PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili (a thread for NON Spurs fans)

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 10:23 PM
What do you non Spurs fans think of him (aside from the flopping)

I'm curious to see if he does have the respect from other teams fans or if he's seen as a second tier scorer.

just curious;

himat
02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
The flopping can get irritating, but besides that he I think he is one of the most successful players/improved players for the last few years.

For some reason Tony Parker is the one who annoys me. I have no idea why, but he annoys me. I thought his Finals MVP was a joke and if Duncan were to lose one of his Final MVP awards he should of got one in 07 and not in 05. Ginobili deserved that one.

JamStone
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
My second favorite player to watch compete after Allen Iverson. I think he's amazing.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I had some nice words for you JamStone in the Manu thread in the Spurs section

:tu

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
The flopping can get irritating, but besides that he I think he is one of the most successful players/improved players for the last few years.

For some reason Tony Parker is the one who annoys me. I have no idea why, but he annoys me. I thought his Finals MVP was a joke and if Duncan were to lose one of his Final MVP awards he should of got one in 07 and not in 05. Ginobili deserved that one.

:lol :lol

tony parker annoys me too sometimes, but I def. wish he'd get back in a hurry

himat
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM

tony parker annoys me too sometimes, but I def. wish he'd get back in a hurry

Do you even know why??

Because I have no clue why he irritates me sometimes.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
He's a great player who always seems to come up huge on the big stage.

That said, guy flops around more than the Azzurri.

JamStone
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I had some nice words for you JamStone in the Manu thread in the Spurs section

Thanks. Appreciated.

And, it's Tony Parker's voice, the accent. And, even when he plays and is not talking, you just can't stop hearing his voice when you see him on the court.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm gonna get flamed big time by other Spurs fans for this but I just feel Tony is a little bit one dimensional. If you take away his penetration (by packing the lane, as a lot of teams do) then he's got nothing. Yeah, his jumper has improved, but he's only a notch above Vaughn when it comes to hitting the jumper.

Since he isn't a "true PG" he isn't gonna be effective without being able to get into the lane. I also HATED seeing him waltzing into an arena with the Spurs championship shirt on prior to game 1 of the playoffs. That wasn't Spur-like at all.

BUT, my appreciation for him has skyrocketed during his absence because I do realize how much he really does mean to the team.

He also might get maligned (even unfairly) by other Spurs fans (such as myself), but I just get irritated when his penetration is taken away and he is rendered useless for 48 minutes.

Matchman
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
I fear Manu more than TParker

MajicMan
02-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Manu could easily be "the guy" on another team but he's a team player, selfless, and a very exciting player to watch. That being said his flopping both offensively and defensively is weak pussy shit. Fucken annoying as hell if you're the opposition and he gets away with it. I agree with the other poster that commentators need to stfu about Eva. She's aite but she ain't no Scarlett Johanson or Angelina Jolie. She won't take all of her clothes off either so just stop talking about her.

samikeyp
02-14-2008, 10:42 PM

That's what he gets for playing in Italy. :lol

02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
That's what he gets for playing in Italy. :lol

He played for Bologna, which is only a half an hour away from where my family is from.

Every time I go there, some guinea always asks me if I know Ginobili. Never fails.

himat
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna get flamed big time by other Spurs fans for this but I just feel Tony is a little bit one dimensional. If you take away his penetration (by packing the lane, as a lot of teams do) then he's got nothing. Yeah, his jumper has improved, but he's only a notch above Vaughn when it comes to hitting the jumper.

J Kidd can't shoot
Nash can get mugged on defense
Chauncey can't run a fast break (that's why you always see him shoot a pull up 3 even if its a 3 on 1 break)

himat
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Yes Manu flops at times but he doesn't flop that much anymore. If he was such a huge flopper at the defensive end how did he only rank 31st in the Nba for taking charges last year? Nash and Bell are 10 times the flopper that Manu is!

I think it's more on offense, but I only watch the Spurs when they face Detroit or if they are facing a very good team.

dirk4mvp
02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
biggest heart in the leauge. maybe the most competetive too.

02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
biggest heart in the leauge. maybe the most competetive too.

AI is the guy I think plays with the biggest heart, but MG is right up there.

