View Full Version : The Rematch - Kelly Pavlik v Jermain Taylor
degenerate_gambler
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
the first fight was beyond good. Taylor had the Ghost in serious trouble early on and somehow Pavlik held on, rallied and ended up knocking Taylor out.
I think in the rematch that if Taylor can't take him out in 5 rounds or less, you'll see Pavlik work him over again in the later rounds and win again.
LEONARD
02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
When?
degenerate_gambler
02-14-2008, 12:22 PM
this Sat.
LEONARD
02-14-2008, 01:10 PM
This is a wicked "official" thread...so detailed and full of good info... :lol
2centsworth
02-14-2008, 05:02 PM
match is this saturday on PPV $49. Undercard info http://www.saddoboxing.com/6607-mijares-montiel-pavlik-vs-taylor-2.html
dbreiden83080
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I see Pavlick taking it to Taylor in this fight. He may end it earlier. Kelly is bigger, stronger, hits harder and fights at an insane pace. Taylor is a boxer who needs time to set and likes to pot shot people. Kelly does not give his opponents time to breath, he is all over them. It's a bad matchup for Taylor.
LEONARD
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Maybe I can get 2 streams going at the same time...I'll already have the Kimbo vs Tank card that's on Showtime streaming... :fro
atxrocker
02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
fuck yes. i've been waiting for this fight since the first one. should be good. i got pavlik winning.
tlongII
02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I think Taylor will win this one.
cornbread
02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Pavlik by KO again.
dbreiden83080
02-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Kelly in the 1st fight really smothered Taylor and forced him to brawl with him. Taylor can't beat Kelly by brawling with him there is no way. He really needs to be up on his toes dancing around the ring and boxing his ass off. The reason i see Kelly with the KO again is i can't see Taylor being able to dance and box effectively for 12 rds. Kelly comes at you, with no breaks at all he is like a machine looking to push the pace non-stop. I see him just stalking Taylor down eventually. As the immortal Jou Louis once said.
"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE"
degenerate_gambler
02-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Kelly in the 1st fight really smothered Taylor and forced him to brawl with him. Taylor can't beat Kelly by brawling with him there is no way. He really needs to be up on his toes dancing around the ring and boxing his ass off. The reason i see Kelly with the KO again is i can't see Taylor being able to dance and box effectively for 12 rds. Kelly comes at you, with no breaks at all he is like a machine looking to push the pace non-stop. I see him just stalking Taylor down eventually.
the Ghost is constantly busy throwing punches and moving forward, as you said crowding his opponent. I totally agree that Jermain can't float like a butterfly for 12 rds and that's why I think his plan will be to try and end this inside 5 rds, before Pavlik gets into his comfort zone. I give him a chance because he's a good boxer and has some power as evidenced by him hurting Pavlik early in the last fight.
2centsworth
02-15-2008, 10:09 AM
you guys are acting liek Taylor didn't put up much of a fight the last time. From what i can remember, he almost knocked Pavlik out in the 2nd rd. Taylor is a premium fighter and Kelly is going to have his hands full again.
I see Taylor running a lot more in this one and going in and out quickly. I hope Kelly knows how to cut off the ring.
2centsworth
02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe I can get 2 streams going at the same time...I'll already have the Kimbo vs Tank card that's on Showtime streaming... :fro
hook a brother up. how do you do that?
hook a brother up. how do you do that?
It's the most secret of circles of trust with MMA fans.
But if you can wait until Sunday morning I will post a streaming feed from one of the normal not to secret sites.
Maybe I can get 2 streams going at the same time...I'll already have the Kimbo vs Tank card that's on Showtime streaming... :fro
Dude it's gouing to drive me batsh-t insane until you get showtime.
I will watch one and stream the other live.
tlongII
02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Taylor will knock Pavlick out. He should have knocked him in their first match, but gassed himself.
2centsworth
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
It's the most secret of circles of trust with MMA fans.
But if you can wait until Sunday morning I will post a streaming feed from one of the normal not to secret sites.
PM bro PM!!!
atxrocker
02-15-2008, 01:49 PM
PM bro PM!!!
LEONARD
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
hook a brother up. how do you do that?
Fuck off
2centsworth
02-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Fuck off
my first reaction was :lol :lol .
LEONARD
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
my first reaction was :lol :lol .
Sweet
I checked and we don't have any vacant slots on our super secret streaming site. I'll let you know when one frees up... :fro
I checked and we don't have any vacant slots on our super secret streaming site.
Actually in all seriousness I don't think they are allowing any new members.
TheTruth
02-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't know about Taylor. I can definitely see him winning, but he was wild and undisciplined in the first fight. AND That was with Stewart as his trainer. Now Stewart is gone. I think Pavlik touches him up pretty good. Should be entertaining, and a good way to start off the '08 super fight schedule.
dbreiden83080
02-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Sweet
I checked and we don't have any vacant slots on our super secret streaming site. I'll let you know when one frees up... :fro
LOL, Damn you guys are shady. :p:
dbreiden83080
02-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Alright i wasn't sure but i decided to bite the bullet and plunk down the 50 bucks for this damn thing, it had better be worth it.
