallas' game against Portland on Wednesday night, Mavs coach Avery Johnson wasn't ready to call the trade complete.

"What trade?" he asked reporters, then added, "all it is is speculation."

Dallas had widely been considered the favorite to win the Kidd trade sweepstakes, despite the repeated attempts of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to publicly dismiss the idea of parting with multiple regulars for Kidd. Cuban told several New York-based reporters before New Jersey beat Dallas on Sunday that a deal for All-Star floor leader would severely weaken his roster.

"For us to make the numbers work in a deal like that, we'd have to trade away half the team," Cuban said. "We're not doing that, so it just doesn't work. And we like our team. We've got a lot of room for improvement and we hope to get better. But right now, I just don't see anything happening.

Yet sources close to the process insist that the talks had heated up within the past 24 hours, with the Mavs still tantalized by the prospect of bringing Kidd back more than a decade after the pre-Cuban regime drafted him out of Cal, watched him share rookie of the year honors with Grant Hill in 1994-95 and then traded him to Phoenix on the day after Christmas in 1996.

Stackhouse's agent told him he was on the move.

"Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press earlier Wednesday.

The Nets were expected to buy out Stackhouse's contract immediately, which would have enabled him to re-sign with Dallas if he waits 30 days.

"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," Stackhouse said. "I ain't going nowhere."

That might be more true than he knew.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244818

Mister Sinister
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
And many lulz were had.

Spurminator
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
!

timvp
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

T Park
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

YOU SON OF A BITCH

picnroll
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
They have to get this done or there's some seriously fuqued up chemistry.

Spurminator
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Surely they can find another way to make this work. Surely Devean Fucking George wouldn't be a deal breaker.

mowgli
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
"What a TWIST!"

Seriously, Devin Harris needs to move to the Eastern Conference.

T Park
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Screw you Devean George

Screw you.

m33p0
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Obstructed_View
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Not surprising. Seems kind of shitty to sign a guy promising him a shot at a championship and them trade him to a terrible team that's probably going to drop out of the playoffs after the trade.

Behrooz24
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
C O C K - B L O C K E D :madrun :bang

Budkin
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
And George sticks the dagger in the Spurs yet again!

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
If I were him I wouldn't open any packages with a NJ postmark.

jag
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Damn...ESPN is still reporting the trade...

lonestr
02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
C O C K - B L O C K E D :madrun :bang

:lol :lol :lol

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
/.,,!!!!!!

bdictjames
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh man..

Das Texan
02-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Devean George fucked us again.

Damnit to hell.

maxpower
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I was looking for the fresh prince finish.

T Park
02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I gotta drop the moratorium on cussing.

Fuck you Devean. Fuck you.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
This is quite possibly the gayest trade related news report of the millennium.

debo
02-13-2008, 09:37 PM
is the trade still alive?

SenorSpur
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
This shit is damn funny!

This could only happen to the Mavs.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
that sux. so if the mavs do execute their 5% chance of winning it all, do they have george to thank? F you DG

Vinny Del Negro
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
this is one huge clusterfuck.....some people are gonna be pretty pissed at devean. hopefully this will cause some chemistry problems.

Mr. Body
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Who the fuck gives Devean George a no-trade clause?

SA Pride
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Wtf!!!!???

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I was wondering why George was giving up a year towardsbird rights. Then again does it really matter? This feels like the mavs had 2nd thoughts

clubalien
"What a TWIST!"

Seriously, Devin Harris needs to move to the Eastern Conference.
I thought no trade clauses were one of the things that werent allowed anymre and that only old contracts had them.

Sure trade kickers but i coudl have sworn they weren't make any more no trade clauses anymore.

tav1
Fuck Devean George!

spursfan09
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Mavs choke during trades to?

SA Gunslinger
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM

:lol That's what I was thinking.

romsho
02-13-2008, 09:48 PM
If this trade doesn't happen, I'm sure it will work out well for George in Dallas. No way the fans or the organization holds it against him. MFFL- he lives it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
The only way George doesn't the get fuck beat out of him on this is if Dallas had second thoughts and found an out.