LakeShow
02-14-2008, 11:00 PM
What do you non Spurs fans think of him (aside from the flopping)

I'm curious to see if he does have the respect from other teams fans or if he's seen as a second tier scorer.

just curious;

He's a Pussy!

That aside he is a very good player but he throws alot of elbows and gets away with it.

remingtonbo2001
02-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I think the hair really embelished Manu's flops.

Without the hair, his flops aren't as convincing.

pking
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Aside from the the flopping, I love the guy. I think he's got an odd looking shot and sometimes he's just way out of control, but he's super fun to watch and seems more passionate about the game than most players.

LakeShow
02-14-2008, 11:07 PM
what defines a pussy? playing injured? Coming off the bench? Getting the beat shit of him against Denver and Seattle in 2005 and playing through it? Being the actual finals MvP in 2005? Do everything for the betterment of the team? Never complaining to the Media?

Naw, he's a pussy for laying out on the floor like he was dying when Kobe bitch slapped him.

DazedAndConfused
02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Great player. His biggest strength is his heart and mental toughness. He wants to win as badly as anyone and will do whatever it takes on both ends of the floor. Very few players in the league have that killer instinct.

himat
02-14-2008, 11:09 PM
AI is the guy I think plays with the biggest heart, but MG is right up there.

:toast

A year ago I would say Ben too. Even though he left the Pistons in a negative way I feel bad for him.

Road Warrior
02-14-2008, 11:13 PM
You shouldn't get criticized for saying that. When you're right you're right and I agree with you. Tony is one-demensional and thats why he struggles with the more physical teams that don't let him just waltz through the lane. When teams teams let him penetrate he wins Finals MVP but when they don't he's got nothing. With Tony it's kind of an all or nothing type of deal.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 11:15 PM
You shouldn't get criticized for saying that. When your right your right and I agree with you. Tony is one-demensional and thats why he struggles with the more physical teams that don't let him just waltz through the lane. When teams teams let him penetrate he wins Finals MVP but when they don't he's got nothing. With Tony it's kind of an all or nothing type of deal.

JamStone
02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Amusedday ... see man ... I told you that shit was crazy long. Don't know if you had the patience to go through much of it.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I JUST finished reading it, so good timing.

It's a lot to sift through, but I wish there was a way to paste it here, because you bring up some excellent points.

I think in terms of pure basketball talent, Mcgrady > Manu

but like you said, it's Manu's heart and determination that really gets the two to become very comparable

Also that Nitro guy is a moron. Manu is a third wheel and a role player? uhh what??

The Spurs wouldn't have any rings from 2005 or 2007 had it not been for Manu, and had it not been for his steal at midcourt from R. jefferson, we easily could've been looking at a game 7 in the 2003 finals.

You were also spot on about the team being 1a 1b and 1c in terms of options on offense for SA. I actually PREFER Manu taking the final shot over TD, because he can hit from outside and inside.

I feel that TD would just get hammered in the post with a no call at the buzzer. (refs hardly call fouls with 5 seconds or less left, so I think we're better off with manu creating his own shot in that situation)

I'm also gonna say this:

Manu would get the rockets past the first round. He may go through inconsistency periods, but he would have a fourth quarter outburst and at least let them see rd. 2. I also think he's a FAR better passer than T Mac. The Nitro was making T-Mac come off as John Stockton with his ability to play PG, but I don't buy it. I mean, Fabricio Oberto probably owes his career to Ginobili, whereas T-Mac probably hurts Yao more than helps him. He's the wrong player in the wrong system.

The thread you posted in was a great read :tu

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Basically, I think it's gotten to the point where Mcgrady's rep has exceeded his skill level.

At least for this season.

I also have a LOT of beefs with several of the top 10 at each position lists on that forum :lol

JamStone
02-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice. I'm impressed. Don't know if I could have gotten through it if I hadn't been part of the discussion. But, hey, I am a Manu slappy. Love watching that guy play.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 11:31 PM
It was a great discussion, and Nitro had some decent points, but he sold Manu way way way too short.

I mean, if he still thinks of Manu as a third wheel and a role player, it's gonna be very hard to convince him that he's better than T-Mac, or even making it a debatable argument. To him it's an argument of a roleplayer vs a player who has gotten 2 scoring titles and an ice pack for his back.

