PDA

View Full Version : Nets eyeing Miller

sa_butta
02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
The Nets may not be done. One source said they were talking to the Grizzlies again about Mike Miller for pieces including Bostjan Nachbar and Magloire.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02142008/sports/nets/frank_makes_do_with_9_man_lineup_97501.htm

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
eff that, Dallas better get on the phone and get him.

sribb43
02-14-2008, 11:19 AM
if the mavs take on Brian Cardinals contract, the Grizz would trade Miller to the Mavs

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
if the mavs take on Brian Cardinals contract, the Grizz would trade Miller to the Mavs
I'd love for this to happen. The Mavs would pay up the ass in luxury tax, especially since they'd have to use KVH for this trade, but I don't see why Cuban would be opposed. Although lately he's been bitching about money and luxury tax. I hope he's not taking tips from Tom Hicks. Just spend that shit, Mark!

Brodie Bruce
02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
N-e-t-s! Nets Nets Nets!

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
I sincerely believe that after the Kidd trade goes through, Mike Miller is the last piece to establish the Mavericks as the team to beat in the West. Right now they're serious contenders, but Miller will put them over the top in my eyes. There's no guarantee of a title, but they'll be a tougher out than anybody in the West.

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I sincerely believe that after the Kidd trade goes through, Mike Miller is the last piece to establish the Mavericks as the team to beat in the West. Right now they're serious contenders, but Miller will put them over the top in my eyes. There's no guarantee of a title, but they'll be a tougher out than anybody in the West.

I agree. Yesterday we had mentioned Magette also, but the more I look at Millers' skills, I am convinced that he would be a perfect fit. He would provide some unbelieveable floor spacing with his outside shot, and he is a good rebounder and passer. 6'8 is a big body to throw out there at the 2, and despite his hair, Miller is no punk on the floor. He will mix it up a bit. Also, it would probably take alot less to get him than it would for Magette. I have to admit though that the idea of the Mavs making a deal for Magette and Cassell is very tantalizing.

BonnerDynasty
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Buying Championships. One maverick at a time.

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 12:45 PM
and how else is a professional sports team supposed to try and win championships?...volunteer players?

remingtonbo2001
02-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Did you see what Manu did last night?

JMarkJohns
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
How would the Mavs acquire Miller? What contract do they have that's both big enough to assume both Miller and Cardinal and be attractive enough for Memphis to take on in return? Plus, unless it's a straight up salary dump on the part of the Grizzlies, what would Dallas throw in to sweeten the pot for the Grizz? They, so long as the trade goes through as reported, have given up Ager, a young SG, and two future 1sts including this next draft's.

Miller is the addition that would put the Suns, the Mavs, the Lakers, the Spurs and the Hornets all over the top, but the Suns don't seem willing to spend the money, the mavs don't seem to have the package, the Lakers could have, but decided to keep Odom's lesser contract, the Spurs aren't likely to make a major move and the Hornets haven't been linked yet.

I think Miller/Cardinal to Miami for Williams/Davis' expiring contract and a future 1st is the deal that's most likely. Perhaps the now reported Nachbar/Magloire deal as well.

Trainwreck2100
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
and how else is a professional sports team supposed to try and win championships?...volunteer players?

Work through the draft, and sign free agents that don't suck

stretch
02-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Did you see what Manu did last night?
So? JJ Barea went off for 25 points once. Doesn't mean he's going to make other teams quake in fear.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 02:04 PM
How would the Mavs acquire Miller? What contract do they have that's both big enough to assume both Miller and Cardinal and be attractive enough for Memphis to take on in return? Plus, unless it's a straight up salary dump on the part of the Grizzlies, what would Dallas throw in to sweeten the pot for the Grizz? They, so long as the trade goes through as reported, have given up Ager, a young SG, and two future 1sts including this next draft's.
I'm not positive on all the rules of trading, but the Mavs still have Nick Fazekas, the rights to Reyshawn Terry, a 2009 first rounder, and tons of salary dumpage ability for Memphis to take advantage (most notably KVH, also Malik Allen & Antoine Wright). I'd hate to see it happen, but if it takes Brandon Bass to sweeten the deal, he's out there too.

I wouldn't advocate throwing all of that which I listed, but parts of it ought to appeal to Memphis if they're in salary dump/young prospect mode.

Along with an owner who ought to be willing to take on Brian Cardinal's awful contract.

J.T.
02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Post Kidd trade Mavs will get absolutely abused by Tim Duncan. Cuban putting too much faith in Erick Dampier.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Post Kidd trade Mavs will get absolutely abused by Tim Duncan. Cuban putting too much faith in Erick Dampier.
That was happening before the trade. Didn't Duncan average like 35 PPG in the 06 series? And we called that a great defensive job by Diop.

J.T.
02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Trading Diop is six less fouls to give on Duncan. But then again, you could always have Dirk play in the post.

monosylab1k
02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I'll worry about the Spurs when the time comes to play them in the playoffs. Pre-Kidd Mavs weren't beating anybody in the postseason. Now we've got a shot against anyone.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
:lol Rod Thorn is a vindictive mother fucker.

"George blocked the trade? We had a deal! Who else are they targeting? Miller? Get Chris Wallace on the phone right fucking now and tell him he's got his pick of the team for that hermaphrodite bastard."

Jeremy
02-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Miller is the addition that would put the Suns, the Mavs, the Lakers, the Spurs and the Hornets all over the top, but the Suns don't seem willing to spend the money, the mavs don't seem to have the package, the Lakers could have, but decided to keep Odom's lesser contract, the Spurs aren't likely to make a major move and the Hornets haven't been linked yet.

I think Miller/Cardinal to Miami for Williams/Davis' expiring contract and a future 1st is the deal that's most likely. Perhaps the now reported Nachbar/Magloire deal as well.

How could the Suns aquire him? According to ESPN.com, Miller makes $8.38 million and the Suns' trade exception is ony $8.09 mllion. Also, Diaw still has a difficult BYC restriction.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Did a mavfan just compare Barea to Manu?

Indazone
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
What is going on with all these trades for superstars? I've never seen anything like it. The end of the world is at hand. The final battle awaits!

big3bigD
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Work through the draft, and sign free agents that don't suck

nice plan. those players would still be paid professional athletes, thus having the result of a bought team. pointless to try and demean a team for attempting to buy a championship, when all of the players are paid pros. the entire point of owning a team is to buy a championship.

Shank
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Did a mavfan just compare Barea to Manu?

Yes, but only in that they both make good grades in their ESL classes.