PDA

View Full Version : Line in the Sand: Trade or Stand Pat

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
It's time that people officially choose a side.

Do you want to stand pat, take your chances in the playoffs and address needs this summer via free agency?

or

Do you want to make a deal, improve your chances in the playoffs and not have flexibility this summer via free agency.

Simply reply with:

Stay

or

Trade

Thanks.

Trade

1Parker1
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
You are an annoying poster. :depressed

degenerate_gambler
02-15-2008, 11:24 AM
roll with what we got..

T Park
02-15-2008, 11:24 AM
you want to make a deal, improve your chances in the playoffs and not have flexibility this summer via free agency.

What flexibility?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM
What flexibility?
Exactly.

Trade.

Ocotillo
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Trade.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
The Spurs will have the same amount of cap flexibility regardless of any trades before the deadline.

:ugh

MI21
02-15-2008, 11:28 AM

:lol

It depends what type of trade you are talking about...

MoSpur
02-15-2008, 11:30 AM

:lol :clap

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
The Spurs will have the same amount of cap flexibility regardless of any trades before the deadline.

:ugh
Thanks again for making the case to:

Trade

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks again for making the case to:

Trade

Not really. Who exactly are the Spurs going to get in return? Gerald Green? Antoine Walker? Theo Ratliff? Is he even going to be able to play again? F that.

MoSpur
02-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I say the Spurs should trade. I think the Spurs will trade. I will agree with trying to get a center who can rebound and defend. I will be okay with the Spurs giving away Bonner, Elson, Horry, Finley, and Barry if he is not going to come back from the injury.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Okay, then. Holt's Cat wants to stick with what we have and roll the dice in the playoffs and replacing the free agents in the summer.

Spuradicator
02-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Stay

Holt's Cat
Okay, then. Holt's Cat wants to stick with what we have and roll the dice in the playoffs and replacing the free agents in the summer.

No, I want to see a trade that actually improves the team, not the dumb fucking moves you advocate.

Rummpd
Stop the panic, all Pop has to do is decide on which big to go with, and I expect him to pull out either Elston or a certain red headed rebounding three point shooting machine - currently both in Pop's dog house but he has a way of magically pulling players out of the hat when needed.

Personally the more Ime on the floor the better I like this team, Findley is stepping up, Manu has been on fire and Duncan has been simply outstanding last few weeks. Parker comes back healthy Spurs can take anyone.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
No, I want to see a trade that actually improves the team, not the dumb fucking moves you advocate.
Like?

T Park
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Stop the panic, all Pop has to do is decide on which big to go with, and I expect him to pull out either Elston or a certain red headed rebounding three point shooting machine - currently both in Pop's dog house but he has a way of magically pulling players out of the hat when needed.

Nothing Pop can do can make Elson not suck anymore.

he sucks.

trade him.

Get Kurt freaking Thomas.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:38 AM
The Sonics don't want more picks.

Try again.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Like?

Kurt Thomas and Jeff Foster, for starters. Either one is better than Elson and worth moving Barry for.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
The Sonics don't want more picks.

Try again.

I'm really sure Presti wouldn't want more picks.

1Parker1
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Can we Trade posters? I think I'd rather read Whottt's constant nagging and Barry love posts than Ghostwriter's 50 million posts and threads that basically say the same thing.

:smokin

fyatuk
02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Most likely, STAY.

No one the Spurs can get is likely to be able to contribute this year even as much as what we have, so we'd be giving up parts useful this year for something useful next year.

Don't see the point unless we're trading expirings for remaining years so we don't have to replace our retiring role players with MLE money or Vet Min, and even then you wouldn't want to give away a regular for someone who's not going to be able to contribute much this year. Barry (since he hasn't been playing and Udoka is playing better than expected) is expendable, as is Elson, but no one else really.

urunobili
02-15-2008, 11:43 AM
:ban:

Bruno
02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
It is a really strange question.
Trade or stand pat depend only on what trades are on the table.
Spurs will be stupid to do a trade just to do a trade.
Spurs will be stupid to pas on a good trade.
It's as simple as that.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm really sure Presti wouldn't want more picks.
Try reading.