Road Warrior
02-14-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll take Manu over this guy any day.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m160/bobbyt207/avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif

JamStone
02-14-2008, 11:41 PM
You may have seen that Nitro and I started the discussion because I placed Manu Ginobili 4th on my rankings of shooting guards, after Kobe, Iverson, Wade and ahead of T-Mac and Joe Johnson. That's how much of a Manu slappy I am I guess. But, since Nitro is a Rockets fan, I guess it was two biased people going at it.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2008, 11:45 PM
You may have seen that Nitro and I started the discussion because I placed Manu Ginobili 4th on my rankings of shooting guards, after Kobe, Iverson, Wade and ahead of T-Mac and Joe Johnson. That's how much of a Manu slappy I am I guess. But, since Nitro is a Rockets fan, I guess it was two biased people going at it.

Yeah, I noticed he was a Rockets fan, but considering how injury prone T-Mac and after his complete failure to deliver anything close to a championship, I'm surprised Rocket fans support T-Mac the way that they do.

I think putting him at #4 is a pretty solid spot for Manu. My biggest gripes with his game are his turnovers, and the fact that he does play a little bit up and down at times.

O-Factor
02-14-2008, 11:46 PM
There sure is a lack of Suns fans in this thread. I'd like to hear their thoughts.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I used to really disliked when Manu used to flop a lot. I felt like he didn't need to do it as much as he used to. But, in the last couple seasons, he's done it far far less than he used to. While he's done it less, I still think he reverts to it sometimes when the game is against quality comp and it's a pretty heated atmosphere. That's one of the very few things I dislike about Manu. Thank goodness he doesn't flop nearly as much as he used to.

stxspurs
02-15-2008, 12:22 AM
She's aite but she ain't no Scarlett Johanson or Angelina Jolie. She won't take all of her clothes off either so just stop talking about her.

i strongly concur

word
02-15-2008, 01:41 AM

I know why he irritates me when he does and it has jack to do with his attitude or Eva. It's when he drives the lane with no where to go and/or jumps in the air looking to pass when there is no place to pass. Since he developed that mid jumper he's a LOT less irritating than he used to be.

Manu irritates me when he plays out of control, makes bad passes and poor decisions. It seem like he does it more frequently than anyone else but he also has the ball more frequently than anyone else.

They all irritate me at one time or another. I could personally kill Jacque Vauhan and his spurstalk apologists. I could kill the Manu apologists. Manu just happens to be really good at the same extreme he can be really bad.

While they can all piss me off at any given moment, I have to sit back and realize what they have done which is pretty remarkable.

BonnerDynasty
02-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Manu could easily be "the guy" on another team but he's a team player, selfless, and a very exciting player to watch. That being said his flopping both offensively and defensively is weak pussy shit. Fucken annoying as hell if you're the opposition and he gets away with it. I agree with the other poster that commentators need to stfu about Eva. She's aite but she ain't no Scarlett Johanson or Angelina Jolie. She won't take all of her clothes off either so just stop talking about her.

You can say he flops a lot, he does.

But he is probably one of the to toughest mf'ers in the NBA.

The harder you hit him, the harder he plays.

Fillmoe
02-15-2008, 03:57 AM
hes a bum...

Fillmoe
02-15-2008, 04:25 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/25yyirm.gif

SpursFan0728
02-15-2008, 05:14 AM
:elephant

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2008, 05:58 AM
I will say that the shit he tried pulling during the celtics was beyond inexplicable.

If he had just shot it normally, he might've had a chance to force OT........but instead......ugh

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 06:33 AM
I will say that the shit he tried pulling during the celtics was beyond inexplicable.

If he had just shot it normally, he might've had a chance to force OT........but instead......ugh
yeah, that was dumb.

Even the most blatant homer, couldn't rationalize that one. But whatever, no big deal really.
Just as long as he doesn't make that same mistake twice in a future situation.

diego
02-15-2008, 07:40 AM

the "melo is a bitch" thread is a couple pages back, since he hasnt done anything noteworthy it got a little lost. if you need help i'll find it for you.

phyzik
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
well, since there was talk about Tony being annoying but not knowinmg why, I'll tell you why he annoys me....