Either way, fuck Devean George. Pissant little fuck.

clubalien
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
When can't a player be traded? Can players be given "no-trade" clauses in their contracts?

A "no-trade" clause can be negotiated into an individual contract if the player has been in the NBA for at least eight seasons, and has played for the team with which he is signing for at least four seasons. They don't have to be the immediately prior four seasons -- for example, Horace Grant got a no-trade clause from Orlando when he signed with them in 2001. He had played for Orlando for four seasons, but had played for Seattle and Los Angeles in the interim. Very few players actually have one of these no-trade provisions. Otherwise, individually negotiated contracts may not contain no-trade clauses. The no-trade clause prevents the team from making a trade involving the player without the player's consent.

Looks like i was wrong the rule is tey have to be an old player... not an old contract

timvp
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
The Mavs can still find a way around this. Namely shipping KVH as part of the deal.

But yeah ...................... Devean George was always a Spur Killer. And it continues.

Southwest Texas Fan
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Couldn’t they just waive him?

LaMarcus Bryant
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Mavs still have KVH, w - t - f ? ? ?

missmyzte
02-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Gump strikes again! (Gump was the nickname Lakers fans gave Devean when he was in LA)

jag

The same person who cried when Dirk got the MVP.

Mr. Body
Who the fuck tries to trade Devean George without realizing he was given a no-trade clause he might try to invoke?

Joe Schmoogins
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
he never officially filed retirement papers, so he could still be signed to a decent contract and "shipped" to nj, ala aaron mckie

missmyzte
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Mavs still have KVH, w - t - f ? ? ?They have KVH's rights but he's not on the roster. They'd have to do like the Lakers did for Aaron McKie

VaSpursFan
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
devean george sucks donkey balls

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't know whether to laugh at George exercising his VETO power in this blockbuster trade

or cry because of the Kidd trade's influence on the Spurs matchup problems

C'mon, D. George gotta be like that?

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 10:04 PM

George wasn't given a no-trade clause directly, but rather by the current CBA. If he agrees to the trade then he will lose two years towards Bird Rights. Hey, it's real money. Can't blame him for that.

urunobili
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
if they don;t make it happen... SERIOUS chemistry issues i foresee on that squad

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd also like to point out that Bubba Gump was asking to be traded less than a week ago because he wasn't getting any run and wanted to be able to prove his worth for his next contract.

WTF?

picnroll
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
George wasn't given a no-trade clause directly, but rather by the current CBA. If he agrees to the trade then he will lose two years towards Bird Rights. Hey, it's real money. Can't blame him for that.
Bird's rights implies someone will sign him to a lucrative contract. If that's what he's protecting he should be dealt to an asylum.

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Bird's rights implies someone will sign him to a lucrative contract. If that's what he's protecting he should be dealt to an asylum.

Not necessarily lucrative (in NBA terms), but something other than the vet min. I guess you'd leave a mil or two on the table.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I'd also like to point out that Bubba Gump was asking to be traded less than a week ago because he wasn't getting any run and wanted to be able to prove his worth for his next contract.

WTF?
Avery's just fucking with us. C.I.A.J.!

Aggie Hoopsfan
agreed pnr. I have never seen anyone with such an inflated sense of self importance. He used to be outraged about any foul called on him on the Fakers back in the day, last week he was demanding a trade to prove his worth for his next contract (:lol), and now this today.

Fuck that little bitch.

Amuseddaysleeper
so what % do we still have of this trade happening?

lurker
02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
if they don;t make it happen... SERIOUS chemistry issues i foresee on that squad
That could be a problem, but Devin said he realizes it's part of the business.

We also don't know how most of the team felt about the trade. Stackhouse is the only one who spoke about it, and well, he's a dumbass.

