PDA

View Full Version : Parker back at practice on Monday, could play on Tuesday

Bruno
02-15-2008, 12:22 PM
French article (http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/32036/parker-reprendra-l-entrainement-lundi/)

Tony Parker reprendra l’entrainement lundi midi avec les Spurs. Après trois semaines d’inactivité, le meneur de jeu de San Antonio testera sa cheville à l'occasion de cet entraînement et prendra sa décision sur une éventuelle participation au match de mardi face à Charlotte.

It says that Parker will practice with Spurs on Monday to test his ankle. After that practice, he will decide to play or not the next day against Charlotte.

Holt's Cat
02-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Good news.

ancestron
02-15-2008, 12:33 PM
kick ass

boutons_
02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Bad news, keep him out until 1 March.

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Praise Jesus

Kobulingam
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Give him 2 more weeks than is needed.

phxspurfan
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Give him 2 more weeks than is needed.

I agree. We are doing fine without him for now. I say rest him all the way up to playoff time, if that's what it will take for him to finish strong.

maxpower
02-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I am for more rest. I think it benefits the team in that other players get minutes and valuable experience. It feels like in past years there have been injuries which allowed another player to get better due to playing time.

Road Warrior
02-15-2008, 01:32 PM
We definitely don't need him against the bobcats rest a couple more days so he 100% healthy..last thing we need is Tony re-injurying himself.
:tu

dougp
02-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Parker hasn't been playing? Didn't notice ... keep him off it for a few more games or two weeks.

Alain
02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, let's keep on playing Tim and Manu 40mpg!
:rolleyes

Spurminator
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
How do you guys know he hasn't already been out two weeks longer than necessary? Why do you assume he's being rushed back at the earliest possible time?

Gino20
02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
How do you guys know he hasn't already been out two weeks longer than necessary? Why do you assume he's being rushed back at the earliest possible time?

Good point. If he is 100% healthy, let him play. If not, I wouldnt mind sitting him for a few more days/games. In the end, I trust Pop. Of course, he has made mistakes in the past. However, he tends to be cautious with injured players.

Whisky Dog
02-15-2008, 02:13 PM
99% thread.

There's no point to keeping Parker out 2 weeks longer than necessary, he needs to go when his ankle is healed to the best level that it's going to be. When he comes back he's going to be very sluggish and will take quite a few games to play into game shape.

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Sit him out till the 23rd vs the Hornets.

Time for payback vs those bitches.

I think the Spurs can handle the Bobcats and the Timberwolves ok without Parker.

Bruno
02-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess posters here are doctors and know in what state Parker's ankle is.

I'm all for Spurs staff and Parker being extra careful with his ankle but if they think that Parker is back at 100% and could play, I don't know how I could say "rest him 2 more weeks".

T Park
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm all for Spurs staff and Parker being extra careful with his ankle but if they think that Parker is back at 100% and could play, I don't know how I could say "rest him 2 more weeks".

Im not saying I am.

Whats it hurt to keep him out longer though?

JUUOT
02-15-2008, 02:39 PM
you guys are lame... All the ones saying wait until we need him, why play him against the bobcats...
If he is healthy then play him. Plus how do you expect him to get back into his groove, find his touch. Do you guys think we should seat tim and manu for the first 25 games of the season to make it short so they can be rested for playoff too????
It is quite clear that pop os forced to play manu and tim more than he wants too. This increases big time injury risk. So just give us a break.
As soon as parker is healthy slowly insert him back in the line-up. If he feels well don't even take your time.

Bruno
02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Whats it hurt to keep him out longer though?

Having Parker will help Spurs to win games and have HCA.

Parker should be better against Hornets if it's his 3rd game post injury than his first one.

703 Spurz
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't play him until at least Feb 23 at home vs New Orleans or even until Feb 28 at home vs Dallas.

We need to win those games

spursfan09
02-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Yay!!! Can not wait!

ancestron
02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Some payback against the Hornets would be great. Pull rank on them whippersnappers.

Medvedenko
02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Good for you guys....get him back healthy and go on a nice run.

urunobili
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Some payback against the Hornets would be great. Pull rank on them whippersnappers.same type of blowout on their home would make me feel better for what is about to come... but a loss wouldn't be an upset at this stage of the year

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Hornets got cocky after they beat us. If this was a typical regular season I wouldn't care, but since they're the top seed, I hope we blow them out.

boutons_
02-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Tony's first game back @Bucks, 1 Mar.

cherylsteele
02-15-2008, 06:44 PM
As long as he healthy and no known risk of reinjury.

SouthernFried
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
If he has a bone spur, he'll be alright for a few games, but it's going to come back again.