It irks the shit out of me that he always seems to be focusing more on drawing the foul than actually making the fucking shot when he drives... sometimes I wish I could reach into the TV and choke his ass.

nkdlunch
02-15-2008, 09:34 AM
In the 4th quarter, Manu is top 5 player in the league. And the best thing is the bigger the game, the bigger he plays unlike many other stars who choke(nowitzki,Tmac,etc)

regarding Tony, he does annoy me as well. But what annoys me is that sometimes he does not pass the ball, he just dribbles and dribbles. and when the paint is closed, he still thinks he can penetrate. a little one dimensional. but besides that he is a great PG

Kriz-Maxima
02-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I love Manu, my favorite non piston after Kobe. I didn't used to like him, especially in 05, but after watching him these couple of years he has won me over. He is smart, exciting, hard working and a very good all around player. From him, i dont mind the flopping.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
When Manu does that little pump fake from the 3-point line, waits for his defender to leave his feet and then lunges forward into an awkward shot to draw a foul, do you guys consider that a flop?

JamStone
02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
When Manu does that little pump fake from the 3-point line, waits for his defender to leave his feet and then lunges forward into an awkward shot to draw a foul, do you guys consider that a flop?

Case-by-case basis. If the defender falls for it and puts himself in position to foul Manu, it looks like a smart play. When the defender jumps straight up into the air with the principle of verticality and Manu tries to force contact by throwing his body into the defender, then I'd be more likely to call it a flop or flail.

himat
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
This has been a tough debate. Who has the best backcourt in the league? Detroit or SA?

JamStone
02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
This has been a tough debate. Who has the best backcourt in the league? Detroit or SA?

Tony and Manu are better.

himat
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tony and Manu are better.

I would disagree. Chauncey and Rip are better defenders and sometimes we forget to look on that side. Offensively I would give the edge to SA because they have two very good penetrators. Chauncey and Rip are better shooters and in the post, but SA's penetration is very good.

02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Chauncey and Rip are overrated as defenders.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Thats why it kinda evens out, because Manu and Parker or more penetrate and finsih or dish, and Chauncey and Rip I'd say are more of a jumpshooting tandem, but Ginobili and Parker also have jumpshooting in their arsenal, as well as Billups and Hamilton have the ability to penetrate and finish or dish.
We need a Finals rematch.

himat
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Chauncey and Rip are overrated as defenders.

Chauncey is, but not Rip. Rip has never made an all defensive team even though he is better at defense than Chauncey. Even if they are overrated I think our backcourt is better defensively than San Antonio's. It evens out though because SA's penetration can drive opponents crazy.

Ryvin1
02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Ok I love Manu, but the part of his game I have problem with is his high risk - low reward plays.. when he tries crazy passes like no - look through 3 defenders to give someone a look at a long outside jumper, behind the back dribbles at half-court and he loses the ball when he could just go to his other side, or overplays on defense where he goes for the steal and leave an open lane or leave his man who then get a easy layup... High risk- high reward I can live with, but when he forces a turnover when even if he was successful the pass would be in a bad spot sucks.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I think Manu is a better defender than Rip. And, I think Chauncey is slow laterally on defense. I wouldn't agree that Chauncey and Rip are better defenders.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Case-by-case basis. If the defender falls for it and puts himself in position to foul Manu, it looks like a smart play. When the defender jumps straight up into the air with the principle of verticality and Manu tries to force contact by throwing his body into the defender, then I'd be more likely to call it a flop or flail.
I remember MJ and Cassell would do that all the time, and I'd later see Kobe and Wade do it, (Wade would even be guilty of getting the defender up and creating contact laterally)
but now I've seen the officials actually putting an effort into calling whether the jumpshooter is going into the defenders space.

Trainwreck2100
02-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Didn't they change the rule this year, so that now a defender can jump straight up and is entitled to that space, si there is no foul.

stretch
02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Manu is a very good player. Not quite as talented as some, but plays with as much heart and determination as anyone in the league, and thats all you can ask of any player, no matter their talent. Heart and determination is something you cannot coach, teach, etc... its just part of their personality. While his flopping gets on my nerves, and I think some spurs fans here overrate him by saying that he is on the level of Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc... he's a fantastic player, and a perfect #2 guy to have, and is clutch as hell.

