PDA

View Full Version : Work with the Wolves

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
If you hated the Ricky Davis suggestion, this is even more uncomfortable.

Antoine Walker would like to be traded to a contender.

They have a ton of guards.

Marko Jaric and Gerald Green both have potential and a desire to expand their games.

And shot-blocking fossil PF/C Theo Ratliff has an expiring $11.6 million salary slot.

I read somewhere that the Wolves would look to deal.

Can we work something out with them?

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Gerald Green? Sure

Marko Jarik, no thanks makes a ton of money and we already have 3 Point guards

Antoine Walker is just horrid.

Theo Ratliff would be ok if he could actually still play.

jag
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I dont see why so many people are suggesting SG/SF trades...

I like the idea of Ratliff, are problem is matching up with big men...since when did we need a new SG?

Ghost Writer
02-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Wow.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but you have to give to get, y'know?

I could stomach taking A. Walker off their hands as our de facto old, tall 3-point gunner (think Bonner with passion) if we could snare G. Green and/or Ratliff somehow.

Ratliff could really help inside in the playoffs. Contract is awesome.

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Ratliff would help if he actually still played.

Antoine Walker, I want nothing to do with.

Gerald Green I'd be more than willing to get him.

Think JR Smith without the apparent attitude problem.

I like the idea of Ratliff, are problem is matching up with big men...since when did we need a new SG?

Since when two of them are retiring this offseason, not many good ones in the Free agent pool are available, and the ones that will be, the Spurs won't have the cap space to go after em.

J.T.
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Cuz the last thing we need is to let Walker piggyback on another ring.

remingtonbo2001
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I think Ratliff is done.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
This is getting embarrassing.

baseline bum
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Marco Jaric would never work here. His chick is too fucking hot, and would draw all the media attention away from Eva.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Ratliff could really help inside in the playoffs. Contract is awesome.

Point out the $11.7 million in salaries that the Spurs would send out without gutting the roster.

I'll wait.

And if you want Ratliff and Walker, please identify the $20,213,666 in salaries you're intending to ship out, again without gutting the roster.

Finally, please show your work by explaining why the T'Wolves would take the players you propose to send out.

Thanks!

Dex
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Did the Spurs go 3-6 on the RRT instead of 6-3, or did I miss something?

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM

I suspect that you missed the long ago forays into GhostWriter's nearly-constant need for blockbuster trades.

T Park
02-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Did the Spurs discover someone on the roster can guard Andrew Bynum and Shaq?

Flo-Rida
02-14-2008, 06:05 PM
:lol :lol at this dude wanting Antoine Walker

AFBlue
02-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Did someone say Antoine Walker had passion!?!?!

This is a guy that has consistently shown up out of shape and unwilling to work on his game. He has decent talent, but is not worth his enormous salary or the headaches.

Mr. Body
02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
OUCH. No way. Only Gomes, Brewer, and Jefferson would I want from that roster. The rest is garbage.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
:lol
:tu

dg7md
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
OUCH. No way. Only Gomes, Brewer, and Jefferson would I want from that roster. The rest is garbage.

Foye? McCants? Telfair? Don't forget about Bucker, he's a pretty nice defender.

NO to Walker. You're kidding me if you want Walker on our team.

T Park
02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Greg Buckner? Uh no thanks.

bigfan
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Walker? Buckner? I will turn into a fuckin Mavs fan if we sign any of these turds.

Holt's Cat
02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
:lol Antoine :lol Walker :lol.

Holt's Cat
02-14-2008, 06:57 PM
The p@int is to get better, Ghost.

Popd@mn.

:cooldevil

manufor3
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
:tu

exstatic
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
This goes WAY back, but Tim fucking hates Walker, from their college days. No way that shit happens.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd only take Jaric from them. He played greatly as point guard in Italy with Manu along him, they were an amazing 1-2 punch combo.

However, I don't see that happening, Vaughn is a better defender than Jaric, and Pop would probably send Jaric into the doghouse after his 10th defensive assigment missed. And who'd the Spurs send for Jaric? Barry? I don't think the salaries match.

