PDA

View Full Version : Are you idiots aware...

Chucho
02-13-2008, 10:09 PM
To all the dip-shit Spur hatting nay-saying, ill-informed morons in denial posting all the troll-threads. Are you people aware that while the Spurs are not making nonsensical trades that negotiate the future of the team, that the only three people who will be on the Spurs payroll after next season will be the Undisputed Big Three (ten rings makes them undisputed and it isn't even debatable). That means while these other teams will be, or in Phoenix and Dallas' case, STILL over the cap, the Spurs will have muy chinga deniro to sign players that are, ya know, relevant to a championship cause, and not just because they are scared that ONE team made ONE good trade for a great price and start to panic and bring in a wash up, or a point guard who has never won jack shit, just to keep pace, because the Spurs are the pace setters. Not one team holds a winning record against the Spurs over the past ten years. Not Dallas, nor Phoenix, not the Lakers. No one. Spurs fans act like the Spurs are the best, well because they are. And make no bones about it, the Spurs will continue their DOMINANCE on the entire league for the next five years. Fuck all you trolls who are in denial and have to come in here and talk smack because the Spurs are struggling a little bit for ONE season in ELEVEN years., because our down seasons are great seasons for your team. Put that in your pipe and smoke dickheads.

Brutalis
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Hat´ting (hăt´tĭng)
n. 1. The business of making hats; also, stuff for hats.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/17/20/23432017.jpg

SouthernFried
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
The Internet is a nice safe outlet, keeping people inside who otherwise might be outside.

Holt's Cat
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
F the hatters.

http://wellingtonhatters.co.nz/hatters.gif

remingtonbo2001
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM

:lol

vander
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Hat´ting (hăt´tĭng)
n. 1. The business of making hats; also, stuff for hats.

The Internet is a nice safe outlet, keeping people inside who otherwise might be outside.

i love this place :toast

lonestr
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
To all the dip-shit Spur hatting nay-saying, ill-informed morons in denial posting all the troll-threads. Are you people aware that while the Spurs are not making nonsensical trades that negotiate the future of the team, that the only three people who will be on the Spurs payroll after next season will be the Undisputed Big Three (ten rings makes them undisputed and it isn't even debatable). That means while these other teams will be, or in Phoenix and Dallas' case, STILL over the cap, the Spurs will have muy chinga deniro to sign players that are, ya know, relevant to a championship cause, and not just because they are scared that ONE team made ONE good trade for a great price and start to panic and bring in a wash up, or a point guard who has never won jack shit, just to keep pace, because the Spurs are the pace setters. Not one team holds a winning record against the Spurs over the past ten years. Not Dallas, nor Phoenix, not the Lakers. No one. Spurs fans act like the Spurs are the best, well because they are. And make no bones about it, the Spurs will continue their DOMINANCE on the entire league for the next five years. Fuck all you trolls who are in denial and have to come in here and talk smack because the Spurs are struggling a little bit for ONE season in ELEVEN years., because our down seasons are great seasons for your team. Put that in your pipe and smoke dickheads.

Hellz yeah! That's how I roll. Go T>J!!!

m33p0
02-14-2008, 01:43 AM
I think the term "hatting" in this particular instance is a verb. It is being used to describe the act of putting hats on spurs players and staff, including the front office as well as scouts and assistants.

this is just my opinion.

but in follow up research i found some interesting info on this threads actual origin.

The Hatter is a fictional character initially encountered at a tea party in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. He is popularly referred to as the "Mad Hatter," but is never called by this name in Carroll's book--although the Cheshire Cat warns Alice that he is mad, and the Hatter's eccentric behavior verifies this. Likewise, the chapter in which he first appears, "A Mad Tea-Party", is often erroneously called "The Mad Hatter's Tea Party" but in fact it takes place in the garden of the March Hare. The Hatter makes another appearance in the sequel Through the Looking-Glass as Hatta, one of the White King's messengers.

He has been portrayed on film by Edward Everett Horton, Sir Robert Helpmann, Martin Short, Peter Cook, Anthony Newley, and Ed Wynn, and in a music video by Tom Petty.