SouthernFried
02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Stackhouse comes right back to Dallas after the trade.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I can handle stackhouse, it's harris who kills us, and diop does decent on TD

Warlord23
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
The Mavs have had second thoughts; George is just a cover-up. Devean George doesn't have the motive or the brains to block any trade, especially a week after he expressed a desire to get moved. Someone in the Mavs FO snapped out of their trance and figured out that not only would this not pay off for the Mavs this year, it'd basically put them out of the West's top 5 for the next 3-4 years when Kidd starts to break down.

If Harris continues to improve and they spend their money wisely, they can be a top 3 team in the west for the next 5 years. With Kidd it's a one-and-done deal, and even then there is no guarantee the Mavs make it outta the West or past the Celtics/Pistons.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
How the FUCK does Devean George get the right to block a major trade put into his contract??? Some bullshit mediocre player is messing up the works and preventing the Mavs from further fucking up their team. This sucks. Watch now the Mavs will get Kidd for a lot less. :pctoss

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
The Mavs are fucking around with the league. Devin Harris is going to blow up with us now that Stack played those mindgames. Dirk will be fired up as will this entire team. The rest of the league is fucked. A pissed off and motivated Mavs team is coming soon to an NBA Arena near you!! Spurs fans are scared shitless. LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
The rest of the league is fucked. A pissed off and motivated Mavs team is coming soon to an NBA Arena near you!! Spurs fans are scared shitless. LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

So when did the Mavs start getting pissed off last year, was it on the plane ride home from GS???? :p:

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd just like to point out that George started tonight. He's also 0-10. :lol

lurker
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Devean can suck all he wants. I don't care as long as this trade doesn't happen. :lol

Budkin
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
The Mavs are fucking around with the league. Devin Harris is going to blow up with us now that Stack played those mindgames. Dirk will be fired up as will this entire team. The rest of the league is fucked. A pissed off and motivated Mavs team is coming soon to an NBA Arena near you!! Spurs fans are scared shitless. LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

Dirk you always crack me up! As delusional as ever! :clap

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I am so glad we didnt land Kidd. I think Cuban pulled a Phil Jackson on all of us with these mindgames as did Stackhouse. Gotta love these guys. The Mentality of champions like they will be in June 2008. This is seriously going to pull this team together including Harris!

SenorSpur
This is the second time these teams have attempted "join hands at the altar". The horse is out of the barn, so to speak. No way this deal doesn't get consummated.

himat
The Mavs have had second thoughts; George is just a cover-up. Devean George doesn't have the motive or the brains to block any trade, especially a week after he expressed a desire to get moved. Someone in the Mavs FO snapped out of their trance and figured out that not only would this not pay off for the Mavs this year, it'd basically put them out of the West's top 5 for the next 3-4 years when Kidd starts to break down.

If Harris continues to improve and they spend their money wisely, they can be a top 3 team in the west for the next 5 years. With Kidd it's a one-and-done deal, and even then there is no guarantee the Mavs make it outta the West or past the Celtics/Pistons.

That could be right. You are a smart guy.
:toast

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
This is the second time these teams have attempted "join hands at the altar". The horse is out of the barn, so to speak. No way this deal doesn't get consummated.

This deal wont happen. Mindgames is all it was. They did it to light a fire under Harris and it worked!

himat
02-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I am so glad we didnt land Kidd. I think Cuban pulled a Phil Jackson on all of us with these mindgames as did Stackhouse. Gotta love these guys. The Mentality of champions like they will be in June 2008. This is seriously going to pull this team together including Harris!

:lol There is a slight chance that the Mavs realized they made a bad deal, so they used George as a cover up, but faking a trade to "bring the team together"?? :lol :lol

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
The Mavs have had second thoughts; George is just a cover-up.

