PDA

View Full Version : Another Cool Thing On My iPhone

02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Weatherbug Rachel's Video Forecasts (http://video.weatherbug.com/clips/WeatherBug/wvpfv3414?&)

/My bunk
//I'll be in it

Thunder Dan
02-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I tried getting an Iphone yesterday because my Ipod is all f'ed up, but I couldn't get one because it would screw up the plan I'm on. I'm so pissed I got my hopes up, and now I'm stuck with the Blackjack-f'ing sucks

ATRAIN
02-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I want a Iphone but have T-mobile. I know you can get them unlocked but do they still have all the cool features?

02-14-2008, 03:05 PM
When I got mine, all it did was add an extra $20/month to mine. What kind of jacked up thing does AT&T have you on?

Thunder Dan
02-14-2008, 03:11 PM
When I got mine, all it did was add an extra $20/month to mine. What kind of jacked up thing does AT&T have you on?

I'm on some kind of ATT family plan with me and my 2 sisters. My older sister is like the "head phone" We all share minutes and texts, but we never go over and it's like $50 a month for calling and texts, then I pay 30 for data (so $80 all together). We just send our money to my sister in Chicago each month.

I guess with Iphones, they automatically become the "head phone" and I couldn't be in that plan I'm on, so it would screw my sisters' plan even though my bill would drop. I can get any other phone and have no problem, but because the iphone only has 3 set in stone options for a plan, I can't get an iphone. It's stupid.

Once my little sister gets out of college I won't feel too bad about changing, but right now she is broke and needs all the money she can get

Thunder Dan
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
sorry I killed your thread with my long boring explanation of a crazy phone plan :lol :toast

leemajors
02-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm on some kind of ATT family plan with me and my 2 sisters. My older sister is like the "head phone" We all share minutes and texts, but we never go over and it's like $50 a month for calling and texts, then I pay 30 for data (so $80 all together). We just send our money to my sister in Chicago each month.

I guess with Iphones, they automatically become the "head phone" and I couldn't be in that plan I'm on, so it would screw my sisters' plan even though my bill would drop. I can get any other phone and have no problem, but because the iphone only has 3 set in stone options for a plan, I can't get an iphone. It's stupid.

Once my little sister gets out of college I won't feel too bad about changing, but right now she is broke and needs all the money she can get
you should be able to just add the $20 unlimited data charge for the plan and have it intact. i would call and bitch to them, that sounds like BS. you should be able to just buy it, plug it in, and add the data plan through iTunes.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM
you should be able to just add the $20 unlimited data charge for the plan and have it intact. i would call and bitch to them, that sounds like BS. you should be able to just buy it, plug it in, and add the data plan through iTunes.

I already told her ' look I'm actually willing to pay more just to keep the plan I have (because it works out to be $10 more a month)', but she says that iphones only are compatable with 3 plans, and 3 plans only, and that you don't even activate them in the store, you do it online so the computer will automatically bill you for whatever plan you are on. The thing I have with my sisters requires a minimum of 3 people on it ( I think it's a plan we are grandfathered in to) and if I get an iphone I have to switch and it f's up everyone.

Shelly
02-14-2008, 05:17 PM

We have the family talk plan too. 700 minutes with rolleover. We have like 6000+ minutes now. We get 200 texts each and my son gets 400. When my husband got his iPhone (his is the head phone) when it came out, our plan only when up the $20. I got one in Dec and same thing. When I activated my phone through iTunes, the only options (I believe) were the $20 for unlimited internet and 200 texts or you could pay more for 1000 texts or something like that.

That being said...i heart my phone!

02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
My wife has the "head phone" and I was able to add my iPhone for only the extra $20 added to our plan. Someone is selling you a load of crap.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
We have the family talk plan too. 700 minutes with rolleover. We have like 6000+ minutes now. We get 200 texts each and my son gets 400. When my husband got his iPhone (his is the head phone) when it came out, our plan only when up the $20. I got one in Dec and same thing. When I activated my phone through iTunes, the only options (I believe) were the $20 for unlimited internet and 200 texts or you could pay more for 1000 texts or something like that.

That being said...i heart my phone!

that is good to know. I think the girl I talked to on the phone had no idea what I was talking about.

Supreme_Being
02-14-2008, 08:51 PM
eBay has lots of unlocked iPhones for sale.