PDA

View Full Version : Let's go into playoffs now! (PO matchups)

BonnerDynasty
02-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Tough Western Conference? Not really :hat

....if the playoffs started today!

1.New Orleans
2.Phoenix
3.LA Lakers
4.Utah
5.San Antonio
6.Dallas
7.Golden State
8.Houston

First Round matchups are as follows:
1 vs. 8
4 vs. 5
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6

Conference Semifinals matchups are as follows:
1-8 Winner vs. 4-5 Winner
2-7 Winner vs. 3-6 Winner

First Round:
NO vs Houston
Utah vs. S.A.
PHX vs Golden State
Lakers vs Dallas

Second Round:
NO/Houston vs S.A.
Phoenx/GS vs L.A./Dallas

West Finals:
S.A. whoever.

Time to see if the Basketball gods really love the Spurs!

exstatic
02-16-2008, 12:00 PM
:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-16-2008, 01:25 PM
New Orleans/Houston would be an interesting matchup. That could be 2 years in a row that we see a first round 1-8 upset.

It's amazing to me that a 50 win team will likely miss the playoffs in the West while some 34 win team in the East will probably get in. :pctoss

SAtown
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM
GS vs Dallas in the 2nd round. :lmao

T Park
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
GS vs Dallas in the second round would be greatness.

Spurs would beat the Jazz in 6.

Spurs vs New Orleans or Houston in the second round?

Make it Houston. We've got some payback for those bitches in the playoffs :smokin

T Park
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Golden State could take out Phoenix, and I think the Lakers beat the Mavericks.

Golden State vs LA would be a very very interesting matchup.

td4mvp21
02-16-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd rather go into the playoffs in April, when we are hopefully playing a lot better than we are now.

exstatic
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I'd rather go into the playoffs in May, when we are hopefully playing a lot better than we are now.
Uh, they start in the middle of April. :wtf

td4mvp21
02-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Uh, they start in the middle of April. :wtf

:lol Wrong month!

Allanon
02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Except for being on the Road throughout, the matchups right now are favorable for the Spurs.

Slow tempo like the Jazz and unproven like the Hornets.

This year being in the top 4 will be the difference because teams 1-10 are all killers this year. Especially for the Spurs since their road record is one of the worst of the West top 8.

Rick Von Braun
02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Except for being on the Road throughout, the matchups right now are favorable for the Spurs.

Slow tempo like the Jazz and unproven like the Hornets.

This year being in the top 4 will be the difference because teams 1-10 are all killers this year. Especially for the Spurs since their road record is one of the worst of the West top 8.

I think the Spurs can go on the road and be just fine. They are currently underperforming and still have the 5th road record in the West. Furthermore, they still have one of the best home records... in the playoffs, they will be pretty tough to beat, especially at home.

It is all about matchups and how the team evolves in the next couple of months. With 31 games to go and only 2 games back from the top of the West, nothing is set on stone.

T Park
02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
If Rick Von Braun is confident, I don't see how that CANT make you confident :)

stepmonkey
02-16-2008, 07:01 PM

Spurs would be at home against Utah and Houston.

Cry Havoc
02-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Even if you're away, you only need to hold serve at home and win 1 or two on the road to make it to the next round. The Spurs typically play horribly in the first game of the playoffs every year anyway, so I'd rather give that one up on the road and then settle into our dominant Spurs-style playoff mode.