That's my initial reaction.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
:lol There is a slight chance that the Mavs realized they made a bad deal, so they used George as a cover up, but faking a trade to "bring the team together"?? :lol :lol

Yes. This is a blessing in disguise. This team isnt going to break. In fact I see them overcoming adversity. I can see the signs himat. :clap :clap :clap :clap LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! MY GOD I AM SO FUCKING FIRED UP MORE THAN EVER THIS SEASON! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Well the Nets sure weren't faking trying to get Kidd the hell out of there. They are awful this year and desperate for anyone to take on what is left of his contract and give them back some good chips.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Is it possible this is a precursor to another deal? This seemed to come out of the blue. After they pulled the trigger on the deal maybe they heard a better deal from another team. It just seems odd to me that they'd go through the trouble to put this all together and get seconds thoughts at the last second.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
agreed pnr. I have never seen anyone with such an inflated sense of self importance. He used to be outraged about any foul called on him on the Fakers back in the day, last week he was demanding a trade to prove his worth for his next contract (:lol), and now this today.

Fuck that little bitch.

When he shot >50% from the field and >40% from 3 point land during the first two thirds of the Fabulous Four laker season, I KNEW this motherfucker was going to have a big head the rest of his career.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Yes. This is a blessing in disguise. This team isnt going to break. In fact I see them overcoming adversity. I can see the signs himat. :clap :clap :clap :clap LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! MY GOD I AM SO FUCKING FIRED UP MORE THAN EVER THIS SEASON! :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Wouldn't this have the reverse effect and have people pouting and bitching that the team wanted them gone, which will hurt chemistry.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Plus I dont want to deal Devana banana face George. He is a clutch role player and a proven veteran/champion under pressure. He is Robert Horry Light.

LaMarcus Bryant

ROFL
oo000ooo00oo call the national guard, that post is sooo scawwieee
Dirk fired up makes me and other spurs fans wet our pants. Please, leave us alone and dont subject us to such horrible nightmarish thoughts.

himat
I think he's serious :lol

You do realize that Devin Harris has done poorly this season not because of his play, but because of injury right? I don't think he can get "fired up" and miraculously heal up the next day.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
This deal wont happen. Mindgames is all it was. They did it to light a fire under Harris and it worked!

Yeah, it lit such a fire he's not playing again tonight.

clubalien
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Is it possible this is a precursor to another deal? This seemed to come out of the blue. After they pulled the trigger on the deal maybe they heard a better deal from another team. It just seems odd to me that they'd go through the trouble to put this all together and get seconds thoughts at the last second.i sure hope the trade isn't
tim duncan for draft picks and salary dumps?

SenorSpur
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
If the Mavs don't make this trade, they will not exorcise the ghosts that have haunted them the past two seasons. You MAvs fans can fawn all you want, but good luck with team chemistry.

Dirk Nowitzki
Wouldn't this have the reverse effect and have people pouting and bitching that the team wanted them gone, which will hurt chemistry.

Chemistry wont have any negative effect. Cuban, Avery, and Dirk are going to keep this team together. These were mind games plain and simple. They took a page out of Phil Jacksons book and I fucking love it!! :clap :clap :clap Fucking geniuses

SenorSpur

Nor was Jason Kidd playing tonight either.

Stahlkugeln
02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Ja wohl!

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM

Harris has been hurt Aggers. No worries man, he will be back within the next week/weeks better than ever. :clap :clap :clap

pad300

Clearly, they need SA to help this go through :
:smokin

Sa Out - Brent Barry (On the same plan as Stackhouse) + Cash (To pay for buying out Barry)

SA In - Diop, Trenton Hassell

SA takes on Trenton Hassell's contract and Gets Diop. SA then waives Hassell

DAL Out - Ager, Diop, Hassell, Harris, Stackhouse + CASH (to pay for buying out Stackhouse)

DAL In - Kidd

NJ Out - Kidd

NJ In - Stackhouse, Harris, Ager, Barry

Stackhouse and Barry get bought out and go home to DAL and SA respectively.

dbreiden83080
Can someone FUCKING explain to me how a player putting up less than 4 PTS a game playing only 13 min, with a 5.9 career scoring AVG, gets the right to VETO a trade put in their contract.