The "10/6" on the Hatter's hat means ten shillings and six pence, the price of the hat in pre-decimalisation British money. As the price of the hat would be normally taken off after purchase, this adds credence both to the fact that he is mad, and/or that he is a hatter. The name Mad Hatter was undoubtedly inspired by the phrase "as mad as a hatter". There is some confusion as to whether this originally meant "angry" or "insane" as a hatter, as incidents of both meanings exist in literature,[1] long before Lewis Carroll's book. Evidently one or the other of the meanings resulted from a misinterpretation of the original use, and passed into common usage. There is scientific evidence behind the meaning of insanity, however. Mercury was used in the process of curing felt used in some hats. It was impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the mercury fumes given off during the hat making process. Over time, the residual mercury caused neurological damage, as well as confused speech and distorted vision. As the mercury poisoning progressed to dangerously high levels, sufferers could also experience psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations. Given that anyone exhibiting an altered mental state was dubbed mad at the time, the cause of such malady, and subsequent death of such people doubtless went unexplained for a long time.

The Hatter is generally believed to be based on Theophilus Carter, at one time a servitor at Christ Church, one of the University of Oxford's colleges. He invented an alarm clock bed, exhibited at the Great Exhibition of 1851, that tipped out the sleeper at waking-up time. He later owned a furniture shop, and became known as the Mad Hatter from his habit of standing in the door of his shop wearing a top hat. Sir John Tenniel is reported to have come to Oxford especially to sketch him for his illustrations.

In the chapter "A Mad Tea Party", the Mad Hatter asks a famous riddle: "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter admits he does not have an answer himself. Lewis Carroll originally intended the riddle to be just a riddle without an answer, but after many requests from readers, he and others, including puzzle expert Sam Loyd, thought up possible answers to the riddle. One possible answer is "Poe wrote on both", a reference to Edgar Allan Poe, who wrote The Raven.

The Mad Hatter character appears in a number of other places:

The song "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" written by Bernie Taupin, sung by Elton John on the album Honky Château, and covered by Mandy Moore on her Coverage album.
In the computer game American McGee's Alice, a gothic sequel of the story, the Mad Hatter is warped into a mad scientist obsessed with time. He has turned the March Hare and the Dormouse into steampunk cyborgs, and has plans to turn all the Wonderland inhabitants into his automaton robots. He has also turned himself into a robot, a fact made obvious when Alice defeats him.
The Mad Hatter is a DC Comics supervillain modelled on the Wonderland character, and a foe of Batman.
Belial is a character known as "the Mad Hatter" in the Japanese comic Angel Sanctuary.
In one episode of the animated television series Futurama, "Insane in the Mainframe", a robot in a mental house dresses and acts like the Mad Hatter.
Hatter M is a dark comic book that features what it claims is the real version of the Hatter — a bodyguard and soldier who wields a bladed hat.
Charisma Records, the progressive record label owned by Tony Stratton-Smith, used the image of the Mad Hatter prominently in its logo in the 1970s.
In the online cartoon Neurotically Yours, the main character, Foamy, has a friend named "The Hatta", a brown squirrel with a love for tea.
In the anime, Ouran High School Host Club, the character Tamaki Suoh plays the part of the Mad Hatter in the episode "Haruhi in Wonderland".
The Disney version of the Hatter from Alice in Wonderland is featured as a guest in House of Mouse and Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse.
The Mad Hatter also appears at the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as a meetable character.
In Sonny Strait's manga, We Shadows, Sonny appears as the narrator in a Mad Hatter-styled hat. The card on his hat starts off saying "This Style 10/6", but it changes throughout the book.

some interesting trivia:

Albert Anastasia (1902–1957), a New York City mafioso known for his role in leading Murder, Inc., was known as "the Mad Hatter", most probably because of his discerning taste for fine haberdashery.