Antoine Walker? I'd rather have Elson. Enough said.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh, and Jaric dates Adriana Lima. That would add yet another reason to watch Spurs games. :worthy:

Obstructed_View
02-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Why aren't the Spurs making a trade just to make a trade? Fuck championships, fuck logic, I just want player movement so I can watch the story on ESPN.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 12:27 AM
:lol

If Casper was a Lakers fan, he'd be bent that they hadn't yet topped the Gasol deal.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Actually, Ratliff is practising and set to come back after the ASB.

Only guy on that team we could get that I'd touch is Gomes.

mob
02-15-2008, 12:38 AM
why is ghost making up all these stupid trades up?

ban him

K-State Spur
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Did someone say Antoine Walker had passion!?!?!

This is a guy that has consistently shown up out of shape and unwilling to work on his game. He has decent talent, but is not worth his enormous salary or the headaches.

He also likes to take (a lot) of shots away from the guys on the team who should be taking them.

He'll take contested 3s with Tim open on the block or while Manu and Tony are cutting to the hoop.

I'd rather play have a nasty rash on my ass than Walker anywhere near the Spurs' roster.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-15-2008, 12:42 AM

ban him

Whose troll are you? :lmao

mob
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM
whotts

remingtonbo2001
02-15-2008, 01:09 AM
whotts

I didn't know we were taking sides.

sabar
02-15-2008, 04:37 AM
I can't wait for the trade deadline so these ideas can die until resigning/free agency.

JPB
02-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Why would the wolves trade Ratliff and his big expiring contract ?

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2008, 08:16 AM
why dont we target AJ instead of these scrubs

genomefreak13
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I'd take Theo ratliff. I'm desperate for a defending big man. I just hope he could bring quality minutes for the spurs, unlike those brought by elson.

Walker is a terrible defender. We don't need him to score, we have enough scorer as long as we keep healthy. He's just another hole in the middle - if not a target practice...

If they can bring green in the roster that would also be ok. This would add youth to the team. But, I'm a little hesitant on acquiring him , since he might bring chemistry problems for the spurs. He wants out of Minnesota because of little playing time, if he plays along finley and manu, I don't think he would have more playing time than what he had in Minnesota.

MajorMike
02-15-2008, 09:25 AM
I'd take Green in a heartbeat. He's, what, 19? 20? Saw the kid in HS and he has amazing potential. He's one of the pieces that took the KG trade so long - Minne wanted him and Boston wanted to keep him. For him to learn under Pop and have real, no kidding VET leadership to take under him under their wing (only thing he has ever has was Pierce who is known to not like to teach young players) and GG could be a real amazing player.

As much as I like barry I'd also trade him straight uop for Jaric in a second.

No, no, and no to Walker. Timmy can't stand him from back in the day.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/GameAction/19960323WakeForest.jpg

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Fvck you guys.

You want to stand pat, then fine.

It's easy for you to p1ss on potential trade scenarios from your ivory tower.

I am not a Walker fan, but guess what?

Sometimes you have to take someone's sh1t in order to get quality.

I think Green and Ratliff could really help our team.

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Hell, since the Lake show is now the favorite on paper, let's just trade out all the Spurs for all the Lakers. With the exception, we get to keep TD and Lakers get to keep Fisher.

Makes sense to me... :bang :bang :bang

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Come up with some other options to improve or STFU.

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 09:39 AM

ban him

Must have OCD. Not gonna be happy till the Spurs make a trade...any trade...just to keep up with all the trades the other teams have made/are making/may be planning on making/wish they could make.....

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 09:45 AM
No, d1ckhead.

If you actually read my posts in between felating each other, you'd see that I would like to make a trade to bolster our frontcourt and/or the swingman spot.

If you haven't noticed, our rivals have been busy.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Come up with some other options to improve or STFU.

So someone who doesn't think that a deal improves the Spurs -- or someone who thinks that the Spurs might actually be okay to stand pat -- just shouldn't bother responding to anything that you write? To dare suggest that your proposals might not be, erm, good for the club?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
No, FWD.