They don't want more picks.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Because NBA front office personnel disclose to the press their true intentions.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:47 AM
It is a really strange question.
Trade or stand pat depend only on what trades are on the table.
Spurs will be stupid to do a trade just to do a trade.
Spurs will be stupid to pas on a good trade.
It's as simple as that.

No doubt. But in a world in which trading for Theo Ratliff is considered to be a 'good' trade, you shouldn't be surprised...

pad300
02-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Do you want to stand pat, take your chances in the playoffs and address needs this summer via free agency?

or

Do you want to make a deal, improve your chances in the playoffs and not have flexibility this summer via free agency.

Simply reply with:

Stay

or

Trade

Thanks.

Trade

FALSE DICHOTOMY STRIKES AGAIN

BAD LOGIC ON THE INTERNET

NEWS AT 11!

Some trades I'd make. Some trades I wouldn't...

I'd try not to do anything knee-jerk, and I would strongly consider the long-term consequences of any trade. For example - no to a trade for Artest.

Leetonidas
02-15-2008, 11:48 AM

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:50 AM
No doubt. But in a world in which trading for Theo Ratliff is considered to be a 'good' trade, you shouldn't be surprised...
I'm sorry, do you think the Spurs are capable of trading for no-brainer talent?

Leetonidas
Dude who the fuck cares what side of the fence we are on this? It's not like the more we say we need a trade is going to facillitate getting it done.

Seriously.

Ocotillo

Standing pat really ties our hands in regard to who we will be able to sign this summer. Splitter and Ian may be on the way but with Barry and maybe Finley out the door, there is a swingman hole.

Stoudamire/Vaughn should be ok until 2010 if necessary.

We have some expriing deals. If you find the right deal, you make it. If you get high salaried crap in return for your crap, at least ours is expiring and you can roll the dice with D-league and Euro-farm players (Richardson, Sankidze, or someone else).

SAGambler
:lmao :lmao :lmao DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND????

You have got to be shittin me, Leroy.

You have either got to be here for entertainment value, or you are just the dumbest mother fucker on the face of the earth.

How many of these threads are you gonna start just so you can get :owned ?

And besides, let's just for kicks sake, say 100% want a trade, any trade, just so we make a fucking trade because "everyone else is".

Do you, somewhere in the back of that pea brain of yours, think for one damn tenth of second that the "people that can actually do it" are going to pay one iota of attention to what "the fans want".

Tell ya what. Pony up about $400,000,000 and you can make trades to your little hearts content.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Most of the trades that would be available to the Spurs would entail taking back a horrid contract. Maybe Atlanta would be willing to move one of their young players on a rookie contract if the Spurs were willing to take back Claxton.

Nobody's going to give the Spurs a great young player for Elson by himself, though Ghost seems to think that's a possibility.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Dude who the fuck cares what side of the fence we are on this? It's not like the more we say we need a trade is going to facillitate getting it done.

Seriously.
Oh, right.

I forgot that you're mindless and your opinion doesn't matter.

Drink Drain-o.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry, do you think the Spurs are capable of trading for no-brainer talent?

And Ratliff qualifies?

Joe Schmoogins
02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Stand

MoSpur
02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I think the Spurs do want to trade, but there might be teams out there that don't like what the Spurs are offering or don't exactly want to help the Spurs.

Budkin
02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
As long as we can get a decent big I say trade. Otherwise just grind it out and hope that Elson can get his shit together. I really like the Kurt Thomas idea though.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I think the Spurs do want to trade, but there might be teams out there that don't like what the Spurs are offering or don't exactly want to help the Spurs.

Exactly. The Spurs only have a shot at a decent trade if they are willing to take back a contract with some years left on it.

Leetonidas
02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh, right.

I forgot that you're mindless and your opinion doesn't matter.

Drink Drain-o.
Take your own advice you fucking moron. You are a complete douche and your topics are a fucking disgrace.

You're pathetic.

Matches Malone
02-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Ghost,

Unless you "suggest" the trades that are available, smart people are not going to choose.
Before picking between staying put or trade, everybody needs to know what is out there to decide upon.
So, man up, and present some trades...or copy anyone of you 10,000 trade posts to make easier.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Ghost,

Unless you "suggest" the trades that are available, smart people are not going to choose.
Before picking between staying put or trade, everybody needs to know what is out there to decide upon.
So, man up, and present some trades...or copy anyone of you 10,000 trade posts to make easier.
Dude, do me a favor and look at the board.

