PDA

View Full Version : NBA Great Charles Barkley Calls Conservatives ‘Fake Christians’

02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Barkley Calls Out Conservatives (http://www.breitbart.tv/html/48184.html)

As always, Charles tells it like it is.

exstatic
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
The "leadership" of the various X-tian coalitions certainly have been, backing the various apostasies of Rudy and Romney, and ignoring the Baptist minister from Arkansas.

boutons_
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Benny Henn's $10M estate on the Pacific coast is classified as his "church's" "parsonage" for tax-free purposes.

And here's yet another report that "Christian" radicals and nutters are in it for the power and $$$:

http://consumerist.com/357220/study-says-payday-lenders-more-prevalent-in-areas-of-high-christian-conservative-power

mrsmaalox
02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
:makeout I want to have Barkley's baby!

Ya Vez
02-16-2008, 01:12 PM
so barkley makes a judgment on other people making judgments... pretty smart there mr. barkley... lol

mrsmaalox
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
so barkley makes a judgment on other people making judgments... pretty smart there mr. barkley... lol

He never claimed to be Christian or conservative.......

Holt's Cat
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I can't think of a better way to position one's self for a run at the governorship of the State of Alabama.

jochhejaam
02-16-2008, 02:57 PM
The "leadership" of the various X-tian coalitions certainly have been, backing the various apostasies of Rudy and Romney, and ignoring the Baptist minister from Arkansas.

You've confused their backing of someone they felt was suited for leading our Country with backing what you have titled their "apostasies".

If that's not the case, cite the specifics of the apostasies you're accusing the various Christian leaders of backing.

jochhejaam
02-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I can't think of a better way to position one's self for a run at the governorship of the State of Alabama.
Barkley reminds me of an African American version of Roy Moore.

jochhejaam
02-16-2008, 03:13 PM
He just stereotyped, what, 75 million Americans in one fell-swoop. Impressive.

Arrogant, Ignorant bigot.

jochhejaam
02-16-2008, 03:40 PM
A true ambassador for the NBA. It'll be interesting to see if D-Wade still wants to be in his five.

exstatic
02-17-2008, 10:28 AM
You've confused their backing of someone they felt was suited for leading our Country with backing what you have titled their "apostasies".

If that's not the case, cite the specifics of the apostasies you're accusing the various Christian leaders of backing.
Sorry I used a word that was to big for you to understand. I'll try to keep it simple from here on out, in deference to your limitied vocab.

The various X-tian "leaders" primarily backed two candidates who's records are rife with pro-choice votes and legislative tolerance towards gays. Such a stance is not consistent with their values or those of their flocks. I guess, though, that Rudy and Romney were just for those things before they were against them.

jochhejaam
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry I used a word that was to big for you to understand. I'll try to keep it simple from here on out, in deference to your limitied vocab.

The various X-tian "leaders" primarily backed two candidates who's records are rife with pro-choice votes and legislative tolerance towards gays. Such a stance is not consistent with their values or those of their flocks. I guess, though, that Rudy and Romney were just for those things before they were against them.
Nice ad hominem intro. Most posters have been around long enough to see that for what it is. If you don't like being called out, don't post B.S.

You specifically stated that Christian leaders were hypocrites for "backing apostasies". You were called on it and admitted your error by restating that they were backing candidates...

Good enough.

p.s. We're trying to elect a President, not a Religion Czar.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Only in your imaginary world can you separate the candidate from their apostasies. What would you do with them? I'm sure no one else in the GOP wants them... The fact is, they hang around their necks like a rotting pork chop, yet the Religious Reich back them to the hilt, when other pro-life, or in Huckabee's case ordained ministers go without their support. You may not want a Religious Czar, but I'll bet their followers do. That makes their "leaders" fake Christians.

Ignignokt
02-18-2008, 01:58 AM
Only in your imaginary world can you separate the candidate from their apostasies. What would you do with them? I'm sure no one else in the GOP wants them... The fact is, they hang around their necks like a rotting pork chop, yet the Religious Reich back them to the hilt, when other pro-life, or in Huckabee's case ordained ministers go without their support. You may not want a Religious Czar, but I'll bet their followers do. That makes their "leaders" fake Christians.

Quit being such a fat star wars obsessed douche.

exstatic
02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Quit being such a fat star wars obsessed douche.
Wow, g-town, you've reached a new low that I didn't think was even possible for you. Impressive.

P.S. I'm not obsessed with Star Wars. I always thought it was a pretty mediocre Space Opera, and mostly aimed at kids.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
:lmao at gdouche thinking muaddib has anything to do with starwars