It's just aggravating that the homers don't take the time to read or understand a differing POV.

I could see if the Spurs were ever able to bring in a quality player via free agency.

Make a trade and secure something... doesn't have to be a star at all!

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 09:59 AM
We have 31 games left to play before playoffs begin. Just how well could any player assimilate into the scheme in that short amount of games?

The only pickup I would even half assed go with would be a big center that can aggressively root with Shaq, Bynum, and Yao. And depending on who we had to give up, I'm not even sure I would do that. Having players that KNOW the scheme might be more advantageous than having someone who is still "flying by the seat of his pants" on the floor. Playoffs is not time to hold "boot camp" for a newbie.

The only thing that really makes sense in a trade at this point in time, is if the FO is already looking forward to next years roster and luck out and get someone that will fill a need then, while making a small contribution now.

If that doesn't happen, I'm perfectly willing to go to battle with the players we have now, especially with a healthy Tony back on the court.

Keep in mind the amount of playoff experience on this team, not to mention that Duncan puts it in high gear come playoff time, and I think no matter what trades other teams make "to knock off the Spurs", we don't need to panic and make a trade ourselves. If we win it all again....great... If we don't...it's not the end of the world and there will be 28 other teams sitting in the same boat.

genomefreak13
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
We have 31 games left to play before playoffs begin. Just how well could any player assimilate into the scheme in that short amount of games?

The only pickup I would even half assed go with would be a big center that can aggressively root with Shaq, Bynum, and Yao. And depending on who we had to give up, I'm not even sure I would do that. Having players that KNOW the scheme might be more advantageous than having someone who is still "flying by the seat of his pants" on the floor. Playoffs is not time to hold "boot camp" for a newbie.

The only thing that really makes sense in a trade at this point in time, is if the FO is already looking forward to next years roster and luck out and get someone that will fill a need then, while making a small contribution now.

If that doesn't happen, I'm perfectly willing to go to battle with the players we have now, especially with a healthy Tony back on the court.

Keep in mind the amount of playoff experience on this team, not to mention that Duncan puts it in high gear come playoff time, and I think no matter what trades other teams make "to knock off the Spurs", we don't need to panic and make a trade ourselves. If we win it all again....great... If we don't...it's not the end of the world and there will be 28 other teams sitting in the same boat.

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant Though , I still hope we could have someone to guard the middle or get the rebounds off the hands of shaq.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 10:09 AM

With all due respect, your mentality sucks and wreaks of the complacency of most homers and the front office.

Look at the trades that were just made.

Gasol seems to be assimilating just fine.

We're at the All-Star Break.

Plenty of time.

Someday soon, when Duncan is retired and the Spurs have been relegated to Milwaukee Bucks status (perpetually in the draft), you'll wish the front office did more to capitalize on the great fortune of a couple #1 all-franchise draft picks.

I have no faith in the front office bringing in talent via a trade or free agency, because they simply have not demonstrated an ability to do so.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 10:16 AM
No, FWD.

It's just aggravating that the homers don't take the time to read or understand a differing POV.

I could see if the Spurs were ever able to bring in a quality player via free agency.

I read and understand your point of view, I just fundamentally disagree with it. I don't have any problem arguing about that with you but I don't understand why you insist on telling those who disagree with you to STFU.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
No, FWD.

The Spurs have brought in quality players via free agency. Your problem is that you expect every single free agent to be a 23 year old budding superstar. Or an old ass has been chucker.

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 10:52 AM
With all due respect, your mentality sucks and wreaks of the complacency of most homers and the front office.

My mental state is fine, thank you. As for complacency of the front office, well, all I can say is they have done a pretty damn good job over the pat 10 years. You do remember there are 4 NBA Championship trophys sitting there, don't you? Have you ever heard "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"? Or maybe you would rather have a FO like the Knicks who just toss $$$ after $$$ trying to "buy" a winner, only to fall flat on their faces. That should satisfy your compulsion for "trades".