There's a half-dozen suggestions by me.

I wish the Spurs could obtain Artest, but I'd settle for freakin' scraps from the Wolves at this point.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Making dumb suggestions does not lend credibility nor make one an authority. Be gone.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I think you are a fool if you think the Spurs should not try to make a trade to improve the team.

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Most of the trades that would be available to the Spurs would entail taking back a horrid contract. Maybe Atlanta would be willing to move one of their young players on a rookie contract if the Spurs were willing to take back Claxton.

Nobody's going to give the Spurs a great young player for Elson by himself, though Ghost seems to think that's a possibility.

That's what I don't understand that he can't get.

Why do WE want to get rid of Elson? Because he is terrible and seems unable to learn the system.

So why would ANY OTHER TEAM want him? And more expressly, why would any other team want him in exchange for someone that is worth a shit?

Let me guess.....THE EXPIRING CONTRACT

I know it may be wholly in the realm of possibilities (never say never), but the last time I looked, a floor full of "EXPIRING CONTRACTS" has never won a NBA Championship.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
You're a fool if you are thinking that laughing at your dumbass trade ideas constitutes a no trade stance.

stxspurs
02-15-2008, 12:17 PM
out of the tradables..bonner, fin, barry, elson
i rather trade elson/bonner. barry/fin seem to get hot at the right times and that helped us in the playoffs and will help us this year.
trade the other 2 for thomas or some other rebounding bigman who can atleast score when needed......of course the minute we get rid of them the will become a def/offense beast at whatever team they go to.....so i say trade only if its right and only involves bonner or elson. on the other had im confident with what we have even though i freak out at times

SAGambler
02-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I think you are a fool if you think the Spurs should not try to make a trade to improve the team.

First of all, it's not something that is easy to do. You can't just give away your junk without getting junk in return. Remember, a trade is a two way deal. And if you getting junk for junk, you ain't improving nothing.

Give me a realistic example of a trade that would help the Spurs. And by realistic, I mean that BOTH TEAMS involved would benefit from it and it would be doable from a $$$$$$$$ standpoint. Then maybe we can talk.

mexicanjunior
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Trade for Kurt Thomas...

Matches Malone
02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Dude, do me a favor and look at the board.

There's a half-dozen suggestions by me.

I wish the Spurs could obtain Artest, but I'd settle for freakin' scraps from the Wolves at this point.

Do you sincerely think people would go over the board to check at every trade thread you post, to then go back and respond in this thread.

If you want to talk about trades, just put a couple of pausible and available ones, that would make sense to both sides.

I wish also that the Spurs could get somebody like Artest (energy, defense, scoring, size), but Artest will not fit in. So it doesn't make sense for the Spurs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Trade, because I can't stand Pat.
http://www.michaeldimarco.com/UserFiles/Image/sweeney_pat.jpg

mardigan
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Man, Stromile Swift would really turn the Spurs season around. :lol

STAY

rascal
02-15-2008, 12:38 PM

TRADE

Thats why the spurs would need to trade Manu especially after his big game. The spurs need to add a quality frontline player and it may take Manu to get something done.

Build around Parker and Duncan.

Mister Sinister
02-15-2008, 12:39 PM
TRADE

Thats why the spurs would need to trade Manu especially after his big game. The spurs need to add a quality frontline player and it may take Manu to get something done.

Are you :smokin?

rasho8
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I vote trade Ghost Writer for a real fan, one thats not an annoying f@ck.

MoSpur
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
I vote trade Ghost Writer for a real fan, one thats not an annoying f@ck.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
It is funny to think that there is only black or white here.

regio
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Only if it's http://www.scarabcart.com/shop/cupajoe2/images/FTLogo.jpg

rascal
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Package Manu and expiring contracts. That would be some value for a team blowing it up and reloading.

Trading only Bonner or Elson will not get you anything of value back.