This guy should be playing for free beers after the game he is so worthless. :madrun

Stahlkugeln
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Ich wünsche Dirk Nowitzki in meinem Arsch!

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Mavs front office mindfucked the entire league including the spurs fans!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :oops :oops

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Harris has been hurt Aggers. No worries man, he will be back within the next week/weeks better than ever. :clap :clap :clap

You just said this lit a fire under Devin. You sound pretty fucking dumb saying this has lit a fire under Devin when you haven't even seen him play since the story came out.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
There must be some way to go around George if they really want it to happen...

Amuseddaysleeper
because george is in his second year on his second contract with the SAME team he earned a no trade clause

I really hope they still find a way to make this trade happen

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Can someone FUCKING explain to me how a player putting up less than 4 PTS a game playing only 13 min, with a 5.9 career scoring AVG, gets the right to VETO a trade put in their contract.

This guy should be playing for free beers after the game he is so worthless. :madrun

The most recent CBA puts the clause in the contract of any players with multi-year contracts who have been in the league more than 8 years.

Stahlkugeln
02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Mavs front office mindfucked the entire league including the spurs fans!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :oops :oops

Du machst mich ganz wild!

SenorSpur
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
This story makes no sense simply because George was practically demanding that the Mavs either "play him or trade him" last week.

If they don't get Kidd, good luck shooting jump shots all through the playoffs.

clubalien
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM

you can bet malik rose is wishing he had one of those !

Amuseddaysleeper
02-13-2008, 10:52 PM
This story makes no sense simply because George was practically demanding that the Mavs either "play him or trade him" last week.

If they don't get Kidd, good luck shooting jump shots all through the playoffs.

well, does harris attack the rim pretty for them?

I was really hoping this trade would go down

dbreiden83080
02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Usually a player wants no part of a team that wants no part of them. I guess George doesn't give a shit.

fyatuk
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
The most recent CBA puts the clause in the contract of any players with multi-year contracts who have been in the league more than 8 years.

From what's available, it's a No-Trade can be negotiated into a contract if a player has been in the league for 8 years and has played for the team in at least 4 previous seasons.

Aka, the mavs actually agreed to give George a no-trade clause.

Or its under this:

Without the player's consent when the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, the team loses its Larry Bird/Early Bird rights, and the player is considered a Non-Bird free agent. Note: when there is an option year involved, they can get around this regulation by invoking the option prior to the trade.

bigfan
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Cant even do a trade right. What a bunch of idiots.

dg7md
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
:lmao at people who think this was a master plan the whole time.

50 cent
02-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Just switch Devean for Eddie Jones and a scrub like Fazekas or Barrea and it still works.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM
You just said this lit a fire under Devin. You sound pretty fucking dumb saying this has lit a fire under Devin when you haven't even seen him play since the story came out.

When he comes back you will see. Dont let the DFW atmosphere get to your head. You might want to keep up with the Mavs if you are going to say "Harris wasnt even playing tonight" when in reality the guy has been injured. Thanks for playing. :)

T Park
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
You might want to keep up with the Mavs if you are going to say "Harris wasnt even playing tonight" when in reality the guy has been injured

He was hurt, so he didn't play.

Thats correct.

God go away and die.

fyatuk
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
You might want to keep up with the Mavs if you are going to say "Harris wasnt even playing tonight" when in reality the guy has been injured. Thanks for playing. :)

That makes no freaking sense. He didn't play because he was injured, so saying he "wasn't even playing" is perfectly accurate.

SouthernFried
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Christ, the Dallas organization looks desperate...AND stupid.

Life just keeps getting better.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
He was hurt, so he didn't play.

Thats correct.

God go away and die.

And I told him this was going to light a fire under Harris once he returns. Now get off your cock sucking knees and go eat some krispe kreme donuts.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
When he comes back you will see. Dont let the DFW atmosphere get to your head. You might want to keep up with the Mavs if you are going to say "Harris wasnt even playing tonight" when in reality the guy has been injured. Thanks for playing. :)

I know the guy has been hurt, the Mavs are full of prima donna pussies. When a person says "that really lit a fire under him", it implies said person has seen him play since the incident in question.