We're at the All-Star Break.

Plenty of time.

Yeah, sure. Udoka has been around since the start of the season, and he still doesn't have it all down and they say he is a quick study. So certainly 31 games, with little time for practice should be enough for a guy to "get it all down".

I have no faith in the front office bringing in talent via a trade or free agency, because they simply have not demonstrated an ability to do so.

This FO that you "have no faith in" have found Tony Parker and Manu Ginoboli IIRC. And in doing so they "stole" two fucking All-Stars. They also found a guy that should have two DPOY trophys in his case. Seems to me they have done fairly well. They have Splitter and Ian coming in. Looks to me like the FO is way ahead of you in keeping the Spurs a competitive unit. And you want to talk about "when Duncan has retired"? Look in your crystal ball and let us know "exactly when" that may be. And while you're there, see what "scrub" they plan on replacing him with. Might as well see who the new coach is gonna be while you're at it, since we all know when Tim goes Pop goes.

And as to Gasol. Yeah, if there are any more "freebies" out there with his talent, certainly I would take that. Problem is, they don't just come along every day. He is the exception to the rule. Of all the trades made/trying to be made, to combat the Spurs, this is the only one that makes any sense at all.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I read and understand your point of view, I just fundamentally disagree with it. I don't have any problem arguing about that with you but I don't understand why you insist on telling those who disagree with you to STFU.

He's a NYC area sports fan. Mindless bitching is second nature. Not to mention that behind his superfluous vulgarity is a scared little baby who has no clue how the Spurs have won 4 championships.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:02 AM
The Spurs have brought in quality players via free agency. Your problem is that you expect every single free agent to be a 23 year old budding superstar. Or an old ass has been chucker.
Wrong.

Name some quality free agents that the front office has brought in, please.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:03 AM
He's a NYC area sports fan. Mindless bitching is second nature. Not to mention that behind his superfluous vulgarity is a scared little baby who has no clue how the Spurs have won 4 championships.
Go fvck yourself.

I treat others the way that I am treated.

It's a shame the Spurs have won only 4 titles with Duncan and Robinson before him.

The front office can only attract old retirees and waiver wire castoffs.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Wrong.

How so? You certainly don't call Stone Oak your home.

Name some quality free agents that the front office has brought in, please.

Duncan (twice)
Parker
Ginobili
Finley
Jack
DAnderson
Barry
Horry

for starters.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Go fvck yourself.

I treat others the way that I am treated.

Perhaps off the forum you are treated like that. On the forum, you only get thrown back at you what you dish out.

It's a shame the Spurs have won only 4 titles with Duncan and Robinson before him.

So? That's life. You're not going to win it every year.

The front office can only attract old retirees and waiver wire castoffs.

Maybe that's because they've had limited cap room in most years and most superstar level free agents aren't going to come to San Antonio to share the spotlight with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:09 AM
:wtf

The Spurs have won the NBA championship in 3 out of the last 5 seasons and were 0.4* and Dirk's wrist away from 5 in a row. Where's the fucking crisis? What a fucking douche.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I just want the front office to show me that they are really committed to winning titles by making even a modest deal to improve our interior defense or inject the rotation with more athletic scoring from the 3.

We don't need a blockbuster.

Just a deal that shows we're committed to winning now.

I'd hate to squander a chance in the playoffs and not get anyone to shore up the same weaknesses this summer.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I just want the front office to show me that they are really committed to winning titles by making even a modest deal to improve our interior defense or inject the rotation with more athletic scoring from the 3.

They just won their 3rd title in 5 years without that great athletic scorer at the 3.

They've carried a payroll that's been bumping up against the lux tax threshold and they spent a fair amount to keep Parker and Ginobili in SA.

We don't need a blockbuster.

Just a deal that shows we're committed to winning now.

So they don't need a "blockbuster", but they need a deal that "shows"? Who gives a fuck about showing anything? You don't make trades to show the fans anything. You make trades that make sense when it comes to winning championships. What do you know about winning championships that the front office leadership of the San Antonio Spurs do not?