BonnerDynasty
02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Stay.

waly.mg
02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4508779

ancestron
02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
TRADE

Please stop smoking crack.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:53 PM
First of all, it's not something that is easy to do. You can't just give away your junk without getting junk in return. Remember, a trade is a two way deal. And if you getting junk for junk, you ain't improving nothing.

Give me a realistic example of a trade that would help the Spurs. And by realistic, I mean that BOTH TEAMS involved would benefit from it and it would be doable from a $$$$$$$$ standpoint. Then maybe we can talk.
You see the Gasol trade?

rascal
02-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Ghost are you willing to break up the so called big 3? And if so which one of those would you trade?

You really think the spurs will find another team like Memphis willing to give their top player away for scraps? And if not then you would have to break up the big 3.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm willing to break up the Big Three, so long as we get equal or better value in return.

I don't see that happening.

SenorSpur
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Here's the dilemma.

It may be more cost-effective and beneficial for the Spurs to get a player NOW via TRADE - assuming said player will be a FA when the season ends. That same player may be more expensive and costly to the Spurs if other teams are bidding for his services.

One reason it may make sense to STAND PAT is any player obtained by the Spurs now will unlikely be able to make a significant contribution to the team's rotation. Of course, it will depend on the skill level. There are some exceptions (see the Mohammed acquisition).

That said, if the pending Mavs trade with the Nets goes through, I'd love to see the Spurs target Desgana Diop as a possible acquisition for this year and beyond.

My point is it would depend on the player available as to whether the Spurs should act now or stand pat. If it's a big - YES. If it's a wing player - PROBABLY NOT. They could wait to get a wing player over the summer.

waly.mg
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Funny and stupid Trades:

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4508812
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4508823
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4508830

mardigan
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm willing to break up the Big Three, so long as we get equal or better value in return.

Manu for Stro Show?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey, fvckface.

Do you know what this means?:

"I don't see that happening."

Hang yourself.

rascal
02-15-2008, 01:26 PM

You don't think the spurs can get equal value back for manu or you don't think the spurs will break up the big 3?

I agree that the spurs are not likely to break up the big 3 but they can package Manu and expiring contracts for a quality star big and a good sg or sf to a team ready to break up their current roster and reload.
Or look into a blockbuster 3 team trade which is not likely I know but thats just a possiblity for discussion in here.

romsho
02-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Why would you do that? That is the strength of the team, and the age factor for all three is not an issue. Not to mention they are the defending champions. You are making alot of assumptions with half the season left about just how good everyone else is. They could stand to add a high energy rebounder, but even if they don't you can't say with any degree of certainty this team still won't win the championship as currently constructed. If a deal makes sense, make it...but this is not a panic situation.

rascal
02-15-2008, 01:28 PM
fucknut even suggesting something so asinine as I would break up the big 3 shows me that you're a complete idiot!!!

Settle down there. What do you want no discussions about trades here at all?

This board is about all possibilities and that includes GOD forbid trading Manu as controversial it is to you or not.

Mister Sinister
02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Settle down there. What do you want no discussions about trades here at all?

This board is about all possibilities and that includes GOD forbid trading Manu as controversial it is to you or not.
There's a subtle difference between "controversial" and "stupid."

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
but they can package Manu and expiring contracts for a quality star big and a good sg or sf to a team ready to break up their current roster and reload

What players would manu and the expiring picks bring?

Woud this said player produce in the playoffs and be as clutch as Ginobili?

Can't wait to hear the names produced.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 01:36 PM
There is virtually no way that the Spurs could get equal value in a Ginobili trade. And, fortunately, it seems incredibly unlikely that the Spurs would even consider the possibility of trading Ginobili at this point.

yavozerb
02-15-2008, 01:38 PM
No trade needed to win the championship...Stand pat and let other teams do all the sweating and break up their own teams.

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
There is virtually no way that the Spurs could get equal value in a Ginobili trade. And, fortunately, it seems incredibly unlikely that the Spurs would even consider the possibility of trading Ginobili at this point.

Rascal calls you a blind Ginobili homer.

rascal
for starters
Look to Phil, The Clippers and Indiana.

Dalembert
Brand
J O'Neal

Road Warrior
If the Spurs don't make a trade and end up winning the title, Ghost Writer should agree to remove himself from Earth.

