PDA

View Full Version : According to Norm Hitzges

stretch
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
of sportsradio 1310 the ticket, George has changed his mind, and will agree to the deal for Kidd.

bostonguy
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
of sportsradio 1310 the ticket, George has changed his mind, and will agree to the deal for Kidd.

Nice move. Stretch you do like this move correct? You agree that after trying for years with the team you previously had, that the "building for the future" card was going to wear out? I really feel this is going to benefit Dirk the most. As I said in a previous thread, taking chances is part of the process in winning a championship even if it means a shorter window. Boston took that route as it has been 2 decades since they have been elite.

Matchman
the same deal or the term has changed?

Budkin
He was probably getting too much hate mail in Dallas. Seems like most of the fans want Kidd there. And who is a Devean George to decide that they can't have him. Smart move if true.

stretch
02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Nice move. Stretch you do like this move correct? You agree that after trying for years with the team you previously had, that the "building for the future" card was going to wear out? I really feel this is going to benefit Dirk the most. As I said in a previous thread, taking chances is part of the process in winning a championship even if it means a shorter window. Boston took that route as it has been 2 decades since they have been elite.
Dirk isn't going to be in his prime for much longer. We must take advantage of these years and get at least one championship.

I really like this move, despite what most Mavs fans say. Very few Mavs fans that don't like this trade, have legit viewpoints. Most of them are just in love with Harris, and don't know what the fuck they are talking about. About the only legit argument is that we don't match up as well with San Antonio, but our focuse in the playoffs is not to beat San Antonio... its to win the fucking title. Jason Kidd helps us match up better with 98% of the rest of the league. I'll take that any day. Plus, I don't think we are losing as much as people thought in our matchup with San Antonio. I think Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Stack is enough firepower to beat them, especially with the VASTLY increased amount of easy looks they will get with Kidd running PG.

monosylab1k
Smart move by Dick Breath.

Now it's time to get Mike Miller.

stretch
He was probably getting too much hate mail in Dallas. Seems like most of the fans want Kidd there. And who is a Devean George to decide that they can't have him. Smart move if true.
No, most fans seem to dislike/hate the trade. Idiots...

stretch
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Smart move by Dick Breath.

Now it's time to get Mike Miller.
F**k yea. That would be awesome...

Budkin
02-14-2008, 11:12 AM
F**k yea. That would be awesome...

You can't have him because we're getting him!!! :p:

stretch
02-14-2008, 11:15 AM
I wish that we could get a big man in this deal to the Nets though, like Magliore. We need another 6 fouls out of a big man to give in the playoffs.

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
that's why i am not sure why Diop has to be included here...

Officer Slater
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Mavs just made themselves better against any team except Phoenix and San Antonio!! Stupid trade! :smokin

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
not as stupid as the Shaq trade by Phoenix though. With that trade they effectively became worse against every team in the league. :toast :fro

sribb43
02-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Norm is and idiot....he just said that the kidd wont get nearly as many assists in Dallas as NJ. Does he not realize that NJ has one of the worst offenses in the league at only avg 93.7. He still thinks they run up and down the floor like they did with Kittles, K-Mart ,etc

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Norm is and idiot....he just said that the kidd wont get nearly as many assists in Dallas as NJ. Does he not realize that NJ has one of the worst offenses in the league at only avg 93.7. He still thinks they run up and down the floor like they did with Kittles, K-Mart ,etc
Exactly. It's amazing Kidd averages 10 assists a game considering how many times each game Vince Carter takes the inbounds pass, takes it down court, and immediately jacks up a ridiculous jumper without even thinking of moving the ball to the point.

Kidd's assist totals will stay the same or improve. He'll be rejuvenated at playing for a contender which improves the shooting. None of our guards rebound for shit so he's going to have plenty of rebound opportunities. He's not a good one-on-one defender but his smarts and savvy make him our best team defender.

stretch
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Yea, I heard that too. I don't think he was thinking when saying that. Running too much off emotion about the trade.

ancestron
02-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Shaq trade.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Norm is the biggest Devin Harris supporter in the Metroplex, that's why. His Devin Harris homerism puts Findog & mavsfan1000 to shame.

He's just pissed that his little buddy is gone.

BillsCarnage
02-14-2008, 11:50 AM

His assist avg should stay, but i could see it going down a bit if he carries more of the offensive load. He's only avg'ng 11pts now. If that goes up to 15-17 that could mean a few less assists.

BonnerDynasty
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Fucking bullshit if you get Stackhouse back.

Bullshit nba loopholes.

Why would Nets want to buy him out anyways?

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Fucking bullshit if you get Stackhouse back.

Bullshit nba loopholes.

Why would Nets want to buy him out anyways?

Bullshit rules that let a team that was just in the playoffs the year before and still has DRob land Duncan in the draft? come on Dynasty, Spur fan has nothing to bitch about.

Nets would buy him out because that is how the deal was structured. Also they are trying to clear money and they have way too many bodies on their team.

BonnerDynasty
02-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Bullshit rules that let a team that was just in the playoffs the year before and still has DRob land Duncan in the draft? come on Dynasty, Spur fan has nothing to bitch about.

Why do you guys have to be so damn stupid. Do you not realize DRob was injured? Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Boston still had the best chance to get TD. It was just DestinyDynasty.

BillsCarnage
02-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Here's what i found in another forum.