I'd hate to squander a chance in the playoffs and not get anyone to shore up the same weaknesses this summer.

You think the Spurs want to squander another title opportunity? What's in it for them not to try to win another?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Yawn.

You wanna stand pat?

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Sure, when trading means giving up someone who can help you win a title today for Gerald Green and his 33% shooting from the field.

I thought you were about winning championships, not making trades just for the sake of making trades.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Sure, when trading means giving up someone who can help you win a title today for Gerald Green and his 33% shooting from the field.

I thought you were about winning championships, not making trades just for the sake of making trades.
You would rather Barry and Elson than Green and Ratliff?

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
You would rather Barry and Elson than Green and Ratliff?

Sure. At least Barry can help the Spurs win a title this year. Theo Ratliff isn't exactly the same Theo Ratliff you remember from 7 years ago.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:35 AM
OK. Fair enough.

I think Ratliff can still play some D and intimidate around the hoop.

G. Green has the potential to be special.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:38 AM
If Ratliff can even fully recover from his knee injury. Plus the Wolves are going to get a better offer if they are willing to take back a contract in a trade.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:39 AM
G. Green has the potential to be special.

Lloyd Daniels had the potential to be special. Potential doesn't win championships and that is why the Spurs build out their supporting cast with proven vets.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Also, who exactly would the Spurs be moving to land Ratliff? Barry + Elson won't get it done. The Spurs would have to send out more. For a player who's coming off a knee injury.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm prepared to offer more if we can get immediate help.

There's a lot of hidden gems on that Wolves team.

Collectively, they suck, but if you integrate a couple of those players on a championship-caliber team like the Spurs, you could really have something.

P.S.

Please don't argue against getting a little younger.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm prepared to offer more if we can get immediate help.

What "immediate help"? Ratliff who's coming off a knee injury, hasn't played since November, and whose major trade value is that he can help a team clear up to $12 million in cap room? Gerald Green, who is currently shooting 33% from the field?

There's a lot of hidden gems on that Wolves team.

Collectively, they suck, but if you integrate a couple of those players on a championship-caliber team like the Spurs, you could really have something.

Like who? Who?

P.S.

Please don't argue against getting a little younger.

Fuck younger. Let's get better.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Dude, stand pat.

I'll continue to hope the Spurs make something happen.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
If making something happen consists of trading for Ratliff or Green I hope the Spurs stand pat. Why the fucking rush to make a trade that makes the team worse off? Are you retarded?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
You're entitled to your opinion.

I like Ratliff better than Elson and would like to be able to groom a G. Green.

I like R. Gomes, too.

And as disturbing as it seems, the Spurs wrote the book on 3-point shooting PFs like Walker.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, the Giants mortgaged their future to bring in Eli Manning. You guys see the Super Bowl?

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
You're entitled to your opinion.

I like Ratliff better than Elson and would like to be able to groom a G. Green.

I like R. Gomes, too.

I'm sure the Wolves do too. Why exactly are they going to gift him to the Spurs?

And as disturbing as it seems, the Spurs wrote the book on 3-point shooting PFs like Walker.

It's disturbing that you think Walker falls in that tradition.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, the Giants mortgaged their future to bring in Eli Manning. You guys see the Super Bowl?

Did you see last year in Cleveland, middle of June?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Did you see last year in Cleveland, middle of June?
Yeah. Apparently the front office felt that time would stand still and no other teams would improve.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah. Apparently the front office felt that time would stand still and no other teams would improve.

Or perhaps they just won a title and no worthwhile trade opportunities presented themselves? What great moves have they passed on, genius?

Obstructed_View
02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
The Spurs are still the class of the NBA. Making a trade just to make a trade is stupid, and taking chances on huge contracts or ball hogging team destroyers is even more stupid. The Spurs got Mighty Mouse without having to give anything up and are two games out of first place with the finals MVP on the sideline. Unbunch your fucking panties and shut up.