Mister Sinister
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
for starters

Dalembert
Brand
J O'Neal
Not for Manu
Not for Manu
Not for Manu

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Manu for Dalembert???

:lmao x 10,000,000,000,000

ChumpDumper
02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Quality thread.

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
for starters

Dalembert
Brand
J O'Neal

Ginobili for Dalembert?

Excuse my language but,

are you a fucking moron?

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Manu for Dalembert???

"improve the Spurs"

He wants nothing but the best and the biggest superstars :lmao :lmao :lmao

JPB
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Quality thread.

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Manu for Dalembert???

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh man, it hurts...

Mister Sinister
for starters

Dalembert
Brand
J O'Neal
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/retarded.jpg

T Park
Rascal totally lost what little credibility he had left.

As someone that has none, I can say that quite easily.

Mister Sinister
02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Rascal totally lost what little credibility he had left.

As someone that has none, I can say that quite easily.
You should know, you can smell your own?

Spurminator
How about Manu for Brendan Haywood? That's something isn't it?

Taco
Do you want to stand pat,

Can we trade Ghost to Spursreport for two future round draft picks :lol

I say unless there is something out there they cannot pass up STAND PAT!!! :fro

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:57 PM
How about Manu for Brendan Haywood? That's something isn't it?

Is olowakandi available?

adidas11
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Is olowakandi available?

:lol :lmao

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Its funny because I heard a story from a pair of guys who know the Spurs well, and in 03 they brought him to the practice facility to show him around and he said something apparently that pissed the Spurs off so much, they THREW HIM OUT!! :lol

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I agree with the majority that both Parker and Manu are waaaay too much of a bargain to try to get equal value in return.

What's the point anyway, unless the guys they got for them were younger/better/cheaper?

And that's, like, impossible.

I just want to trade Barry (expiring contract), Elson and whatever other sh1t to get some warm bodies to help shore up the frontcourt and/or swingman spots.

I don't want the world.

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I just want to trade Barry (expiring contract), Elson and whatever other sh1t to get some warm bodies to help shore up the frontcourt and/or swingman spots.

I don't want the world

Same here.

But good bodies.

Not just Theo Ratliff and *ugh* Antoine Walker.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but T Park, to get a G. Green or a R. Gomes or a McCants, we'd probably have to take a sh1t guy like Walker or Ratliff.

Don't sleep on Ratliff.

He can be Kevin Willis-esque for us.

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Kevin Willis actually played.

Ratliff doesn't even play. I like Ratliff, I hoped the Spurs would've tried to trade for him when he was in Boston and Portland. The problem is hes so hurt that he never plays.

McCants on this team would be nice, but I don't see Minnesota wanting to give up on him yet.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
You do realize Ratliff hasn't played since November 16th right?

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah.

Ratliff (knee) is still "a couple weeks away" from playing in games, head coach Randy Wittman told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. (Feb 14)

rascal
02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Manu for Dalembert???

You moron. Not straightup.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2008, 02:43 PM
You moron. Not straigtup.Please tell us all the details of your Manu for Dalembert trade.

rascal
Ginobili for Dalembert?

Excuse my language but,

are you a fucking moron? Another moron here.

T Park

Yeah manu PLUS Elson PLUS Barry :lmao

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Explain what the trade is then genius.

Budkin
02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
rascal = PURO FAIL

Mr. Body
02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Instantly silly 5 page thread! I'm only sorry to get here late.

rascal
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Please tell us all the details of your Manu for Dalembert trade.

Iguadala would have to also come back to the spurs.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Iguadala would have to also come back to the spurs.Why don't you work out the whole thing on the trade machine and get back to us.

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
:lmao

They are gonna trade Iguodala Dalembert pretty much their best players

for Manu and crap.

Greatness.

You go ahead and take Iguodala, I'll keep the winner that brings rings and is clutch.

hsxvvd
02-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I guess this is today's GW trade thread.

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I like Iggy and Dalembert. I don't think the Sixers are convinced that Iguadala is a franchise player. I'm not convinced.

That said, while this trade concept is interesting in a fantasy world, Manu means too much to the Spurs to make that deal.

