PDA

View Full Version : Time for Spurs post break push.

Jimcs50
02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Last year, the Spurs won their next 11 games after the All Star break and they never looked back, winning their 4th championship. Looking at the schedule, I see that it is very much a possibility to win their next 11 games again, repeating the feat. They then will be ready for another late season push to get the #1 seed and therefore a leg up on their 5th championship.

One caveat, they are not as healthy as they were last year, so it is imperatve that Parker and Barry get healthy fast.

To me, the season is just now starting up and now I will start paying more attention to games.

SenorSpur
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
When this team is playing at it highest level and for the biggest stakes, I like their chances against any team.

leemajors
02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Jim torpedoes the spurs again.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Y'all ready for this?

Whisky Dog
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
This is when the important part of the season starts. The 1st half is just for treading water until the break, which the Spurs have done being only 2 GB, and now is the time to get going. With Parker injured I don't see an 11 game run coming, but if the recent 7 games of the RRT are an indicator things could start picking up.

ATX Spur
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd be willing to take my foot off the gas a little, if it meant resting Tony for longer.

DazedAndConfused
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
How many times have we heard from the fans here that the Spurs are turning the corner only to have them lose terribly the next night to some bottom feeder like Seattle?

ArgSpursFan.
02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
we're gonna need Duncan,Manu and Tony to be at their very best and giving 110% every game,if we want to have any chances to get to the Conference Finals coze the Lakers and Phoenix are not the same teams tham last year.

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
How many times have we heard from the fans here that the Spurs are turning the corner only to have them lose terribly the next night to some bottom feeder like Seattle?

How many days and weeks must you be an asshole troll that brings nothing to the table intelligence wise?

ChumpDumper
02-15-2008, 01:57 PM
lakerfans getting whiny -- always a good sign.

degenerate_gambler
02-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd be willing to take my foot off the gas a little, if it meant resting Tony for longer.

me too.

the way pop sounded before they shut parker down, he wasn't going to play him until he's convinced parker is ready.

T Park
02-15-2008, 01:59 PM
"All we've got left is awards :depressed"

DazedAndConfused
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
How many days and weeks must you be an asshole troll that brings nothing to the table intelligence wise?

Like you do? Half the things you say about any team other than Spurs are hate filled vile.

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Like you do? Half the things you say about any team other than Spurs are hate filled vile.

ON A SPURS BOARD!!

GASP

drink acid and die.

Heres the sched for the Spurs next 11 games

Vs Charlotte
@ Minnesota
vs New Orleans
vs Atlanta
vs Dallas
@Milwaukee
@New Jersey
vs New Jersey
vs Indiana
@Denver
@Phoenix

Pretty tough sched it looks like to me.

I'd be happy with 8-3

the wins HAVE to come though against Dallas and New Orleans.

Phoenix will be fired up for revenge, Shaq will be there.

Just a formula for a Spurs regular season loss.

Warlord23
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
To all the POS Laker fans in this thread. Maybe you weren't trolling this site last year because you were too busy burning Mitch Kupchak effigies or dreaming up trade scenarios to get Kevin Garnett or salivating over Kobe's scoring title. The Spurs this year have looked exactly the same as last year. There is no switch that needs flipping. The Spurs' MO is to peak at the right time.

2006-07: On 2/15/07 the Spurs' record was 35-18 (0.660). They had a mediocre January (9-7), a promising February (7-3) and a dominant March (13-2).

2007-08: on 2/15/08 the Spurs' record is 34-17 (0.667). They have had a mediocre January (8-8), a promising start to February (5-1 so far).

Bottomline, they are exactly where they want to be. There is no switch that will be flipped. They are just going about executing their plan as usual. Now why don't you go back to your Laker boards to celebrate your January championships, cuz you know when June rolls around your season would be over and you'll have to go watch the Dodgers.

T Park
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
They should be by next saturday 1 game ahead of last year's pace.

This team should win 60 games.

DazedAndConfused
02-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Records don't mean anything. Barry is out, Parker is out, Horry/Bonner/Elson are all useless players. This is not the same team as last year. The rest of the WC got better while the Spurs declined. You can argue all you want but the team you had last year going into the playoffs is better than the one you have right now. Is that still good enough to win the WC? Who knows.

batboy
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Records don't mean anything. Barry is out, Parker is out, Horry/Bonner/Elson are all useless players. This is not the same team as last year. The rest of the WC got better while the Spurs declined. You can argue all you want but the team you had last year going into the playoffs is better than the one you have right now. Is that still good enough to win the WC? Who knows.

I almost forgot that the Lakers compete in good years and the Spurs win in scrub years. Thanks for reminding me of that rule.

And I will remind you of this post when we are hanging another banner in July. Basketball doesn't take a nap just because the Lakers fucking suck.

Die in a fire you myopic piece of shit.

peskypesky
02-15-2008, 04:01 PM

You forgot we have Damon Stoudamire now.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
To all the POS Laker fans in this thread. Maybe you weren't trolling this site last year because you were too busy burning Mitch Kupchak effigies or dreaming up trade scenarios to get Kevin Garnett or salivating over Kobe's scoring title. The Spurs this year have looked exactly the same as last year. There is no switch that needs flipping. The Spurs' MO is to peak at the right time.

2006-07: On 2/15/07 the Spurs' record was 35-18 (0.660). They had a mediocre January (9-7), a promising February (7-3) and a dominant March (13-2).

2007-08: on 2/15/08 the Spurs' record is 34-17 (0.667). They have had a mediocre January (8-8), a promising start to February (5-1 so far).

Bottomline, they are exactly where they want to be. There is no switch that will be flipped. They are just going about executing their plan as usual. Now why don't you go back to your Laker boards to celebrate your January championships, cuz you know when June rolls around your season would be over and you'll have to go watch the Dodgers.

With all of that, unlike last year, the Spurs aren't buried in the standings and have a legitimate shot to win the division and even to end up with the #1 seed in the conference.

T Park
02-15-2008, 04:17 PM

:lmao @ Horry being worthless

DazedAndConfused
02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Horry is worthless. Dude is slow as molasses out there and can't hit the broad side of a barn. You are better off playing Bonner.

rascal
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
The rodeo trip is an advantage in the schedule for the spurs. They get used to playing on the road and in a way it brings the team together when they are on the road so long.

They also get more home games then road games down the stretch in the final couple months.

It may also be less travel in the end. Playing a couple road games then flying back to SA for a couple games then flying back out, is more travel then having longer home stands like what the spurs get after the all star break.

T Park
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Horry is worthless. Dude is slow as molasses out there and can't hit the broad side of a barn. You are better off playing Bonner.

Can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Thats why hes shooting 50% in his last 9 games.

Keep those genius takes coming troll :tu

mikejones99
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
last 2 are murder

Agloco
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM

In 1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007........

Shit happens dude.

Russ
02-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Dear So Cal --

http://z.about.com/d/desktoppub/1/0/x/i/oldswitch1.jpg

Thank you for posting a picture of Kobe Bryant's pinkie finger and its tendon. :)