In the manga based on the popular video game Devil May Cry 3, the Mad Hatter is something of a villain along with a pseudo-Alice and White Rabbit.
Former Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Leon Wilkeson went by the nickname Mad Hatter due to his outfits.

The United States Air Force 492nd Fighter Squadron is known as the Madhatters; it operates the F-15E Strike Eagle, and is part of the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath.492nd Fighter Squadron

The Mad Hatter is a nickname of a serial bank robber. He was featured on the America's Most Wanted episode of June 9, 2007.
i can't believe i took the time to read this bullshit.

marini martini
02-14-2008, 01:47 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I DIDN'T!

hsxvvd
02-14-2008, 01:49 AM

Thankyou. I simply read your reply and it saved me some time.

Rummpd
02-14-2008, 01:50 AM
We also add Tiago Splitter who in our system may be better than the defensively challenged Gasol and we got him in a savy draft choice! Spurs FO rules.

anakha
02-14-2008, 02:04 AM
Nice try on derailing the topic, Sporks style, mavs4ever. :lol

Spuradicator
02-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Suns and Lakers made these trades BECAUSE of their fear of facing the Spurs come playoffs. We are right where we were last year. We don't play for the regular season title or any of that shit. We position ourselves all season long, at the expense of wins, for the post season.

Since 2003 we have only lost a 7 game series twice. We are built for the post season.

DazedAndConfused
02-14-2008, 02:26 AM
If SAS never existed the trade still would have went down for the Lakers.

mikejones99
02-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Most of Dallas should be ignored, of course I would not read that much shit from Dallas.

Manudona
02-14-2008, 02:32 AM

I just read your great synopsis
:downspin:

mavsfan1000
02-14-2008, 02:36 AM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8875/threadkittyyg1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

sabar
02-14-2008, 02:40 AM
I think the term "hatting" in this particular instance is a verb. It is being used to describe the act of putting hats on spurs players and staff, including the front office as well as scouts and assistants.

this is just my opinion.

but in follow up research i found some interesting info on this threads actual origin.

The Hatter is a fictional character initially encountered at a tea party in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. He is popularly referred to as the "Mad Hatter," but is never called by this name in Carroll's book--although the Cheshire Cat warns Alice that he is mad, and the Hatter's eccentric behavior verifies this. Likewise, the chapter in which he first appears, "A Mad Tea-Party", is often erroneously called "The Mad Hatter's Tea Party" but in fact it takes place in the garden of the March Hare. The Hatter makes another appearance in the sequel Through the Looking-Glass as Hatta, one of the White King's messengers.

He has been portrayed on film by Edward Everett Horton, Sir Robert Helpmann, Martin Short, Peter Cook, Anthony Newley, and Ed Wynn, and in a music video by Tom Petty.

The "10/6" on the Hatter's hat means ten shillings and six pence, the price of the hat in pre-decimalisation British money. As the price of the hat would be normally taken off after purchase, this adds credence both to the fact that he is mad, and/or that he is a hatter. The name Mad Hatter was undoubtedly inspired by the phrase "as mad as a hatter". There is some confusion as to whether this originally meant "angry" or "insane" as a hatter, as incidents of both meanings exist in literature,[1] long before Lewis Carroll's book. Evidently one or the other of the meanings resulted from a misinterpretation of the original use, and passed into common usage. There is scientific evidence behind the meaning of insanity, however. Mercury was used in the process of curing felt used in some hats. It was impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the mercury fumes given off during the hat making process. Over time, the residual mercury caused neurological damage, as well as confused speech and distorted vision. As the mercury poisoning progressed to dangerously high levels, sufferers could also experience psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations. Given that anyone exhibiting an altered mental state was dubbed mad at the time, the cause of such malady, and subsequent death of such people doubtless went unexplained for a long time.

The Hatter is generally believed to be based on Theophilus Carter, at one time a servitor at Christ Church, one of the University of Oxford's colleges. He invented an alarm clock bed, exhibited at the Great Exhibition of 1851, that tipped out the sleeper at waking-up time. He later owned a furniture shop, and became known as the Mad Hatter from his habit of standing in the door of his shop wearing a top hat. Sir John Tenniel is reported to have come to Oxford especially to sketch him for his illustrations.