Let's face it... Manu is our offense outside of Duncan. When we're in a jam, pass it to Manu at the top of the arc and watch him pull up for 3, slash to the basket, draw a foul or kick it to an open guy.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
either the spurs trade or ghost will be even more miserable after title #5.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I like Iggy and Dalembert. I don't think the Sixers are convinced that Iguadala is a franchise player. I'm not convinced.

That said, while this trade concept is interesting in a fantasy world, Manu means too much to the Spurs to make that deal.

Let's face it... Manu is our offense outside of Duncan. When we're in a jam, pass it to Manu at the top of the arc and watch him pull up for 3, slash to the basket, draw a foul or kick it to an open guy.

Agreed :tu

How many games and championships does the guy have to win before the haters lay off?

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM

Iguadala would have to also come back to the spurs.

Bullshit. If your initial post was proposing a trade of Manu for Iguoldala and Dalembert you would have mentioned Iguodala. Iggy is the prize of that trade, not Sammy Fucking Dalembert.

:lmao x 30,000,000

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
:lol pwnt

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Me: I think we should trade Manu for Daniel Gibson

Everyone else: You're an idiot.

Me: Duh, idiots, the Cavs would have to throw in LeBron too. Duh...

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Manu and Elson for Iguodala and Dalembert.

GrandeDavid
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Stay.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
does it matter what we think?

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Manu and Elson for Iguodala and Dalembert.

Drink Drain-O and die.

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Bullshit. If your initial post was proposing a trade of Manu for Iguoldala and Dalembert you would have mentioned Iguodala. Iggy is the prize of that trade, not Sammy Fucking Dalembert.

:lmao x 30,000,000

No you moron. I did not put the entire trades out there I just listed some big men and teams. My initial post said package manu and expiring contracts for a big and a sg or sf. Go back and re read it.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Agreed :tu

How many games and championships does the guy have to win before the haters lay off?

Apparently a few more. :spin

cool hearing you on the radio btw.

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Drink Drain-O and die.

You got that from Ghost. Try thinking up your own insults.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
You got that from Ghost. Try thinking up your own insults.

Try thinking of a trade that doesn't trade the second best player on the team bozo.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Apparently a few more. :spin

cool hearing you on the radio btw.

Thank you for listening! :)

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 03:12 PM
quality star big and a good sg or sf

So Dalembert would be the quality star big with Iguodala thrown in.

:lmao :lmao x 45,000,000,000,000,000

Warlord23
02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
rascal, Iguodala has only 1 more year left on his rookie contract at $2.8 mil. Next year his asking price will be in the 8 to 10 mil range at least.

In your scenario we would already have Duncan at 20.5 mil, Parker at 11.5 mil, Dalembert at 10.5 mil. Say we resign Iggy at another 8.5 mil, that's 51 mil gone for 4 players. Then you have Bowen being paid 4 mil and Bonner another 3 mil. Another 3 mil between Udoka, Mahinmi and Vaughn. 61 mil gone for 9 players.

Do you think we are the Knicks or something?

rascal
Try thinking of a trade that doesn't trade the second best player on the team bozo.

You asked me what trade I would make and I gave you one. The spurs get back a center that can play some defense and a young sg with upside potential.

Ghost Writer
Iggy and Dalembert for Manu and Elson would deserve a look in a vacuum.

I don't know the salaries and I just like Manu's magical intangibles more. I never like giving up the best player in any deal.

P.S.

T Park Drain-O'ed rascal.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:15 PM
This is almost as funny as when he wanted to trade Manu for that pussbag Vince Carter.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
P.S.

T Park Drain-O'ed rascal.

When you posted that this morning I admit to laughing so hard my eyes watered.

I had to use it :lol

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
No Dalembert is not a star but a quality defensive center that can play big next to Duncan in the west.

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Iggy and Dalembert for Manu and Elson would deserve a look in a vacuum.

I don't know the salaries and I just like Manu's magical intangibles more. I never like giving up the best player in any deal.

It works salaries wise on realgm.

Nikos
02-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Does Iggy even do ANYTHING better than Manu? The only thing he has on Manu is a little size and youth. Can you honestly say that Iggy is even superior at any facet of the game?

