PDA

View Full Version : I smell a rat - The Devon George block.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Something's not right.

My gut tells me a few of the guys got together. The Diops, and Stackhouses, and whoevers, and discussed among themselves that they can stop this deal if Devon blocks it.

I doubt he made this decision on his own. Something smells funky.

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Something's not right.

My gut tells me a few of the guys got together. The Diops, and Stackhouses, and whoevers, and discussed among themselves that they can stop this deal if Devon blocks it.

I doubt he made this decision on his own. Something smells funky.

Stackhouse wanted the trade...Diop barely speaks english :elephant

Fillmoe
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Diop barely speaks english :elephant

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
diop knows he has to stop this trade somehow,

cause this dude only plays defense, and he knows, i know, you know cuban is going to overpay him for his services....

Please_dont_ban_me

My cousin said there was discussion of Stackhouse being bought out by the Nets, and him going back to Dallas.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 12:49 AM

And wtf are you doing.

:elephant <----- That's mine, dammit!

Fillmoe
02-14-2008, 12:51 AM
My cousin said there was discussion of Stackhouse being bought out by the Nets, and him going back to Dallas.

your cousin speaks the truth.... you should ask him about sports more often

Shank
02-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Ban!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Actually, George is apparently protecting his Bird rights.

kingsfan
02-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Mavs aren't smart enough to come up with that plan all on their own.:lol

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Actually, George is apparently protecting his Bird rights.

Which means...they can re-sign him at a lower price?

Sidenote: How in the hell does Devon freaking George get a no-trade clause?

Shank
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Which means...they can re-sign him at a lower price?

Sidenote: How in the hell does Devon freaking George get a no-trade clause?

Blame the CBA, not the Mavs.

T Park
02-14-2008, 01:07 AM
If Stackhouse wanted the trade why did he say "I get 30 days off and just resign here"

Amarelooms
02-14-2008, 01:08 AM
If Stackhouse wanted the trade why did he say "I get 30 days off and just resign here"

He wants Kidd...hes gonna rest for 30 days then sign back with the Mavs :elephant

jmard5
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Yup, Nets will buy out Stack, then Stack goes back to Mavs again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244818

"The greater hesitation, sources said, is that they would also have to part with Stackhouse and Diop, weakening Dallas' depth. Even if the Nets do waive Stackhouse and Dallas is able to re-sign him after a 30-day wait, losing Diop is a significant blow. His departure would leave the inconsistent Erick Dampier as the Mavericks' only veteran center at a time when potential playoff foes like the Los Angeles Lakers (Pau Gasol) and Phoenix Suns (Shaquille O'Neal) are getting bigger..."

Medvedenko
02-14-2008, 01:45 AM
George is on Pop's trade committee and vetoed the trade as per discussed with Pop

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Read Every Other Thread Already Created On The Topic And Then You'll Realize Your Thread Is Retarded Forum.

Medvedenko
02-14-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm just playing really....still sucks for the mavs...however I'm sure cooler heads will prevail and they'll eventually get Kidd. Should be awesome come playoff time in the West.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 02:50 AM
George is on Pop's trade committee and vetoed the trade as per discussed with Pop

Did Cuban take the day off?

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Stack must be the most pissed off Mav right now. He would have been bought out and then able to re-sign with his former team...the dude would have been paid twice!

Talk about the richer getting richer!

The second contract would be for peanuts, I assume.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 02:53 AM
Read Every Other Thread Already Created On The Topic And Then You'll Realize Your Thread Is Retarded Forum.

The fact that you've read every other thread about it, and think that it's common and expected to do so, means you belong in the retard / loser forum.

gmanrulz
02-14-2008, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBYXeUF5s8&eurl=http://ballhype.com/video/devean_george_i_ll_be_the_bad_guy_1/

Please_dont_ban_me
02-14-2008, 03:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBYXeUF5s8&eurl=http://ballhype.com/video/devean_george_i_ll_be_the_bad_guy_1/

Good link.

Nice to see Laura's still alive. His comments make it seem like its just temporary. That his agent is looking over things. ESPN is making it sound like Devon's cancelled the trade.

Jason_Terry
02-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe they were all scared shitless at the thought of playing for the Nets in New Jersey and this was the best plan they could think of to stop it.

101A
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Something's not right.

I doubt he made this decision on his own. Something smells funky.George was a Laker. Pay attention.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
The fact that you've read every other thread about it, and think that it's common and expected to do so, means you belong in the retard / loser forum.
Right, because I can fuckin read and have the sense to do that instead of create a useless thread. That's real intuition there, shit-for-brains.

picnroll
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I doubt George wants to protect his Bird rights since if he gets another contract it probably won't be for more than vet minimum. He might want a little bonus for going along with the deal. He defintiely wants to go to a team where he'd get playing time which isn't the Nets with Carter and Jefferson.

George is just protecting his interests. Cuban has a history of making deals with guys and then screwing them like NVE who gave up money to come to the Mavs and then was dumped by Cuban in a trade.

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
agreed, but George got no NVE type of treatment here. He is trying to protect money that he will never see. If he stops this deal, he will be Dallas' new Tariq Abdul Wahad for a season until he is gone.

daslicer
02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Devon is garbage I can't believe this sh1t that he is considering protecting his interests and is concenrned about playing time. The guy is straight up garabage he isn't good enough to get playing time on the Heat or Bobcats thats how sh1tty he is. The dude is being b1tch for being a b1tch. What a stupid SOB thats all I gotta say.

picnroll
02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
agreed, but George got no NVE type of treatment here. He is trying to protect money that he will never see. If he stops this deal, he will be Dallas' new Tariq Abdul Wahad for a season until he is gone.
His primary interest probably is to get to a team where he can get playing time in hopes of getting a contract next year based on play.

picnroll
02-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Devon is garbage I can't believe this sh1t that he is considering protecting his interests and is concenrned about playing time. The guy is straight up garabage he isn't good enough to get playing time on the Heat or Bobcats thats how sh1tty he is. The dude is being b1tch for being a b1tch. What a stupid SOB thats all I gotta say.
What does he owe the Mavs? The reason he got the no trade deal was because they signed him on the cheap and the price they willingly paid was that he have some control of his destiny.

Sportcamper
02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Jerry West has not approved of this trade…D. George is just doing the right thing… :clap

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 10:52 AM
His primary interest probably is to get to a team where he can get playing time in hopes of getting a contract next year based on play.

right. and he would get more PT on Jersey than he would with the mavs if he blocked this deal. it also makes him look bad to other teams looking to sign him. whatever his motives may be, they are flawed and he is just killing what little value he did have...

bostonguy
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
George just wants to shoot some shots with the Mavs still. No surprises here.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Right, because I can fuckin read and have the sense to do that instead of create a useless thread. That's real intuition there, shit-for-brains.

No.

Just that you have enough time to sit around and read everything. Loser.

monosylab1k
02-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Just that you have enough time to sit around and read everything.
I guess I'd rather be a loser than an ignorant prick like you.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I guess I'd rather be a loser than an ignorant prick like you.

There's a difference between having a life, and being an ignorant prick.

So, how's it feel to not have a life?