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
My second favorite player to watch compete after Allen Iverson. I think he's amazing.

seconded. I so wish that he was the signing rather than Quentin Richardson that 04-05 offseason. Suns spent themselves out of his range because they outbid themselves for Nash, but I know Manu was on the Suns radar and that he was interested.

His flopping annoys me, but I hate flopping no matter who it is.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
To me Manu is the type of player that leaves absolutely everything on the court and taking no plays off. And, those types of players I really love watching. If I could make up a team of those types of players, despite varying degrees of talent level of each player, that would be my ideal team.

Allen Iverson
Manu Ginobili
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Garnett
David Lee

ancestron
02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
At least Ginobili cut his hair, when he had long hair and it flailed all over the place it really helped sell his flops.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
To me Manu is the type of player that leaves absolutely everything on the court and taking no plays off. And, those types of players I really love watching. If I could make up a team of those types of players, despite varying degrees of talent level of each player, that would be my ideal team.

Allen Iverson
Manu Ginobili
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Garnett
David Lee

good choices

The NBA all-hustle team perhaps

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 02:52 PM

Allen Iverson
Manu Ginobili
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Garnett
David Lee

I agree. I'm all about slashers who attack the rim with reckless abandon. I loved watching Zeke, KJ and Tim Hardaway in the lane. A part of me is surprised Iverson has lasted this long. I can't believe he's never broken down the way slashers in the past have.

I'd love to see Manu in a system that allows him the freedom to just play. He'd be a bit out of control, but he'd be so much fun to watch.

ApolloCreed
02-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Manu is under-appreciated even amongst his own fans.

He's twice the player Tony Parker is.

himat
02-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Manu is under-appreciated even amongst his own fans.

He's twice the player Tony Parker is.

four times the player.

ElNono
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I would take Chauncey over Parker any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Tony has the age thing going for him, but we're built to win now anyways, and Chauncey is more a playmaker and can bang up with bigger PGs in the league.
Plus he has won a championship already, so he knows what it takes.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Chauncey Billups and Manu Ginobili on the same backcourt would be unbelievable.

Rather it be on the Pistons though.

ApolloCreed
02-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Ginobili plays with the eye of the tiger.

Parker's just a chump.

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Parker's gone from overrated to underrated in one season.

After Nash and Paul, I think I'd take Parker. His combination of mid-range jumper, fearless slashing, high percentage shooting and quickness make him a mismatch against everyone. He could certainly be a bit more unselfish, but with him you have a fastbreak every time he touches the ball and with his percentage from the field, you know when he shoots it's got a great shot of going in.

And yes, I'd take Parker right now over Kidd.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I think Parker is great. But, I'd probably take Baron Davis and Deron Williams over him right now. It's a toss-up between him and Chauncey and would largely depend on what style of play a team has as to which would fit better.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Parker's gone from overrated to underrated in one season.

After Nash and Paul, I think I'd take Parker. His combination of mid-range jumper, fearless slashing, high percentage shooting and quickness make him a mismatch against everyone. He could certainly be a bit more unselfish, but with him you have a fastbreak every time he touches the ball and with his percentage from the field, you know when he shoots it's got a great shot of going in.

And yes, I'd take Parker right now over Kidd.Seconded! :tu

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I could be swayed to take Davis over him. He's still a chucker, an issue I have with Billups, but I think Davis is the better chucker and a better all around player.

I like Billups, but i just wouldn't want him as my PG.

EDIT: Williams is a very good PG, but I would rather have Parker for all the reasons mentioned. When healthy, there may not be a tougher PG to defend one-on-one. Parker is a beast. I can't believe he can be as good as he is once he gets into the lane. None of the other PGs mentioned, save for maybe Davis, have what Parker has in the paint.

While I would like my PG to shoot a good percentage from three, Parker is so efficient at what he does, that his limited range beyond 18 feet doesn't even bother me. Some of the PGs mentioned attempt to demoralize and opponent by hitting threes in their faces. Parker just demoralizes you by constantly taking it to you every possession. He's relentless at attacking the paint. I honestly believe he's the toughest PG to defend in the League.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
If you think Billups is a chucker, you haven't seen many Pistons games the last three years or you only see highlights of games where he has to take over to help his team win. He's far from a chucker. There will be plenty of games where he'll take 5-8 shot attempts the entire game. He's nowhere near a chucker. Now whether you think he's better than Parker or Davis or any other point guard, that's up for debate. I personally don't think Chauncey is a top 5 point guard in the league. But, he's not a chucker.