Dalembert might make a nice piece, Iggy has youth -- but this trade doesn't improve their chances at a title. They still would be title contenders every year, but I highly doubt they would be a superior team then what they are now.

Plus as Ghost said, Manu is a bargain at this point given his age and familiarity with the system. If your concerned that Manu will break down or get injured then I could understand it. But from a talent standpoint the Spurs do not improve from this trade.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
No Dalembert is not a star but a quality defensive center that can play big next to Duncan in the west.

No thanks.

Your trading the heart of the Spurs.

Kill yourself.

T Park
Does Iggy even do ANYTHING better than Manu? The only thing he has on Manu is a little size and youth. Can you honestly say that Iggy is even superior at any facet of the game?

Dalembert might make a nice piece, Iggy has youth -- but this trade doesn't improve their chances at a title. They still would be title contenders every year, but I highly doubt they would be a superior team then what they are now.

Plus as Ghost said, Manu is a bargain at this point given his age and familiarity with the system. If your concerned that Manu will break down or get injured then I could understand it. But from a talent standpoint the Spurs do not improve from this trade.

Iggy dunks.

Thats why Rascal likes it.

Dunking = superstar.

rascal
Iggy is a solid player whith good upside. Dalembert gives them a huge upgrade at what they have now at center. The spurs need to add more size up front.

Spurminator
Manu's intangibles alone are worth more than Iggy + Sammy. I can't take anyone who would entertain the idea of trading Manu Ginobili for two centerpieces of an Eastern Conference Lottery team seriously.

rascal
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Manu's intangibles alone are worth more than Iggy + Sammy. I can't take anyone who would entertain the idea of trading Manu Ginobili for two centerpieces of an Eastern Conference Lottery team seriously.

Exchange those two for Manu and Manu is on a lottery team. You have no logic at all. Those two will be playing with Duncan and Parker.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:30 PM
You have no logic at all

No its you halfbrain.

Your gonna trade a 20 point a game all star, clutch, good defensive shooting guard, for a shooting guard and amediocre center from a lottery team in the EAST!?!?!

die.

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Exchange those two for Manu and Manu is on a lottery team. You have no logic at all. Those two will be playing with Duncan and Parker.

So when the Spurs are down in the last 4 minutes of a Playoff game, you'd rather see Andre Iguodala out there than Manu Ginobili?

I'll stick with Manu. But that's just me. I like winning.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Why would the Spurs trade proven for "potential"? What players in the league would someone want wearing the silver & black with 6 minutes left in Game 4 of last year's NBA Finals?

Do Spurs fans realize how good Emmanuel Ginobili is? Apparently not all.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Spurminator read my mind or I read his.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Do Spurs fans realize how good Emmanuel Ginobili is? Apparently not all.

The ESPN loving Rascal apparently doesn't.

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Spurminator read my mind or I read his.

I think we just both watch Spurs games.

batboy
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM

or

Do you want to make a deal, take your chances in the playoffs and not have flexibility this summer via free agency.

Simply reply with:

Stay

or

Trade

Thanks.

Trade

Fixed

td4mvp21
02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Trade

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Line in the sand: Is Ghost mental or drunk?

E20
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
This is Ghost WRiters 100th thread about making a trade. :lol

Ghost Writer
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Line in the sand: Is Ghost mental or drunk?
... from the imbecile who thinks Kidd is washed up and the front office won't get a suitable Parker/Kidd replacement in 2009 with max dollars.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 06:03 PM
... from the imbecile who thinks Kidd is washed up and the front office won't get a suitable Parker/Kidd replacement in 2009 with max dollars.

Yeah, I guess that's me. I'd rather be called an "imbecile" by you than share such a stupid fucking opinion.

Solid D
02-15-2008, 06:08 PM
http://www.ascmag.com/magazine_dynamic/March2007/ltrsFromIwoJima/images/mag_LFIJ_title.jpg
http://www.ascmag.com/magazine_dynamic/March2007/ltrsFromIwoJima/images/ac0307_LFIJ_02.jpg

Matches Malone
02-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Rascal,

Put yourself in the following situation: Imagine that you are part of the Spurs Organization FO. Brand new to the job. On one of your dope smoking nights :smokin , the dream of trading Manu for Iggy and Dali appeared. Next morning you go to Pop's office and you tell him about your exquisite idea to improve the Spurs.