But you haven't because he hasn't. Thanks for playing.

T Park
02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
And I told him this was going to light a fire under Harris once he returns. Now get off your cock sucking knees and go eat some krispe kreme donuts.

:rolleyes

Your pocket protector is showing Dexter.

fyatuk
02-13-2008, 11:05 PM
And I told him this was going to light a fire under Harris once he returns.

They did it to light a fire under Harris and it worked!

Learn tenses. You used past tense and are now claiming future tense.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
:rolleyes

Your pocket protector is showing Dexter.

Wow I guess you will eat anything these days. Having to use an object in a cartoon reference must mean you have a growling stomach.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM

Just give up, Dirk is the resident idiot Dallas fan. I'd call him a troll but he's never smart enough to be a good one.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM

Thanks for the lesson Ms Salinas.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Just give up, Dirk is the resident idiot Dallas fan. I'd call him a troll but he's never smart enough to be a good one.

I am actually not a troll. I have contributed to this board other than "trolling". Of course you are a prick who will stereotype so that isnt surprising.

anakha
02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
:lol at Dirk's defensive backpedaling on the Harris-fire thing.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:12 PM
:lol at Dirk's defensive backpedaling on the Harris-fire thing.

Actually it was a bad sarcastic joke that went horribly bad. I guess I havent been around in quite some time that people forget how I spew bs like that to fuck around.

ploto
02-13-2008, 11:12 PM
I feel bad for the Nets. They played tongiht with only 9 players because of the impending trade. To see Boki with tears in his eyes as he talked about how much he would miss Kidd and that Kidd is the best basketball player he has ever played with. Now what happens?

anakha
02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Actually it was a bad sarcastic joke that went horribly bad. I guess I havent been around in quite some time that people forget how I spew bs like that to fuck around.

Maybe people would have picked up on it if you had inserted a couple more pink dancing elephants in the post. :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Maybe people would have picked up on it if you had inserted a couple more pink dancing elephants in the post. :lol

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss Damn maybe adding in emotions needs to stay in my posts. :clap :clap :clap Better!

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I am actually not a troll. I have contributed to this board other than "trolling". Of course you are a prick who will stereotype so that isnt surprising.

Yeah, after your posting history here you have the high ground to call anyone a prick.

fyatuk
02-13-2008, 11:25 PM

If I thought you were serious about it I wouldn't have bothered responding :smokin

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, after your posting history here you have the high ground to call anyone a prick.

Nah you dont know anything about my recent posts over the last 5-7 months here. Hell most of it is pure sarcasm. If you did, you wouldn't spew that bs around. I know I am human but you are as well. BTW since you live in Plano, if you ever have to deal with Mavs fans that cant contribute anything to a basketball discussion or just shit talk in a serious manner, I am sorry for that. I deal with those all over the DFW area and it pisses me off especially the ones who say "Dirk is so cute". I am an optimistic fan who can get emotional (to an extent) about my team but I also am fucking around when I brag about southwest division banners. If you or any other spurs fan think I am some troll who is being serious, I am not. Just wanted to clear that up. :)

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
If I thought you were serious about it I wouldn't have bothered responding :smokin

:madrun :madrun :madrun Damn I was mindfucked! :lol

m33p0
02-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I feel bad for the Nets. They played tongiht with only 9 players because of the impending trade. To see Boki with tears in his eyes as he talked about how much he would miss Kidd and that Kidd is the best basketball player he has ever played with. Now what happens?
its a no-go at the moment coz some superdiva named george doesn't want to change addresses.

crc21209
02-14-2008, 01:45 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/s3k7rk.jpg

:lol

I truly think this guy is a jackass, but i think this deal still gets done somehow or that locker room will be truly fucked up. I think he agrees after all or other players either from Dallas or Jersey are changed in the trade, but as long as Diop and Harris are gone, this is good for us. I can handle Stackhouse staying.