Ideally, I'd rest that type of injury all the way to a week before the playoffs. He'll start hurting again after the first round, but could suck it up for a coupla months.

I dunno, are they keeping quiet about his injury? Bone spurs don't go away without treatment/surgery. Is it just some sorta ankle tendon type of injury? It all depends on what this injury is.

MegaanLindsay
02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Parker for President!

Kori Ellis
02-15-2008, 07:28 PM
If he has a bone spur, he'll be alright for a few games, but it's going to come back again.

Ideally, I'd rest that type of injury all the way to a week before the playoffs. He'll start hurting again after the first round, but could suck it up for a coupla months.

It's inflammation in his ankle that led to symptoms of bone spurs. If the doctors think he's ready, he should play on Tuesday. It's funny that many people think he should wait two more weeks. How do you guys know he hasn't already waited an extra two weeks? :lol

I dunno, are they keeping quiet about his injury? Bone spurs don't go away without treatment/surgery. Is it just some sorta ankle tendon type of injury? It all depends on what this injury is.

They don't seem to be keeping quiet about it. They have been talking about it since November/December. Bone spurs can easily go away without surgery, depending on the treatment. And he's been having treatment. That's why he's been off.

ducks
02-15-2008, 11:40 PM

I am for wanting tp to be 100% for playoffs
I want him back to help spurs
manu plays much better when tp is playing
tp needs also to find his touch again before playoffs

pop wanted tp to be 100% before coming back if he is going to test it out he has to be close
pop knows what he is doing

phyzik
02-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I say let him practice but keep him out for a few more weeks.... If the loss column starts to get too bad THEN bring him back.

ducks
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
I say let him practice but keep him out for a few more weeks.... If the loss column starts to get too bad THEN bring him back.
because his health is not important if the spurs are losing he should play anyhow :rolleyes

phyzik
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
because his health is not important if the spurs are losing he should play anyhow :rolleyes

STFU Ducks! You know what I meant! :lol

If we are in danger of being bounced out of the playoffs......... Then and ONLY then. I could care less if we get the 8th seed.

genomefreak13
02-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Practice all he want. But please, don't play against the bobcats. We can't risk his injury in a sure win situation. Wait till were up against a good team before he should play. It will be a good surprise...

spursfan09
02-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Seriously, is this the longest time the Spurs have played without TP?

LaMarcus Bryant
02-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Rest Parker the rest of the season, we're going to get smoked down low the entire playoffs anyway, parker's presence will be irrelevant.

greens
02-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I miss seeing TP play with the guys. I hope he plays.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-16-2008, 12:51 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhh in case you didn't realize, without parker ginobili has emerged as the player he was meant to be i saidddd

this fool can average 30 and 5 and 5 without parker
we're better off without that injury prone ass mark, TONY PARKER

BonnerDynasty
02-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Bring him back and let Manu or tim take a nap.

bostonguy
02-16-2008, 01:45 AM
Rest Parker the rest of the season, we're going to get smoked down low the entire playoffs anyway, parker's presence will be irrelevant.

Why are you sweating about this? Worry about your trailblazers and that 8th seed. The season isnt over yet so dont jump ship yet bro.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-16-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm sweating about it because parker being gone has proven to be the best thing that ever happened to the spurs.

Man In Black
02-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Play TP before the re-match with the Bugs. If anything, it allows Pop his starting rotation and gives Manu a chance to come off the bench again. Limiting Manu's minutes so that way he feels fresh is mutually beneficial for him and the Spurs.

spursfan09
02-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm sweating about it because parker being gone has proven to be the best thing that ever happened to the spurs.

Yea I could see why a fan of another team wouldn't want the Spurs to play with Parker.

spursfan09
02-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought I saw Tony Parker carrying around a spork one time during the game.

waly.mg
02-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Tony must to begin playing slowly

Probably 20-25 minutes or from the bench, and Manu as Starter

But if we start Tony and Manu to the bench again, isn´t the best

JPB
02-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Rest him an extra two weeks after that first extra two weeks !

bobbybob0
02-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't get why you guys want to keep him off even if he's 100% healthy.

Did you just read the first post? He'll practice on Monday to test his ankle and will then decide if he plays.

Why not keep all the Big 3 in street clothes until we're in the 8th seed then?

ricketts
02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
you guys are lame... All the ones saying wait until we need him, why play him against the bobcats...
If he is healthy then play him. Plus how do you expect him to get back into his groove, find his touch. Do you guys think we should seat tim and manu for the first 25 games of the season to make it short so they can be rested for playoff too????
It is quite clear that pop os forced to play manu and tim more than he wants too. This increases big time injury risk. So just give us a break.
As soon as parker is healthy slowly insert him back in the line-up. If he feels well don't even take your time.

exactly :tu