LOL, Damn you guys are shady. :p:
Nope.
It's simply watching feed from England where it's free instead of America. It's not about stealing anything. It's not even illegal although I am sure one day it will be. People keep it a very obscure and quite thing so it doesn't get too much attention like the Napster thing in the early 00's.
or so I heard people do this...I would never do such a thing. :spin
dbreiden83080
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Nope.
It's simply watching feed from England where it's free instead of America. It's not about stealing anything. It's not even illegal although I am sure one day it will be. People keep it a very obscure and quite thing so it doesn't get too much attention like the Napster thing in the early 00's.
or so I heard people do this...I would never do such a thing. :spin
It's free in Englad Damn and here i am stuck in the U.S. Wow why is that, i never knew that was the case.
It's free in Englad Damn and here i am stuck in the U.S. Wow why is that, i never knew that was the case.
Blame Don King.
All boxing used to be on HBO for free.
dbreiden83080
02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Blame Don King.
All boxing used to be on HBO for free.
So do we blame the UFC ppv's on Dana White, i blame that prick for everything else wrong in the UFC.
So do we blame the UFC ppv's on Dana White, i blame that prick for everything else wrong in the UFC.
:smokin
Thunder Dan
02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
jesus what a fight, I think I could watch like 10 of these
dbreiden83080
02-17-2008, 12:26 AM
GREAT fight, both guys fought their asses off. Taylor did better than i thought he would. He was in great shape, made some corrections in regards to avoiding that big right hand from Kelly, landed his jab and fought well. Again though the constant work and pressure from Kelly was the undoing of Taylor. Not by spectacular KO this time but by systematically wearing down Taylor to the point where when the fight was on the table in the late rounds he could not stay busy enough and could not keep Kelly off of him. You could really see Taylor looking for clinches late in the fight as he needed a blow in between throwing his shots and Kelly just kept coming. He fights at an incredible pace it is really amazing to watch. Kelly is really someone boxing desperately needed to come along. He is a very likeable guy with an exciting style of fighting, i am really looking forward to his future and Jermaine will do well by moving up in weight i think as well.
TheTruth
02-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Pavlik is a beast. He just kept coming forward. Taylor was great tonight, but just couldn't keep up the pace all 12 rounds. Great fight. Hope there are a ton more like it this year.
whottt
02-17-2008, 07:03 AM
I haven't seen the fight yet but I'm impressed that Pavlik won. I expected him to get his ass kicked...because he was lucky to make it out of the second round in the first bout.
I definitely considered Taylor to be the favorite and Pavlik to the be the fluke, but Pavlik has now proven it was no fluke.
Looking forward to seeing this and seeing what Pavlik did differently this time around...pretty sure if he fought Taylor like he fought him last time he'd have lost.
Brutalis
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Sucks. In the replays of power punches it shoes JT hitting him a lot harder than he had got hit, and had little effect.
If JT wasn't so loose and .. wild.. he could be a great fighter. Only reason why Kelly won is cause he uses the ring, is the aggressor and fights smart. But it was clear who was stronger and hit harder. Too bad JT can't combine it all or he could be the best thing in middleweights since Haggler.
TheTruth
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't know man. Pavlik did knock him pretty good a few times. JT's face looked like he was hit pretty hard after the fight.
degenerate_gambler
02-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I thought the first 9 or 10 rounds were pretty even steven with both guys finding openings and trying to get in their shots. But the Ghost owned 11 & 12 and if you're the challenger as Taylor was, you can't lose those two rounds and hope to win the fight.
The only issue I had was the one judge that scored it 117-111 for Pavlik...it was alot closer than that.
2centsworth
02-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I thought the first 9 or 10 rounds were pretty even steven with both guys finding openings and trying to get in their shots. But the Ghost owned 11 & 12 and if you're the challenger as Taylor was, you can't lose those two rounds and hope to win the fight.
The only issue I had was the one judge that scored it 117-111 for Pavlik...it was alot closer than that.
i saw the fight the same as you. 115-113 is what I had with Jermaine winning the early rounds and Pavlik mauling him late.
damn good fight. Taylor just can't beat him.
2centsworth
02-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I haven't seen the fight yet but I'm impressed that Pavlik won. I expected him to get his ass kicked...because he was lucky to make it out of the second round in the first bout.
I definitely considered Taylor to be the favorite and Pavlik to the be the fluke, but Pavlik has now proven it was no fluke.
Looking forward to seeing this and seeing what Pavlik did differently this time around...pretty sure if he fought Taylor like he fought him last time he'd have lost.
Pavlik pretty much has one style, going forward and punching.
degenerate_gambler
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
i saw the fight the same as you. 115-113 is what I had with Jermaine winning the early rounds and Pavlik mauling him late.
damn good fight. Taylor just can't beat him.
yep...taylor tried everything and actually fought a very good tactical fight...just wan't enough in the end.
reminds me of the vernon forrest/shane mosley fights...there's just some matchups out there that for one reason or another, you can't overcome no matter how much or how hard you train.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.