The Truth #6
02-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Surely, they must be able to find a way to make this happen without Devean Fucking George. Why doesn't Dallas sign that retired assistant Coach that the Lakers traded to Memphis and include him in the package.

hsxvvd
02-14-2008, 02:09 AM
If they sign a contract to trade, they'd have to use their MLE that they are hoping to use to re-sign Stackhouse after he is waived.

hsxvvd
02-14-2008, 02:19 AM
If Dallas can find a place Devean is willing to go, and get a piece (expiring contact similar to his) to send to New Jersey, I guess this could still happen.

He's an idiot though, there's no way he'll even get to make use of his 'Bird rights' he'll be lucky to have a team willing to pay him the vet min.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Kill me now if this happens. I can't believe a GM could be this stupid.

spurscenter
02-14-2008, 02:53 AM
DUDE

I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.

Budkin
02-14-2008, 03:27 AM
DUDE

I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.

That is some funny shit! :lmao

Princess Pimp
02-14-2008, 03:30 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

YOU SON OF A BITCH

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Princess Pimp
02-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Devean George helping his former team?

genomefreak13
02-14-2008, 03:41 AM
George will be murdered by two cities...go back to LA, fool!

Streakyshooter08
02-14-2008, 04:07 AM
As I understood the interview George just "blocks" the deal and does not "cancel" it completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBY..._the_bad_guy_1/

It will be interesting, if they try to get another deal to work.

Bruno
02-14-2008, 05:32 AM
I think that the deal will happen today or tomorrow.

George will weight the situation with his agent and eh will accept to be traded.
Mavs will tell him that he won't play a lot with them this year and that they won't re-sign him this summer. If George doesn't want to play in NJ, Nets will tell him that they will waive him just after the trade and he will be able to sign with another team.

Streakyshooter08
02-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey Bruno, whats your take on the trade? To be honest I really thought that this trade would help the Spurs but if Stackhouse comes back it is basically Harris/Diop/ George for Allen/ Kidd and Wright (separat deal). Diop hasn't played that much this year. If the Mavs get a good backup C they really improved.

That said, I think this is really a "win now" trade. If they don't win it this or next year their chances decrease significantly.

It really seems that a lot of teams make "win now" trades at the same time but only one trade will (could) work out...

The Truth #6
02-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah, if Stackhouse returns that does change the perspective. Hopefully though, George also stays and ruins their team chemistry.

WalterBenitez
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Kill me now if this happens. I can't believe a GM could be this stupid.
:clap

Bruno
02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Bruno, whats your take on the trade? To be honest I really thought that this trade would help the Spurs but if Stackhouse comes back it is basically Harris/Diop/ George for Allen/ Kidd and Wright (separat deal). Diop hasn't played that much this year. If the Mavs get a good backup C they really improved.

That said, I think this is really a "win now" trade. If they don't win it this or next year their chances decrease significantly.

It really seems that a lot of teams make "win now" trades at the same time but only one trade will (could) work out...

The trade is basically Harris/Diop for Kidd.
This trade makes Mavs a better team. Kidd is a significant upgrade over Harris and Diop wasn't that needed with Bass.
Kidd will allow Mavs to have more to show on the offensive end that pick and roll or isolation plays.

Against Spurs, I think it makes Mavs worse.
Parker should score more without Harris on him and Diop in the paint.
The loss of Diop will also benefit to Duncan.
Mavs simple offense worked very well against Spurs. I'm not sure that a more team oriented offense with Kidd will be a significant upgrade against Spurs team defense.

And I agree that Mavs and Suns are in win now mode. What is ironical is that theirs fans were saying to Spurs fans how they contending window was longer than Spurs' one.

Budkin
02-19-2008, 02:56 PM

Once again another Dirk Nowitzki declaration/prediction fails! Let's hear it for Dirk! ::clap