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
I'll openly admit to not having seen near as much basketball as I am used to. I've seen the Pistons play three times this season. If my opinion of Billups is outdated, then take it for whatever it's worth.

As for my definition of chucker, it's a player who'll take inopportune shots with defenders on him or time on the clock, or, also, when said player dribbles down the clock so that his heave is one of the few options remaining. Billups used to be this guy. If you say he isn't any longer, then I'll yield to your opinion.

Still, in light of having not seen this new and improved game manager, I'd probably still take Parker over Billups.

Sorry.

JamStone
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Still, in light of having not seen this new and improved game manager, I'd probably still take Parker over Billups.

Sorry.

Nothing to apologize about. I would probably take a healthy Tony Parker over Chauncey Billups myself. My issue was not you thinking Parker was better. My issue was with you calling Billups a chucker when he hasn't been one in years.

As for my definition of chucker, it's a player who'll take inopportune shots with defenders on him or time on the clock, or, also, when said player dribbles down the clock so that his heave is one of the few options remaining. Billups used to be this guy. If you say he isn't any longer, then I'll yield to your opinion.

And, if that's your definition, then Chauncey Billups is not a chucker. Not saying he will absolutely never take a shot like that. But, those types of shots are extremely rare.

Just curious to test your bias, would you consider Steve Nash a chucker then? I've seen him dribble up the court and take a three pointer with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. I've also recently seen him force a couple bad shots despite having a slow night, I think it was against the Spurs recently. Haven't there been plenty of instances during a game where Nash has been "a player who'll take inopportune shots with ... time on the clock." Just testing your bias.

JMarkJohns
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes. Nash is definaitely is chucker at times. However, I don't mind it so much from a 40% or better 3-point shooter as I do from a player like Davis who's so streaky he can miss four or five in a row.

I hated Richardson on the Suns.

Nash picks his spots. That's all I ask. Davis is great, but I think his style of play can do as much harm as good, which isn't what a successful team needs from its best player.

Tippecanoe
02-15-2008, 04:07 PM
absolutely love him as a player

but absolutely hate him when hes playing against us

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
what about when Chris Childs made Kobe look like a bitch? :lol

And dumbass..he had a black eye..Kobe hit him with his elbow directly in the eye; but of course to you that means he was bitch slapped great logic :toast

Boo Hoo, he had a black eye! That means you can lay on the floor in the fetal position for an hour like a little bitch!

Pussy in fetal position after being bitch slapped.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kobe-elbows-ginobili/2723053793

Real Man after a violent elbow, down but not out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5glRSAUVCQ

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM
damn your stupid!!! Must be one of those shit brains that I see driving around Los Angeles.

Your right..at the end of regulation Manu decided to cry for an hour..didn't they stop the game for like 2 hours to wheel Manu to the hospital? Oh I forgot dumbass he played in overtime and helped the Spurs beat the Lakers..what a fucking pussy he is!!!!

Also..retard how do you get a black eye from a bitch slap?

The real bitch is kobe calling out his teammates..demanding trades..having Chris Childs punk him..and crying on the bench when the Spurs killed them in 2003!!!! :lol

Damn, you're such an idiot! How do you get a black eye from a bitch slap? The same way you get a black eye from any blow to the eye you fucking moron! Some spurs fans IQ is so fucking low it's pathetic!

Look how dumb this statement is,

Your right..at the end of regulation Manu decided to cry for an hour..didn't they stop the game for like 2 hours to wheel Manu to the hospital? Oh I forgot dumbass he played in overtime and helped the Spurs beat the Lakers..what a fucking pussy he is!!!!

They stopped the game for 2 hours, wheeled Manu to the hospital and he came back to help the Spurs beat the Lakers? You're such a tool! A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't know why he's trying to call out Manu out on that Kobe elbow of that game, it was a pretty good clock to the face. :lol

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/shr44s5o.jpg

I'm sure there are better examples (of Manu, or some other players lying on the floor overexaggerating) than that game's incident.

anakha
02-15-2008, 06:41 PM
And the discussion was going so well...

