PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts, swag for Mono and Pats

Fabbs
02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3247804
MANAGUA, Nicaragua -- The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and ended the season with a perfect 19-0 record -- at least it looks that way in Nicaragua.

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans "Super Bowl Champions, 19-0" to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

Thursday's gifts could not change history -- the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14 -- but they made a lot of youngsters in the communities of San Gregorio and Buena Vista very happy, said Miriam Diaz, spokeswoman for the humanitarian organization World Vision, which arranged the donation with the NFL.

"They [Patriots] lost, but the children won," Diaz said.

The only "football" most of the children know is soccer, but they were very enthusiastic about the U.S. version of the game once the rules were explained to them, she said.

"They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys," Diaz said. "They said they did not expect such a surprise."

Neither did the Patriots.

monosylab1k
02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
If you like mocking a show of goodwill & charity to impoverished children in 3rd world countries, go right ahead. You've shown yourself to be a massive douche on many occasions before.

dallaskd
02-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey they cheat with class. props to the pats

Fabbs
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM
If you like mocking a show of goodwill & charity to impoverished children in 3rd world countries, go right ahead. You've shown yourself to be a massive douche on many occasions before.
You're so mature.

monosylab1k
02-15-2008, 09:01 PM
You're so mature.
I know. I'm not the one poking fun at an act of charity to to the less fortunate.

Fabbs
02-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Even tho no one on the board believes your sincerity for the charity.

So did you get a shirt that says 19-0 Pats? :hungry:

monosylab1k
02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Even tho no one on the board believes your sincerity for the charity.

So did you get a shirt that says 19-0 Pats? :hungry:
No, I'd rather needy children in 3rd world countries have them. I'm not one to make jokes at their expense, unlike dickheads such as yourself.

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Hook, line, and sinker.

SrA Husker
02-17-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02142008/news/worldnews/pats_nicaragua/photo01.jpg

Vinnie_Johnson
02-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I know. I'm not the one poking fun at an act of charity to to the less fortunate.

You are such a Cunt :lol

J.T.
02-17-2008, 02:42 AM
It's all fun and games to talk shit on mono and other Pats fans for them blowing the Super Bowl, but using the charitable donation of the losing team's champs gear isn't funny. Those kids live in a world where Peyton Manning choked in the Super Bowl to Rex Grossman and the Buffalo Bills won four straight. They don't give a fuck about the NFL, they just get some cool shirts and hats every year.

Make fun of Pats fans for their parade routes and 19-0 books, not for the NFL donating all those shirts and hats to needy kids. They probably don't get sports gear like that except after the Super Bowl since other leagues wouldn't even press enough gear for both teams unless the world series or NBA Finals went to 7 games.

O-Factor
02-17-2008, 06:30 PM
I didn't read anywhere in this thread where people were actually making fun of impovershed children. They are just making fun of the whole 19-0 apparel itself. Big difference. I mean its better than burning the damn clothes. And Mono, as usual is just whinning like a little bitch. Nothing new there.

monosylab1k
02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
I didn't read anywhere in this thread where people were actually making fun of impovershed children. They are just making fun of the whole 19-0 apparel itself. Big difference.
Wrong. A joke is being made about charity to impoverished kids, bottom line. if you're also a douche and want to associate yourself with that, be my guest.

O-Factor
02-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Okay, quote the "joke" that was made about these poor kids. Where did someone say" look at these stupid kids wearing 19-0 pats crap hahaha"........

Thats right, nothing of the sort was ever said. All the thread starter did was post an article from ESPN AND make fun of YOU.

Are you a poor and impoverished kid? If so, then you are right and I apologize :lol

samikeyp
02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Nice to see the NFL do this. :tu

monosylab1k
02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Okay, quote the "joke" that was made about these poor kids. Where did someone say" look at these stupid kids wearing 19-0 pats crap hahaha"........
The joke isn't about the kids you fucking moron. Where did I say "a joke was made about impoverished kids"? There isn't any you dipshit fucking Cowboyfan.

A joke was made about a show of charity to impoverished kids. Again, learn to fucking read you idiot.

And making light of this in any way is douche behavior, end of story. Alot of kids were made very happy by this, jokes are completely inappropriate.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Fuck, Nicaraguan kids get everything!!!!

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I wonder what the kids from El Salvador got.

midgetonadonkey
02-18-2008, 11:50 AM
I wonder what the kids from El Salvador got.

They got the Dallas Cowboy World Champion shirts you had printed up in week 13.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
They got the Dallas Cowboy World Champion shirts you had printed up in week 13.

Those kids must look cool as shit wearing them.

I need to go to El Salvador and get me some shirts.

O-Factor
02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
The joke isn't about the kids you fucking moron. Where did I say "a joke was made about impoverished kids"? There isn't any you dipshit fucking Cowboyfan.

A joke was made about a show of charity to impoverished kids. Again, learn to fucking read you idiot.

And making light of this in any way is douche behavior, end of story. Alot of kids were made very happy by this, jokes are completely inappropriate.

Wrong again. THE JOKE WAS/IS YOU!

I highly doubt you are a true champion for charity and impoverished children throught the world.

You are just upset that people are making fun of your patriots bandwagoning and how that bandwagoning in the end failed you. :cry

monosylab1k
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I highly doubt you are a true champion for charity and impoverished children throught the world.
What an asshole.

Go ahead and make light of a great story of charity. I'm sure Pol Pot will enjoy talking to you in hell.

johnsmith
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM
What an asshole.

Go ahead and make light of a great story of charity. I'm sure Pol Pot will enjoy talking to you in hell.

After the "fuck you all" and "kill yourselves"..........we'll see you there.

Long live 19-0 shirts in the Southern Hemisphere!

Spuradicator
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
What an asshole.

Only asshole in this thread is you dude

monosylab1k
02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Only asshole in this thread is you dude
I guess that's what I get for defending charity :rolleyes

johnsmith
02-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess that's what I get for defending charity :rolleyes

It's more funny that everyone actually believes mono's sincerity on this subject then anything.

Well played mono.

peewee's lovechild
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
What if it gets cold?

Will there be any 19-0 sweaters or coats?

mikejones99
02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
dallas people still need to shut their traps more, u are in the San Antonio Spur place

peewee's lovechild
02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
dallas people still need to shut their traps more, u are in the San Antonio Spur place

You make so much sense, since basketball = football.

And, since San Antonio has it's own football team.

Not to mention that this thread is in the NFL Forum.

I hope to grow up to be just like you.

IceColdBrewski
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45304

peewee's lovechild
02-19-2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45304

:lol :lol :lol

Tlong is probably making his way to Uganda right now.