Question: What do you think Pop's reaction would be?

Anyone who might want to help Rascal with the above mentioned question is free to chime in.

anakha
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Ginobili and Elson for Iguodala and Dalembert?

Dalembert = quality star big?

Good Lord. :lmao

T Park
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Rascal,

Put yourself in the following situation: Imagine that you are part of the Spurs Organization FO. Brand new to the job. On one of your dope smoking nights :smokin , the dream of trading Manu for Iggy and Dali appeared. Next morning you go to Pop's office and you tell him about your exquisite idea to improve the Spurs.

Question: What do you think Pop's reaction would be?

Anyone who might want to help Rascal with the above mentioned question is free to chime in.

Hed be fired about 5 minutes after pop got done throwing shit at him in the office.

Russ
02-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Default position is no trade, but keep an open mind to opportunities that assault you. If someone dumps a Pau Gasol in your lap for cab fare, you gotta have your phone turned on.

Matches Malone
02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Hed be fired about 5 minutes after pop got done throwing shit at him in the office.

I was thinking more like Pop cutting Rascal head off, pissing on his neck trunck and hanging his carcass outside the AT&T Center, but I guess T Park, that you are more polite.

Allanon
02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Sure we have no impact on trades but not much else to talk about during All Star Break.

If Boston can get KG for Al Jefferson and scrubs...
If Lakers can get Pau for Kwame and scrubs....

Suns were #1 in the West and still made the Shaq for Shawn Marion deal
Utah made a seemingly no-impact move in trading 1 shooter for another (Kutcher for Giricek) and have gone on a tear since then.
Portland made a questionable move to acquire Lamarcus Aldridge for Zach Randolph
New Orleans was crazy for trading PJ Brown for unreliable Tyson Chandler's huge contract...but look at them now.

Lots of guys available in the West (Artest, Brad Miller, Mike Miller, Mike Bibby, Michael Pietrus, Brand, Maggette, Cassell)
In the East (Zach Randolph, the entire Knicks team, Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, Emeka O, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich)

I'm not saying all these deals work but I figure if Pau can be gotten for Kwame, Barry must be worth LeBron ;)

Spurs road record 14-12
vs West - Boston 16-0, Hornets 25-11, Mavs 23-7, Lakers 19-8, Utah 20-12, Spurs 19-13, Suns 16-14

How crazy is the west? Rockets on a 12-1 run and still sitting outside the Playoffs

Complacency's a killer....TRADE.

NOTE: editing to add more names as I remember them

remingtonbo2001
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm going out on a limb and say stand pat. I wouldn't rule out a trade, however I believe this team is more than equipped to repeat as champions.

smeagol
02-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Watching rascal make a complete fool of himself . . . PRICELESS!!!!

rascal
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Sure we have no impact on trades but not much else to talk about during All Star Break.

If Boston can get KG for Al Jefferson and scrubs...
If Lakers can get Pau for Kwame and scrubs....

Suns were #1 in the West and still made the Shaq for Shawn Marion deal
Utah made a seemingly no-impact move in trading 1 shooter for another (Kutcher for Giricek) and have gone on a tear since then.
Portland made a questionable move to acquire Lamarcus Aldridge for Zach Randolph
New Orleans was crazy for trading PJ Brown for unreliable Tyson Chandler's huge contract...but look at them now.

Lots of guys available in the West (Artest, Brad Miller, Mike Miller, Mike Bibby, Michael Pietrus, Brand, Maggette, Cassell)
In the East (Zach Randolph, the entire Knicks team, Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, Emeka O, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich)

I'm not saying all these deals work but I figure if Pau can be gotten for Kwame, Barry must be worth LeBron ;)

Spurs road record 14-12
vs West - Boston 16-0, Hornets 25-11, Mavs 23-7, Lakers 19-8, Utah 20-12, Spurs 19-13, Suns 16-14

How crazy is the west? Rockets on a 12-1 run and still sitting outside the Playoffs

Complacency's a killer....TRADE.

NOTE: editing to add more names as I remember them

Good post. Welcome aboard.