PDA

View Full Version : 10-11 spread out of LV - Huh?

Rummpd
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Unheard of out of talented teams even with a key player missing. This is a line you would usually see Spurs vs. Hawks, NO, or something. Do you agree?

Serious respect for the Spurs by the line makers who usually know what they are doing ( I had predicted a closer win but who knows on this one - Reggie hot = close, Reggie cold = no mas). Spurs have about a 11 point win margin average and it is at home but still this is a huh? to me.

On another vein, everytime I watch O'Neil I think if only the Spurs had pursued him instead of Kidd a few years back.

Duncan and O'Neil would have been best front line in NBA history after a few years of playing together.

MadDoc

BigVee
01-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I watch the line very closely also. The Spurs are the only team in the league to be favored in EVERY game this year. Check it out. Amazing. They have been double digit favorites several times and just as amazing the are over 66% against the spread.

FromWayDowntown
01-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I watch the line very closely also. The Spurs are the only team in the league to be favored in EVERY game this year. Check it out. Amazing. They have been double digit favorites several times and just as amazing the are over 66% against the spread.

Then there's just no excuse for any losses by this team -- it should beat the inferior teams.

:rolleyes

BigVee
01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Then there's just no excuse for any losses by this team -- it should beat the inferior teams.

:rolleyes

At least we know all the bookmakers feel the Spurs should have won every game this year.

boutons
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
"bookmakers feel the Spurs should have won every game this year"

I guess that makes SA the "money" team, since LV doesn't vote with its heart.

I'd be happy with 31 - 2. :))

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
The Spurs did pursue J.O. a couple of years back, but he made it clear he was staying in Indiana. If the Spurs are ever looking for another GM. . .

whottt
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Pursuing O'Neal made a lot more sense than going after Kidd...but I'm kind of glad it worked out the way he did, a dominant bigman surrounded by star quality guards is a better title contender than two dominant bigs surrounded by bad guards...

If we had signed J O'Neal we probably don't have Manu and Parker locked up for the next 6 years, we probably don't have Manu at all.

I'm not saying it would have been a bad idea to go after O'Neal, because obviously it wouldn't have been, I mean how can you not......but I'm not convinced we'd be in a better position if we'd signed O'Neal...

GoSpurs21
01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Unheard of out of talented teams even with a key player missing. This is a line you would usually see Spurs vs. Hawks, NO, or something. Do you agree?

Serious respect for the Spurs by the line makers who usually know what they are doing ( I had predicted a closer win but who knows on this one - Reggie hot = close, Reggie cold = no mas). Spurs have about a 11 point win margin average and it is at home but still this is a huh? to me.

On another vein, everytime I watch O'Neil I think if only the Spurs had pursued him instead of Kidd a few years back.

Duncan and O'Neil would have been best front line in NBA history after a few years of playing together.

MadDocToo bad this combonation would have prevented the contracts Manu and Tony got. May have also prevented getting Barry.

50 cent
01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I think I might bet on IND...i think the Spurs win a close game.

GoSpurs21
01-07-2005, 12:53 AM
considering the Spurs won by 13 it sounds like the Vegas guys know what they are talking about