PDA

View Full Version : Is TNT going to pull the remaining Miami Heat games, from their schedule?

carib
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Miami is the worst team in the league and now that Shaq is gone they did not get any better or worse, I would say they are in the same spot or rank in the NBA. National TV is all about rating and the Heat will not do TNT rating any good.

I say give more air time to the Champs whom ever that may be.

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Well they cant really pull the game tonight seeing as no one else is playing :lol

Doubtfull. The only games I see that get switched are sunday afternoon games.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Well they cant really pull the game tonight seeing as no one else is playing :lol

Doubtfull. The only games I see that get switched are sunday afternoon games.

Tough to pull games that are scheduled for Thursday nights on TNT, since there are generally only 2 (or sometimes 3) games scheduled for those nights. It would be virtually impossible to reschedule games involving better teams without violating the other scheduling rules.

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah, pretty much what I said, but in a more intelligent and thought filled way :lol

Pretty much why I just say "I defer to____" alot.

ancestron
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
:wrongf

carib
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
TNT has Miami (4) times and the Spurs (1).

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Then you will more than likely see Miami on 4 more TNT games.

Nothin you can do about it.

I'm sure back in July and August they didn't think the Heat would be this bad.

carib
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Then you will more than likely see Miami on 4 more TNT games.

Nothin you can do about it.

I'm sure back in July and August they didn't think the Heat would be this bad.

I say reward the Champs each, year give them more national TV time.

baseline bum
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I thought the third game every Thursday was TNT's safety slot for a situation just like this. Wade's a huge draw though, so maybe we won't see too many Miami games pulled.

T Park
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I say reward the Champs each, year give them more national TV time.

When the champs can pull in big numbers then they will.

The Spurs don't.

I don't care nor like it, but its business.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
TNT has Miami (4) times and the Spurs (1).

Not counting tonight's appearance, Miami is on TNT on 2/21, 2/28, and 3/27.

On 2/21, the TNT games are Miami at Houston and Portland at Seattle. There is an additional game that night, San Antonio at Minnesota. TNT could, conceivably, move the SA v. MIN game to its network (assuming the NBA would permit it) but I'd think that Yao v. Wade is a better ratings draw than Duncan v. Jefferson.

ON 2/28, the TNT games are Dallas at San Antonio and Miami at LA Lakers. There is an additional game that night, Milwaukee at New Jersey. There's no chance TNT misses out on the Lakers, particularly when the option is two lottery-bound teams in the East.

On 3/27, the TNT games are Miami at Detroit and Portland at Golden State. Now, there is an additional game that night, Dallas at Denver and I could see that TNT might try to pick up that game instead of the Miami at Detroit game, but even that seems unlikely.

leemajors
02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
The comma was not needed.

Spurminator
02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
The comma was not needed.

:lol

After years of mouse threads I don't even notice the overused commas anymore.