The reason that the CBA allows player to block like this is because, in some weird way, George would lose Bird rights entering free agency. So, sign and trades would no longer be an option. That limits his abilities to move during free agency. So, it makes sense for Devean George to reject this trade. Its bad enough going to NJ. He cannot be expected to sacrifice potential salary just so his former team has a better shot at a title.

I do not see this deal going through unless they find a way to make it worth Devean George's while financially.

So, unless Dallas sends more cash for NJ to sign him to a longer deal or includes someone else, i find it hard to believe George "just changed his mind".

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Why do you guys have to be so damn stupid. Do you not realize DRob was injured? Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Boston still had the best chance to get TD. It was just DestinyDynasty.

no it is not hard to comprehend and neith should be the fact that if a player is bought out, he can return to his previous team after 30 days. Point being, don't whine like a little punk when your team has had its fair share of favorable circumstances.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM

Boston still had the best chance to get TD.
Right, so a perennial playoff team and a team that averaged 60+ wins for two years suddenly plummets to a 20 win team because one guy got hurt. David Robinson alone is a 40 game difference in record.

Yeah, I'm really convinced there was no tanking involved.

You can give your bullshit "sean elliot was out for half the year too!" excuse but everyone knows the Spurs tanked that year. They got dealt a bad hand that year and worked the system to get a better shot at Duncan, and it worked out for them. It's just fine and I have no problem with it. But don't go bitching about other teams finding ways to work the system either.

Spurminator
02-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Right, so a perennial playoff team and a team that averaged 60+ wins for two years suddenly plummets to a 20 win team because one guy got hurt. David Robinson alone is a 40 game difference in record.

Yeah, I'm really convinced there was no tanking involved.

You can give your bullshit "sean elliot was out for half the year too!" excuse but everyone knows the Spurs tanked that year. They got dealt a bad hand that year and worked the system to get a better shot at Duncan, and it worked out for them. It's just fine and I have no problem with it. But don't go bitching about other teams finding ways to work the system either.

Adding David Robinson and Sean Elliott to the Spurs in 1989 resulted in a 35 game improvement. Given that, why is it so hard to believe losing those two players would result in 40 more losses?

Look at this roster:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/1997.html

Shank
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Dick Breath needs to figure it out.

ApolloCreed
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Adding David Robinson and Sean Elliott to the Spurs in 1989 resulted in a 35 game improvement. Given that, why is it so hard to believe losing those two players would result in 40 more losses?

Look at this roster:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/1997.html

Everyone knows the Spurs purposely sat David Robinson out an additional couple of months to get the number one pick.

This has been well documented.

ApolloCreed
02-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Most recently:

Speaking of blockbusters
San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich evidently is unhappy with the Memphis Grizzlies for trading Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown's expiring contract (and career).

"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich told SI.com. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the LA trade."

Gee, no kidding.

We would suggest that if they're going to have a Bad Trade Committee, maybe they should have a Bogus Injury Committee, too.

Do you suppose a few coaches might have wanted to be on that committee when David Robinson sat out the final 3 1/2 months of the 1996-97 season after having a screw put in a non-displaced fracture in his foot?

We recall Jason Kidd coming back to play effectively in the playoffs only six weeks after having three screws placed in his ankle.

Anyway, that Robinson injury meant that the Spurs wound up with Tim Duncan in the draft lottery, which is beyond comprehension.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Because all sportswriters are also doctors and can easily compare recovery times of completely unrelated injuries.

ApolloCreed
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv24frDECA4

It's Barkley back in 97 in the lockerroom after a game against the Spurs.

Quote:
"It is a moral thing about sports that, you know, they cheated, and good things don't happen to people who cheat [...] Well when you rest healthy players so you get the number one pick in the draft, that's cheating. That's not the way the draft was designed. And God does not look good upon that. I think in life you get what you deserve. If you're a good person, then good things happen to you. And if you do things wrong, then bad things happen to you. I don't care about their potential, I don't even care about their team. If you cheat in sports or if you cheat in whatever you do, bad things gonna happen to you."

Spurminator
02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Let's say your franchise player has already missed two months with debilitating back issues then he breaks his foot. Even if the best case scenario is that he returns in two months, why do you risk further damage to your franchise player when you're already 12-38 after 50 games? That's not tanking, that's good risk assessment. It would have been pointless to rush Robinson back. Reckless and stupid, even.

Kidd came back for a team in the second round of the Playoffs. Robinson would have been coming back for a team that was already eliminated from contention.

ApolloCreed
02-14-2008, 02:39 PM
You can't respect a team who cheats like that.

Spurminator
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
The revisionist history is interesting though... as I recall, nobody seemed to care that the Spurs were tanking until the Boston Celtics missed out on the #1 pick.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Obviously the Spurs didn't cheat in any way. They did nothing wrong. To say otherwise is just stupid.

But is it really so bad to just admit that they realized there was no way they could contend for a championship that year, so they made the decision to tank for a top pick?

Again, nothing wrong with it. Teams do it all the time. But it's working the system to your advantage, same with with what the Mavs are doing with Stackhouse.

Spurminator
02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I think they made a decision not to risk further injuring their superstar player in a lost season. I'm sure the fact that they would probably end up with a Lottery pick was something that was considered, but I doubt it played into their decision in any way.

I mean they didn't even end up with the worst record in the NBA when it was over. If they'd decided to draft a big in the Lottery and they didn't get the #1 pick, they would have ended up with Tony Battie, Adonal Foyle or Danny Fortson.