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow..you're so dumb you can't read can you? You stated " that Manu was lying down for an hour..and I said no he was lying down for 2 hours and was carted off to the hospital" (it's called sarcasm moron). I can't believe you how you can't read!!!!!!

How can someone still be a pussy for getting up after the play and helping his team win in overtime?

Idiot..people have been hit in the eye before you just don't get a black eye unless it's severe..fuck your dumb!

Sarcasm? more like idiocy! You don't have to have a severe blow to the eye to get a black eye if you're soft as charmin like Manu is.

They can be a pussy for laying out on the floor in the fetal position for an hour over a bitch slap, like i stated previously. Ignoramous!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
:lol

it got derailed after this comment,

They stopped the game for 2 hours, wheeled Manu to the hospital and he came back to help the Spurs beat the Lakers? You're such a tool! A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

:lmao

JamStone
02-15-2008, 06:48 PM

The discussion was actually pretty good before posters started slinging shit at each other like those monkeys at the zoo ...

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't know why he's trying to call out Manu out on that Kobe elbow of that game, it was a pretty good clock to the face. :lol

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/shr44s5o.jpg

I'm sure there are better examples (of Manu, or some other players lying on the floor overexaggerating) than that game's incident.

That's the best example i could find. Not too many MEN want to be known as a wuss and crybaby over any kind of hit.

Manu's elbow on Kobe was about the same impact. You didn't see Kobe crying like a little bitch :fro

http://www.truveo.com/Manu-Elbowed-Kobe-Natural-Act-of-Basketball/id/1456611730

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Sorry about that, but you asked for a non spurs opinion of Manu, and I gave it. Can't help it if it bothers some idiots so much to start slinging mud. This is not the spurs forum and you wanted non homers opinions. I gave mine. I see Dumb spurs fans saying questionable shit about kobe all the time, he's a rapist, blah, blah, blah all the time and I don't start slinging mud, i just ignore them. Others should do the same otherwise feel the wrath!

BonnerDynasty
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
How about that huge black eye Manu got in the PHX SA Series last year.

After that hit he DOMINATED

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 07:10 PM
How about that huge black eye Manu got in the PHX SA Series last year.

After that hit he DOMINATED

Which would be the manly thing to do. Unfortunately he played the pussy against LA and curled up in the fetal position!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry about that, but you asked for a non spurs opinion of Manu, and I gave it. Can't help it if it bothers some idiots so much to start slinging mud. This is not the spurs forum and you wanted non homers opinions. I gave mine. I see Dumb spurs fans saying questionable shit about kobe all the time, he's a rapist, blah, blah, blah all the time and I don't start slinging mud, i just ignore them.
Nah it's fine. You can knock on Manu all you want, it's your right.

But I think there are better examples of NBA pussies, Manu's the kinda guy that you can't intimidate with hard fouls.

Others should do the same otherwise feel the wrath!

:wow

BonnerDynasty
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Which would be the manly thing to do. Unfortunately he played the pussy against LA and curled up in the fetal position!

You caught Clark Kent and not Superman that day.

Happens to the best of them :hat

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
You caught Clark Kent and not Superman that day.

Happens to the best of them :hat

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Nah it's fine. You can knock on Manu all you want, it's your right.

But I think there are better examples of NBA pussies, Manu's the kinda guy that you can't intimidate with hard fouls.

:wow

:lol :toast

remingtonbo2001
02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
John Stockton was the greatest pure point guard of all-time.

The man invented the flop.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the GOAT.

Deimosfobos
02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Boo Hoo, he had a black eye! That means you can lay on the floor in the fetal position for an hour like a little bitch!

Pussy in fetal position after being bitch slapped.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kobe-elbows-ginobili/2723053793

Real Man after a violent elbow, down but not out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5glRSAUVCQ

I think is funny how both videos, wich are supposed to be oposites, are actually the same.

Both fall to the floor in "fetal position" after getting hit on the head (wich is a common reaction), the only diference is that on Manus video you show him 1 sec on the flor and then the video ends, while on your "real man" video he goes to the floor for several seconds before being able to get up and act all bad about being hited.

Funny... specially when Manu got up, didn't complained and owned the fakers later.