In the chapter "A Mad Tea Party", the Mad Hatter asks a famous riddle: "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter admits he does not have an answer himself. Lewis Carroll originally intended the riddle to be just a riddle without an answer, but after many requests from readers, he and others, including puzzle expert Sam Loyd, thought up possible answers to the riddle. One possible answer is "Poe wrote on both", a reference to Edgar Allan Poe, who wrote The Raven.

The Mad Hatter character appears in a number of other places:

The song "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" written by Bernie Taupin, sung by Elton John on the album Honky Château, and covered by Mandy Moore on her Coverage album.
In the computer game American McGee's Alice, a gothic sequel of the story, the Mad Hatter is warped into a mad scientist obsessed with time. He has turned the March Hare and the Dormouse into steampunk cyborgs, and has plans to turn all the Wonderland inhabitants into his automaton robots. He has also turned himself into a robot, a fact made obvious when Alice defeats him.
The Mad Hatter is a DC Comics supervillain modelled on the Wonderland character, and a foe of Batman.
Belial is a character known as "the Mad Hatter" in the Japanese comic Angel Sanctuary.
In one episode of the animated television series Futurama, "Insane in the Mainframe", a robot in a mental house dresses and acts like the Mad Hatter.
Hatter M is a dark comic book that features what it claims is the real version of the Hatter — a bodyguard and soldier who wields a bladed hat.
Charisma Records, the progressive record label owned by Tony Stratton-Smith, used the image of the Mad Hatter prominently in its logo in the 1970s.
In the online cartoon Neurotically Yours, the main character, Foamy, has a friend named "The Hatta", a brown squirrel with a love for tea.
In the anime, Ouran High School Host Club, the character Tamaki Suoh plays the part of the Mad Hatter in the episode "Haruhi in Wonderland".
The Disney version of the Hatter from Alice in Wonderland is featured as a guest in House of Mouse and Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse.
The Mad Hatter also appears at the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as a meetable character.
In Sonny Strait's manga, We Shadows, Sonny appears as the narrator in a Mad Hatter-styled hat. The card on his hat starts off saying "This Style 10/6", but it changes throughout the book.

some interesting trivia:

Albert Anastasia (1902–1957), a New York City mafioso known for his role in leading Murder, Inc., was known as "the Mad Hatter", most probably because of his discerning taste for fine haberdashery.

In the manga based on the popular video game Devil May Cry 3, the Mad Hatter is something of a villain along with a pseudo-Alice and White Rabbit.
Former Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Leon Wilkeson went by the nickname Mad Hatter due to his outfits.

The United States Air Force 492nd Fighter Squadron is known as the Madhatters; it operates the F-15E Strike Eagle, and is part of the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath.492nd Fighter Squadron

The Mad Hatter is a nickname of a serial bank robber. He was featured on the America's Most Wanted episode of June 9, 2007.Excellent point

MajicMan
02-14-2008, 02:58 AM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1006/madhattercopypb1.jpg

Budkin
02-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Sporks?? Uh... ok.

LavaLamp
02-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Sporks?? Uh... ok.

Yea, really.

dav4463
02-14-2008, 03:48 AM
How is this such a "down" season? Spurs have fought through a lot of injuries this year and are still solid in a very tough western conference.

Just wait until Parker and Barry come back and get ready for that stretch run.

This team isn't done yet....and I said the same thing last year when the Mavs were headed for 70 and the Suns got all the press.

I also had serious doubts last year at times, but never gave up hope and then when it all started coming together....it was beautiful to watch! Let's do it again this year!

GO SPURS GO !!!

MannyIsGod
02-14-2008, 03:55 AM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8875/threadkittyyg1.gif (http://imageshack.us)OMG !
LOL!!!

Extra Stout
02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Few know of William Faulkner's unpublished posthumous work, The Spur Hatter.

dmac
02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I think the term ...June 9, 2007.
uh, ok.