PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 09:52 AM
This kid reminds me a lot of a younger Duncan.

Ever see his "Vote for me" on YouTube?:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7IZP7u9FE

If he can stay healthy and maybe improve his strength and conditioning, Toronto has a bright future.

Strong win for the Spurs last night.

debo
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
ive always like his game too. he can do just about everything a big man should and he is athletic. but maybe this is the wrong forum even though it does mention duncan

MI21
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
IIRC he was a big fan of Duncan growing up, I think it was mentioned during the High School All-American game back a few years which he played in. He's cool, I like his game, it's kinda unique, but my opinion soured on him during the 1st round of last years playoffs against the Nets... Pretty soft showing until Game 6. Started out slow this year, but has had some big nights over the last 6-8 weeks.

But I don't see many similarities with Duncan. Bosh is a face up, jump shooting big man who is quite skinny and athletic. His main fault is he takes to many jumpshots, despite the fact he gets to the line a lot. Weird.

As we all know Timmy is pretty much the opposite, living on the block, and relying on outmuscling or outsmarting his opponent rather than athleticism and shooting.

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I meant his demeanor. Bosh seems like a talented, non-flashy big man that the Raptors can really build around.

There games are definitely different.

Come to think of it... I don't know anyone who plays like Duncan!

I think Bosh from Texas.

MI21
02-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Demeanour wise, for sure. I've seen Bosh get fired up in a similar way to how Duncan does, during important moments. They are quite similar in that regard for sure.

I'm pretty sure he is from Texas too. He would go nice next to an aging Timmy in a few years, that's for sure!

WalterBenitez
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
CB will take the place TD leave when he retires

adidas11
02-14-2008, 10:08 AM

Actually, the one player who comes close to a Duncan-type style would be Kevin McHale.

MI21
02-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I think Ghost may be talking about current players.

Offensively, it is hard to think of someone who is similar. I guess Al Jefferson perhaps.. He is the first one to pop into my mind. But I dunno...

fitzgerald
02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I meant his demeanor. Bosh seems like a talented, non-flashy big man that the Raptors can really build around.

I think Bosh from Texas.

Bosh went to school in Dallas at Lincoln High School. His team is the one that went undefeated and won that USA today mythical national championship. His team went 40-0.

pad300
02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I think Ghost may be talking about current players.

Offensively, it is hard to think of someone who is similar. I guess Al Jefferson perhaps.. He is the first one to pop into my mind. But I dunno...

Actually, as a stylistic comparison, I'd say Emeka Okafor. Yeah, Okafor isn't nearly as good, but he puts the same emphasis on D, and he's similarly non-flashy on O...

Chris Bosh reminds me more of KG (again, a poor man's version).

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Okafor is close defensively and Al Jeff shows some similarities, but no one uses the glass like Duncan.

nfg3
02-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I like his game but as stated he needs to get tougher and stronger. Needs more low post moves rather than settling for his jumpshot. Seems that most bigs of today want to take jumpshots rather than bang in the low post. Either he does that or Tronto needs to get a big that can bang down low so Bosh can play the high post. That is a big that can consistently be a threat down low. That automatically excludes Rasho.

One of the big reasons that TD is so valuable to us!

Bruno
02-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Bosh will sign with Spurs in 2010. :smokin

Whisky Dog
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM

I think Bosh from Texas.

Bosh is from the metroplex, played high school ball at Dallas Lincoln high and led them to a state title over Beaumont Ozen who featured the Celtic's Kendrick Perkins at the time. That was a great matchup where a very undersized (at the time) and rail thin Bosh outplayed and out hustled the much larger Perkins and basically dominated him. I'm thinking it's been his coaching since HS that made him into more of a perimeter threat, because the kid was a monster with a big motor in the paint when younger, even against bigger and stronger opponents.

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Bosh could also be settling for jumpers to avoid getting hurt by contact. He has had his share of nagging injuries throughout his NBA career.

I like him.

T Park
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah the only beef I have with Bosh is his low post game is pretty non existent, but yeah, Bosh is easily one of the top 5 bigmen in the East.

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah the only beef I have with Bosh is his low post game is pretty non existent, but yeah, Bosh is easily one of the top 5 bigmen in the East.
I think he's Top 5 in the NBA.

T Park
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Duncan
Yao
Howard
Garnett
Stoudamire

IMO

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Duncan
Yao
Howard
Garnett
Stoudamire

IMO
In that order?

I like in no particular order:

Duncan
Amare
Garnett
Ming
Dirk

Bosh, Boozer and Camby deserve recognition, too.

Howard is not in my Fav 5, because all he does is dunk. He does not make his teammates better, nor can he shoot free throws.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM

It's like trying to compare today's shooting guards to Jordan, in a sense. Tim Duncan is so sublimely good that it is nearly impossible to say that some current or past player plays the game the way Duncan does. I don't think there's ever been a power forward type who was as good at both ends as Duncan is. Some guys might have been better scorers, but weren't particularly good defenders; some guys were comparable defenders, but didn't have the offensive game that Duncan has. Fewer still can combine the ability to score, the ability to defend, and the ability to rebound the way Duncan has.

As someone said on national TV recently, there's going to come a day when basketball fans across the globe wake up and realize that they had the chance to watch one of the true "Best Ever" guys when they had opportunities to watch Tim Duncan and everyone will wonder why they took that time for granted.

T Park
02-14-2008, 04:43 PM
In that order?

I like in no particular order:

Duncan
Amare
Garnett
Ming
Dirk

Bosh, Boozer and Camby deserve recognition, too.

Howard is not in my Fav 5, because all he does is dunk. He does not make his teammates better, nor can he shoot free throws.

Dirk's unwillingness to go to the rack, lack of defense, and horrible play in big games, is a big reason i left him out.

Agreed Boozer does deserve recognition, but his defense is so poor that like Dirk leaves him out.

Camby is a stud defensively but his game is relegated to that top of the key jumper and dunks. Other than that he has no offensive game.

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Eh... valid points, but didn't Dirk eliminate us from the playoffs in a Game 7 in San Antonio in 2006?

I think he is pretty f'n good, and Avery got him playing more D than Nellie ever did.

Your assessment of Camby sounds like you'd be down on Bowen, too.

lefty
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Bosh will sign with Spurs in 2010. :smokin

:hungry:

exstatic
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Bosh, for all of his height, is a fucking SG/SF. He weighs about 210...with 20lbs of ankle weights on. He has no post game against like-sized players. He's a nice enough kid, but not someone you can build a franchise on. Toronto is finding that out.

T Park
02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Eh... valid points, but didn't Dirk eliminate us from the playoffs in a Game 7 in San Antonio in 2006?

I think he is pretty f'n good, and Avery got him playing more D than Nellie ever did.

Your assessment of Camby sounds like you'd be down on Bowen, too.

Except I dont rank Bowen as a top 5 SF in the game.