You can call Manu many things, but pussy is not one of them, he's known for playing even better after getting hited.

Nice try tho... keep trying. :clap

LakeShow
02-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I think is funny how both videos, wich are supposed to be oposites, are actually the same.

Both fall to the floor in "fetal position" after getting hit on the head (wich is a common reaction), the only diference is that on Manus video you show him 1 sec on the flor and then the video ends, while on your "real man" video he goes to the floor for several seconds before being able to get up and act all bad about being hited.

Funny... specially when Manu got up, didn't complained and owned the fakers later.

You can call Manu many things, but pussy is not one of them, he's known for playing even better after getting hited.

Nice try tho... keep trying. :clap

I couldn't find one where Manu stayed on the floor but He didn't get right back up. Pop and others were huddled around him for quite some time but I'm done with that. I saw a chance to take a shot at him and I did. I'm done!

Allanon
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Manu's a great player with skills but his flopping takes away from his game.

I mean seriously, wtf were those 2 shots at the end of the Boston game. Ok, 1 I could understand but 2? I think he could have made those shots straight up.

BonnerDynasty
02-16-2008, 01:01 AM
He made up for it against the Cavs.

greens
02-16-2008, 02:57 AM
I honestly haven't seen him flop that much in the last three years...So I don't get why there is this "flopper" image right now...I think Raja is probably the biggest flopper...after watching the Suns/Spurs playoff series last year...

By the way, I agree with those who have said that Manu is the ultimate competitor...I think that's what Pop says about him all the time.

Here is an example...from Game 3 vs the Suns in the playoffs last year...he gets hit in the eye, then scores 8 pts in different ways with a little over a minute left in the third quarter...first a floater, then a foul at a 3 point attempt, then a 3 pointer! I believe the US announcers were talking about how he looks like Oscar de la Hoya with that huge shiner.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfuROkNneQE

Amuseddaysleeper
02-24-2008, 06:18 AM
:toast

BonnerDynasty
02-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I honestly haven't seen him flop that much in the last three years...So I don't get why there is this "flopper" image right now...I think Raja is probably the biggest flopper...after watching the Suns/Spurs playoff series last year...

By the way, I agree with those who have said that Manu is the ultimate competitor...I think that's what Pop says about him all the time.

Here is an example...from Game 3 vs the Suns in the playoffs last year...he gets hit in the eye, then scores 8 pts in different ways with a little over a minute left in the third quarter...first a floater, then a foul at a 3 point attempt, then a 3 pointer! I believe the US announcers were talking about how he looks like Oscar de la Hoya with that huge shiner.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfuROkNneQE

Steve Nash: "Oh Fuck. We just woke up the bull."

daspurs1
02-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I can't believe how many people are saying that Ginobili is the master flopper. He's nowhere close to Varejao, Nash or even Derek Fisher. Plus he's one of the toughest guys on the court along w/ Kobe. He doesn't get nearly enough calls on the offensive end as he should plus probably the best player not to make the all-star team this year.

JMarkJohns
02-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Can't say I've sen enough of Manu to say he's improved, but Manu was one of the handful of players (Raja included) who'd fall over if you breathed on him. That said, Fisher is far and away the worst offender and has been for a long time. I mean, he'll even sneak up behind and blind-side flop on inbounds passes.

And as a Suns fan, Nash isn't anywhere near the flopper that Raja is. Nash does flop, but most of his drawn charges are legit from making the proper defensive rotation. Bell will flail and fall when simply playing man-to-man or when fighting through screens. Nash isn't that type of flopper.

Agloco
02-24-2008, 04:53 PM

Your sig's got us ROFL dood......

Armando
02-24-2008, 05:13 PM
The flopping is irritating especially on the slightest of contact but still I think he is a top 5 shooting guard in the NBA.

1-Kobe
2-Wade
3-Ginobili
4-Hamilton
5-Brandon Roy

greens
02-27-2008, 08:59 PM
The flopping is irritating especially on the slightest of contact but still I think he is a top 5 shooting guard in the NBA.

1-Kobe
2-Wade
3-Ginobili
4-Hamilton
5-Brandon Roy

No Raja Bell on your list!!!

Flight3107
02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
No Raja Bell on your list!!!

Ummmm..... Raja is not a top 5 SG in the NBA.